PDA

View Full Version : You know you are addicted to WCing when...

TopFuel1471
08-05-2009, 08:45 PM
when the cost of your loops exceeds the cost of the actual hardware.

when your computer weighs 40lbs more than when it was air cooled.

when your room is dust-free because all the dust got sucked into your radiators.

Next?

dejanh
08-05-2009, 08:57 PM
when the cost of your loops exceeds the cost of the actual hardware.

when your room is dust-free because all the dust got sucked into your radiators.

Next?

:rofl: so true!

When your wife is screaming at you because your computer is in pieces again.

When you spend more time installing hardware then using it.

Nanometer
08-05-2009, 09:24 PM
haha, more time installing and tuning hardware then actual using time X-D lol

biglipzit
08-05-2009, 09:31 PM
When you got a pile of dead video cards caused by that drip that got away

zeropluszero
08-05-2009, 11:47 PM

Guilty

or that the pieces have been on the floor all around your room for months
guilty on both of these.

lichyetan
08-06-2009, 12:17 AM
mostly same as u all, pieces of parts over the floor when assembling, computer weight is heavy, mid-high end hardware with much more expensive water cooling components, spent most time setting up water cooling loop compare to setting up hardware components, spending hours just to get the loop done etc...

Navanod
08-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Guilty

or that the pieces have been on the floor all around your room for months
guilty on both of these.

Very guilty of the pieces around the floor...in fact, I had finished my last loop change for almost a month and there're still things littered about :p:

Here's more:
When you find yourself tempted to watercool things that are not really hot or yields no overclocking advantages.
You find yourself still very tempted to watercool those things even after seeing the price tags on those specialty blocks
You still insist on watercooling those things although you've been fighting with tubing routes and fittings for a week and still cannot get them in proper order
You're happy when its all over and done with although your vital components are now running warmer because all these extra junk in the loop and the casing are restricting water and airflow :D

I'm guilty of that

Blizzy
08-06-2009, 12:36 AM
When you only have watercooling parts and no hardware at all

lol

:(

ChaosAD
08-06-2009, 12:41 AM
When as soon as you have installed your new WC setup, you already start thinking of possible upgrades :rolleyes:

GIZIU
08-06-2009, 12:49 AM
When you're in work and reading XS forum instead of work :D

Russ_64
08-06-2009, 12:51 AM
Oh dear .......... all of the above :up:

Also, when your 24/7 temps are never low enough.

nipper575
08-06-2009, 12:55 AM
When as soon as you have installed your new WC setup, you already start thinking of possible upgrades :rolleyes:

That's the one...

also true, but replace work with uni in my case

zeropluszero
08-06-2009, 02:36 AM

when you cant stop thinking of upgrades.

Assassin48
08-06-2009, 02:51 AM
when you cant stop thinking of upgrades.

LOL

just thinking about upgrade again

when you say

ill sell this to get this and it just ends up in the corner

millertime359
08-06-2009, 02:52 AM

When you have just ordered new components and thinking of ways to upgrade them.

When you want to turn your PC into a Kegorator. :D

Olly_K
08-06-2009, 02:59 AM

Quote for truth !

You know you are addicted to WCing when...

whilst draining your loop and blowing down a tube to get the last bit of coolant out you refer the taste as "a bit tangy"

zeropluszero
08-06-2009, 03:10 AM
LOL

just thinking about upgrade again

when you say

ill sell this to get this and it just ends up in the corner

my build has been awaiting parts for the past 4 months, from what my computer was, the only thing still the same is the hard drives.
even my signature, which i thought was finished, is now incorrect.
all my new parts are bought more or less week by week.
even now, i'm still awaiting some un designs parts.

Onoff312
08-06-2009, 04:13 AM
You started with a $200-400 budget and have ended up spending over $1000-2000

Bladesinger7x
08-06-2009, 04:19 AM
when you have a rubber ducky in your reservoir and not in your bathtub

when a leak in your bathroom is of a 'MEH' level, and the leek in the loop is of the
!!!!MARSIANS ATTACKING, NUCLEAR MISSILERS LAUNCHED, MOTHER-IN-LAW VISITING!!! level

when you piss it is all about pressure, not flow

SNiiPE_DoGG
08-06-2009, 04:25 AM
When you finish your new computer but you dont actually use it because its going to be in the photo studio for the next 2 weeks

When you get a quote for laser cutting the acrylic for your reservoir @ $196 and you say "yeah lets do it, that's not bad"

When you have so many extra parts that you can run a contest with many prizes based on things you have but dont need.

