PDA

View Full Version : buying new laptop and need help asap.

mufasis
07-28-2009, 10:50 PM
i need to get a new laptop in the next few days asap. i cant decide what i want and im almost sure that i will be getting an apple macbook pro. i was also looking at sager. im still stuck as i love apples quality but the specs could be better for the money. i also like osx as its built on unix/bsd and i can dual boot xp with the intel mac. please give me some opinions or other options.

-ryan

SoulsCollective
07-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Budget? Any needed apps? Size constraints? Concerns re battery life?

mufasis
07-28-2009, 11:07 PM
budget is 2500 max, its gonna be used for school/work, im study engineering so it needs to be able to run adobe cs4, 3d studio max, cad programs, video editing. also going to use it for tuning cars. i do have a desktop rig that i built but my psu blew up so im waiting for the company to send me a new one.

mufasis
07-28-2009, 11:49 PM
i guess its down to the sager 9280, 5797 or the apple

SoulsCollective
07-29-2009, 06:26 AM
Size constraints? Need for especially good battery life, or is this going to be a desktop replacement?

diredesire
07-29-2009, 09:35 AM
So you say you are "almost sure" you will be getting a MBP, is OSX important to you? Besides the hardware/$ (which is always going to be somewhat of an issue), what else is holding you back? If you like OSX, and prefer it to dinking around in linux, just go for it, you will likely be happier along the way. You might not be as happy when working in CAD, but I think you'll live.

(My POV is: If you want to have OSX available, hackintoshing is a huge pain in the ass)

topdog5050
08-28-2009, 02:05 PM
lol at diredesire.