PDA

View Full Version : any one got problems with the grid.

shadowwind
09-02-2009, 11:40 AM
i think the gpugrid is down, i got 3 finished tasks stuck in upload. all so i cant get on the gpugrid web so im thinking it is down. just a heads up for you if you got the same problem. its 3:39 pm here im not sure how long its been down.

Otis11
09-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Yeah, it's been out quite a while b.c I aborted some this morning as they are still sending me 6 and I still haven't gotten rid of them... that was 9 hours ago.

shadowwind
09-02-2009, 01:10 PM
dont abort them once it stops trying to up load the file just open up projects click on gpu then click on update it is working fine.:D

OldChap
09-02-2009, 01:22 PM
All green on the status page..

http://www.gpugrid.net/server_status.php

Otis11
09-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Well yeah when i aborted them I didn't know te server was down... But now I have 9 WUs! 9! Why?!?!

shadowwind
09-02-2009, 04:45 PM
i have a lot of why issues with the gpugrid like why did my gtx 260s with the 182.50 drivers worked then i bought more
they forced us into using the 190.xx and the 2.3 cuda and i couldn't get 6 gtx260 to work at all.:shrug:why.

PoppaGeek
09-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Yes it has been frustrating. Everything worked great on 182.50 drivers but I guess the newer CUDA has features they wanted to use. I am doing so well with F@H right now that I am not feeling like changing much. If I get the 275 I will put it on GPUGrid as it seems from INFRNL it does ok on it.

shadowwind
09-02-2009, 05:17 PM
thats why im staying here for a bit i just want to change out
the gts 250s with the 285s and run with it. then i will add the
2 gts 250s and a gtx 260 to folding at home later on i want to hit 10 mil that's my goal for the gpugrid before i start folding with every thing i got again.:up:

ive dealt with the worst part of crunching with the grid now im hoping to see the good part of the grid if every thing works,

Otis11
09-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I think F@H has had time to work the kinks out where Grid is still changing rapidly as CUDA changes so fast. But as long as my 260 keeps cranking away i'm happy!

INFRNL
09-02-2009, 07:46 PM
For the most part the GTX 275's work great. Since the changes with drivers, cuda, and boinc client; I have had some issues.

Lately I noticed my production is all over the place too. I do not know what is going on. The past couple of days I have noticed issues I never had before, and it has something to do with oc'ing the cards. I have been running my cards @ 756/1620/1269 without issues for about a month now I think, but on my main rig and one other rig; I have been having weird issues. I have been getting serious errors on wu's, computer freezing, and some other things I can't recall atm.

on my main rig I had to do a fresh install of windows due to serious issues with gpugrid. Decided to give win7 RTM a shot; I do not know if some of my issues are related to this version of windows or not. I have 2 other rigs on win7 RC; one with no issues, the other gets wu errors every once in a while now; when it wasn't getting any before.

one other rig for some weird reason evga precision defaults back to default settings by itself whenever it feels like it(or the wife or son is messing around without me knowing). I have no idea whats going on. Everything was running smooth as could be till I started upgrading drivers & Boinc, but now when I revert back its almost as if some things stay in memory and will not truly revert back. For the most part now things are ok, but I don't think I ever had this many issues on F@H, just wanted to try it out and help the team move up.

It does not look like I will be able to add anything to my tiny farm for quite a while now, too much other stuff to deal with; so I am stuck with what I have. I will probably run all 7 275's for a while longer, then I will put 2-3 back to F@H.