When you finish your most recent build and you have already started the CAD drawings for your next, three fold more complex, build.....

eponymous
08-06-2009, 04:25 AM
..when you are at a Tesco and fill your cart with only bottles of vinegar and de-ionized

Cashier: "Sir please, other people may want to buy those!"

Bladesinger7x
08-06-2009, 04:27 AM
health risk involved ...do not try this at home ...or anywhere else:

when you tell your GF that a DDC 3.2 with aftermarkt top squirts with more pressure than she

twwen2
08-06-2009, 04:47 AM
Lol, this is good.

When you buy more blocks and rads even though there's nowhere to use them (i've only the one rig, 5 rads and 3 cpu blocks).

ShArKo
08-06-2009, 04:58 AM
1 - WC stuff: Pump, Reserv, rad, CPU block.

2 - WC Stuff: Pump, reserv, rad, CPU block, VGA block.

3 - WC Stuff: 2 Pump, 2 Reserv, 4 rad, CPU block, VGA block, Mosfet block, NB block.

4 - WC Stuff: 5 Pump, 9 Reserv, 10 Rad, CPU block, VGA block, Mosfet block, NB block, SB block, HDD block, memory block and your home became a big water cooling case :p.
Problems???? Your wife is not the problem, your mom is not the problem...

The problem is that you need less temp, At least 1º less....

nipper575
08-06-2009, 05:03 AM
When you upgrade your CPU block for a 1C drop in temp at best...

or when you add a second rad to your cpu only loop, just for the fun of it.

voigts
08-06-2009, 05:09 AM

This one has it for me.

Also, when you are bored the first thing that comes to mind is tinkering with your computer as in seeing what you can tear apart or get into.

Bladesinger7x
08-06-2009, 05:14 AM
you are not 'trooly' addicted until you change your name to Killer

....Heath Killer:D

Rise
08-06-2009, 05:16 AM
when you have more pictures of your computer on facebook than yourself :D

dejanh
08-06-2009, 07:38 AM

lol

:(

:rofl::ROTF:

Waterlogged
08-06-2009, 07:46 AM
You buy all the parts, put them together but don't fill the loop, pull it all apart, start your own forum and proclaim your a water cooling god and tell other ppl what they should use. :rofl:

HotGore
08-06-2009, 08:15 AM
You know you are addicted to watercooling...

When water leaks all over your computer you don't even blink.

When the only water in your house has PT Nuke in it.

When you are broke.

dejanh
08-06-2009, 08:42 AM
You buy all the parts, put them together but don't fill the loop, pull it all apart, start your own forum and proclaim your a water cooling god and tell other ppl what they should use. :rofl:

I know some people that would fall into that category lol :rofl:

3Z3VH
08-06-2009, 08:43 AM
You know you are addicted to watercooling when you dedicate a room of your house to be the computer room... and another room for building the computer.

Bobly
08-06-2009, 09:58 AM
When you decided to go with water cooling for silence but ended up settings fan to high because you discovered you could get a pretty awesome overclock :yepp:

CptDreadFlint
08-06-2009, 10:05 AM
...when you think the answers to life's greatest mysteries lies in rotaries and compression fittings.
...when the first thing you do in the morning is check to see if that sold-out block is back in stock.
...when you catch yourself thinking about sleeving your dog (so wrong, I know).
...when you can recite your loop order to the cadence of the classic McDonald's jingle. (Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.)
...when you use words like "ambient", "delta", or "low restriction" to describe somebody cool.

This is true of me atm:

mlwood37
08-06-2009, 10:07 AM
when your wife is constantly asking if its oky to use her own sink.

When people start looking at you weirdly when you talk about your own pc.

When the guy at the local car parts shop ask's you if you would like to make an account.

When you stop looking at the DB of a fan and just concentrate on the CFM.

