PDA

View Full Version : TV as monitor problems (4890)

Freonor
08-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Hi.

I've been trying to figure out why my 4890 or my TV is throwing me a blank screen when it gets to the windows (7) login window after displaying a proper picture all the way up to the login screen. I get the sound and I can log in fine. To get the picture back again I just have to switch to a different output on my receiver and back. The picture comes back, but normally the resolution isn't retained.

This is a pretty annoying thing... I have the latest drivers (9.7) and I'm doing DVI-HDMI to the receiver and to the TV. Once it gets back it's fine. Some flickering will occur though... I know it's the 4890/computer doing it as I don't get the flickering with my PS3 or normal TV watching.

The flickering aside. It seems as windows as it changes from low res (boot up) to high res (login screen) something happens which throws the TV off or the signal from the 4890.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this and how to solve it?

Any help is appreciated!

perkam
08-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Try disconnecting the HDMI and using only the DVI directly to the TV.

Perkam

3Z3VH
08-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Reduce your Refresh Rate

zanzabar
08-12-2009, 03:56 PM
TVs use 59hrz monitors use 60hrz so u have to set it appropriately

Freonor
08-13-2009, 10:49 PM
@Perkam: Do you mean to use a DVI-DVI cable to the TV? The TV doesn't have a DVI input so that won't work.

@3Z3VH & zanzabar: CCC is intelligent and won't allow me to select 60Hz. It pops back down to 59Hz if I try.

Thanks for the input though =)