PDA

View Full Version : What is the real vcore running at??

Deuzsta
08-15-2009, 10:32 PM
I trying to find what the vcore is running at on my 955 in bios i have it set to 1.56 according to health monitor in my bios that is 1.53 actual but in cpu-z it says 1.46 and coretemp says 1.56 im unsure what it is i think it would be bios setting of 1.53 because if i look in the health monitor if changes for 1.52 - 1.53

Deuzsta
08-16-2009, 03:58 AM
does anyone know what vcore was right? 1.53 bios or 1.56 cpu-z?
with 1.56 set up

SoulsCollective
08-16-2009, 04:08 AM
Neither.

Buy a digital multi-meter, find out the vCore measurement points for your board. All software readings are wrong, and there's no real way to tell which is the closest. BIOS will be under a lower load than any software readings taken in Windows, so odds are that the vCore shown by the software provided by the board manufacturer will be closer to whatever actual voltage your chip is getting.

Also, please learn to use proper sentences rather than just running on words over multiple lines - it makes posts much easier to read and understand, and therefore makes it easier for others to help you. This is assuming English is your native language, if not, apologies.

Deuzsta
08-16-2009, 04:30 AM
thanks and sorry ill make my typing easy to read.

WSP
08-16-2009, 07:44 AM
What concerning me the most is how much volt the cpu needs in order to be able to clocked like my expectation.
But it makes me mad when I run into a mobo which has a few pwm,and thus,does vdrop too much