PDA

View Full Version : could a mother board cause the 2d kick down

shadowwind
09-07-2009, 06:33 AM
before i left on vacation to go to the cape i changed out my gtx 260s i swapped the bad one for the good one now the bad one is the good one and the good one is the bad one. weird so im thinking it could be the mother board the board the cards work on is the ausus amd3 board with ddr3
mem i got a jetway nvidia amd board with ddr2 both cards hate it also got a biostar board both cards will not work on.any merit to this theory or am i grasping at straws again.

OldChap
09-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Lets make a list then..

My 192's would sometimes complete but mostly not with a driver failed and recovered in a maximus formula x38 MB and G-Skill 1066

My 9800gtx (normal) would sometimes go to 2d when folding but go to the above sometimes when on grid on same machine

Both the above I forced 3d in riva, Nvidia CP and ATI tool and with 6.6.38 and 190.38

DAK1640
09-07-2009, 08:08 AM
I have many diff mobo types, occurs on all...

Chumbucket843
09-07-2009, 10:27 AM
failures on p35 and x58. its the cuda fft library that is failing all of these packets for the 260. apparently someone posted a quaetion about this on cuda zone.

Otis11
09-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Well, I have a Asus P6T and have never had a problem... if that helps any.

Edit: for LGA 1366 - I guess they have different P6Ts...

INFRNL
09-07-2009, 06:16 PM
I have problems on my Bloodrage; haven't tried on any other board. One system with problems is enough at a time for this kid

I do not think its mobo related. driver or boinc related

shadowwind
09-07-2009, 06:32 PM
i was thinking it could be the pci-e channel it will allow one 260 to work add another they error out but both cards work when i run them one at a time 0n the am3 board that's the weird part.and why i asked if it could be the mother board.:shrug:

DAK1640
09-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Asus, Gigabyte, Abit, etc...Damn, all affected:(

INFRNL
09-09-2009, 08:11 PM
anyone using boinc 6.10.4 yet along with 190.xx drivers? Still experiencing the same problem?

I need to get on the grid forum and see if there is any useful info yet

shadowwind
09-10-2009, 12:45 AM
anyone using boinc 6.10.4 yet along with 190.xx drivers? Still experiencing the same problem?

I need to get on the grid forum and see if there is any useful info yet

im going to try it out when i get back from vacation im stuck at the cape for another week i like 1 week vacations not 2weeks:rolleyes:

INFRNL
09-10-2009, 06:39 PM
im going to try it out when i get back from vacation im stuck at the cape for another week i like 1 week vacations not 2weeks:rolleyes:

Are you serious or making jokes? :ROTF: I could use a 2 week vaca right now. I will be going to San Diego next month for a week; will have to make sure my rigs are up to par while Im gone, they have been running great lately non-stop 24/7! :up:

Well I hope that you are at least enjoying yourself :yepp: :shrug:

I am tempted to try 6.10.4 and 190.xx drivers with SLI, but I'm a bit nervous after the last experience. If I remember it runs 1 gpu fine, but not 2. I could be lying right now too :shrug: cannot recall.

I have been doing pretty well lately. avg close to 20k ppd between all 7 275's. I am happy with my production being that I have 1 rig with 2 gpu's and another with 3. ppd do not seem to drop too terribly much with multiple gpu systems, but there is some. I would really love to have 1 rig per gpu, but I do not think that will ever happen.

shadowwind
09-11-2009, 12:45 AM
i was serious going on vacation with the wife is like one big road race you go and go till you drop my wife is like the energizer bunny and when it is over im glad to go back to work i get a vacation from my vacation and i get to rest.:D

PoppaGeek
09-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Sorry your vacation is not as enjoyable as they are supposed to be. But I would say you are having a better time than the last 2 days have been here.

I live downstairs in my daughters house. She and her kids upstairs. My space is pretty nice. Yesterday I awoke to the sound of water. A water pipe upstairs had burst and by the time I awoke the water was 1 inch deep in my bathroom and entering the bedroom. Half my living room was like a rain forest in monsoon season. The water never got to my electronics or books so not all bad.

