PDA

View Full Version : Steelseries gaming headphones

Avan
09-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the Siberia Full-size ones? http://www.steelseries.com/us/products/audio/siberia-full/information

I'm in the market for a new set of gaming headphones and these keep standing out as something I would enjoy using. Any comments on them?

Exal
09-03-2009, 04:57 AM
My experience is that steelseries is rubbish that breaks way to easily, if you absolutely must have a headset, then get a sennheiser, those things can take a sledgehammer without breaking...

But my best advice to you, is that you get a seperate microphone and get some quality cans instead. You will enjoy that a thousand times more

AndrewZorn
09-04-2009, 04:44 AM
get a seperate microphone and get some quality cans instead. You will enjoy that a thousand times more
get a seperate microphone and get some quality cans instead. You will enjoy that a thousand times more
also,

get the mic separately so that you can focus on getting better headphones, i think it will improve your results.

EDIT actually i have those headphones
except "back then" they were icemat siberias
then got denon d1001 and recently the audio-technica ath-m50s (got them for $75 shipped, less than these!)
the improvement is significant

but they are pretty good, somewhat comfortable, very large, and delicate.
i still use the mic that came with them
which, since not integrated to the headphones, pretty much takes the "gaming headset" part out of these
the included volume-extension cable is not very good

Jamesrt2004
09-04-2009, 07:36 AM
+1 for some nice senn's, Denons or AT's then get a separate clip on mic and clip it(or tape) it on :) sorted a gaming headset which sounds AWESOME =)

OggeOJ
09-16-2009, 04:43 AM
Well, I owned a pair back in the days when they were called Icemat. Compared to the rest of the headset market made with "gamers" as target consumers, they are great. But not more. The headband will fail, soon enough. and for the price, well, get another pair.

Sure as hell doesnt sound bad though.