PDA

View Full Version : Hercules 9800 Pro and Maze 4 GPU block....

Firelord-OCHW
11-23-2003, 03:25 PM
do they fit together?? Is there any problems with the Herc ram sinks getting in the way??

Cheers :)

Really really want it :D

sandman
11-23-2003, 03:26 PM
It fits, not sure if the ramsinks get in the way, but I don't think they do.

Feiticeira
11-23-2003, 03:28 PM
Sure I saw that maze 4 was made to clear all RAMsinks, said it works with tweakmonster ones anyway so im sure it will with them.
Let us know how it goes, I want one aswell ;)

Dave

Firelord-OCHW
11-23-2003, 03:34 PM
If you get one Feit where you gonna get it from??

My orders going in with Marci at over-clock uk

Feiticeira
11-24-2003, 01:09 PM
yeh, I like over-clock, might not always be cheapest but they are damn quality so I will prolly get it there aswell.
Not got money at mo though, moving on friday so need all the money I can :P

Firelord-OCHW
11-24-2003, 04:21 PM
Yeah thats what I have heard and about to experience ;)

Good luck on the move bud :) where you moving to??

Jupiler
12-02-2003, 03:11 PM
Gonna order the Maze4 GPU block tomorrow.
We'll see if the ramsinks on my Hercules 9800 PRO get in the way.

But another question :
If I would get the Maze4-1 GPU kit, will my Wc setup heat much more because of the pelt? How much more can I expect in temps then?

Firelord-OCHW
12-02-2003, 03:21 PM
Sorry don't know answer to second q but if you could let me know bout the block be v grateful :)

Jupiler
12-02-2003, 03:25 PM
I will, but it will take 1 week before I get my stuff.
Guess I'll be sticking with the normal Maze4 GPU.

Did you order yours already?

Firelord-OCHW
12-02-2003, 04:29 PM
Not till when I get back from uni along with the rest of the stuff!!!

Should be 2 weeks or so :D

NoFuture
12-04-2003, 10:05 AM
I ordered one and I must say I'm really satisfied with it, the thing performs really good and installation is a breeze. However, I had to take the useless ramsinks of my good ol' GF3 ti200 (TSOP ram so heatsinks are bigger) and the thermistor that was preventing proper contact with the GPU.

Firelord-OCHW
12-04-2003, 10:06 AM
:o are you getting higher clocks??

NoFuture
12-04-2003, 10:33 AM
Yes, I got 10mhz more off the core but It was already almost maxed out with my other cooling. Maybe some more voltage will help. Anyway, every review I have read gives a kick a$$ score to this block.

Fr@gster
12-05-2003, 01:48 AM
did you say that the block fit on the Herc 9800 Pro?

Frag

Firelord-OCHW
12-05-2003, 03:02 AM
Fra@gster by the sounds of it yes :)

Fr@gster
12-05-2003, 03:06 AM
lovely jubbly! I've almost put in my order for the WC stuff!

Getting excited now :)

Frag

Oc2theSkY
12-05-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Jupiler
Gonna order the Maze4 GPU block tomorrow.
We'll see if the ramsinks on my Hercules 9800 PRO get in the way.

But another question :
If I would get the Maze4-1 GPU kit, will my Wc setup heat much more because of the pelt? How much more can I expect in temps then?

Whether or not the pelt will heat your system depends on your system. A really good high heat capacity system might only go up 1 or 2 c, where an average to poor system could go up 10c. You can count on it increasing some.

Firelord-OCHW
12-06-2003, 03:11 PM
Has it arrived yet mate??

texuspete00
12-09-2003, 10:19 AM
The block usually keeps my 9700 np quite cool. Got me from about 350 to 380. The block is machined to fit in the shim, though I dont think I need it nor you to anyways. Also it clears the tweakmonster ramsink by quite a bit. Should not have a problem with any of the ramsinks I see for sale, only hand made or possibly those really tall flowers of OCZ. I've seen only pics of the hercules but I'd be REALLY surprised if it were even a hint of a problem. Mine has room to spare.

I have a cpu in my loop with a BIX, maze3, and a hydor L30. I also have probes. I will report back with the actual numbers. But I'd guess about 36C (back core) under load with a 47C CPU in the loop in my 22C room.

I dont have the stock numbers but I do recall the back of the core being extremely hot. Comfortable to touch for most part now. Certainly such a big difference that I feel I wont reap the true benefits until I vmod. It will take a decent amount of V I believe before it will even begin to approach the stock temp.

Jupiler
12-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Got my block today. Really looks nice, and heavy :D
I have the 1/2 fitting version an got 2 meters of 13mm/18mm hose, which fits just nicely over the fitting.
Checked if the ramsinks on my Hercules didn't get in the way, but no probs. Still have about 1cm free space, so you leave the ramsinks on. :)
Gonna install everything in 1-2 days, should have it working by the weekend.

Firelord-OCHW
12-11-2003, 04:53 AM
Nice one mate :) can you let me know how you get on??

Jupiler
12-11-2003, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Firelord-OCHW
Nice one mate :) can you let me know how you get on??

Sure m8, no problem ;)

I'm testing it now (together with Maze3 and Z-chipset block) on eventual leaks (not installed on video/NB/or CPU).
Had a small leak with those 13mm/18mm hoses.
Switched to 12mm and it seems to run OK now. Gonna let it run for a couple of hours for 100% full proof.

Firelord-OCHW
12-11-2003, 07:03 AM
Nice :) Pics would be nice if poss ;) I can host if you need :)

Jupiler
12-11-2003, 07:14 AM
I'll try to take some pics tomorrow or so, when it's installed.
Right now, it's still running outside the system. No leaks yet. :)

Got some hosting space, thx for the offer. ;)

Gamer67
12-11-2003, 07:22 AM
I would have to agree with you Jupiter, the block is pretty heavy. Certainly heavier then the Swifty MCW50-t (probably due to the fact it uses 2 cold plates)

Also the bottom plate is not finished to the same standard as the swifty. You can almost see your reflection in the swifty. The maze looks as if it could use a bit of lapping still.

Another point to make is, the swifty TEC actually (the hot side) makes direct contact with the water, the maze tec is sandwiched between 2 cold plates. not sure how much this will effect the cooling.

I have a brand new Maze 4-1 sitting here but it came missing one of the allen bolts to hold down the plates, so I am just waiting for that to come, then I will slap a 172w tec under her and see what happens. ;)

Jupiler
12-11-2003, 07:27 AM
You're right about that.
The Swifty has a mirror finish, while the DD might need some lapping to get the same result.
Same for the Z-chipset block, needs some lapping.
I lapped my Maze 3 last year, and it looks way better, once nicely lapped.
It just looks like both DD blocks have some "scratches" on them.
Prolly gonna take me some hours tomorrow, before installing them.

Firelord-OCHW
12-11-2003, 08:53 AM
Nice :D

Do you think extra support would be needed to make sure its secure??

When transporting whip the card out to protect it and the AGP slot??

Jupiler
12-11-2003, 09:11 AM
Don't think I'll be transporting it very often.:D
But I think it might be necessary, because the block is pretty heavy. This of course, if you'll be moving your system around a lot, which I won't.
Running almost 4 hours now, no leaks. Looking good.

Firelord-OCHW
12-11-2003, 09:27 AM
I will be moving quite often between home and uni.. Think disconnect the card from the AGP slot wrap is AntiStatic and bubble wrap to keep them ok :)