PDA

View Full Version : Big loop system [Rad advice needed]

bigx333
08-22-2009, 01:45 AM
Hello,

I'm working on a new water cooled rig and while this isn't my first WC my last WCe'd rig was 4 years ago so I'm totally outdated:p .

I want to use a pretty big loop with blocks for CPU, NB-SB (one piece), Vreg and GPU (possibly upgrading to dual gpu any day) and i need some advice about the rad's and pump.

The system gonna run a i7 920 (which i expect to overclock to 4.0) and a radeon 4890, i would like to keep it all internal (cooler master haf 932) with single loop (if possibly :p ) and use the lowest number of rads/pumps possible (i really don't want even more hoses around lol).

So far I'm going for those parts:

Watercool Heatkiller 3.0 LT (i prefer the LT look over the copper :p )
Koolance MB-EVX58
Koolance MVR-40
EK FC4890 CF
Swiftech MCP655
EK D5 X-TOP Version 2
EK Multioption RES 150 Rev 2 EK-RES-150

I don't need a 2 delta system but i want a decent performance with my ambient temp (which is pretty high... 22c ~ 26c).

So my questions are... This pump does the job?, would a mcp355 be better?, do i need dual pump?.

And what about radiators?, i don't mind in using push/pull with some high speed fans (silence isn't one of my main goals) as far i don't end with a 747 in my room :D .

Any input would be highly appreciated :D

Conumdrum
08-22-2009, 02:04 PM
If you need reses like that for looks, then the pumps you chose is great. Take a look at the DDC3.2 with the square XSPC restop on it. Great performance and res/pump in one nice package.

I'd look at two 120x3 rads, one for each loop, especially since your going to grow the GPU loop later.
CPU/NB/Mosfets on one
GPU's on the other

XSPC, Thermochill, Black Ice SA-1 all make good rads and you don't need loud fans. To save a few $$ get the MCR320 rad, about a 90% solution, and with some bit higher CFM fans they are a very very good rad.

leo_bsb
08-24-2009, 10:52 AM
I would loop the CPU alone and GPU/Vreg/NB on another.