PDA

View Full Version : XS HWBot Team

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Don_Dan
12-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Anyone want to bet who is going to get this trophy? :D

I knew it would be Kingpin, and it looks like I was right! :D
When he took all the 5870 records he made a good start for rev 3.

Massman, awake at 4:45AM.... Get some sleep man! :)
RB and you have done great work, I love the new revision! :up:

I just made a submission, check out that global rank! (http://hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=936160) :D

Hondacity
12-30-2009, 11:05 PM
hahah 1st of 2..lol

woooot now its time to get some ati5xxx lovin....will be a long time..

woot more hardwarepoints :D

kingpin is rockin ..wooot

Don_Dan
12-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Me too! Especially on PCMark05 :confused:

PCMark 05 is ranked by cores now, so I guess there are only a few entries for every category, be it 1x, 2x etc.

hahah 1st of 2..lol

woooot now its time to get some ati5xxx lovin....will be a long time..

woot more hardwarepoints :D

kingpin is rockin ..wooot

Damn, I have been pushed down to 2nd. :rofl:

Only 430 points to go to Top 10 in the team rankings! :up:

What I'm missing is the function that you could look at your team mates' scores, which was under "My Team"/"Team profile" before. Plus the team rankings for every benchmark.

\/ENDE][A
12-30-2009, 11:23 PM
I justed checked in at HWBot to see what damage Rev3 has done and was really p**ssed off. Not only lost lots of points but after working my ass off to get HWMaster award thats gone too. Seems to me like it only rewards the big guns and the little guys get screwed. I`m wondering if its even worth bothering anymore.

Hondacity
12-30-2009, 11:27 PM
i saw the pcmark runs by jor...weird scoring...

..lets bug the hardworking waffles after they wake up :)

Don_Dan
12-30-2009, 11:38 PM
[A;4177628']I justed checked in at HWBot to see what damage Rev3 has done and was really p**ssed off. Not only lost lots of points but after working my ass off to get HWMaster award thats gone too. Seems to me like it only rewards the big guns and the little guys get screwed. I`m wondering if its even worth bothering anymore.

Hm, many hardware grinders in Germany are thinking the same... :-/
Please don't quit, the new revision doesn't favour someone benching unpopular hardware, that's what made you lose so many points. I lost >30 points as well, because most submissions that were worth 1 or 2 points in rev 2 are now down to 0.1.
You can gain a lot more points than before by placing top 5 in popular categories, but these will be dominated by extreme cooling guys very soon, I'm afraid.
Maybe focus on 01 for now, at least Clarkdale won't beat your scores with E8600.

thijs
12-31-2009, 01:27 AM
LoL , i went up from about 115 to 195 points , especially my 5.4ghz 920 score went up from like 9 to like 33. sick

Linuxfan
12-31-2009, 07:50 AM
[A;4177628']I justed checked in at HWBot to see what damage Rev3 has done and was really p**ssed off. Not only lost lots of points but after working my ass off to get HWMaster award thats gone too. Seems to me like it only rewards the big guns and the little guys get screwed. I`m wondering if its even worth bothering anymore.
With the new scoring its a different game now. :eek:
I lost about 80 boints and went from 3rd in our team to 7th... Time to change my strategy! :yepp:
Keep on benching man, you're doing great! :up:

Jor3lBR
12-31-2009, 07:57 AM

True I was aiming the Hardware Junkie with 50 gold cups but now I dunno if it's worth it. I wonder what will be the replacement for those achievements.

Don't quit VENDETTA!

i saw the pcmark runs by jor...weird scoring...

..lets bug the hardworking waffles after they wake up :)

It's pretty sad almost on top 20 globally and getting miserable global or none. Quote HWbot "PCMark 2005 4x CPU rank: 27th out of 842, but no points as his 2x CPU submission earns more points. "

I busted my a.. off to get to top global on a 4x cpu and now I get no points for it because x2 is the king now...

Like Linux said time to change strategy... ;)

bazx
12-31-2009, 08:41 AM
just been looking on hwbot and you as a team only need 700pts to move 4x places up the rankings

mk-ultra
12-31-2009, 09:31 AM
it's said that there will be more achievements in the future

Don_Dan
12-31-2009, 09:33 AM
just been looking on hwbot and you as a team only need 700pts to move 4x places up the rankings

True, but getting 700 points is not that easy! ;)

Happy New Year to everyone! See you next year! :D

chew*
12-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Studying the score algorithym. I see alot of stuff I didn't bench before and have no results for worth some points. Will get to it in the next few weeks :)

[XC] gomeler
12-31-2009, 10:50 AM

Search around, 1 person can get 700 points with 2 cards for $200 with the new algorithm.

bazx
12-31-2009, 11:09 AM

i have followed this thread from the beginning and i think that the team here work well together

700pts will not be so hard

chew*
12-31-2009, 11:53 AM
gomeler;4178216']Search around, 1 person can get 700 points with 2 cards for $200 with the new algorithm.

Ok i'll bite I've already spent over an hour and yet to find the magical $200 700 point cards.

According to bot this was supposed to go by popularity make the 8800 the most pupular with over 800 submissions and its worth crap for points.

So far i see the 5870 leading the pack for points....show me where i can get 2 for $200 :D

[XC] gomeler
12-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Ok, not 700 points, 670 points. Found both cards on ebay for a grand total of $172.

