PDA

View Full Version : whats the best way for ps3 hdmi out to dsub15 (or vga if u like the wrong name)

zanzabar
08-24-2009, 12:36 AM
whats the best way for ps3 hdmi out to dsub15 (or vga if u like the wrong name)? i saw the hdfury gamer edition it lookes ok but its over $150 shipped
http://dme.ghost2.net/hdfury/home.php?SID=50&deflang=en

i was also looking at the basic cable from play asia but i dont think that it will keep up with the console once the hdcp flags are enabled next year
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zp-49-en-70-2jp6.html

GTSRboy
08-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Is this what your looking for?

http://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-DVI-VGA-Female-15-pin-Connector/dp/B001JTWT7I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1251177242&sr=8-1

No way any cable or converter for anything should cost more than $10

zanzabar
08-24-2009, 09:51 PM
good call but im not sure on how that will effect hdcp, but i guess that it wont matter if i get an hdmi switch latter

edit- those only work for dvi-i, i need to convert duel link dvi-d to dsub15, so thats going from analogue to digital so it needs a box (explains why it costs so much)

GTSRboy
08-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Are you trying to Output PS3 video to a computer monitor? im not very familiar with what hdcp is lol so im not help there.

zanzabar
08-24-2009, 10:11 PM
im trying to go ps3 -> trinitron crt

im thinking of trading for an 360 becouse of this

and hdcp is high definition content protection, u need it for blue ray and some games to play in HD

GTSRboy
08-24-2009, 10:17 PM
well hooking up to a old CRT will be easy, but im at a loss for what to do about the hdcp issue. Im very new to hdcp, infact i just found out what it is...

GTSRboy
08-24-2009, 10:39 PM
edit: I see what your trying to do...im just throwing it out there, why dont you pick up a HDTV?? $150 is alot of money to try and hook up to a CRT?

Bradan
08-25-2009, 01:17 AM
Zanzabar, If you really hate LCD so much, might you consider a plasma?

It's past the point of beating CRT in almost every conceivable aspect.

Burn in exists on CRT, so that can't be what's bothering you.

I'm almost 99% you will not get HDCP functioning through D-SUB

zanzabar
08-25-2009, 01:30 AM
i dont hate lcds, i just down want to get something else.

i went and got a ps3 from my friend he was all ill give u my ps3 for $100 i want to get a slim. so i went for it, then i went and found that the dsub connector dosnt work and in 480i mode over component the games look like junk (sub ps2) so i figured ill try the monitor how much is the cable then i find that the cable dosnt work properly from the analogue port on the ps3 (u have to manual select the right cable each time), so then i find the HD fury GE and its $150 for a cable so i was just wanting to know if any1 else has the same problem. and the HDfury dose hdcp spoofing.

i looked at getting a new TV to replace my old jvc 36" with a nice 1080p one but the cheapest ones with hdcp are about $500 and i dont think that they will meet my standards

Lestat
08-25-2009, 07:39 PM
no way to do it, hdmi is digital dsub is analog.
buy an overpriced converter somewhere that probably looks like crap.....
there is component to vga adapters but be careful alot of them work poorly.

wondergod
08-25-2009, 07:59 PM
The problem with just a cable converter is, that even if you get the Video from HDMI to D-Sub, the PS3 might not allow two audio output streams. So you won't be able to use the composite audio and since the HDMI is being converted to D-Sub the audio won't be usable there either, leaving you with silence. I would think you'd need to get some type of converter box, to split the audio and video of hdmi into seperate D-Sub and Stereo Sound.

zanzabar
08-25-2009, 08:31 PM
the ps3 allows selectable streams, so u can use optical or rca to a receiver and hdmi for video on the tv. it looks like it just isnt worth doing

i dont get why sony dosnt have an official cable since there are a bunch of old hd tvs with no hdmi or hdcp

GTSRboy
08-26-2009, 04:02 PM
How do TV's have hdcp in them? So what happens if a TV doesnt have HDCP does it not play or downgrade your blu-ray? Why does it do that, is it trying to protect against piracy??

And...for all the TV's with no hdcp or hdmi, (my dads old Rear Projection 1080i) why not just use a component cable?

ecidious
08-27-2009, 02:02 PM
How do TV's have hdcp in them? So what happens if a TV doesnt have HDCP does it not play or downgrade your blu-ray? Why does it do that, is it trying to protect against piracy??

And...for all the TV's with no hdcp or hdmi, (my dads old Rear Projection 1080i) why not just use a component cable?

Supposedly it's to help combat piracy, and the movie studios are slowly moving to kill off analog outputs to keep people from making copies of their movies easily.

