PDA

View Full Version : i need a rest

shadowwind
08-01-2009, 05:53 AM
Well im not up to full speed i got a pair of gts 250s to get working and 1 gtx 260 after fighting to get my cards to work this week im tired out things may look better after my rest hmmm i think im going fishing till my psu come in so my numbers should stay around the 40k mark till then lake Ontario here i come.:D
see ya in a few days,:up:

MikeB12
08-01-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm heading to Edisto Island (Beach) in about an hr for the week. rented a house and checkin is at 3pm. but I'm taking my lappy and the house has a 1.5 dsl line and wireless router.. got all my rigs on logmein so I can monitor them remotely over the net and remote into them. in fact I went through and made sure all the bios's were set to auto power up on after power loss, so I should be good to go. now I can check on them each morning as I watch the sunrise on the beach from the patio drinking coffee and using the lappy in the dawn hours..

good luck fishing on Ontario... I'll be doing some fishing this week, mostly for speckled trout in the pass at the end of the island on popping corks and live shrimp and live mud minnows, or surf fishing for whiting and shark with squid and shrimp with a 2 hook bottom rig from the beach near the house.

shadowwind
08-01-2009, 09:57 AM
sound s good mike i just finished putting the camper on the truck and locked it in the bed got the boat packed checked the radio out on the boat and planer boards and the down riggers and batteries looks like im good to go, takes me about
61/2 hours to get to sodus bay from my house, and my laptop is packed im leaving at 7pm cooler at that time and traffic is a little easier to travel at that tlme. have a good vacation mike i know i will,:up:

Chumbucket843
08-01-2009, 12:09 PM
surf fishing is good on sullivans island too. my fav spot is behind IOP ive caught a lot of spot tail back there.

MikeB12
08-04-2009, 09:34 PM
wow, so you're right down the road from me Chum.. well, about 60 miles (walterboro). I have to go to MUSC for a blood lab this morning, so I'll be leaving the beach house for a bit. then I have a preop appt on friday for my hernia repair surgery on tues. so I think I'm gonna pack up and head back to walterboro either today after the blood labs or tomorrrow night (Thurs).

The fishing really hasn't been that great, mostly I've been doing it to entertain my nephew. We've caught some sharks and rays in the surf, and a couple redfish (all under the slot). no whiting or croaker. BUT, the shrimp are in full force in the creeks. I had to teach my nephew how to throw the cast net, and that's probably the most fun he's had after he got the hang of it. except for when he didn't tie it on is wrist good and threw the whole thing in the water, and I made him go in after it. LOL! We had enough to boil up yesterday, I think around 3-4lbs of boiling size. probably about 40 ct size.

he also hooked a good size speck (guestimating about 2-3lbs), but it spit the hook as he was lifting it without a net. and like I told him, the ones that get away dont count. HA!

anyway, I probably need to call it a week and not get all burnt to a crsip and worn out before my surgery. It's gonna be a open abdominal with a mesh, not a larascopic. old scar tissue from my liver/kidney transplant 2 years ago is separating-ventral incisional hernia about 3". so they told me to stay in good health before hand, I'll probably be in for a couple days afterwards. and on some pretty good pain meds for a week. so if you see me posting loopy next week you'll know why. :D

PoppaGeek
08-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Good luck Mike, will be thinking about ya and praying for a fast and full recovery!:up:

:toast:

shadowwind
08-09-2009, 05:44 AM
Good luck Mike, will be thinking about ya and praying for a fast and full recovery!:up:

:toast:

:up::up:

MikeB12
08-09-2009, 06:11 AM
yup, I passed the preop testing on fri, so it's on for tues morning. gotta be there at 6:45am. should be a pretty simple surgery. it's to repair a incisional ventral hernia that's opened up in the abdominal scar tissue from the liver transplant 2 yrs ago. it's actually been there for about 8 months, but is slowing opening more and more, so it's about 3" right along the scar tissue. they want to go ahead and fix it before it gets too big. it'll be an open abdominal hernia repair with mesh; I was hoping for a larascopic, but they said it's not possible on these old incisional type hernia because they have to look at it and remove some of the old weak scar tissue before patching it. anyway, the doc is saying he's only gonna keep me overnight, so hopefully I'll be back home on wed. but you know how these things go, I never trust them when they say that. I've done that before and sat there 3 days waiting to get out of jail. any little unexpected turn of events like a slight fever or whatever and they hold you until he11 freezes over. LOL

