PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Clevo laptop BIOS

Ket
08-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Title says it all guys. I'm loking for a Clevo Laptop BIOS, the laptop model is a M7x0S. Anyone want to help me find the latest BIOS for this mode? :) Googling hasn't come up with much of use for me atm, just a few applications that can get the BIOS for you, but you have to PAY to use that software... theres no bloody way in hell I'm being robbed in broad daylight by paying to use some software to get a BIOS file when all we have to do for PCs is download the BIOS ourselves.

If anyone can get it to work I did find one link, but the contents appear to be empty :shrug:

ftp://sftp.clevo.com.tw/ALLBIOS

I'll love you all forevr if you can help me find a link with BIOSes for my M7x0S clevo lappy :D

Ket
08-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Anybody? :( ... I may send this POS lappy back if I can't find a new BIOS for it. Currently it won't recognise all 4GB of memory - only 3GB of it. The chipset is a SiS672, which supposedly supports 4GB.

Assuming I do send this laptop back, lets have a little "contest" :p:

Can anyone find a laptop for £300 that meets this basic criteria;

Needs to be a dual core CPU, don't care if its intel or AMD
Must have at least 2GB RAM
Needs at least a 160GB HDD
Must have ok onboard graphics (by ok I'm talking GF Go 8200M, intel X4500, Radeon X1200, anything like that)
Built-in wireless adapter

I'm flexible on the HDD. If theres a laptop that checks all the boxes but the HDD is say 120GB, thats fine.