"There is no spoon" or "Think outside the box" or "insert witty comment" ;)

chew*
12-31-2009, 01:43 PM
gomeler;4178326']Ok, not 700 points, 670 points. Found both cards on ebay for a grand total of $172.

"There is no spoon" or "Think outside the box" or "insert witty comment" ;)

thats nice and all but i'm obviously not seeing what your seeing.

What i am seeing is the 8800GTX has alot of points but no where near 700 in fact multi card is worth crap, not available on egg, and I prefer not to buy abused items off ebay.

massman
01-01-2010, 06:17 AM
5870 and 8800GTX, I think. One for global, one for hardware.

There's a :banana::banana::banana::banana:load of competition in those categories, though ... the card's got boint-potential, but you'll have to go the extra mile for sure.

Don_Dan
01-01-2010, 06:19 AM
i have followed this thread from the beginning and i think that the team here work well together

700pts will not be so hard

Thanks a lot, I think we will still give our best, we'll see what we'll be able to achieve this year. :)

Big props to the team for pushing MaxxMem, we should have the highest team average by now.

I have no idea what Chiller did to get almost 5000 points, this is ridiculous. :shakes:

Edit: Massman, maybe you read this, will you make community rankings for every benchmark in the new revision? That's something I liked a lot in rev 2, please bring it back!

massman
01-01-2010, 06:25 AM
- Score of Chiller is weird for sure: Latency result is 3x too low. Either bug or issue, lucky the benchmark is still in testing phase

- Community ranking for every benchmark has been requeste by me even before launch of Rev3. Didn't make it, but will be added for sure!

Don_Dan
01-01-2010, 06:33 AM
- Score of Chiller is weird for sure: Latency result is 3x too low. Either bug or issue, lucky the benchmark is still in testing phase

- Community ranking for every benchmark has been requeste by me even before launch of Rev3. Didn't make it, but will be added for sure!

11ns latency is just crazy, it's the same thing that happened to Everest when i7 was launched if I recall correctly. It's possible that the same bug is apparent with Gulftown, too bad there are no other results made with Gulftown yet.

Thanks for the community rankings, I'm looking forward to them! :up:

massman
01-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Let's hope the bug isn't due to the usage of Gulftown as that would make it necessary to use new versions when a new technology is released. Wprime experience proves that to be complicated.

Don_Dan
01-01-2010, 07:16 AM
Hardware points have been recalculated based on a new algorithm, bench hard guys, now we need 400 points to rise 4 places! :up:

Okay, points have been recalculated yet again, 200 points to 9th rank in the team rankings.

Linuxfan
01-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Hardware points have been recalculated based on a new algorithm, bench hard guys, now we need 400 points to rise 4 places! :up:

Okay, points have been recalculated yet again, 200 points to 9th rank in the team rankings.
Just noticed that too! We are at 11k now. :D

I have been researching and figuring out which hardware I need to bench next... :up:
Rev 3 did change a lot of things but I like the new theme and will get used to the new ranking system. :)

Edit: Only my hardware points changed... how is everything ranked now?

tiborrr
01-02-2010, 05:35 AM
alibabar, our GPU king, just confirmed to me that he is quitting the hwbot. He lost over 1000 points and 4 rankings. Many of his multicard benchies, made on a chiller and with CPU under single-stager, are now worth closely to 0 points. Perhaps you fail to realize how much work is involved in dual-card subzero benching, especially with ancient cards such as X1950Pro which can, in some cases, only be overclocked via BIOS editing.

Another good HW grinder, Matti, also announced he is done with hwbot.

I have to add I don't like hwbot staff's attitude towards users. Especially with your doctrine "If you don't like it, stop using it". There are 30.000+ users and I'm pretty sure there is a vast majority that doesn't like this new point system.

Make a pool and ask people what they think about it, I dare you! :up:

P.S.: Yes, I gained over 400 points in hwmaster category, jumping from 20th to 11th. But that's not the point. I'm just stating facts.

massman
01-02-2010, 05:51 AM
Do note that there was a problem with multi-GPU calculation to begin with. In Rev2, the weight of the SLI/CF category was calculated based on the popularity of the entire hardware category, so including the single GPU results. This was not in the design plan and a long-uncovered coding bug, which has been added to the Rev3 fix.

There's no such doctrine, although you can obviously make people believe there is. All what has been said is: "The new revision has only been up for 24h, so analysing the game before having even played it leads to conclusions based on assumptions based on other people's assumptions. If you can not live with the revision entirely, there's always the option just to leave HWBOT. If you want to provide feedback based on thorough inspection, play the game, analyse the flaw and provide the feedback".

dinos22
01-02-2010, 06:04 AM
lol sounds the same as tiborr's statement to me hehehe ... it's not that hard to see where Rev3 is going........you dont have to "use" it for a year to see if it suits you lol :p:

I think you should start dealing with individual cases and explain to them with a practical example or two why they made their mind up wrong rather than post a comment like that....which could be seen as insulting imo

massman
01-02-2010, 06:16 AM
My statement has the premise 'unwilling to try out the new revision' included whereas Tiborrr draws the picture that this premise isn't present. The key difference is that my statement doesn't contain a "GFY"-component, whereas Tiborrr suggests there is.

No one has ever said that there's nothing to improve or to adjust, however complains such as "this rev sucks because I lost points" helps literally no one. It's irritating for the user who complains and not useful for us either.

