PDA

View Full Version : Link to prevent Nvidia 2D downclocking

PoppaGeek
08-25-2009, 01:58 AM
Dunno if this will help anyone...... (http://www.gpugrid.net/forum_thread.php?id=1229#11282)

DAK1640
08-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Anyone try this with Win7? Essentially using ATI Tool and setting 2D & 3D clocks the same.

OldChap
08-25-2009, 10:52 AM
I use this and performance in vista 64 and still get driver failed and restarted.....and this in xp 32 and still get 2d speeds

shadowwind
08-25-2009, 12:14 PM
yup it work for xp and xp64 but any thing newer it kicks down to 2d.but it did work with 182.50 drivers that the grid did a way with. any thing after that i could not get it to work, rivatuner does not support the newer driver is what i kept getting.

shadowwind
08-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Anyone try this with Win7? Essentially using ATI Tool and setting 2D & 3D clocks the same.

dak could you post a how to for the ati clocks i have no clue what to change in ATI if i can get it to work i will kiss the goose.:rofl:

MikeB12
08-25-2009, 01:16 PM
we've seen this same type info on flashing the bios to make 2d clocks match 3d clocks. I gave up on trying to figure it out back then... LOL!

anyway, if someone posts back this worked I'll give it a go.. or maybe this weekend. I'm a little beat today, I had to drive 7 hrs in a car that had a fk'ed up seat... I'm a little sore assed... :rofl:

INFRNL
08-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Let me know when you guys get this figured out as I have already lost 3 days of work on 1 rig due to the 2d clocks and errros with 190.xx drivers.

I tried the one using rivatuner with no luck.

I got one card to get back to speed but not the second card. This was in vista64, not win7.

I am temporarily done losing prducion cause they want to mess around with cuda23 and new drivers and what not. I currently have all rigs on 186.18 drivers and all is well.

DAK1640
08-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Sore A$$...:rofl: I don't believe any of these solutions work reliably at the moment. Where I would like for shadowwind to kiss Da Goosey's A$$, there is no working solution with ATI Tool...I've tried. I think the best best is as Mike (sore A$$) says, flash the BIOS so that 2D & 3D are the same. Too big a PIA for me to do for a folding issue. I think the 250's were manfactured by aliens...:rofl:

Kondik
08-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Interesting, the "unhappy GRID" bag striking in this thread ? :hehe:

I'm glad I didn't buy 260's as everyone told me I should. Can't imagine I'd like to stab every nVidia developer right now as shadowwind wants the :p:

But I don't get it, everything except 260's work normally.

I propose an option, We should sacrifice DAK and offer his blood to the ancient Mayan gods. If noone has a better Idea I'll prepare a Sun altar in my backyard, everyone is invited.

DAK1640
08-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Now, Now Kondik; I don't think Da Goosey would like that... I propose we feed Da Goose some GTX 295's...Ship to:
Da Goose
123 Flock in Sky Dr
Airbourne, USA. 00000

shadowwind
08-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Interesting, the "unhappy GRID" bag striking in this thread ? :hehe:

I'm glad I didn't buy 260's as everyone told me I should. Can't imagine I'd like to stab every nVidia developer right now as shadowwind wants the :p:

But I don't get it, everything except 260's work normally.

I propose an option, We should sacrifice DAK and offer his blood to the ancient Mayan gods. If noone has a better Idea I'll prepare a Sun altar in my backyard, everyone is invited.

:rofl:im a big johnny walker fan private stock so when im kissing the goose i will be drinking spud water and give it a try im not sure its going to have the bite im use to.:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:i just picked up a fith today to try out.:D