PDA

View Full Version : Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together Completion!

Ashraf
08-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Just received this email. :clap:

World Community Grid is pleased to announce the completion of the first phase of the "Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together" project. It took only two years to complete, even though the project was halted for 17 weeks due to the destruction of the University of Texas Medical Branch research facilities as a result of Hurricane Ike.

In total, members provided nearly 12,000 years of computer processing time to this project. Your computer run time contribution was 142 days of processing time to "Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together".

Completing this phase of the project is a significant contribution to the research of not only Dengue Fever but also Hepatitis C, West Nile, Yellow Fever and other diseases caused by the Flaviviridea family of viruses.

More details about the conclusion of Phase 1 and the upcoming Phase 2 may be viewed by visiting: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread?thread=26618

HuffPCair
08-26-2009, 06:45 PM
:up::up::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :clap::bravo:

Angmaar
08-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Nice job everyone!

emuexport
08-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Awesome work everyone!

Chumbucket843
08-27-2009, 01:51 PM
we pwned flaviviridea!!!

Rise
08-28-2009, 03:19 AM
Just received this email. :clap:

I got the same email and I have to say this is one of the reasons I like WCG more than some other distributed computing projects - they actually send you updates on what you're working on!