\/ENDE][A
01-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Anyone having trouble going to HWBot. Been tryin to get on all day. Just keeps telling me all links are broken.

massman
01-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Updating physical server at the moment.

\/ENDE][A
01-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Ok, thanks. Any idea how long before Its up and running again?

massman
01-02-2010, 08:30 AM
I have no ETA, RB is doing the change at the datacenter.

TRG
01-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Lot's of changes in rev3. Positive for me, but I feel sad for someone like alibabar, losing all that 'work' is just depressing. I applause the hwbot team in optimizing the boints concept and daring to innovate. I also agree with awarding popular hardware more, but it automatically means that un-popular hardware is less interesting to work with and hence will also never become popular anymore.....

The extra weight-factor for popular hardware could also be something like a multiplier applied on the rev2 system, therefore keeping boints like it is and increasing output for people picking popular hardware? I have lots of old stuff laying around that wants to be benched, but running SuperPI32M and wPrime1024M on a heavily overclocked Pentium 3 system is now an investement of 5-8 hours of work ( of course including some almost completed benches, common case when searching the limits ) for 0.2 boints? Even on the popular Pentium 3 hardware not everbody is benching SuperPI32M and wPrime1024M because they take over 1.5 hours to complete, hence resulting in even less boints.

Just my first observations.

Don_Dan
01-03-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm sure there will be some changes to rev 3, but in general I like what rev 3 means for an average overclocker. Now you can get some points on air cooling, which was almost impossible before.
The people that are complaining now were just getting too used to benching rare stuff without any competition and getting rewarded for it. In my opinion, this is not what benching should be about, the value of a score can only be estimated if you have a basis for comparison.
The only problem I see is that categories which aren't popular now won't get popular in the future, sure, regular competitions will changed that, but you can't make as many competitions as there are different P3s for example.
The system should be changed to award points for the first five ranks, so that cups are a bit more valuable than 0,1 points. Something like 1.5, 1.1, 0.8, 0.6, 0.4 and regardless of how many entries this should be the same until there are 10 or 15 or maybe even 20 entries, then you can start awarding points based on the new algorithm.

Such a long post, while the only thing I wanted to say to the team was: BENCH!!!! We're 43 points behind i4memory! :yepp:
Let's make it happen and enter Top 10 of the team rankings! :up:

massman
01-03-2010, 10:02 AM
until there are 10 or 15 or maybe even 20 entries, then you can start awarding points based on the new algorithm.

Damn, do you have acces to the secure discussion thread on HWBOT? :p:

Jor3lBR
01-03-2010, 10:09 AM

Or some rewards/achievements/points for users that can get most gold cups using a type of cpu (quad cores) :p:

Don_Dan
01-03-2010, 02:08 PM

I'm afraid I just spend too much time on this hobby... ;)

It's time for an update again:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6485/topscoresjanuary3rd.jpg

At first, \/ENDE][A and me ( ^^ ) pushing a Geforce 8800 GTS 320 and a 8800 GT 512 respectively, both of us earning some points. :)
Elano is still running his Q9650 and manages to score a big 28k in PCMark 05, thus setting a new WR for this CPU, earning more than 9 global points and almost 6 hardware points. Good work! :up:
_Datura_, our P3 grinder, is working on a P3 1.266GHz now, already setting a new WR for this CPU in 1M and CPU-Z. :up:
Then there is thebluemeanie1, who is running his Q9650 @ 4725MHz under water, scoring 10min 31s in 32M and almost 29k in 3DMark 05 with a 9800 GTX at 850/1250MHz.

We're at 11237 now, i4memory has 11260 points, keep pushing guys, we're really close to entering Top 10! :up:

PS: I also ran MaxxMem at my 3D settings and I think this is the new record for DDR2.... :D

Linuxfan
01-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the update Don_Dan! Love to see everybody working hard getting nice hardware boints with REV3!
I can studied it a little and know how I can pick up a few nice hardware points... just gotta get the hardware now! :)
We can get the in the top 10! :up:

chew*
01-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the update Don_Dan! Love to see everybody working hard getting nice hardware boints with REV3!
I can studied it a little and know how I can pick up a few nice hardware points... just gotta get the hardware now! :)
We can get the in the top 10! :up:

Hmm I already made a to do list for the team 3d wise....

I will make another concerning 2d when I have time but.....that will take a while.

Jor3lBR
01-03-2010, 02:52 PM

Hmm I already made a to do list for the team 3d wise....

I will make another concerning 2d when I have time but.....that will take a while.

I would love to receive those chew, I'm not sure why but I can't seam to find my way to the closed XS Team forum...

thijs
01-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Im waiting for the 5870 lightning to do some proper damage :D , already fiddled about with my 5770 , ran @ 1080mhz core and 1350mhz mem and beat the GPU score of the number one, didnt really check out LOD yet, cant seem to find any info about it with vantage, i thought you could gain a few hunderd points with it? anyhow, when i have LN2 again, i will put my cpu under cold, gpu under cold, and get some 1200mhz core speeds going :D going to invest more time in 3dmark05, see if i can prepare myself for that benchmark, so at benchday i can improve my 06 / vantage, and check out 3dmark05 and perhaps some 03 / aqua for the points! :up:

\/ENDE][A
01-03-2010, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=Don_Dan;4182314]I'm afraid I just spend too much time on this hobby... ;)

Can you think of a better hobby:D
I would have a lot more scores but, i`ve been sent the wrong board again. Some mix up in the warehouse with order codes. Hopefully will get right board later this week(third time lucky). Also i really need to start volt moddin` my cards, getting beat a lot by modded cards. Gonna pick up a soldering iron this week and give it a try.

