PDA

View Full Version : EVGA GTX 280 green screen

Mk
08-31-2009, 10:03 AM
ok i have this PC core i7 evga x58 mobo with evga gtx 280 and vista x64 using driver 190.62_whql.
last week games was hanging and had to restart pc in order for them to work but yesterday i got a black screen on windows start i booted safe mod it worked rest back ground wallpaper because i thought its winamp cousin this again but after restarting windows i got green screen :S and then auto restart tried again same thing booted to safe mod and i get the BOSD error reporting that starts with windows.
so i had a BOSD but my vga didn't render it.....
i tried uninstalling drivers going to safe mod run driver sweeper clean everything and then install them back but same :banana::banana::banana::banana: did that like 3 or 4 times.
i had a 9600GT laying around i toke the gtx 280 out and used that everything worked perfectly.
my motherboard is not giving me FF it giving me 39-40-38-37 and they are all testing DRM but that because i used channel 2 for my RAM'S not 1 well it don't boot with channel 1 but that's a different story..
well just want to ask any more suggestions before i buy a new card :s?
RMA is a hard option since sending it from kuwait to US and then back from US to kuwait will cost me around alot..