PDA

View Full Version : my friend's ford after a loaded metro drove into it....

JBELL
08-11-2002, 11:17 AM
not truly bad but bad enough

JBELL
08-11-2002, 11:18 AM
another one

JBELL
08-11-2002, 11:18 AM
more still

JBELL
08-11-2002, 11:19 AM

JBELL
08-11-2002, 11:19 AM
more

JBELL
08-11-2002, 11:20 AM
mas!

JBELL
08-11-2002, 11:21 AM
... .....

JBELL
08-11-2002, 11:22 AM
last one for now...

JBELL
08-11-2002, 11:23 AM
absolutely last one

IFMU
08-11-2002, 11:41 AM
Wowza.... thats some pretty good damage there.
I can tell yea odds are that door will be replaced. The time it would take to repair that would end up costing way more than if to just replace and swap it out.
The rest just looks like appearance damage and could be easily repaired. The door alignment isnt crap, just knocked the hinges out of alignment. Same with the front fender too. Odds are it was knocked out of alignment. Have you checked to see if the hood was damaged? Its possible if the fender was pushed out of alignment there. Could have been pushed into the hood.
Id force a rim replacement there too. Those things are just fubared once they get damaged.
BTW, if you didnt know, I was an auto-body tech for about 5 some odd years. heh, so this stuff is easy, and tons of fun to work on! LoL

JBELL
08-11-2002, 11:49 AM
car books around $1K .... the rim - hard to see but is bent too... think geo metro with 6 people doing 40mph into this... the metro looks worse.

the company might just total it - won't know till monday.

I know IFMU - remember I helped you with your resume?

IFMU
08-11-2002, 11:54 AM
Ouch, thats all its worth blue book? yowzas..... hmm...
Its a thunderchicken right?
Thought those would be worth a lil more then that. odd... hrm..

Well if thats what its worth bluebook, then there is a pretty good chance they will total it. heh, figures too, that car looks like its a nice one too. lordies..

I could go into costs of repairs and all but I dont have that much time. But from a quick guess, Im going to imagine that costs for repairs could vary from 500-800 or so. It depends on your local average costs and the cost on a new door or a junkyard door. heh

Ah well... theres a pretty good chance they will total it.
Well Lucks to him, he might need it.
Freakin insurance companies.

Oh yea... heh sorry, Ive blinked!~! LoL

JBELL
08-11-2002, 11:56 AM
car is very fast - has 5.0 V8 and flowmaster exhuast.... needs work to get in top shape but current shape isn't bad either (engine wise)

also tranny isn't right since hit either......

TheDude
08-11-2002, 12:05 PM
My step-sons "new truck".

TheDude
08-11-2002, 12:06 PM
one more

JBELL
08-11-2002, 12:22 PM
damn dude - she got kissed hard - with tongue!

TheDude
08-11-2002, 12:25 PM
Yeah...foreplay totaled the ole girl! I keep telling him "Don't smack em til your done with em!:D

JBELL
08-11-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by TheDude
Yeah...foreplay totaled the ole girl! I keep telling him "Don't smack em til your done with em!:D

lol I know I always get that backwards too

sjohnson
08-11-2002, 12:51 PM
However, from Jerry Jeff Walker

"so I gave her a drop-kick to the crotch... I believe in treatin a woman gentle, but you gotta get her attention first!"

(CYA edit) :) :) :)

slapshot
08-12-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by IFMU
Wowza.... thats some pretty good damage there.
I can tell yea odds are that door will be replaced. The time it would take to repair that would end up costing way more than if to just replace and swap it out.
The rest just looks like appearance damage and could be easily repaired. The door alignment isnt crap, just knocked the hinges out of alignment. Same with the front fender too. Odds are it was knocked out of alignment. Have you checked to see if the hood was damaged? Its possible if the fender was pushed out of alignment there. Could have been pushed into the hood.
Id force a rim replacement there too. Those things are just fubared once they get damaged.
BTW, if you didnt know, I was an auto-body tech for about 5 some odd years. heh, so this stuff is easy, and tons of fun to work on! LoL

Hey! Thanks for the info on my car. I will use that when I go to bat with the insurance company and the parents of the 16 year old girl, that damaged my speed fix. They have Farmers ins. though, which is a good well established company, so I don't forsee any problems.....But you never know!!!!! Thanks again!

slapshot
08-12-2002, 08:16 AM
My step-sons "new truck".

Why are people picking on Fords lately??????:mad:
That had to have hurt!!!!

Smizack
08-14-2002, 06:38 PM
one more

Looks like he tried to back through a stop sign... Ya gotta watch over your shoulder when you do that. And for cops. $140 ticket.:rolleyes: