PDA

View Full Version : Count Down to #1 - Join us!

PoppaGeek
08-15-2009, 12:09 AM
We are on our way to the #1 GPUGrid (http://www.gpugrid.net/index.php) Team. I posted the charts (http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=teams&proj=ps3) so non-team members can see how fast this team is going. On July 14 we were #24 now we are #10. (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=229632). As we are still building up steam, members adding new GPUs and new members joining, we will over take the #3 and #2 position much sooner than the charts show. We average 28 members turning in work and 27k per member. While #1 has alot of points we are matching them some days on points and some days turn in much more.

Help us get to #1!

http://img.techpowerup.org/090815/countdown1.jpg

http://img.techpowerup.org/090815/countdown2.jpg

Plan.B
08-15-2009, 07:18 AM
wow. if those numbers are consistent we will definitely be moving up. time for me for to find an affordable gtx2xx

shadowwind
08-15-2009, 07:48 AM
if we can get some help from the forum members for a week or 2 it will help us out a lot to cut the time frame down any help would be appreciated.To help us get to are goal to the #1 spot.:up:

Gamekiller
08-15-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm givin-er all she's got captain!

Kondik
08-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Ooh our local Rebels are 9th ?

Well then

LETS STEAMROLL THEM

:buddies: ----> :shoot:

shadowwind
08-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Ooh our local Rebels are 9th ?

Well then

LETS STEAMROLL THEM

:buddies: ----> :shoot:

:welcome:kondik and thanks for joining the team we need all the help we can get.:up:

Kondik
08-15-2009, 11:24 AM
I've betrayed my F@H brothers, if they find it out I'll be gutted.

Pretty much like this http://fscwasteland.net/temp/gutted.jpg
And there is nothing extreme with me just two GTX 285's and one Nehalem on 4 GHz's that Shreds for WCG

shadowwind
08-15-2009, 11:32 AM
i guess i did all so but i cant run F@H with all the heat my vid cards was pushing out the back of the computers so whenit gets cooler im going to put 3 cards back on folding and 4 cards will stay on the grid for now.:D

Kondik
08-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Well I don't care it's 5 degrees difference between FAH and GPUGRID for me , the GTX coolers with my MX2 Thermal compoud are well even in these heat's and the CPU is in max 7's but that's to be suspected form a 4 GHz 8 threader.
Pretty much nor I care, I breaks I buy a new one. But I had some issues running both GPU clients without checking them so I became lazy and found this an alternative, and it's easy to set up ... click one button and go the best solution for lazy farts as I am.
No flags here no flags there just smoooooth onebuttoning.

But I usually work 12 hours a day max, SLI on -> Gaming / HD movies etc etc, -> Bed -> GRID + CRUNCH up

shadowwind
08-15-2009, 12:18 PM
good thing your cards are gtx 285 if they was gtx 260s they might present a problem the 3 cards im holding back are gtx260s i was only able to get one to work in the grid if they fix the problem with the cards throttling down to 2D i will turn that computer back on, but i did lower the electricity bill down some with it off so it keeps the wife happy for now till i turn it back on:rofl:

PoppaGeek
08-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Well I don't care it's 5 degrees difference between FAH and GPUGRID for me , the GTX coolers with my MX2 Thermal compoud are well even in these heat's and the CPU is in max 7's but that's to be suspected form a 4 GHz 8 threader.
Pretty much nor I care, I breaks I buy a new one. But I had some issues running both GPU clients without checking them so I became lazy and found this an alternative, and it's easy to set up ... click one button and go the best solution for lazy farts as I am.
No flags here no flags there just smoooooth onebuttoning.

But I usually work 12 hours a day max, SLI on -> Gaming / HD movies etc etc, -> Bed -> GRID + CRUNCH up

:welcome::welcome:

PoppaGeek
08-15-2009, 02:51 PM
if we can get some help from the forum members for a week or 2 it will help us out a lot to cut the time frame down any help would be appreciated.To help us get to are goal to the #1 spot.:up:

That might help as I know when the weather cools we will loose some GPUS as they will go back to F@H. Hopefully we can make good progress and then keep enough to maintain enough GPUS/points to continue to progress.

That is IF GPUGrid can keep up with US! :rofl:

shadowwind
08-15-2009, 03:16 PM
i guess your right poppa but 4 of my cards are staying here in the gpugrid now the problem will be what is going to happen with WCG will it be a combo of cpu and gpu or all gpu that is the million dollar ?????

INFRNL
08-15-2009, 08:22 PM
you guys betrayed me :slapass: :mad: :ROTF: J/K

I betrayed myself last night. I moved 3 GTX 275's over for a total of 6 GTX 275's now! I should be averaging approx 95k ppd if not more with these cards.

I now only have 1 gtx 275 and a 9800gt for F@H.

I am glad to see that we are moving along nicely; its just a matter of time till we hit #1:up:

Once I get to a comfortable level on the grid I will probably split up my cards again between the grid and F@H, and hope too slowly add more. I currently have 3 more empty slots to fill in my rigs till its time to add another rig, but I might get 1 more card and possibly add another rig by the years end to add more to WCG as well.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their dedication to the team too :up::up::up:....THANKS EVERYONE!

now lets get more gpus on the team :yepp: :D
only time will tell :shrug:

Kondik
08-16-2009, 02:28 AM
you guys betrayed me :slapass: :mad: :ROTF: J/K

I betrayed myself last night. I moved 3 GTX 275's over for a total of 6 GTX 275's now! I should be averaging approx 95k ppd if not more with these cards.

I now only have 1 gtx 275 and a 9800gt for F@H.

I am glad to see that we are moving along nicely; its just a matter of time till we hit #1:up:

Once I get to a comfortable level on the grid I will probably split up my cards again between the grid and F@H, and hope too slowly add more. I currently have 3 more empty slots to fill in my rigs till its time to add another rig, but I might get 1 more card and possibly add another rig by the years end to add more to WCG as well.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their dedication to the team too :up::up::up:....THANKS EVERYONE!

now lets get more gpus on the team :yepp: :D
only time will tell :shrug:

You will make Vijay Pande cry, are you aware of that and are you able to bear the consequences ? :cord:

:hehe:

INFRNL
08-16-2009, 06:52 PM
^^^ I think I can accept that to help this team get to #1 faster! :D:ROTF::yepp: :shrug:

I have a plan, lets just hope it works...ok plan is not quite finalized :ROTF:

Chumbucket843
08-16-2009, 07:14 PM
You will make Vijay Pande cry, are you aware of that and are you able to bear the consequences ? :cord:

:hehe:

having 5 petaflops should be enough for him. other scientists need supercomputing too.:D
HPC will be one of the pillars of medical research in the future so we need to get some decent competitors(computing power wise) against f@h.

Did anyone saw DAK ? I need to :cord: the living atoms out of him for the betrayal !
you hipocrite:rofl:

HuffPCair
08-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Awesome job guys. If I get my other computer built I will definitely have either this main rig on GPUgrid or I will put the new one on and leave this one on F@h.

Again congrats guys on the great work and GET TO NUMBER 1

PoppaGeek
08-16-2009, 07:34 PM
^^^ I think I can accept that to help this team get to #1 faster! :D:ROTF::yepp: :shrug:

I have a plan, lets just hope it works...ok plan is not quite finalized :ROTF:

It is an EVIL Plan right? It has to be an EVIL Plan. OK? E V I L. :up:

I love Evil Plans.:para:

Gamekiller
08-16-2009, 08:05 PM
0.49 days till we mow down the #9 spot!

INFRNL
08-16-2009, 08:21 PM
It is an EVIL Plan right? It has to be an EVIL Plan. OK? E V I L. :up:

I love Evil Plans.:para: of course :ROTF::yepp:

0.49 days till we mow down the #9 spot!

