PDA

View Full Version : Battery replacement for XPS M1530

DangeR!
09-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone
My battery is finally on its way out and wanted a decent replacement for my laptop. I know absolutely nothing about these batteries so was hoping some one on this great forum does :). There seems to be a lot of problems with them so people must have had to replace them at some point. Done a lot of searches and haven't managed to find a review for example discussing different types of batteries unfortunately so thought I'd ask.

I want a long lasting one so probably a 9cell battery would do nicely.

I'm from the UK and would like an online store please.

Thanks for the help, I really need it :D.

Knight
09-03-2009, 04:59 PM
The hardest problem with finding a decent replacement battery is whether or not the battery is genuine. I would see what the Dell parts store has for you. I know the site will be different for you than me, but here is what I see.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Power/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=312-0664&mfgpid=194219

9 cell for the m1530 for $155.

Edit:

This should be the UK version:

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&sku=451-10529&mfgpid=1397732

DangeR!
09-04-2009, 02:30 AM
Hi, thanks for the reply

I'm not sure I want to buy another dell battery, they all seem to die after a year. I want the battery to last longer than that if I'm going to have to pay over £100. I may as well save up and buy an Apple :D

DangeR!
09-05-2009, 09:26 AM
No one got a suggestion?

DangeR!
09-11-2009, 01:17 PM
sigh :(

Nanometer
09-11-2009, 04:02 PM
there aren't options, that's all you have to choose from. If you want longer battery life, read up on how to properly take care of your laptop battery.

Cheffy
09-13-2009, 02:42 PM
the best way to extend the lifetime (not run time) is to avoid fully charging and discharging (eg stay in 20% to 80% range or similar)
to extend run time, brightness as low as you can. disable flash animations, turn off everything you dont *need* todo what your doing. dont use an external mouse or hdd or flash stick, undervolt cpu if you can, and lock it to the lowest possible speed/power state, same for graphics.

Frank M
09-14-2009, 07:43 AM
I'm not sure I want to buy another dell battery, they all seem to die after a year.

You're using it wrong then.
If you are running off the mains for a long time, take the batteries out.
There are 3 things which determine battery lifetime
- time
- charge-recharge cycles
- heat
While you can't do much about the first, it will help the latter two -- which
are much more strenous btw. E.g. I once met a guy with the exact same
type, configuration and age laptop as I was using then. I only put the battery
in when I needed it, about 90% of the time it was running off the mains. He
OTOH always had his battery in. Mine still lasted 2.5hrs, the same as when
new (this was after 1.5 yrs of use) -- his lasted 30-45mins...

There are lots of used and generic batteries on ebay, many with BIN from HK.
The latter use cheaper cells with less capacity -- choose "high quality
Japanese cells", also avoid ones that are too cheap.

Also, bigger local battery dealers may do "battery renewing" or whatever
they call it -- they disassemble the batteries and replace the old cells
with new ones.

DangeR!
09-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the help guys.
My battery is now completely dead :(... I could hear it popping too :/. Dell apparently made cheep battery's to keep the cost of the laptop down :/
If I'd have known I wouldn't have bothered buying this laptop.

I don't trust ebay so wont be buying from there. Looks like i'll have to get another Dell one to die in another year :/

rustyfe2o3
09-15-2009, 02:41 PM
you should look into rebuilding it. i rebuilt my ibook battery myself with longer lasting cells for about half the cost of a new battery. i don't know if there will be much of a cost savings if you have someone else do it, but you might be able to get some better cells.

DangeR!
09-15-2009, 04:53 PM
do you have a guide/a starting point for me?? i like building things :P

DangeR!
09-16-2009, 03:19 AM
trying to find some cells now. I managed to get the battery case open and cracked it lol... dam sonic welding!!! I think a bit of glue will fix it fine lol.

Any ideas where I can get these cells from in the UK.
I'm going to America tomorrow Washington D.C, know any where near there also?

I need 11.1v and capacity 56Wh or higher would be cool
They're type TK330, RU006

The more people searching the better :P lol

DangeR!
09-16-2009, 04:53 AM
http://www.mini-laptop-accessories.com/9-cell-original-dell-tk330-battery-p-2573.html

hmmm, any one bought from here? seems to good to be true?

colemancol
12-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Hello,
Accoeding to me 9-Cell extended capacity laptop battery is good for Dell XPS M1530: 11.1V, 7200mAh Capacity. Super-Capacity Li-ion Battery For Dell XPS M1530 series replace RU006 RU033 RN894 GP975 TK330 312-0664 series.