PDA

View Full Version : Quietest reliable pump?

kgk
07-25-2009, 08:26 AM
I have a Laing DDC-1 Plus T (model name is different here, but it's the top one) and it isn't as quiet as my old D5, although the performance is great.

I'm going to be rebuilding the watercooling in a Mozart TX and have the extra room for larger pumps so I was curious if anyone has any experience with the larger pumps and how they compare in noise/performance and whether it's a decent tradeoff if space isn't an issue.

Waterlogged
07-25-2009, 08:40 AM
If it's the 18W version, you can desolder a connection on the PCB to make it a 10W (or is it 9w?) version.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8248/soldermod.jpg

Maxspam
07-25-2009, 01:26 PM
I have a Laing DDC-1 Plus T (model name is different here, but it's the top one) and it isn't as quiet as my old D5, although the performance is great.

I'm going to be rebuilding the watercooling in a Mozart TX and have the extra room for larger pumps so I was curious if anyone has any experience with the larger pumps and how they compare in noise/performance and whether it's a decent tradeoff if space isn't an issue.
My mcp655 vario is completely silent at full speed
I cant even hear it over my 3 yate loons

iandh
07-25-2009, 02:02 PM
If you can get ahold of a CPX-PRO or have it imported, that may be a good option. :up:

Scubar
07-25-2009, 02:37 PM
the Aqua Computer Pumps are very quiet and reliable. Also the MCP 655 on lower settings are very quiet and relaible. the MCP 355 is also very quiet when its mounted properly I cant hear either of mine over the fans in the case.