Nice :up: more GPU's guys, more GPU's, thats all I can say :yepp:

Can't wait till the GTX 300 series comes ;)...damn time to save more $$$, too many EVIL plans right now, dammit :mad: :ROTF: :shrug:

Otis11
08-16-2009, 09:20 PM
of course :ROTF::yepp:

Nice :up: more GPU's guys, more GPU's, thats all I can say :yepp:

Can't wait till the GTX 300 series comes ;)...damn time to save more $$$, too many EVIL plans right now, dammit :mad: :ROTF: :shrug:

That's what I'm thinking. Start getting 2.5 GFLOPS/Card... :devil:

PoppaGeek
08-16-2009, 10:05 PM
This is really a bad time to buy a CPU or GPU with AMD and ATI releasing new CPUS and GPUS in Sept. Prices should drop nicely on the existing stuff pretty soon after the new stuff hits the market.

Patience. I hate that word.:shakes:

Otis11
08-17-2009, 08:38 AM
This is really a bad time to buy a CPU or GPU with AMD and ATI releasing new CPUS and GPUS in Sept. Prices should drop nicely on the existing stuff pretty soon after the new stuff hits the market.

Sounds to me like there's a christmas build coming... :rofl:

shadowwind
08-17-2009, 11:04 AM

patience is a good thing istanbul may come down in price by January maybe in January the GTX 275 will be 150,99 a card. so bring on the GTX 300 so i can get a price drop plz,:rofl: it nice to dream:D

INFRNL
08-17-2009, 03:57 PM
did I already mention that I do not know what patience is :shrug:

buy now with the deals, and continue to buy when the new deals come towards the end of the year, thats my philosophy. one can never keep up and prices will always continue to drop no matter when you buy. :( :mad: :yepp: :ROTF: :rofl: :shrug: :shakes:

shadowwind
08-17-2009, 04:29 PM
I hear ya on that i just bought 2 more GTX 260s so im gearing up a little. im trying to phase out my gts 250s so that will give me a total of 7 gtx 260s :rofl:
and i hope those 2 cards will work on the grid from what i can see it is luck of the draw with those cards for the gpugrid. but they can fold so they wont go to waste.:up

i may need to get ear plugs my wife can get loud but im evil and still plotting the take over of the #1 spot.

PoppaGeek
08-17-2009, 04:57 PM
did I already mention that I do not know what patience is :shrug:

buy now with the deals, and continue to buy when the new deals come towards the end of the year, thats my philosophy. one can never keep up and prices will always continue to drop no matter when you buy.---> :( :mad: :yepp: :ROTF: :rofl: :shrug: :shakes:<---

hmmm mood swings, yeah you need to buy something, fast!

:rofl:

PoppaGeek
08-17-2009, 07:45 PM
#9 today #8 very soon!

http://img.techpowerup.org/090817/xs9.jpg

INFRNL
08-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Damn we should have started when we were first invited to the team a long time ago. Some of the teams have a huge head start on us, but we are steadily climbing!

Also glad to see that we are continuing to build up the team and including members adding more cards daily!...or at least weekly

DAK1640
08-18-2009, 02:06 AM
Da Goosey wants to fly with a larger flock. Let's keep recruiting. BTW, MikeB12 is responsible for Da Goosey coming over to this team, so Blame him for any Goose droppings...:rofl:

MikeB12
08-18-2009, 05:35 AM
Da Goosey wants to fly with a larger flock. Let's keep recruiting. BTW, MikeB12 is responsible for Da Goosey coming over to this team, so Blame him for any Goose droppings...:rofl:

I'm outnumbered! I tellya!

http://www.geesewranglersllc.com/goosegallery/urban_herding_speck_geese.jpg

Kondik
08-18-2009, 10:23 AM
My Czech coleagues :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:ed the living electrons out of my nucleoid brain grid for this :(

DAK1640
08-18-2009, 03:23 PM
My Czech coleagues :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:ed the living electrons out of my nucleoid brain grid for this :(

:rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::r ofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rof l::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl: :ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::R OTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROT F::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF: :rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::r ofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rof l::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl: :ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::R OTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROT F::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF: :rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::r ofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rof l::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl: :ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::R OTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROT F::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF: :rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::r ofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rof l::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl: :ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::R OTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROTF::rofl::ROT F:

Kondik
08-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Gramps give me please phone no on your children, we have to discuss which rest home we will pick up for you.

