PDA

View Full Version : 9400m Only Outputting 1080i - Need 1080p. Please help!

Serra
08-23-2009, 09:39 AM
I simply cannot figure out what is going so wrong here. I recently bought a Zotac Ion platform with a 9400m chip in it and my goal is, basically, to hook it up to my receiver and output in 1080p over HDMI. But for whatever completely ****ed up reason I can only get the Ion to output in 1080i and on my LCD screen you can see the flicker like crazy.

The really messed up thing about this? I have a laptop with a 9700m that I can hook up via HDMI that works perfectly. You would think I could just copy over settings and it would work, but nooooo.

Topology:
Computer -> Receiver -> LCD

With my laptop I had initially experienced the same issue but resolved it by going into the Nvidia control panel and changing my output mode to "1080p50" from "1080i50", but when I try that with the Ion it simply stops giving me picture.

Anyone have any ideas?

dum
08-23-2009, 11:50 AM
well the variable seems to be the receiver, unless you used the receiver when you hooked up the laptop?

Serra
08-23-2009, 12:23 PM
well the variable seems to be the receiver, unless you used the receiver when you hooked up the laptop?

Yep, same receiver and cable were used on both.

This is just killing my idea of having this HTPC working.

Griff805
08-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Have you tried just connecting straight to the LCD yet?

stevecs
08-26-2009, 04:58 AM
Haven't been around here much lately, but what software are you using for the HTPC? Reason I ask is that I have the Zotac mini-itx based on (with the nvidia 9300) not the atom one but that works just fine exporting 1080P when using xbmc. I'm using the linux version of it, and built a custom install on a 4GB usb stick. I'm wondering if it's the drivers of the media package you're using which is causing the trouble.

Serra
08-26-2009, 08:08 PM
I actually finally figured it out today. It was a driver issue, but I think I have a fair excuse for not catching it earlier.

For my platform I bought some cheap 2x2GB kit of OCZ "Gold" memory, and it seems that one of the sticks has a bad patch. The irritating thing is that it does not seem to affect anything else nor catch in most stability tests, it just kept hitting the drivers that I was uninstalling/trying new versions of for whatever reason.

Long story short, I'm now on a single 2GB stick and it works perfectly after another reload. I found out after deciding to pull RAM for the sake of it, eventually determining a possibly bad stick which I later confirmed via extensive memtest 86 testing.

Now all that's left is to buy a slim factor DVD drive and re-order some ramz for it.