Having firbomyalgia, bending, stooping, squatting or even much walking can be a difficult and painful action and I had to do alot of it yesterday and today. Pain killers do nothing so ya just have to accept it. Trying to dry the carpet so as to avoid black mold. So far damage to ceiling tiles is minimal. It could have been much worse.

THEN I get a call one of my grankids probably has swine flu, according to doc. Test showed strep and scarlet fever, on aniti-biotocs and expected to be ok in 4 - 5 days. BUT her dad is on immune system suppressants for very bad eczema. :(

Sitting here hurting from my head to my toes and fingers feeling lucky my grand daughter should be ok and my PCs and books and HDTV did not get rained on. So try and get some surf and sun type relaxation and enjoy yourself. :up:

Things could be worse and probably will be eventually.:yepp:

MikeB12
09-11-2009, 06:04 PM
the wife is like one big road race you go and go till you drop my wife is like the energizer bunny

she wore you out huh ? women have different equipment product life cycles than men :rofl:

shadowwind
09-12-2009, 07:12 AM
she wore you out huh ? women have different equipment product life cycles than men :rofl:

:rofl: if that was the problem i think i would be happier trying to keep up:rofl:

problem is i think i went to every store on the cape and my crazy wife didn't buy a damn thing now she is wanting to go back to buy a dress she seen 4 days ago she tried on as if im going remember that dress
as she describes it to me good lord she tried on a least 100 dresses:shakes: but all is good im starting to get into the swing of things.:D

PoppaGeek
09-15-2009, 01:17 PM
:rofl: if that was the problem i think i would be happier trying to keep up:rofl:

problem is i think i went to every store on the cape and my crazy wife didn't buy a damn thing now she is wanting to go back to buy a dress she seen 4 days ago she tried on as if im going remember that dress
as she describes it to me good lord she tried on a least 100 dresses:shakes: but all is good im starting to get into the swing of things.:D

You back on duty or still dress shopping? I can't imagine have new hardware sitting at home and being gone for 2 weeks.:eek:

At least tell us ya got to do some fishing. :up:

shadowwind
09-15-2009, 02:12 PM
:rofl:i got some fishing in i caught a 38 pound cod fish and a shark so that was fun im going out again tomorrow morning.
yup i got new hardware at home and it was killing me the first week i couldnt install it, and all i was doing as i was being drag from store to store was a yes honey that looks good ,yes man.verry boring, week 2 is a lot better im going with the flow now.:D im not one for vacations im a work aholic. but im learning to like it now this is the first time in years i had a vacation with just me and the wife and no kids with us i will be looking forward to more vacations with just me and her for now on.:smileysex:

PoppaGeek
09-15-2009, 02:14 PM
:rofl:i got some fishing in i caught a 38 pound cod fish and a shark so that was fun im going out again tomorrow morning.
yup i got new hardware at home and it was killing me the first week i couldnt install it, and all i was doing as i was being drag from store to store was a yes honey that looks good ,yes man.verry boring, week 2 is a lot better im going with the flow now.:D im not one for vacations im a work aholic. but im learning to like it now this is the first time in years i had a vacation with just me and the wife and no kids with us i will be looking forward to more vacations with just me and her for now on.:smileysex:

:shocked:

shadowwind
09-17-2009, 11:26 AM
im heading home in 30 mins pops so PPD will be changing tonight i hope i got a sli board waiting and new vidcards that has been calling me to come home for all most 2 weeks,now the real vacation begins,:up:

INFRNL
09-17-2009, 07:46 PM
running boinc 6.10.4 and 190.89 drivers since yesterday I think. All seems to be well. I have a weird issue though that mess up my bonus's. I changed something and some of the wu's got put on hold after running and boinc started new ones. This created hell on me, but I think its finally back on track or close to it. Lost some production time because of it, but I do not think it hurt me too bad.

Overall seems to be working better. for the most part I have still been maintaining bonus's even with 12 wu's all the time. I haven't noticed any major errors. some redundant ones and one other error, not sure what its related too exactly. will keep an eye on errors though. will see if they continue or not.