AndrewZorn
08-30-2009, 06:01 PM
i had to buy a new monitor because of hdcp on my ps3

mursaat
09-02-2009, 03:02 AM
Why dont you buy a 24" 1080p lcd and use that to play PS3? Benq G2412HD is like $180, way better option than a converter for $150 where you lack HDCP and 1080p...

Seriously, PS3 gaming in a CRT is a PITA, I had to do it for 6 months in Mexico (hotel room) and GT4 looked like GT2 in PSone :D

zanzabar
09-02-2009, 12:29 PM
i have a crt in my room and an hdtv on the other with dsub and no digital, i just figured that there was an easy cheap cable that i was missing

mursaat
09-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Well as you said you need a box, because you have to convert signal from digital hdmi to analog d-sub. What do you think about the 24"LCD? That's where I play my PS3 and I can't be more happy.

zanzabar
09-03-2009, 12:54 AM
i think that im going to change to a 360 if i can get a console for console trade, they have a dsub cable that works and games are cheaper. the exclusives mostly suck or are fps (i dont like fps on the consoles) but things are cheaper

mursaat
09-03-2009, 01:51 AM
Well you have Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, Uncharted and God of War still exclusive.

zanzabar
09-03-2009, 02:30 AM
Well you have Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, Uncharted and God of War still exclusive.

final fantasy is going to be out on the pc thats the same as the ps3 and the xbox is just going to be missing the turn bassed and have multi disk so im not worried about that. i will miss gran turismo and god of war and u forgot ratchet and clank.

it just looks so nice with the cheaper 2nd hand games but then u get a worse a controller and a console thats already outdated. its a hard choice

GTSRboy
09-03-2009, 07:47 AM
i assume the PS3 slim 120GB isnt diffrent? you prob couldnt trade for that though

mursaat
09-07-2009, 01:04 AM
The new PS3 Slim only advantage is it's 45nm both Cell and RSX, so much lowerr TDP. The specs are the same IIRC.

Jamesrt2004
09-07-2009, 04:30 AM
i dont hate lcds, i just down want to get something else.

i went and got a ps3 from my friend he was all ill give u my ps3 for $100 i want to get a slim. so i went for it, then i went and found that the dsub connector dosnt work and in 480i mode over component the games look like junk (sub ps2) so i figured ill try the monitor how much is the cable then i find that the cable dosnt work properly from the analogue port on the ps3 (u have to manual select the right cable each time), so then i find the HD fury GE and its $150 for a cable so i was just wanting to know if any1 else has the same problem. and the HDfury dose hdcp spoofing.

i looked at getting a new TV to replace my old jvc 36" with a nice 1080p one but the cheapest ones with hdcp are about $500 and i dont think that they will meet my standards

all HD ready/HD tellies are HDCP compliant ;) some just marketing with hdcp for no reason.. :)

zanzabar
09-07-2009, 10:43 PM
all HD ready/HD tellies are HDCP compliant ;) some just marketing with hdcp for no reason.. :)

if it has no dvi or HDMI then u cant have HDCP ;), so the old tvs dont work with it and i have all tubes as of now and the only cheap 1080p are old models with dsub/component only for HD

GTSRboy
09-08-2009, 10:17 PM
if it has no dvi or HDMI then u cant have HDCP ;), so the old tvs dont work with it and i have all tubes as of now and the only cheap 1080p are old models with dsub/component only for HD

So hdcp hasnt hit yet? My dad has a HDTV with no DVI or HDMI, and i watch blu rays on it fine with component

zanzabar
09-08-2009, 10:30 PM
So hdcp hasnt hit yet? My dad has a HDTV with no DVI or HDMI, and i watch blu rays on it fine with component

but it wont always be like that and on the ps3 there is no native dsub support (hence my problem)

Ghost742
09-09-2009, 03:44 PM
the vga adapter for the 360 works like a champ, besides the ps3 doesnt really have any exclusive games that i can say im crazy about

GTSRboy
09-09-2009, 10:01 PM
The 360 also doesn't have a blu ray player or wifi or a fast processor or reliability or a folding app Or God of War III or GT5 or Killzone 2 or Uncharted 2 or The Last Guardian or Heavy Rain Or free demo downloads

not that any of thats important

Ghost742
09-10-2009, 09:00 PM
last time i checked you can play demos on the 360, but w/e. i dont mess with consoles thats my brothers territory. il stick to the pc for games.
just trying to give some info

GTSRboy
09-15-2009, 08:41 PM
last time i checked you can play demos on the 360, but w/e. i dont mess with consoles thats my brothers territory. il stick to the pc for games.
just trying to give some info

you need to pay for the demos though on the 360

i had a baaaaddd time with my 360, and would advise people to avoid getting one in general, unless that massively love xbox exclusives