PDA

View Full Version : Radeon driver problems under XP (Amilo Pa 3553)

Aerwidh
09-04-2009, 02:53 PM
I just bought a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pa 3553 notebook, which came with Vista x86 on it. I'm trying to get a XP/Win7/Ubuntu triple-boot running on it, but I can't get the graphics working under XP. Every other piece of hardware seems functional (after I tracked down the drivers), but if I install graphics drivers for the integrated HD3200 (from the 780G chipset) and the Mobility Radeon 3470 X2, I just get a black screen around the time when the login screen should appear (both on the notebook monitor and using an external monitor through the VGA port. I can still login using the Tab- and Enter-keys, but I can't see anything. If I remove the drivers in safe mode, I can reboot, but I doubt I can get much graphics performance that way.

The specs are:
# 15.4-inch WXGA display with BilliantView technology
# ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3470 Hybrid X2 graphics (256 MB GDDR2)
# ATI Radeon™ HD 3200 graphics (shared memory)
# ATI Hybrid CrossFireX™ technology
# 250 or 320 GB hard disk capacity
# Up to 4 GB memory*
# Integrated SATA SuperMulti-format DVD burner (with double layer support)
# AMILOcam (low-light technology) and digital array microphone for video chatting
# Integrated draft-n WLAN, LAN (10/100/1000)
# Interfaces: HDMI, VGA, eSATA, USB 2.0, IEEE1394 (FireWire™), ExpressCard, S/PDIF, 15-in-1 card reader
# Special Features: silent mode function, spill-proof keyboard

Fujitsu does not supply any drivers for any OS other than Vista, and I've tried the Mobility Modder on Catalyst 8.3, 8.10, 8.12, 9.3 and 9.8 without success. Installation seems to go ok, but after reboot, black screen :(

I would be eXtremely grateful if someone could come up with a solution to this. I don't think Hybrid Crossfire works in XP, but I don't care if I could just get the 3200, or the 3470 X2, working, any one of them would suffice.