PDA

View Full Version : 9.8 drivers are out for ATI

Orillian
08-17-2009, 11:50 AM
ATI is saying a lot of good performance increases on these drivers primarily for people running AMD CPU's. So far they have been good to me!

link (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=302639) is to Guru3d thread.

Running them on my desktop, but also on my laptop using the mobility modder tool from Driverheaven. ATi HD 3200 in my laptop with an AMD Turion X2. improvements more noticeable on the laptop with the AMD CPU then on my desktop with the Intel CPU

O.

Security
08-19-2009, 04:34 PM
I would like to point out that this driver causes problems in Anno 1404, you will get graphical errors in the game because of the drivers. :(

texasreefer
08-21-2009, 04:04 AM
What's going on with the missing Scaling Options? I thought 9.7 had them also, and no scaling options....currently, I'm using 9.6.

jcool
08-21-2009, 04:12 AM
I would like to point out that this driver causes problems in Anno 1404, you will get graphical errors in the game because of the drivers. :(

Same here.. also the new CC looks like :banana::banana::banana::banana:.

texasreefer
08-23-2009, 07:14 AM
UPdate on the Scaling issue... I had noticed that someone had posted a scaling issue about the 9.7 Catalyst.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=231018

At first, I didn't have that issue with 9.7, but noticed on a fresh OS install before my resolution had been set to 1920 x 1080, it wouldn't scale full screen. Same with 9.8.

9.6 does has scaling option. After i thought about this a bit, I reinstalled 9.8 and now the scaling is normal. So I guess it recognizes the last install/resolution, and when i first installed catalyst it had been on a fresh OS reinstall.

jcool
08-23-2009, 07:23 AM
Addendum.. the menu buttons Text in "The Witcher" is gone for me with 9,8. I just see the logo background screen but no writing whatsoever. Weird.

Orillian
08-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Anno 1404 issue is on Vista with DX10 only, just an FYI! I got around it dropping back to DX9 in Anno. There is a thread around somewhere with the how-to for that, I'll try and find it if anyone needs.

So far the 9.8's are working wonderfully for me, they are so far faster then 9.7's but on a side note I still have every one of the issues I was having in 9.7.

Keeping them, because for me the speed increases are worth not getting any fixes over 9.7 and 9.7+ has been the only drivers that are not causing micro stutters on my crossfire under TF2. I can live with Anno at DX9 ATM, since DX10 doesn't do a huge amount for the game anyways.

Oh and BTW for anyone with the following issues.

The following errors may occur during game play of the above mentioned games:

o No Anti-Aliasing support for Ghostbusters

o Graphics corruption when playing Sims 3

o No support for CrossfireX when playing Resident Evil 5

get the hotfix release from here (http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Hotfixfor3DGames.aspx)

Thanks to rflair over at Guru3D for pointing it out.

O.