PDA

View Full Version : Struggling

OldChap
07-28-2009, 02:03 PM
They say a picture paints a thousand words

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9827/allerror.th.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=allerror.jpg)

Tried lots of different drivers and Driver Sweeper and just to put things in perspective just now my desktop screen is actually on the gpu in slot 2 not the primary slot????

You can see that even though I have used riva to lock onto performance 3d there seems no rhyme nor reason to the length of time this will run before crapping out all drivers do it.

Grid seems to give me a new set of work every time I change drivers too

I'm kinda hoping that cuda 2.2 etc might solve this for me but I'm not holding my breath

Yet my 98 card in my xp rig is chugging away nicely

shadowwind
07-28-2009, 02:42 PM
OC i know the feeling i got one good work unit out last night and all day today
its error out at the 35% mark right now it made it to 43% so im crossing my fingers. what ever i did might be working .

PoppaGeek
07-28-2009, 02:46 PM
I feel for ya OC. Lots of time and electricity wasted, very frustrating. I had planed on getting another 260 but Newegg has some killer combo deals and I am wary of trying to get all things working again with update. My heart is WCG and I want another 4 cores so I may do that and let others figure out the new software. Although it seems to be different fixes for different people.

I will find a new driver that my game likes and if GPUGrid likes it fine it not the 260 will site idle.

Good luck OC. :toast:

PoppaGeek
07-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Shadow, does it work ok for you on some cards and not others like OC?

DAK1640
07-28-2009, 03:38 PM
The new 190.xx drivers killed my Vista PC with a 260 crunching. Damn vista

shadowwind
07-28-2009, 03:55 PM
wow that sucks Dak im not liking that 190.xx driver. did it just kill the drive erorring out or every thing.

poppa the gts250s are good or was,im trying to find the second 260 a home i got 3 computers down i will find one that will work i got it now on xp64 and it is working 3 1/2 hours to go. and we will find out.

DAK1640
07-28-2009, 05:11 PM
The 190's kept my Vista PC from allowing me to log on. The display went blank and I had to boot in sfae mode to roll back the driver. I tried 2X to get the 190's to work...No go...I will try on a Win7 rig tomorrow...Damn Vista...

shadowwind
07-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Woot i got both gtx 260s running about time but one draw back i couldnt get them to play nice together so now i need to get another ausus amd nvidia chipset board with 3 pci-e slots for my gts 250s and a 850 watt psu so im setting up a micro atx board and a gts 250 for now.

im thinking either its the 190.xx driver is bad or its the gpugrid that's causing the throttling down 2D i wish i could back it up but for some reason my cards like the older drivers and i dont need rivatuner to run my cards weird isn't it.

OldChap
07-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Just 2 complete today ...lots of short/medium runtime errors...the last got to within a couple of mins of finishing then crapped out....the next one that does that I'm stopping grid on vista....I've just run out of ideas. I cannot see what is triggering the driverfailure on every driver I've tried.....I just hope that the cuda 2.2 works

Is there any good test of the whole video subsystem I have to say I've never messed with voltages etc for pcie Has ANYone got Ideas I can try??? (not desperate honest)

shadowwind
07-29-2009, 12:00 PM
i wish i could help you out OC i did do a volt mod on a gts 250 from here in the forums but it never did solve the problem of that card kicking down to 2D. I just put that card into a micro atx setup and win 7 and its liking the 190.xx drivers weird but true, some thing is wrong and the thing is it doesnt happen to all the cards only a few are they bad cards nope they work they just dont like what they are seeing i guess.