\/ENDE][A
01-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Im waiting for the 5870 lightning to do some proper damage :D , already fiddled about with my 5770 , ran @ 1080mhz core and 1350mhz mem and beat the GPU score of the number one, didnt really check out LOD yet, cant seem to find any info about it with vantage, i thought you could gain a few hunderd points with it? anyhow, when i have LN2 again, i will put my cpu under cold, gpu under cold, and get some 1200mhz core speeds going :D going to invest more time in 3dmark05, see if i can prepare myself for that benchmark, so at benchday i can improve my 06 / vantage, and check out 3dmark05 and perhaps some 03 / aqua for the points! :up:

From what i`ve heard and read LOD doesn`t work in Vantage.

Don_Dan
01-04-2010, 12:12 PM

Forget about using LOD in Vantage, a wise man once said "high card clocks are king in this benchmark"! ;)
Make sure you have a nice LOD value for 03 though! :up:

[A;4182371']Can you think of a better hobby:D
I would have a lot more scores but, i`ve been sent the wrong board again. Some mix up in the warehouse with order codes. Hopefully will get right board later this week(third time lucky). Also i really need to start volt moddin` my cards, getting beat a lot by modded cards. Gonna pick up a soldering iron this week and give it a try.

Of course not! :D

Was that the P55 board again? You should think about ordering from another shop next time! :rolleyes:

I need to look into voltmodding too, I already have a soldering iron and all the stuff you need, but I don't dare to do it without someone teaching me how to do it. I know, I'm a n00b. :rofl:

When I ran some benches on my 8800 GT yesterday and the day before, I noticed an odd behavior of the card. I tested 3D stability with 05 cause I was under the impression it is the hardest benchmark, so my clocks should be stable for all the other benchmarks as well. I couldn't be more wrong.
03 and AM3 would crash at the same scenes ( 03 when the sword starts to gleam in Troll's Lair, AM3 when the camera spins around the submarine ) when running it, I had to lower my GPU clocks considerably to get it stable, 01 was a just run at safe clocks to have a score, since I was freezing in the cold. ( Ambient temps were ~-6°C )
Did you ever encounter something like this on your G92 cards?
I think the card's memory is to be blamed, what do you think. Still, it's weird I could pass 05 but none of the other benchmarks at high clocks.

Hondacity
01-04-2010, 01:23 PM
i have the same problems....nvidia vrams aren't that good....i'm not sure if its the power going thru them...or what but...ddr3 does get hot and when its hot it sorta underperforms...my fans blasting thru some heatsinks do help.....

TRG
01-04-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm going to participate in the HWBOT Geforce 4 (http://hwbot.org/competition/hoc_jan10) contest. I've searched for GF4 cards and bought 2x Ti4200 and 1x Ti4600. The idea is to get phase on the GPU on some TECS or WC on the memory.

I have very little experience in 3DMark2003 tweaking, I read some stuff about LOD and other tweaks. Does somebody got a good starting point for me to get the best out of it (OS / OC tool etc)? I understand that 03 is very little CPU dependent. Will my good old s754 3700+ singlecore provide enough CPU power?

chew*
01-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Time for me to get back to work :)

Prepping OS's as I type.

Dunkin donuts ln2 pouring cups make an appearence once again :p:

Something about 2400 watts of power is just liberating.

http://chew.ln2cooling.com/The_Laboratory/IMG_2028.jpg

Bench partner oversees things and makes sure I don't screw anything up, plus she keeps the cat out, can't have cats, shag rugs or wool sweaters in the pc room now can we :p:

http://chew.ln2cooling.com/The_Laboratory/IMG_2029.jpg

chew*
01-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Let's all have a moment of silence guys for a fellow team member that has passed.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=242510

Hondacity
01-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Team.XS[hwbot]

I didn't know Loonym's name...but farewell Jon. You got the signature in XS that only touched me. Bench in the sky bro.

TheGoat Eater
01-04-2010, 11:58 PM
I will be crunching again in memory of Jon (loonym) as it was his passion and I hope my effort will help someday to find new treatments

Linuxfan
01-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Got the UD7 board in this morning, going to test it tonight on H2O outside in the cold with the W3540 and 5970... We'll see what I can do! :)

Don_Dan
01-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Let's all have a moment of silence guys for a fellow team member that has passed.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=242510

This is the saddest moment in a while.... Jon will not be forgotten. :(

TRG, you got PM.

Linuxfan
01-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Time for me to get back to work :)

Prepping OS's as I type.

Dunkin donuts ln2 pouring cups make an appearence once again :p:

Something about 2400 watts of power is just liberating.

http://chew.ln2cooling.com/The_Laboratory/IMG_2028.jpg

Bench partner oversees things and makes sure I don't screw anything up, plus she keeps the cat out, can't have cats, shag rugs or wool sweaters in the pc room now can we :p:

http://chew.ln2cooling.com/The_Laboratory/IMG_2029.jpg
Good luck with the Gigabyte 5970 cards! Hopefully you can run them with over 1000mhz core with some extra voltage. :up:

Edit: Jor3llBR/Elano, when did you get a Cascade? :D
Great work getting 1st with the Q9550 in Pifast!

chew*
01-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Good luck with the Gigabyte 5970 cards! Hopefully you can run them with over 1000mhz core with some extra voltage. :up:

Looks like 980 is good without frame loss on air.....then again I have no plans to use air ;)

Jor3lBR
01-07-2010, 05:53 AM

Hey Linux, thanks!

I don't have a cascade yet (sorry I selected wrong cooling on the hwbot tab)! Trying one get one this year. :up:

You lucked out on that monstrous ruffus man, I would love a unit like that!

chew*
01-07-2010, 03:14 PM
3d03 5970's scores "fixed", 05 scores "fixed" sort of, aquamark fixed well I saved to usb, bad idea but it moved me no ranks. 320K is a heck of improvement from my 240K........all done in vista ;)

Linuxfan
01-07-2010, 04:52 PM
3d03 5970's scores "fixed", 05 scores "fixed" sort of, aquamark fixed well I saved to usb, bad idea but it moved me no ranks. 320K is a heck of improvement from my 240K........all done in vista ;)
Very impressive scores with your AMD setup and the 5970 on some nice air clocks! :up:
Too bad the multi GPU scores aren't worth much at all anymore... those scores are amazing! :D
320k is much much better but you would be pushing 400k with a i7 system on LN2.... ;)

Nice LN2 S775 CPU run there MTP04! :up:
Jor3lBR, I see you're pushing hard for every gold you can get again... got the X3380 Superpi32M beat today! :up:
Now I guess you need to get the Pifast and Superpi 32M records back with the Q9650.... :p:

Jor3lBR
01-08-2010, 07:35 AM
@chew
Awesome Aq3! I need to learn the ropes for that bench with ya :clap:

@Linux
Yes I know DDR3 board incoming to get those back I got DDr2 very close on that pifast I did 18.70 against his 18.63 I guess I can squeeze in those 7ms but DDR3 at 1800Mhz would be much easier.

Don_Dan
01-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Yes I know DDR3 board incoming to get those back I got DDr2 very close on that pifast I did 18.70 against his 18.63 I guess I can squeeze in those 7ms but DDR3 at 1800Mhz would be much easier.

Sent you a PM! Keep pushing! :up:

DDR3 will help a lot in 32M.

Are you using prioaff for PIFast already? Or pause line in PIFast to set priority and affinity through taskmanager?

Jor3lBR
01-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Sent you a PM! Keep pushing! :up:

DDR3 will help a lot in 32M.

Are you using prioaff for PIFast already? Or pause line in PIFast to set priority and affinity through taskmanager?

I probably will need that pause line cmd (haven't used that one before) but prioff only hurts on quad cores.

From what I found out the more the cores doing PiFast the better for the scores here on Quads...

Don_Dan
01-08-2010, 08:54 AM
I probably will need that pause line cmd (haven't used that one before) but prioff only hurts on quad cores.

From what I found out the more the cores doing PiFast the better for the scores here on Quads...

Interesting, I always thought switching between cores made PIFast run slower.

Try the pause line, that's the easiest way for setting priority and affinity imho.

We should convince hoss331 to join the team, total domination of the Q9650 category. ^^

Jor3lBR
01-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Interesting, I always thought switching between cores made PIFast run slower.

Try the pause line, that's the easiest way for setting priority and affinity imho.

We should convince hoss331 to join the team, total domination of the Q9650 category. ^^

Well I'll get those 2 last ones soon enough just need time :up: Same for the Q9550 I will get all but Cpu-z unless DDR3 can give me a top frequency boost or a lower temp coldbug.

Don_Dan
01-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Well I'll get those 2 last ones soon enough just need time :up: Same for the Q9550 I will get all but Cpu-z unless DDR3 can give me a top frequency boost or a lower temp coldbug.

I'm sure you'll make it! :up:

WPrime 32M would look nice though, top five belonging to XS. :D

Did you notice AndreYang and nickshih went back to TeamTaiwan?! More than 3200 points with only two members. Crazy...

Anyone know why they left PURE? I guess it's only a temporary move.

Don_Dan
01-10-2010, 01:12 PM
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/1928/topscoresjanuary10th.jpg

Great work by MTP04 pushing old 65nm Core 2s to the limit on his REX. ( I gotta get one too :D ). :up:
Very nice work thebluemeanie1, scoring almost 55k in 03 with a single 9800 GTX.
Xtreme_Solid has to push some more! :yepp:

A big congrats goes out to Jor3lBR for breaking the Q9550 32M WR yesterday! :clap:

HWBot is recalculating points again, I think we gained some. :)

To the guys that were in Vegas... Brian, Ryan, Charles, Dave and who else. I want to see pics and scores!! :D

MTP04
01-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the kind words Don_Dan and yes if you haven't owned a REX yet and your still benching socket 775 cpus, then I strongly recommend getting one.:D

The SuperPI 1M E6300 run I submitted is garbage and should be quicker for the clocks. I think my OS got damaged from all the crashes I ran into while I was trying for max fsb, I'll probably rebench later on.

thijs
01-11-2010, 10:18 AM
About time, wednesday im getting my 15L and 18L filled with some fresh new liquid nitrogen.

Going to bench my 5770 for the last time, but first time on LN2. last time with dry ice on the 5770 i was limited as hell by the temp, so i expect to get 1200+ core. my cpu can go alot higher then previous 5ghz vantage and 06 ( 200 / 300 mhz higher ) , combination of both, with the new 9.12 catalyst should make me reclaim my beloved gold cups!

Going to try to bench aqua / 03 / 05 aswell, so need to try a bit tomorrow if i can get a decent run going on AIR, never really ran those benchmarks actually. o well, lots of fun inc!

Linuxfan
01-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Pushed another 5870 on air in Vantage and maxed out at 1064/1272... got a better score than before though my CPU on H2O is still limiting me! :up:
Hopefully I'll get the cascade running again this week and really push some 5870 scores across the board....

@thjis:
Run all of the 3dmark benchmarks! Looking forward to it! :D

Don_Dan
01-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Pushed another 5870 on air in Vantage and maxed out at 1064/1272... got a better score than before though my CPU on H2O is still limiting me! :up:
Hopefully I'll get the cascade running again this week and really push some 5870 scores across the board....

Nice work! Almost 100k in 03 is sick! :up:

HWBOINTS revision 3 adjustment "more points for exotic hardware" in effect.

I gained a few points, check your scores! :)

Too bad Smoke joined OCClub a minute ago, they gained 1500 points and two ranks.
Just 1020 points to go into top 10... Let's make it happen! :D

Linuxfan
01-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Gotta recruit another bencher, run multiple gpus for team points, push past 300 hardware points for the team, and get on cascade.
There is a little new year's resolution. :rofl:
I'll try to get these goals accomplished this and next month. :D

Hope to see some more results from billdavis and xoqolatl with the new 9.12 driver on their 5870s! ;)

G.Foyle
01-12-2010, 12:21 PM
I can't get LN2 temporarily, and benching HD5870 on dice is not fun after you've tried LN2 on them.
I'm going to bench some older GPUs on dice soon.

EDIT: Congrats thijs, you have been mentioned in The Overclocker! Go to http://cde.cerosmedia.com/The_Overclocker_issue_8/1W4b3202bb6e3e3558.cde, page 29.

Jor3lBR
01-12-2010, 04:04 PM
I still need to freeze one of my REX and the E8600 to get some big points. I'm back to work so probably won't happen till next week :-(

About the server updates: is it just me or after those reviews they mess up with your gold cups. This is the second time after an update that I get Gold Cup results demoted to Silver with less points and there is no Gold result, I still have the fastest time :shakes:

thijs
01-13-2010, 02:42 AM
I can't get LN2 temporarily, and benching HD5870 on dice is not fun after you've tried LN2 on them.
I'm going to bench some older GPUs on dice soon.

EDIT: Congrats thijs, you have been mentioned in The Overclocker! Go to http://cde.cerosmedia.com/The_Overclocker_issue_8/1W4b3202bb6e3e3558.cde, page 29.

Haha, nice. im e-famous! hope break the record today, but the LN2 truck didnt show up yet :down: , i expect 1250 +- on the core.

Linuxfan
01-14-2010, 12:25 PM
If everything works out I'll grab some hardware points today or this weekend with some stuff coming in and be at 400 points or a little over. :up:
Got LN2 thijs? :D

Don_Dan
01-14-2010, 12:54 PM

Big props to thijs! :up:

Haha, nice. im e-famous! hope break the record today, but the LN2 truck didnt show up yet :down: , i expect 1250 +- on the core.

Were you able to reach your desired results?

If everything works out I'll grab some hardware points today or this weekend with some stuff coming in and be at 400 points or a little over. :up:
Got LN2 thijs? :D

That would be great! You have PM by the way! ;)

We're doing well currently, approaching 11500 points! :)

Linuxfan
01-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the PM Don_Dan, I'm sure it will help me a lot. :)
When I get time to look it over and try things out I'll PM you back with a few questions. :up:

Don_Dan
01-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the PM Don_Dan, I'm sure it will help me a lot. :)
When I get time to look it over and try things out I'll PM you back with a few questions. :up:

Sure, PM me any time! :)

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2926/topscoresjanuary14th.jpg

Some nice scores by Linuxfan, pushing his single 5870, and TheGoat Eater, who is using Charles' cherry 975 to score 365k in AM3 with a single GTX 275 Lightning!
Xtreme_Solid is pushing harder now and is earning some points! Good work! :up:

thijs
01-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Yeah, it showed up. only had a few hours unfortunately, so no time for tweaking. ran everything at 5.1ghz , i know it can go higher, but i didnt had the time nor LN2 for it ( ln2 reserved for something ;) ) .

I got 1250 core with 1.3V @ -90 ( msi afterburner read out ) , i think 1300+ core is possible, but again, i just rushed with settings i knew. my aqua is really poor, so no point submitting that, something went wrong there, i had 2 core affinity, perhaps i should have turned HT off? dunno.

Ill submit my results tomorrow, i should've benched on xp pro for 06 , W7 didnt really work to well for me, with alot higher clocks and such i got similair results as previous run @ 5ghz and way lower core. i did get vantage gold tho, ill submit them tomorrow! :up:

snoro
01-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Pr@$r1g vantage performance and mine are not there ?? I think we got like 3point togheter for our friendly competition for 1xhd5770 overclocking with vantage performance.Might be able to get my cpu running @ 4.3ghz on air break 13k in vantage and get in the top 10 just behind pr@$r1g and get even more point

Linuxfan
01-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Just got some hardware points today... Just a few more and I'll have 300!
Still on water, going to try to get the cascade running tomorrow. :D
Watch out chew'! You should to get some more globals... ;)
Nice submissions today Jor3lBR!
Back to my third place... First time since rev3.

G.Foyle
01-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Gotta get back to benching, you are catching up :D

chew*
01-15-2010, 05:44 PM

Ehh no 5870 = no globals for 3d, taking a diff path atm.

Jor3lBR
01-15-2010, 06:02 PM
@Linux

Very nice Linuxfan, congrats on getting on the TOP #3!!!!

Don_Dan
01-16-2010, 05:34 AM
Pr@$r1g vantage performance and mine are not there ?? I think we got like 3point togheter for our friendly competition for 1xhd5770 overclocking with vantage performance.Might be able to get my cpu running @ 4.3ghz on air break 13k in vantage and get in the top 10 just behind pr@$r1g and get even more point

Your scores are there, go and check it for yourself! :yepp:
Pr@$r1g joined the wrong team, that's why his scores did not pop up, I have PM'd him so he can join the correct team!
Nice competition you guys have running! Keep pushing it! :up:

Nice work Linuxfan, good luck with your cascade! :)

Don_Dan
01-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Hey guys, please welcome our new members SteveRo (http://hwbot.org/community/user/SteveRo), snoro (http://hwbot.org/community/user/snoro), and pr@$r1g (http://hwbot.org/community/user/prar1g) ( if he manages to change the team from Xtreme Systems to XtremeSystems. ;) ).

:welcome: to all!

thijs
01-16-2010, 02:21 PM
going to put my results up, but tomorrow i will hopefully break them again, one last time benching the 5770 under LN2. aiming for 1300 core

Jor3lBR
01-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Hey guys, please welcome our new members SteveRo (http://hwbot.org/community/user/SteveRo), snoro (http://hwbot.org/community/user/snoro), and pr@$r1g (http://hwbot.org/community/user/prar1g) ( if he manages to change the team from Xtreme Systems to XtremeSystems. ;) ).

:welcome: to all!

Welcome guys and let's bench!

I know SteveRo for his countless contribution on Storage threads, very nice guy to chat with :up:

thijs
01-16-2010, 02:43 PM
I dont really understand, everyone ( including gautam ) seems so hyped about ati + win7 + 3dmark06, but i cant really produce results that go with their findings.
I only got 200/300 points more from previous run, which was on xp. and that was with 9.11 ( dunno if 9.12 gained in 06 ) , and was almost 100 mhz lower on the xp then the W7.

Weird. anyhow, i hope to bench vantage alot higher tomorrow aswell, i know it's capable of almost 5.2ghz, but now the trick is to run it when it's needed :)

chew*
01-16-2010, 02:47 PM
I dont really understand, everyone ( including gautam ) seems so hyped about ati + win7 + 3dmark06, but i cant really produce results that go with their findings.
I only got 200/300 points more from previous run, which was on xp. and that was with 9.11 ( dunno if 9.12 gained in 06 ) , and was almost 100 mhz lower on the xp then the W7.

Weird. anyhow, i hope to bench vantage alot higher tomorrow aswell, i know it's capable of almost 5.2ghz, but now the trick is to run it when it's needed :)

Umm i think its vista ;) not win 7.

thijs
01-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Umm i think its vista ;) not win 7.
I'm seeing it now, the average runs are pretty similair, but one run with vista 32bit spiked up and over 17k. i got a fresh 32bit tweaked laying around, so perhaps ill give that a go then indeed. thanks!

//edit

but still, the jump from xp to W7 should have yielded me the points 'gained' now, as if the 100mhz more on the core didnt bother at all. it's strange,
i know on vantage after 1350 or so mem it stops scaling, even lower fps, but i dont really have hundreds of liters laying around, so it's a bit randomish and gambling what will work. tomorrow ill focus on getting my cpu as high as possible, and rerun 06 and vantage to the best i can with the limit LN2 i still have ( 20L or so ) , my 3540 is hungry for ln2!

chew*
01-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Yah XP will smoke vista in cpu test but the 3d weight of the tests carry far more punch than the cpu score does.

I find win 7 trailing a good 500 points end score behind vista on my AMD rigs. I think you might find win 7 usefull for aquamark and 03 but a properly tuned vista can match it ;)

snoro
01-16-2010, 07:27 PM
so its now a 4 man race fromn the same team for the top spot in vantage performance hd5770 x1 ??? Damm, why i am a poor student. WOuld be nice some ln2 action with my hd5770, i am sure it would love it. For my i5 750, it look like its the only thing that can get me some 5ghz + i think with the bad chip i have.

Linuxfan
01-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Lots of results put up today including a wr and some more killers! Great work everyone! We are past i4 memory! :up:

Hondacity
01-17-2010, 07:24 PM
wow excellent results ....just looking at the numbers.you guys are hardcore:up:

:welcome: to the new members btw

Linuxfan
01-17-2010, 07:51 PM
I forgot to welcome the new team members... :(
:welcome:
Looking forward to helping y'all as much as I can with your overclocking and effeciency! :up:

In-Fluence
01-18-2010, 02:09 AM
EZ now!

Just had a good bash at some more Q9650 benching yesterday, no #1 spots taken (yet), but I had a pretty good bunch of runs....