PoppaGeek
08-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Ya gotta be careful with da Goose. He may not do what ya want. He is kinda twicky...
Even his numbers can sneak up on ya.
http://img.techpowerup.org/090818/thief_30k.png

Kondik
08-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Ya gotta be careful with da Goose. He may not do what ya want. He is kinda twicky...
Even his numbers can sneak up on ya.
http://img.techpowerup.org/090818/thief_30k.png

Back in the 16th century we used to temper steel in the slaves, most of them were still alive so :nono:

He can't steal anything from me and I belive after several glases of vodka he won't be able to distinquish if it's a vodka od kondik backbreaker poison mix :hehe:

+ I'm fairly sure he won't be able to catch me :p:

PoppaGeek
08-20-2009, 09:12 PM
XS GPUGrid Team is NOW #8 :woot:

Gamekiller
08-20-2009, 09:28 PM
That was quick. Good job everyone. :up:

pwolfe
08-21-2009, 05:37 AM
I joined the team, I wanna see what my humble little 295 can do. Now to just figure out how to make it use both cores...

OldChap
08-21-2009, 08:04 AM
try using 190.xx drivers and turning sli on...(I don't have 295 this is just what I heard)

Kondik
08-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Yup as OC said, SLI + 190.38 works as charm.

pwolfe
08-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Guess I should have stated, I'm on x64 Linux.

shadowwind
08-21-2009, 11:32 AM
k i have not tried it on linux yet so my best guess is to check the gpugrid forums they have a linux setup section and :welcome:to the team pwolfe.

jcool
08-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Is it worth updating to 190.38 for a GTX 260? I still got one running on the team, even tho the heat is killing me with all the CPUs burning and 35C ambients...

PoppaGeek
08-21-2009, 01:12 PM
I joined the team, I wanna see what my humble little 295 can do. Now to just figure out how to make it use both cores...

:welcome:

INFRNL
08-21-2009, 09:11 PM
:welcome:

+1 @pwolfe:welcome:

I cannot help you at this time on this, but I hope you can find your answers.

pwolfe
08-21-2009, 10:38 PM
+1 @pwolfe:welcome:

I cannot help you at this time on this, but I hope you can find your answers.

Thanks; all my research suggests I just need to wait until the 190 drivers mature a bit more for Linux. I'll be sure to make a new thread if I come across anything post worthy.

PoppaGeek
08-28-2009, 11:29 PM
We are on the move and gaining momentum! In spite of all the problems members have had getting it up, er I mean with drivers and KVM switches and running multi-GPU setups we continue to dominate the daily points and are building momentum.

On 8-15, a mere 2 weeks ago, we were #10 and had 789 days to overtake the #2 team. We are now #8 and are 612 days to overtake team #2. #3 was 120 days now 90. In 14 days we not only gained 2 places in the charts we reduced our #2 take over by 177 days and #3 by 30 days. :up::clap:

We are Xtreme and soon will be #1. :YIPPIE:

http://img.techpowerup.org/090829/gpugrid_up.jpg

Refer to the 1st post in this thread to compare charts and numbers.

Plan.B
08-29-2009, 06:33 AM
Very nice. Great work team! I've been down for a week or so whilst I build an i7 SLI rig. I just bought a second gtx280, should be here next week, so I hope to start turning in some more WU's soon.

INFRNL
08-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Excellent work fellas. Also special thanks to DAK and Stonageman for phenominal daily putput :up::clap::up::clap::up::clap::up::clap:

PoppaGeek
08-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Excellent work fellas. Also special thanks to DAK and Stonageman for phenominal daily putput :up::clap::up::clap::up::clap::up::clap:

:worship: