PDA

View Full Version : 4890 issues

Michowski
08-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Well my computer has been flawless since I built it. Today I came across my first problem. I noticed last night that it was starting to get dusty on the inside so first thing this morning I take it and blow out the dust. Been about a month so it was due.

I turn it on and start to read some forums then all the sudden it just shut off. No blue screen or anything just instant power off. I took the side of the case off, hit the button and noticed my top card fan wasnt working. Obviously it got hot and the sensor shut the computer down. So I turned it off and unplug it and just leave it to cool down for a few minutes. Hit the button and still nothing. I proceed to take the entire card out and swap it with another 4890 I got and power it up and its all fine. Crossfire works and no issues, or so I thought. I stick the one that the fan didnt work in my other computer after checking all the connections and it works fine. Booted right up and is back to normal.

Now im still having issues with my computer. When I am browsing forums and scroll with the mouse I get these beeping noises from the inside. Also when I started up l4d I also get rapid beeps comming from the inside. Also for the first time I got a blue screen with an ati error. I believe it was something like atidmag or atidmac. I uninstalled my drivers, got the newest ones and did a clean install but the issue still lies here. I dont even have the slightest idea why these things are happening like they are. What causes or can fix this?

Kensek
08-07-2009, 12:22 PM
An Asus Dual Fan HD4890?

Michowski
08-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Sorry, there xfx 4890's. 850mhz stock core.

ViRuS2k
08-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Could it be that the 1 of your pci express ports on your motherboard is dodgy ?

chuck4456
08-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Well my computer has been flawless since I built it. Today I came across my first problem. I noticed last night that it was starting to get dusty on the inside so first thing this morning I take it and blow out the dust. Been about a month so it was due.

I turn it on and start to read some forums then all the sudden it just shut off. No blue screen or anything just instant power off. I took the side of the case off, hit the button and noticed my top card fan wasnt working. Obviously it got hot and the sensor shut the computer down. So I turned it off and unplug it and just leave it to cool down for a few minutes. Hit the button and still nothing. I proceed to take the entire card out and swap it with another 4890 I got and power it up and its all fine. Crossfire works and no issues, or so I thought. I stick the one that the fan didnt work in my other computer after checking all the connections and it works fine. Booted right up and is back to normal.

Now im still having issues with my computer. When I am browsing forums and scroll with the mouse I get these beeping noises from the inside. Also when I started up l4d I also get rapid beeps comming from the inside. Also for the first time I got a blue screen with an ati error. I believe it was something like atidmag or atidmac. I uninstalled my drivers, got the newest ones and did a clean install but the issue still lies here. I dont even have the slightest idea why these things are happening like they are. What causes or can fix this?
What are you using for a POWER SUPPLY?