PDA

View Full Version : Loosing steam?

PoppaGeek
09-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Anyone else notice we are turning in fewer points and fewer people are turning in points? I am down here until I get a new card. Are others giving up due to the many problems or is there just alot of errors?

I hope to have a new card next week.

shadowwind
09-02-2009, 04:07 PM
beside errors im still waiting for new cards to come in so i should be up and running soon. today wasnt a good day for the gpugrid they needed to swap out a drive in the server so not all the point for today are showing up.:up:

DAK1640
09-02-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm just trying to keep up with stoneageman...

shadowwind
09-02-2009, 04:55 PM
he should be called newageman the way he is cooking.The wheels he is spinning are not made of stone they way his ppd output is.:up:

INFRNL
09-02-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm just trying to keep up with stoneageman...

I know what you mean. He went from 30k a day if that to 2-300k per day :shrug: :clap: :shocked: :eek:, but have you noticed he is way way down the past couple days :confused: :shrug:

I have noticed everyones points are screwed up this week. I think I had 1 really good day, a lot of poor days and a decent day or too. I guess I meant since last week.

I have been getting more errors and an lot on a couple rigs, but nothing has changed except on one rig where I had to reinstall OS. I will monitor a bit longer before I make any rash decisions

Gamekiller
09-02-2009, 08:18 PM
I get a million errors per one completed and validated. That and I have been playing more games lately than usual and Boinc is set to pause when I'm gaming.

INFRNL
09-02-2009, 08:28 PM
I get a million errors per one completed and validated. That and I have been playing more games lately than usual and Boinc is set to pause when I'm gaming.

That sucks. I know I tried playing a game while running F@H or gpugrid once and had to set it to stock settings to play the game, but I did not pause the grid. If I didnt set it back to stock I would get BSOD with a driver failure or something of the sort.

Lately Many more errors than usual, wonder if they are experimenting or something

Plan.B
09-03-2009, 05:08 AM
waiting for waterblocks to arrive from sidewinder... no way I am going to run gtx280 sli air-cooled

Gamekiller
09-03-2009, 09:11 AM
I took the exclusive app thing out today to test. It seems when WCG is running and GPUGRID is not I can play the game smoothly.

Now if only I could find a tag like the exclusive app one that would just suspend gpugrid. I'll forget to unsuspend it if I do it manually.

shadowwind
09-03-2009, 10:51 AM
waiting for waterblocks to arrive from sidewinder... no way I am going to run gtx280 sli air-cooled

how hot are the GTX 280 temps running at im thinking of getting 2 re-certs and have you seen any other problems with the cards.:up:i got my self in upgrade mode so im looking at gpus.:)

Plan.B
09-03-2009, 02:12 PM
how hot are the GTX 280 temps running at im thinking of getting 2 re-certs and have you seen any other problems with the cards.:up:i got my self in upgrade mode so im looking at gpus.:)

gtx280 with stock cooling has been running about 165F on gpugrid. One of my 280's is a NE recert - looked very lightly used, no problems, good clocker; it's watercooled. The one with stock cooling is used, hsf was taken off and put back on again by the original owner... that one should be watercooled after next week... These 280's are real nice. Agentgod's voltage tuner works perfectly on mine: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=227628

shadowwind
09-03-2009, 02:22 PM
cool and thanks i will be taking off the heatsink and reapplying MX any ways so im going to get a pair of them next week i hope. still waiting on my 285s to get to my house at least they made it on the ups truck i should get them tomorrow,:up:

road-runner
09-03-2009, 02:28 PM
I am trying out the new big wus on folding at the moment...

shadowwind
09-03-2009, 02:51 PM
I am trying out the new big wus on folding at the moment...

yes i seen that in folding you are doing great for those monster wu keep up the good work
and you are forgiven i wanted to buy an istandbul socket f for that project but instead i bought gpu cards. so in February i might have enough get it.

keep on folding RR.:up: