PDA

View Full Version : TRUE/Corsair H50 vs custom water temps?

shadow of chaos
08-04-2009, 05:35 PM
So i've been searching on google for some info on temp readings at load with different cooling methods.

The only good one i found was at madshrimps testing a few different waterblocks on an i7 but at load the water setups are no more than 4-5c better than a TRUE.

How accurate is that? i'm just wondering as if it's an indicator of true performance i dont see much point of going with water. I know water cooling used to be about 10c ahead from what i remember, i know air cooling has gotten better over the years too but is it that much better to be so close to watercooling?.

Thanks guys

justin.kerr
08-04-2009, 06:16 PM
How does the true compare to this? http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b140/hoss3430/prime-2.jpg

millertime359
08-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Yea, you should link that test. I'm curious if that was a stock clock, OC, idle, full load, what the test loop consisted of, etc.

You will be able to get higher clocks with a custom WC'ing loop, that has been proven here. Your idle temps may not differ much from a true, but a properly setup WC'ing loop should see better load temps than a True.

shadow of chaos
08-05-2009, 01:45 AM
Your idle temps may not differ much from a true, but a properly setup WC'ing loop should see better load temps than a True.

it was over at mad shrimps, ill try to find it again and post back here.

How much better would load temps be with say a PA 120.2 and best block etc?.. with quiet ish fans, as a guide.

millertime359
08-05-2009, 03:00 AM
it was over at mad shrimps, ill try to find it again and post back here.

How much better would load temps be with say a PA 120.2 and best block etc?.. with quiet ish fans, as a guide.

Well, you can take a look at what Kerr linked you. That will give you an idea. Actually, can you link your loop order Kerr? I am guessing you have a dual loop, but what rad/rads are attached to the I7?

justin.kerr
08-05-2009, 04:06 AM
i7 loop, If I remember right, lol goes, pump, XSPC RX360, Feser 120.3, CPU, MCR320-back to pump
Using yate loon medium speed fans, usually running 5v.

shadow of chaos
08-05-2009, 04:39 AM
http://www.walteranderson.com/Images/120mmkit.jpg

Alphacool mountiung plate
Laing DDC 10W pump
XSPC Pump top
XSPC 120mm radiator
D-Tek V1 CPU block

if i made a loop with that stuff but a dual rad.. would temps be almost as good?

or can i make a loop out of the stuff you posted but together like that?