PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Battery Help

ExodusC
07-26-2009, 02:49 AM
Hey guys. I've got an Acer Aspire 6930 laptop. Unfortunately, due to Acer's poor battery design, I'm stuck on a 6-cell battery no matter what I do. I've been looking to buy another battery, as mine gets poor battery life (about two hours if I'm using WiFi). The stock battery has 4400maH cells. I looked around, and found a new battery that I believe is compatible on eBay. This battery is also a 6-cell, but it has 5200maH cells. I've heard going up in maH is always a good thing, I assume I'll get longer life on this battery.

Am I correct in this supposition? Either way, I'd like to get another battery so I can have two.

Martijn
07-26-2009, 04:12 AM
Yes you are. However, you might run into compatibility issues. I had two Dell Inspiron laptops (different models) that used a different, but identical looking battery. The newer 6600 battery would discharge just fine in the 6000, but the 6000 wouldn't charge it, I could only do that in the 6600.

ExodusC
07-26-2009, 07:26 AM
Well, according to the seller's notes, this is a replacement part for quite a few Acer batteries, and my part number was on the list.

I suppose I could give it a shot. I'd like to have a battery that will last a little longer.

Martijn
07-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Then I'd say you'll be fine. :up: