PDA

View Full Version : Sidewinder comes through again!

nkresho
08-27-2009, 06:29 AM
I bought some scythe s-flex 120mm fans from Sidewinder a few weeks ago. I recently put together a new water cooled build in a cosmos s and found one of the new fans to be not working right out of the box. I messed with the wires/plug but the fan was totally dead. I sent an email to Gary at Sidewinder asking if I was elligible for a rma or exchange, thinking I would be sending the bad fan to him and receiving one back as soon as he got it.

To my surprise, Gary just sent me a new fan without having me send the old one back. Now that's what I call customer service. :up:

More etailers should be so fast to help their customers out like that.

Thanks again Sidewinder Computers.

labs23
08-27-2009, 06:34 AM
Nice to hear it turned out that way. Good for you man.

drnip
08-27-2009, 06:45 AM
Sidewinders has always treated me right and ended up shipping me a waterblock three times because the 1st two got lost in transit! Not to mention he was contacting me daily about it. That is unheard of as usually the consumer is the one having to contact the seller.

pawmadsen
08-27-2009, 01:32 PM
good to hear, i just orded for 1100$ worth of wc stuff.. :)

Flinch
08-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Gary has always treated his customers right.

Plan.B
08-28-2009, 07:44 AM
+1 for Gary and Sidewinders. I also happen to live very close to him, so I get my stuff quick.

exhausted mule
08-28-2009, 03:02 PM
another plus 1 for gary.

amazing service, shipping and customer service.

nkresho
08-29-2009, 03:06 AM
+1 for Gary and Sidewinders. I also happen to live very close to him, so I get my stuff quick.

Yeah, I tend to get my stuff in about 2 days here in Pittsburgh. Sidewinder always gets my orders out really fast.

TheKarmakazi
08-31-2009, 05:23 AM
I agree awesome service @ sidewinder. Safe packaging and quick shipping, great e-tailer

psyconut713
08-31-2009, 06:01 AM
good to hear, i just orded for 1100$ worth of wc stuff.. :)

Does that include your case, designed for water cooling?

junkun13
09-02-2009, 04:13 AM
that's gary for you :D

more power to sidewinder

SamHughe
09-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Another satisfied customer here. Sidewinder is a great place to purchase your air/water cooling and related hardware. I used to live really close to them so my orders would arrive in a day.

strike
11-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Sidewinder is the best
sending my goods from spain

Asylum1
11-01-2009, 10:15 AM
I have been through some water cooling stuff and i must say Sidewinders is the best place i have dealt with.

Computurd
11-01-2009, 09:03 PM
I bought a fan controller once, and gary immediately emailed me and asked if fi was aware of a humming issue with it and fans, and would i still be interested? for the fans i was running, no humming was not an issue LOL as they were jet turbines, but i digress....
Point is that is service BEFORE the sale (kinda) he could have potentially lost a sale with that disclosure, but he is such a great guy he let me know.
You just cant beat sidewinder and thats why i drop my money there!

ohms
11-03-2009, 08:21 PM
I have had very good dealings with Gary. He's very personable and is always willing to help. <3 Sidewinder.

To(V)bo Co(V)bo
11-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Me too, he rocks :up: I got a bad Megashadow and he shipped me a new one and payed for return shipping. He even looked at a bunch to make sure I got a good one. He just upgraded to a new warehouse and has been very busy. He was a little more better with customer service before the move, but he still is better than anyone else I have dealt with. He has the most honest shipping rates of anywhere I have ordered from.

Irocing
09-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Hi,

Was doing business with another supplier and had a few issues,
will go namless:rolleyes:

Didn't even know about SideWinder until a few months ago,
and now going full blown water on my new rig.

Had everything I wanted at very good prices, placed first order few days ago
and when needed info was very surprized at the quick reply to my questions.

Another order going in to him tomorrow.;)
He's a keeper, and glad to find good reputable retailers:up:
One stop shop from now on.

later:D

ScottALot
11-06-2010, 06:41 PM
When you make your claim, never make an accusation or write in a threatening way at all. Write as if it's not a huge deal if you don't get your way and they should help you. I have a Raidmax Aztec for my AMD rig and the handles broke. I just sent an email including my address and they never replied... until I got a package with three new handles in it!! PPCs has some pretty good customer service, too if you know how to handle them. I bought the wrong fittings and I was wondering if I could send my fittings back and buy some new ones. They said it wasn't really worth it and I agreed with them, realizing how high the shipping/fitting cost was for such a small amount of trouble. After agreeing with them, they saved my email and gave me an email so if I had any further problems, they'd know I was a good guy and would try to help me. Seller/Customer relations work both ways, people! Treat them nicely and they might do the same.