I dont expect it to be a big deal. it's just gonna be about a 2 hr open abdominal surgery, followed by a night inpatient for observation if everything goes as planned. The surgery thing really hasn't had e worried. What has had me worried more than anything is they had to switch up my antirejection meds for a month before/after the surgery, because one of the meds causes slow wound healing. the one they replaced it with is nephrotoxic, which means it's bad for the kidney. They cant just stop the antirejection meds, becuae my transplanted liver and kidney need the immunosuppression to prevent rejection. but the med they replaced is nephrotoxic so it's screwing wity my one kidney pretty bad. I've only been on it for a month and my creatnine has already gone from 1.4 to 2.2,, and I still have a month to go before they switch it back to my old stuff which has been working great for 2 yrs. the part that has me worried is I hope the CR doesn't hit 3 in the next month, because if it does they'll start talking dialysis again, and that sh1t sucks. the med change is just to get me through this surgery and let it heal, once it heals I can go back to my old immuno regimen and the kidney function will return to normal. my fear is that the creatnine will go to high before the surgery heals, and they stick another dialysis catheter in me and make me do those dam dialysis clinics again like I did before transpalnt 2 yrs ago. but I cant go back to my old immuno meds until the surgery heals, so it'll just be a let them watch it in blood labs twice a week for the next month and hope the CR doesn't go over 3, and I can stop this nasty nephro drug and go back to normal on my own. the surgery is nothing to me, it's the immuno drug change nephrotixic side effect thing that has me nervous; I would love to stop taking that thing, but they wont let me switch back to my preferred antirejection meds until the surgery incision heals up and closes on it's own.

once you're a transplant recipient, everything tuens into a drama at the dr's office, even simple things. I wish it wasn't, but I dont have too much control over it except to comply to their orders.. or get labeled a noncompliant, which goes on my record and counts against me if transplant committee ever has to decide to give me another kidney if this one fails. so I do what I'm told. it is what it is.

shadowwind
08-09-2009, 08:05 AM
mike do what they tell ya to do i really like having you around:up: and i know that operation is going to go well for you so i wish you a speedy recovery.:up: as for the pain meds good lord i have a hard time typing sober or drunk:rofl:

DAK1640
08-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Mike, Me & Da Goose wish you well & speedy recovery. :up:

coo-coo-clocker
08-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Mike, Me & Da Goose wish you well & speedy recovery. :up:

+1

Hope everything is SMOOOOOTH! :yepp:

MikeB12
08-15-2009, 01:25 PM
I know some of yall knew I had a hernia repair on tues this past week, so here's an update. for those who didn't, it was a incisional ventral hernia where the old liver transplant scar tissue had herniated or come apart in the past year.

welp, made it back home on thursday night. but I've been a little out of it until today. he ended up finding 4 separate places along the old liver transplant scar that had herniated, so he cut it away and patched the whole thing with a 4x6" mesh and sewed me back up. but man o man was I hurtin tues after surgery, I couldn't even move out of bed until wed. I tried to sit up on the side of the bed and almost passed out tues night on the other side of a train of cuss words. they kept me on 1mg IV Dilaudid every 2 hrs all day tuesday, the 2mg IV morphine every 2 hrs tues night until wed afternoon. then I got weened down to 10 mg oxycodone every 4 hrs until I was discharged on Thurs afternoon. and they sent me home with 10mg Lortabs every 6 hrs. The pain got better wed and I was able to sit and then stand, and by thurs I was walking in the hall. and that's about the time they figure you're good to go if there's no complications. and there wasn't. so he sent me home thurs afternoon. I have a followup at the surgeon's office monday, but ti's just routine stuff. everything is going down without a hitch.

now 4 days later, I'm down to just taking the lortabs in the morning, afternoon, and before bed. bymonday I plan on being down to morning only and then finished with the pain meds by wed. that way only 7 days of opiate pain meds wont produce any heavy withdrawal symptoms.

and this is what I'm left with 4.5 days after surgery (tonight). There's a lot of bruising, so I'm sure he did some roto-rooting in there, I hope I never see the video. :rofl: can you imagine what these surgeons do behind the OR door, I could never crank on someone like that, I'd get grossed out...

http://www.scootplace.net/temp/hernia.jpg

PoppaGeek
08-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Glad ya got thru it and are back here with us! Does not sound like it was much fun but should be but a memory soon!:up::up:

shadowwind
08-15-2009, 02:48 PM
good lord mike im a little squeamish when it comes to those metal staples any thing else i can handle but those things no way. im glad it went well for you:up:

Gamekiller
08-15-2009, 03:36 PM
That picture is pretty epic Mike! The worst part of staples is taking them out.
Glad you're doing well!

OldChap
08-15-2009, 04:13 PM
I would have expected them to use the "single stitch" method (maybe twice)...man those aren't even even.....Glad to hear you're on the mend Mike

road-runner
08-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Glad everything went well Mike, welcome back... :up:

MikeB12
08-15-2009, 06:39 PM
thanks yall.. staples aren't bad, I like them better than stitiches, unless they try to take them out too early or they are too tight. if they do them right, then they loosen up as the wound heals and some even fall out on their own. I had about 100 or so staples after the transplants, and quite afew fell out on their own or I took them out with some wiggling as they loosened up and started itching as the little holes healed. it's pretty easy with a pair of hemostats, just insert the tip into the little gap and open the jaws slowly and it spreads the staple and it slides right out. kinda like a paper staple remover works. I bet a par of snap ring needle nose pliers would work great.

stitches aren't bad either, but last time I had those removed, the nurse kept grabbing skin with the tip of the scissors as she tried to cut each one.. so maybe that was a bad experience, but I had a pretty good experience with all those staples from transplant in comparison. course I guess it all dpends on who removes them, some nurses might gorilla them out. ouch.

btw: the scar is so crooked because he went along the old transplant scar instead of giving me a brand new 8" scar. which makes sense anyway because the hernia was along the old scar tissue from the transplant surgery incision.