PDA

View Full Version : 3 monitors

ZL1Killa
09-08-2009, 07:10 AM
A friend is wanting to run 3 monitors (panorama)

he is going to purchase an EVGA nvidia gtx275 card that has 2 DVI outputs.

In order to get all 3 monitors in sync displaying in panorama, where each screen is different in game and shows more of your surroundings, would he simply run a DVI splitter from one DVI out to two monitors and then use the 2nd DVI on the card to a 3rd monitor, or would he use a triple splitter?

RAzorBurn
09-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Nope, it won't work that way. To get 3 monitors working in games you need a special device made by Matrox-TripleHead2Go, or sofrware-SoftTH. Both have some issues, but the Matrox seemed to be the best solution to me. Just set one up across 3 24" monitors. It is fantastic. No going back to single monitors.
The TripleHead2Go is kinda picky about monitors. Not all games support it. And some that do still have issues like HUD, Menu, and FOV problems. Go to WideScreenGamingForums and look under Surround Gaming. All Info is there.

PaganII
09-08-2009, 08:27 AM
The new ATI 5800 series is supposed to do triple head out of the box.

http://vr-zone.com/forums/475602/more-details-about-ati-eyefinity-technology.html

Jamesrt2004
09-08-2009, 08:30 AM
yah tell him to wait and get 58xx

ZL1Killa
09-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Nope, it won't work that way. To get 3 monitors working in games you need a special device made by Matrox-TripleHead2Go, or sofrware-SoftTH. Both have some issues, but the Matrox seemed to be the best solution to me. Just set one up across 3 24" monitors. It is fantastic. No going back to single monitors.
The TripleHead2Go is kinda picky about monitors. Not all games support it. And some that do still have issues like HUD, Menu, and FOV problems. Go to WideScreenGamingForums and look under Surround Gaming. All Info is there.

the triplehead2go is what he had heard about, I was unsure how it all worked. thanks for the input!

RAzorBurn
09-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Sweet, looks like I will be getting ATI 5800