PDA

View Full Version : Have you played with any prefs for gpugrid?

INFRNL
08-21-2009, 10:36 PM
I have noticed some things under account prefs, but not sure if we need to change anything.

The only thing I have changed is the amount of work to keep per day. dropped down to 1 days worth.

I noticed you can adjust the amount of cpu usage, but dont know if we should change that. I think it defaults around 20%

there are quite a few that can be changed, just wondering if anyone has played with anything?

I also noticed that the % amount of usage is different for ea rig. I have 2 rigs that sit all day and are close to 100% but are still slightly different; then my main rig is approx 3% less. I imagine thats from use.

turn around times are different, etc.

I may have to browse around the grid forum and see if they have anything for adjustments that may benefit us

shadowwind
08-22-2009, 04:35 PM
im running wcg and gpugrid for wcg i got it set for 100% cpu usage and ive played around with it and you will lose some speed on wcg im not sure you want to play with that setting. if im reading your post correct.

DAK1640
08-22-2009, 05:04 PM
I use 75% processor in da summertime...Keeps the cores from cooking...

shadowwind
08-22-2009, 05:21 PM
I use 75% processor in da summertime...Keeps the cores from cooking...

all so keeps you from cooking with all the rigs in your farm the heat i got from my gpus when my vent motor died out was killer in my little 12ft x 12 foot room in the cellar moisture and heat makes one heck of a steamy room.:shocked:

Kondik
08-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Hmm I leave it on 100% , I played with the voltages so it keeps the CPU + VREG's just under 70 degrees as same as both VGA cards. But I don't leave it 24/7 like you guys do. The good thing will be in winter the temps will go down by several degrees. But summer winter, bah who cares, I created a Kondik Like ultimate Heli case, even summer can't beat 12 Noctuas :hehe:

INFRNL
08-22-2009, 08:47 PM
I was just talking about prefs in general.

I was just trying to point out that I have all my rigs set to go 100%, but the actual % varies on each rig.

I am just trying to get the most out of the programs and was wondering if anyone has played with any prefs to get better performance?