PDA

View Full Version : personalized bootup screens & themes

rashio
11-23-2003, 06:21 PM
hi,
i have just got xp pro and i have seen some pics of ppl's pcs with different bootup screens when they ahve just turned on their pc and different themes, now i know xp comes with 3 different themes but these were different and so was the bootup screen.
now i have downloaded some themes and bootup screens but i dont know how to install them , i read the site from where i got them from but they were really general and i could not follow what they meant :p:

so what i am wondering is does any 1 know how to install teh personalized bootup and theme screens or has a link to show me how to?

thank you very much :D

Smizack
11-23-2003, 06:35 PM
www.themexp.org for themes, visual styles, and backgrounds.

If you can find a prog called boot xp, use it to change your boot screen. It's a lot easier than manually changing the ntoskrnl.

rashio
11-24-2003, 11:26 AM
thanks, that is actually where i got the files from originally, but i dont really understand the how-to section. is there any other sites whihc could tell me what to do?
also thx for tellin me that program, i will try it out when i get home :D

Smizack
11-24-2003, 08:14 PM
Well, I use StyleXP to apply themes and logons. As far a replacing your sartup screen, it's the ntoskrnl but it can cause lockup problems sometimes. That's why I said use bootxp.

I'll look around some and see what else I can find.

rashio
11-25-2003, 08:27 AM
thx ;)

Peckers
11-30-2003, 05:13 PM
You can change bootscreen with StyleXP aswell, haven't tried it myself thougt.

Ppower
12-16-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Smizack
www.themexp.org for themes, visual styles, and backgrounds.

If you can find a prog called boot xp, use it to change your boot screen. It's a lot easier than manually changing the ntoskrnl.

Oh, thanks that is a great site!

What boot up screen can you alter? the XP loading one or is it the "Welcome" screen? Probably the second one right?:comp10:

Peckers
12-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Ppower

What boot up screen can you alter? the XP loading one or is it the "Welcome" screen? Probably the second one right?:comp10:

by changing ntoskrnl you change your XP _loading screen_.

Smizack
12-19-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Ppower

Look for boot xp. Otherwise, you'll have to edit your ntoskrnl.

sky
12-26-2003, 11:50 AM
hehe ok. yeah done that as well some time ago. now is there any way to change the logon / logoff screen. you know this little window where you can select, shut down, reboot, whatnot. i want to change that xp pro (or 2k or whatever) picture above it. so far i've spent ages browsing through ntoskrnl and other files, but i have yet to find where to replace that one. this would really make for a personalized desktop theme :D

any one got an idea? i did google a while back and came up blank. well not exactly blank, but all tips were for the xp bootlogo, user select screen, yadayada.

Smizack
12-26-2003, 09:13 PM
Themexp can change logon screens too.