PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA Control Panel Feature: Manage 3D Settings à Power Management Mode

Naja002
07-31-2009, 08:05 PM
NVIDIA Control Panel Feature: Manage 3D Settings à Power Management Mode (http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2441)

This feature is available only on select GeForce 9 Series and above GPUs that support multiple performance levels (idle, 3D, etc) and applies only to DirectX and OpenGL-based applications running under Windows Vista and above.

shadowwind
08-30-2009, 03:25 AM
NVIDIA Control Panel Feature: Manage 3D Settings à Power Management Mode (http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2441)

i tried this out it did not help any till i went to program setting and added bionic to it so far the wu is at 77% i never got that far into a work unit it all ways errored out at 33% or 40% i hope it works and finishes 1 work unit,:)

i will update you all if it works or fails so far it is looking good,

Naja002
08-30-2009, 06:11 AM
i tried this out it did not help any till i went to program setting and added bionic to it,

:confused: Have ya got a road map? :confused:

shadowwind
08-30-2009, 07:13 AM
:confused: Have ya got a road map? :confused:

:rofl: yup as for the 3 gts 285s they are in New Jersey. as for the 260 working it made it to 85% and errored out. im trying the 185.86 drivers now i lost the new control panel so i needed riva tuner for the performance 3D mode the error i got was it could not open file. my 3 new cards should be here tuesday so im going to play with this card for a bit then put it back in the wife computer she can have it, i dont ever want to see that card again i should of sold that card all so.:down:

Naja002
08-30-2009, 07:38 AM
:rofl: yup as for the 3 gts 285s they are in New Jersey. as for the 260 working it made it to 85% and errored out. im trying the 185.86 drivers now i lost the new control panel so i needed riva tuner for the performance 3D mode the error i got was it could not open file. my 3 new cards should be here tuesday so im going to play with this card for a bit then put it back in the wife computer she can have it, i dont ever want to see that card again i should of sold that card all so.:down:

No, no, no....:D A road map to "program setting" in order to "add Bonic to it".

shadowwind
08-30-2009, 08:22 AM
in your link manage 3D setting is all ready open next to global setting is program setting click on that then click on add and open C drive i have bionic on the C drive not in programs open folder for the gpugrid and add acmed_6.67_intelx86_cuda and add to 3D setting and it should be fine i haven't played with the other setting down below yet, make sure you put bionic in snooze or you will error out applying those setting.

i hope this helps and is what your looking for.so far im not convinced this is the way to go but it is getting me closer to a finished wu than i ever got to before,:)

shadowwind
08-30-2009, 08:36 AM
No, no, no....:D A road map to "program setting" in order to "add Bonic to it".

i knew what you wanted but i like to play around,:D
but really im not sure this is the way to go if some thing happen to this card it wouldn't bother me. and im going to do a bios flash to this card all so later on if this doesn't work, i have time to play till my new cards come in.;)

Naja002
08-30-2009, 09:01 AM
in your link manage 3D setting is all ready open next to global setting is program setting click on that then click on add and open C drive i have bionic on the C drive not in programs open folder for the gpugrid and add acmed_6.67_intelx86_cuda and add to 3D setting and it should be fine i haven't played with the other setting down below yet, make sure you put bionic in snooze or you will error out applying those setting.

i hope this helps and is what your looking for.so far im not convinced this is the way to go but it is getting me closer to a finished wu than i ever got to before,:)

Man you're confusing......

Ok, I went to the nvidia control panel....found the programs tab....clicked add. Added Boinc.exe. Then added the GPUgrid acemd..etc...then down in "vertical sync" changed that to Force On.

Is that what you are talking about?

shadowwind
08-30-2009, 09:22 AM
yup that,s it and in your main box it should say acemd_6.67windows_intelx86_cuda.

writing thing out isn't my thing give me a blue print and i can
make it out of wood or steel . that's why im glad poppa is helping me out on the exhaust project,:up:

Naja002
08-30-2009, 09:35 AM
yup that,s it and in your main box it should say acemd_6.67windows_intelx86_cuda.

writing thing out isn't my thing give me a blue print and i can
make it out of wood or steel . that's why im glad poppa is helping me out on the exhaust project,:up:

That's cool....just tough to follow. :up:

So we have:

Nvidia Control Panel>Manage 3D Settings>Program Settings>ADD button>Navigate to (in Vista) Programdata>Boinc>Projects>Gpugrid>acmed_6.67_intelx86_cuda (which ever 1 you are running--2.3 for 190.xx drivers)>Open>then down to "Vertical sync"> Force On>Apply

It hasn't caused any errors yet, so I'm going to leave it for now. I'll report back if everything turns to crap....

shadowwind
08-30-2009, 09:49 AM
that's it, i all so just enabled antialasing mode to override any application setting to see if that helps any.

i got wcg turned off so i can play with this program its a lot easier to see whats going on.

shadowwind
08-30-2009, 07:02 PM
i finished my first work unit,now im feeling better just wish i didn't sell my other 260s good lord im my own worst enemy,

:woot::banana3::party3::party::cheer::cheer::cheer ::YIPPIE:

i will post what i did tomorrow afternoon i need to go to bed
i got to get up at 4am.

shadowwind
08-30-2009, 07:07 PM
naja i will pm you tomorrow and tell you what i did in the bottom panel i played with a lot of setting to get it to work,

PoppaGeek
08-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Congrats! :up:

I doubt you will be disappointed in the 285s.

shadowwind
08-31-2009, 10:43 AM
I got 1 good wu and the rest failed today, so im going to try some thing else out before before i flash this card, weird thing is. this card is not throttling down to 2D. it just errors out, so i got know clue what is going on.:shrug: