PDA

View Full Version : NEC LCD3090WQXi first impressions

lutjens
08-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Received these monitors a couple of days ago and just wanted to pass along my impressions of them. The boxes they come in are HUGE and they are very well packed in these boxes, and the monitor itself comes in a large foil bag to keep out dust.

These monitors are quite heavy. The stands are excellent as advertised and allow one to move the monitor up and down and pivot it as desired with minimum effort, which is impressive considering the weight of the panel. The 90 degree pivot is especially convenient for connecting the monitor's cables...makes it supremely easy.:)

The monitors evoke a sense of rock solid quality, much more so than lesser monitors I've used and assembled.

Colors are excellent and much more vibrant than my old POS Gateways. I can't see any noticable bleeding from the backlight along the edges of the monitor. Heat production isn't a huge deal and seems pretty normal (not noticably excessive to me). Movies are excellent and watching animated movies in HD is very nice indeed.

I'm very impressed overall. My only real complaint is the lack of a USB hub in the side of the monitor, but considering the other strengths of the monitor, it's not too hard to overlook this minor drawback.

These monitors aren't cheap, but I've bought them knowing that they're covered for four years under warranty and have good support behind them. I use NEC monitors daily at work and considering how reliable they've been there (and some of the abuse they've taken), it was a no brainer.

Here's a pic:

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww332/lutjens/monitors.jpg

Another:

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww332/lutjens/monitors2.jpg

-n7-
08-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Awesome setup! :eek:

VERY nice indeed.

You cannot get much better than 5120x1600 of IPS goodness.

MoreGooder
09-19-2009, 07:08 AM
While I find the specs of your system truly remarkable, your photo shows you sit at a table consisting of a piece of wood (an old door?) held up by two sawhorses. I kinda had to laugh at the strange order of the priorities. Sell something and buy a desk.

Gautam
09-19-2009, 07:14 AM
I think you're going to be making a lot of people very jealous. :p: :slobber:

Photi
10-21-2009, 06:45 PM
While I find the specs of your system truly remarkable, your photo shows you sit at a table consisting of a piece of wood (an old door?) held up by two sawhorses. I kinda had to laugh at the strange order of the priorities. Sell something and buy a desk.

lol, my thoughts exactly when i saw the setup...4 grand in monitors and he has the desk of a peasant!

seriously lutjens, buy yourself an expa[e]nsive desk and you WILL feel like a king.

and buy yourself a 3rd monitor of the same specs and put it right in the middle...the straight ahead vision and symmetry of 3 monitors just works better than 2.

all that said, congratulations on your purchase, must be nice:up:

jfromeo
10-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Take a look at his signature, that rig is well over $10.000 :eek:

And yes I concur, that H-IPS LCD monitor is the part of my rig I'm more glad with :)

lutjens
10-21-2009, 07:28 PM

And replace it with what, a cheap pressboard premade? The desk isn't the flashiest, but it's solid, is deep enough and does the job just fine. I do plan to get a custom workstation desk (with dual built-in 15U racks) made in the near future, but in the meantime, this will do while I hash out the details (I have other things occupying my attention ATM). Sell something? What for?:confused:

AndrewZorn
10-21-2009, 07:51 PM
other than what youve already said, why the NEC?

ive been looking at the LG and the dell recently, and hear a lot about the NECs, but the lg seems to have the best rep...

lutjens
10-22-2009, 01:29 PM
I looked at many monitors before deciding on the NEC. Superior color quality was a major point in it's favor, as was the versatility of the monitor stand (which I found personally to be without equal...I had the advantage of trying the stand out on different NEC monitors at work). The quality of the monitors is top notch, and thus was underscored by the quantity of the NEC monitors used at my work (hundreds) and the amount of problems we have had (zero). I also used their online support center to ask a few pre-sales questions and the live chat feature is good, with minimal delay in speaking to a support agent. I haven't been disappointed with the monitors thus far, and they have performed perfectly with no issues whatsoever. I have no plan on replacing these monitors for some time and their quality (and warranty) will ensure that they will continue to perform well for at least the next 4 years.

You do indeed get what you pay for and to spend a little more now will ensure less headaches down the road.:)

Darth_Penguin
10-25-2009, 08:58 PM
The desk isn't the flashiest, but it's solid, is deep enough and does the job just fine.

So solid its bowing? :rofl:

cheap shots aside, that is an impressive array of eye candy goodness:up:

95blackz26
10-26-2009, 05:32 AM
I think you're going to be making a lot of people very jealous. :p: :slobber:

yeah im one of them.
awesome looking display and a nice price tag to go with it.