PDA

View Full Version : Boinc 6.10.0 supports ATI

PoppaGeek
08-21-2009, 06:30 PM
From GPUGRid forums: (http://www.gpugrid.net/forum_thread.php?id=1299#11985)

yes, i'm tried both and currently running 6.10.0 on my quad....

6.10.0 = ati support, cal libraries are now seen if present.

INFRNL
08-21-2009, 09:05 PM
is that a final release yet? I looked last night and the latest looked like it was still 6.6.36 which is what I am currently running on all systems. Granted I do not have any ati cards anymore. wonder how ati will fair on the grid :shrug:

I hope they do well as they are usually cheaper than nvidia. would make the farms a little cheaper to build :yepp:

PoppaGeek
08-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Beta. I dunno if GPUGrid has plans for ATI. I think there are a project or 2 that support ATI, Milkyway and I _THINK_ seti.

INFRNL
08-21-2009, 10:29 PM
oh maybe I misread this thread :ROTF:

I thought they were saying with the new boinc, gpugrid will support ati, but boinc itself will support ati, correct?:shrug:

PoppaGeek
08-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Correct, Boinc support. But it is a step forward.

Chumbucket843
09-07-2009, 10:33 AM
there was a thread on this but no oaffence to ATi, stream is not very impresive next to cuda. nvidias architecure is more general purpose than Ati's and i think we would see similar performance from F@H if they adopted ATi.

PoppaGeek
09-07-2009, 01:23 PM
there was a thread on this but no oaffence to ATi, stream is not very impresive next to cuda. nvidias architecure is more general purpose than Ati's and i think we would see similar performance from F@H if they adopted ATi.

Yes but many people have been wondering and waiting to see if/when WCG would support ATI. Boinc support was first step. It is now offical Boinc supports ATI so now we wait for next step.

Milkyway uses Boinc and now ATI cards. Not a project I am too keen on supporting but again it can now come to other projects.