When you have more rads in the house then in you own car.

When you start making your own dye's

NaeKuh
08-06-2009, 10:11 AM
when you think the way to exhibit wealth in h2o is by showing off a cache of bitsy fittings.

When you know RD-30 is not R2D2's little brother.

when ur sitting behind a table doing murder mod sleeving on your PSU cables in your free time.
(sorry nils.. but you need to be adicted to this hobby to keep that up after 5). :rofl:

Aphellyon
08-06-2009, 10:25 AM
.... when you install an ac window unit in your tiny 10x11 upstairs office just to get the ambients down and cool air on the rads.

...XtremeSystems Forums > Cooling >Liquid Cooling... F5,F5,F5

:D

jetroho
08-06-2009, 10:35 AM

Dam you WL :ROTF:
I almost bit off my tongue eating lunch :shocked:

FTW :rofl::ROTF:

metachronos
08-06-2009, 10:58 AM
health risk involved ...do not try this at home ...or anywhere else:

when you tell your GF that a DDC 3.2 with aftermarkt top squirts with more pressure than she

Hahahaha wow :rofl:

Scubar
08-06-2009, 11:27 AM
When you take your favorite Radiator and some tubing into the bathtub with you :D

kinghong1970
08-06-2009, 11:33 AM
When you take your favorite Radiator and some tubing into the bathtub with you :D

when statements like these don't surprise you...

HuffPCair
08-06-2009, 11:41 AM
When your water bill is xtreme not from showering but from flushing rads out.

wondergod
08-06-2009, 11:51 AM
When in the middle of work you stop and jot down a tubing run for a build in the future(including angled fittings if needed).
When your girlfriend wants to buy a gallon of spring water at the grocery store and you make her buy distilled water just in case you redo your loops AGAIN.
When you pee UV because of that one drunk night refilling your pc with feser 1 UV.
When you decide whether to buy certain PC components based on if they have water blocks made for them.

dejanh
08-06-2009, 12:00 PM
When you decide whether to buy certain PC components based on if they have water blocks made for them.

How dare you sir! This is a perfectly legitimate way of shopping for components! :slap: :ROTF:

Sadasius
08-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Yup pretty much guilty of everything in here except the bathtub thing....Scubar you need help or maybe I am missing out on something Hmmmm. Might have to test that and post my results to confirm! :up::rofl:

paul_
08-06-2009, 04:13 PM
...when you think the answers to life's greatest mysteries lies in rotaries and compression fittings.
...when the first thing you do in the morning is check to see if that sold-out block is back in stock.
...when you catch yourself thinking about sleeving your dog (so wrong, I know).
...when you can recite your loop order to the cadence of the classic McDonald's jingle. (Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.)
...when you use words like "ambient", "delta", or "low restriction" to describe somebody cool.

This is true of me atm:

Yep, I'm working on my HAF 932 jingle as we speak :D

I remember reading about this, what a lovely person :)

And I was guilty of the work thing too, until they blocked XS (and most other forums) with contentwatch. I spent more hours on XS than working :rofl::ROTF::up::rolleyes:

NaeKuh
08-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Ahhh*proxy*Chooo...

TopFuel1471
08-06-2009, 04:39 PM
When a trip to the plumbing department of Home Depot is exciting.

NaeKuh
08-06-2009, 04:40 PM
When a trip to the plumbing department of Home Depot is exciting.

wouldnt that be more desperation?

sheriff_deadeye
08-06-2009, 04:41 PM
...when the fedex truck drives by and you get all weak in the knees, and then all excited...
...and then all depressed when you realize you didn't order anything, you just really really wanted to.

twwen2
08-06-2009, 06:26 PM

Aha..ahahahaha :rofl:
WL i nearly spit my coffee all over the lappy! That was cheeky.

So, so true.

gOtVoltage
08-06-2009, 07:17 PM
On a real hot day you give your PC,, " The last Chilled bottled water ,,Not yourself"

SNiiPE_DoGG
08-06-2009, 07:27 PM
this isn't so much watercooling but:

When you've cut out all of the cables but the 8-pin and 1inch of the 24-pin from your $300+ PSU just so it "looks cleaner"

Navanod
08-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Aha..ahahahaha :rofl:
WL i nearly spit my coffee all over the lappy! That was cheeky.

So, so true.

Is it someone with a Triple Letter Repeat nick?
Just to be sure...how did anyone know the loop wasn't filled?

Here's one more:

When you download ALL the available 3D models of casings, blocks, cards, mobos, pumps, res and rads on Google Sketchup, just so you can "build" your dream machine while saving up for it

zeropluszero
08-06-2009, 11:53 PM
this thread is fantastic.

pika198
08-07-2009, 12:10 AM
When you have 4 loops that each cool only on part to get the best temps.

1) Monsta rad for CPU loop

2) Feser Triple Rad for GPU loop

3) Swiftech Single Rad for RAM loop

4) Swiftech Dual Rad for Chipset loop

Then you look inside your computer and see nothing but tubing and then you remember that the RAM water blocks are aluminum and you spend the next few days draining and starting all over again. :(

Also, you shudder when you hear the word Thermaltake :D

Vapor
08-07-2009, 12:20 AM
When you own 5 flowmeters.

When you have 2x RD-30's worth of pumping power in a CPU-only loop. (:D)

nipper575
08-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Also, you shudder when you hear the word Thermaltake :D

QFT

ChaosAD
08-07-2009, 01:20 AM
When you have 4 loops that each cool only on part to get the best temps.

1) Monsta rad for CPU loop

2) Feser Triple Rad for GPU loop

3) Swiftech Single Rad for RAM loop

4) Swiftech Dual Rad for Chipset loop

You are even more addicted when you think of using one quad rad for each loop seperatelly :shakes:

ShArKo
08-07-2009, 04:40 AM
When you past more than 10 min waching the WC and think: "what can I do it now, I can do this better than before",

Lazy Dog
08-07-2009, 11:27 AM
...when everytime you go shopping, you always find something you think is/gonna be useful in future wc upgrades...

...when breaking up from your girlfriend after 1&1/2 years, the only urge you have is to build a new rig...:D

...when you own enough components to watercool your entire apartment, but you still keep buying more...:slap:

stangracin3
08-07-2009, 11:33 AM
when you buy two of the same cases. 1 so you can house your system in, and the other for the rads, pumps, and fans.

affiliate13
08-07-2009, 12:26 PM
You know you are addicted to watercooling when you dedicate a room of your house to be the computer room... and another room for building the computer.

QFT

My only concern when out choosing a new house with the GF this week was that i would have the biggest spare room as a space for all my computerywatercoolerycrap. :shakes:

rambler358
08-07-2009, 12:34 PM

I can definately relate to both of the above... :up:

defect9
08-07-2009, 12:43 PM
When you buy an "el cheapo" case to house the computer while you mod the "good" case, and start to think of what you can do to the cheap case in the meantime

kinghong1970
08-07-2009, 12:51 PM
when you have 50+ shoe boxes (of the same brand and size) to sort out all your watercooling goodness...

THEN...

take your trusty Brother P-Touch Labeler to label all thems boxes...

AND...

realize you're going to need more shoe boxes...

Lazy Dog
08-07-2009, 12:59 PM
When you buy an "el cheapo" case to house the computer while you mod the "good" case, and start to think of what you can do to the cheap case in the meantime

when you have 50+ shoe boxes (of the same brand and size) to sort out all your watercooling goodness...

THEN...

take your trusty Brother P-Touch Labeler to label all thems boxes...

AND...

realize you're going to need more shoe boxes...

True and true....:hitself::D

kinghong1970
08-07-2009, 01:08 PM
oh...

when your wife sees your face stuck to the computer screen showing XS... and just sighs....

Sleepyzone
08-07-2009, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=dejanh;3945333]:rofl: so true!

Wife just said that a week ago to me too. :p:

kinghong1970
08-07-2009, 01:19 PM
when have a blank stare and your eyebrow goes up every time you touch a tubing of some sort...

MpG
08-07-2009, 01:51 PM
When you discover that those 5 gallon jugs for office water coolers come in "Distilled" flavour, and cry tears of joy.

Stealth42o
08-07-2009, 02:05 PM

Yup

rambler358
08-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Speaking of... how does everyone clean out their rad dust?

WhyTry?
08-07-2009, 02:32 PM
...when liquid cooling forum > you:banana::banana::banana::banana: :D

Altspacen
08-07-2009, 03:47 PM
...when liquid cooling forum > you:banana::banana::banana::banana: :D

Liquid Forum > 4chan

That was my turning point.

Raddust - compressed air blown out the way it came in with a damp rag behind it to take it all.

defect9
08-07-2009, 04:29 PM
...when you realize your bookmarks go right to the water/liquid cooling section of forums instead of the main page.

...when you ditch out on family events because some new parts arrived.

...when you are calling out for reviews and tests to be done on a part that only 5 minutes ago was announced for release.

...when you read this thread and agree with everything, noting to yourself to get more shoeboxes.

...when you leave your computer on in the winter to "save on heating".

...when you develop a small business to make one or two parts so that you can write off your other computer parts as "test samples" or "R&D".

...when you refer to your computer by name, and apologize to it before performing "surgery".

Sadasius
08-07-2009, 04:48 PM
You get home late after work and see there is a package on the table. You know from sitting at work refreshing the tracking code every 2 seconds that it was your new block your wife signed for. You look at the clock, look at your wife and tell her you will tuck her in. You look under the cupboard and notice there is not enough distilled in the 2 gallon jug. Option 1 you wait till the store opens in 7 hours and go to bed now making your wife happy. Option 2 you make your own homemade steam distillery and spend the next 6 hours making your own. You whip out the pot and start boiling collecting clothes hanger wire, your big filling funnel, some extra tubing, your water filter and an empty jug.

Fitseries3
08-07-2009, 05:03 PM
i know im an addict because i built THIS (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=216170) for keeping my i7 cool. CPU only

Sadasius
08-07-2009, 05:24 PM
i know im an addict because i built THIS (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=216170) for keeping my i7 cool. CPU only

:yepp: just click my links in my sig. 6000 rpm San Ace's! :yepp: Yeah that is pretty damn out there Fits!

Fitseries3
08-07-2009, 05:31 PM
:yepp: just click my links in my sig. 6000 rpm San Ace's! :yepp: Yeah that is pretty damn out there Fits!

good but i think mine are a tad better... just a tad though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUfCgURTvmk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVHPd35aNco

good stuff though. i like the san aces. i almost bought some like you have off of cyberdruid a while back but didnt have a use for them.

Zeus
08-08-2009, 12:50 AM
When you think: Aah, watercooling at last when it starts to rain...

Tommie_lj
08-08-2009, 01:14 AM
When you think that copper is more precious than gold..

kinghong1970
08-08-2009, 05:09 AM
when you use ketchup for something other than fries...

nipper575
08-08-2009, 06:13 AM
When your alcohol consumption rises, and not because your drinking more.

StAndrew
08-08-2009, 07:30 AM
When you get a birthday card from the water company.

TopFuel1471
08-08-2009, 08:58 AM
When you have gone to the er because your finger nearly got sliced off by a fan.

Altspacen
08-08-2009, 11:55 AM
When you have gone to the er because your finger nearly got sliced off by a fan.

When you've gone to the ER because you did slice off your finger with a fan.

zeropluszero
08-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Liquid Forum > 4chan
i discovered 4chan afterwards, i hate how i hit page 15 and then go back to 0. i'm obsessed.

...when you realize your bookmarks go right to the water/liquid cooling section of forums instead of the main page.

...when you ditch out on family events because some new parts arrived.

...when you read this thread and agree with everything, noting to yourself to get more shoeboxes.

guiltyguiltyguiltyguiltyguilty

...the first thing you check when you get home is this forum, then your favourite stores "new products section", then your facebook.

3Z3VH
08-10-2009, 09:30 AM
... when you go to Lowes to buy some cans of compressed air to blow out your computer, and walk out with this (http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=155839-70-D55146&lpage=none).

<---- Guilty

shazza
08-10-2009, 11:10 AM
...When you begin to look at something like THIS (http://www.automaticwirecutter.com/).

...When your computer parts run your spouse out of his den and he has to move his office to the guest bedroom.

...When your dining room table looks like this, because there isn't enough work space in the den you stole:
http://shazza53.smugmug.com/photos/562001403_KMxqU-S.jpg

...When this is a common occurrence:
http://shazza53.smugmug.com/photos/600596610_ce4wb-S.jpg

...When your towels match your current water cooling theme:
http://shazza53.smugmug.com/photos/579631845_cKP5i-M.jpg

rambler358
08-10-2009, 11:16 AM
...When your computer parts run your spouse out of his den and he has to move his office to the guest bedroom.
Hahaha :lol2:
It's a good thing your a woman! ;) Because if the roles were reversed, you can bet the wife would never allow that. :eek:

Creekin
12-16-2010, 06:31 AM
...when you refer to your computer by name, and apologize to it before performing "surgery".
:rofl:

thread necro :D
blame zero....

neonatas
12-16-2010, 08:04 AM
When you spend over 2k, not to make your computer faster/cooler or more efficient but just to make it more pretty.

When your new motherboard has a different color then the last one, and this little fact makes you redo your entire system including your wc-setup to make it more "matching"

ps.: i actually got a room in my house dedicated to watercooling parts

Levesque
12-16-2010, 08:08 AM
When you are planning to put a Tri-Fire set-up (5970+5870) both watercooled with dedicated loops, in your 8 years old daughter computer, to make place for another Tri-Fire (6990+6970), both watercooled, in your own computer. :)

Blackstare
12-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Someday ago it was a hot day, I was thirsty as hell and the only thing I could find In my room was a couple bottles of pure distilled water, I had no choice xD

Pupo
12-16-2010, 09:54 AM
When you stop looking at the DB of a fan and just concentrate on the CFM.

This doesn't agree with my beliefs about water cooling ;)

When you start making your own dye's

:ROTF::ROTF: owned

:D:D

Tackleberry
12-17-2010, 05:24 AM
-when spending more time looking at bubbles in you res then at screen
-when you keep wondering how to modify system so it could run on beer, thus impressing all of your friends
-when support staff become your best friends
-when you put alarms and leak sensor all around your case and connect them to iphone for immergancy
-when spending all savings on parts instead of going to Hawaii

ShArKo
12-17-2010, 06:24 AM
You know you are addicted to WCing when you leave your A/C on all day in winter just to see the temp on your CPU less than 19ºc and you use 1.55Vcore to get 4.5Ghz with a E8400.

KingOfsorroW
12-17-2010, 08:17 AM
I know I'm not addicted. 35m2 of the appartment space being unusable due to the wc and other pc parts that cover it, is a temporary inconvenience and means nothing.

Confuzzled
12-17-2010, 10:19 AM
when you think the way to exhibit wealth in h2o is by showing off a cache of bitsy fittings.

When you know RD-30 is not R2D2's little brother.

when ur sitting behind a table doing murder mod sleeving on your PSU cables in your free time.
(sorry nils.. but you need to be adicted to this hobby to keep that up after 5). :rofl:

Lol,

When your gf needs the distilled water to iron her work clothes and keeps coming to you asking for it or cursing having to dig under your desk to find it, or asking if there is any left. :up::ROTF:

When your checking your account for direct deposit to make sure your account updates to buy your next shipment of parts.

Waterlogged
12-17-2010, 12:31 PM
You know you are addicted to WCing when you leave your A/C on all day in winter just to see the temp on your CPU less than 19ºc and you use 1.55Vcore to get 4.5Ghz with a E8400.

:rofl:

This reminded me of a funny story from when I worked at an auto parts store. One of the guys had just had the Heat/AC on his car repaired and got it back on Christmas eve (in Buffalo NY;)), after work he got in and started up the car and turned the A/C on full blast for about 20min, turns out he wanted to see if he could make it snow inside the car.:rofl:

ScottALot
12-17-2010, 02:16 PM
When you've lapped your block to the point where water is running right across the IHS.

neonatas
12-17-2010, 04:02 PM
When you look at a fishtank and think, "he! thats a nice resevoir, and that underwaterpump looks good to!"

slowfreight
12-17-2010, 04:40 PM

Same here and I have'nt even read the rest of the thread!