1st - managed CPUZ of 5013 this time (http://hwbot.org/community/submission/946617_in_fluence_cpu_z_core_2_q9650_3ghz_5013.3_m hz), was actually looking at 5040 but didn't save the CVF in time.
2nd - Got a PIfast score (http://hwbot.org/community/submission/946599_in_fluence_pifast_core_2_q9650_3ghz_19.45_s ec) up which earnt me another 5th place
3rd - Superpi - managed a little improvement and got 9.407 (http://hwbot.org/community/submission/946534_in_fluence_superpi_core_2_q9650_3ghz_9sec_4 07ms), seems like a bit of a big step to reach the next highest, but I'm up for having a stab at it.
4th - Managed to complete a SPI32 run, and just pipping Andressergio for 5th place (http://hwbot.org/community/submission/946541_in_fluence_superpi_32m_core_2_q9650_3ghz_10 min_5sec_468ms)
5th - wPrime32M - This took some tweaking, but not as much as 1024m does! A nice little unexpected result for me, which I may improve on, but I'm happy with the results so far (http://hwbot.org/community/submission/933228_in_fluence_wprime_32m_core_2_q9650_3ghz_7se c_930ms).

So, that should earn us all a few points, hopefully I'll be able to earn some more over the next couple of days. I'll be putting up improved wPrime32, and 1024 times, along with PCmark.

I hope I've become a worthy contender :D

Don_Dan
01-18-2010, 12:50 PM
so its now a 4 man race fromn the same team for the top spot in vantage performance hd5770 x1 ??? Damm, why i am a poor student. WOuld be nice some ln2 action with my hd5770, i am sure it would love it. For my i5 750, it look like its the only thing that can get me some 5ghz + i think with the bad chip i have.

I think it's only 3 guys! ;)

Lots of results put up today including a wr and some more killers! Great work everyone! We are past i4 memory! :up:

Time to party! :party:

Only 1000 points to go into the Top 10! :D

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/4630/nicejanuary18th.jpg

These are the scores that made this possible:

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/2290/topscoresjanuary18th.jpg

Big props to Elano for taking the dual core PCMark 05 WR! :up:

I hope I've become a worthy contender :D

Sure! Good work on that Q9650!

Linuxfan
01-18-2010, 04:42 PM
YAY! The heat is on guys... The time has come... :D
My cascade is in full service and I can now bench like mad!
Thanks to Sdumper for the help with my unit today! :up:

In-Fluence
01-19-2010, 01:49 AM
I managed to up a few more scores last night. No 1st places, but a 2nd and couple of 3rds makes me a happy bunny :D Linuxfan - pipped you a couple of times dude, but your talk of cascade makes me shiver!

I just wanted to ask before I went ahead with PC mark - am I likely to need SSDs and a high performance GPU to get into competing with those scores, or is it based on CPU/mem benching?

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK TEAM!

*edit
I have my pick on 3 E7500's which I'm gonna have a whirl on in due time. Looks like a nice little niche I could earn a few points in, unlike those with E8x00's. I might even get my MIIF back out for it if my UD3P can't hit 600+FSB.

p.s. thanks for the kind words Don Dan ;)

Jor3lBR
01-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Hey In-Fluence,

Nice scores the Quad there! Take it easy.

PCMark05 will test the computer in general, one of my favorites benchmarks :D

So you will need a strong cpu speed, a stronge Gpu, a stronge storage system (2x SSd's up), and a stronge Windows tweaking ability.

I managed to up a few more scores last night. No 1st places, but a 2nd and couple of 3rds makes me a happy bunny :D Linuxfan - pipped you a couple of times dude, but your talk of cascade makes me shiver!

I just wanted to ask before I went ahead with PC mark - am I likely to need SSDs and a high performance GPU to get into competing with those scores, or is it based on CPU/mem benching?

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK TEAM!

*edit
I have my pick on 3 E7500's which I'm gonna have a whirl on in due time. Looks like a nice little niche I could earn a few points in, unlike those with E8x00's. I might even get my MIIF back out for it if my UD3P can't hit 600+FSB.

p.s. thanks for the kind words Don Dan ;)

In-Fluence
01-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Hey In-Fluence,

Nice scores the Quad there! Take it easy.

PCMark05 will test the computer in general, one of my favorites benchmarks :D

So you will need a strong cpu speed, a stronge Gpu, a stronge storage system (2x SSd's up), and a stronge Windows tweaking ability.

Thanks for the compliments and info, I think the best I could muster with what I have is a 4xraid0 array, and a 5770 with an 8600GT as a physx gpu (but doubt PCM2005 would support physx). I'll think about giving that a whirl once I've done some backing up :)
Yeah, taking it very easy for a while on the CPU now, as you can probably see, 1.68v on H2O was waaay to much, I booted at 1.6v/4.9GHz, loaded setFSB and CPU-Z and turned down vcore to 1.575ish so it cooled enough while idling - during this, I cued all voltages to go for gold and I set 555fsb, then it was a case of clicking SET on ET6, then on setFSB, and working my way up from there. It never saw that much vcore for more than 30 seconds, but very risky!

One thing that bugged me was the HUGE voltage bump between 1.60 (read ~1.56 in CPU-Z), and 1.62 (read ~1.64) and 1.64 (read 1.68), if it wasn't for that .1v jump, I feel I might have been able to tune some higher speeds.
I was really chuffed with how my reapers performed throughout - some old sticks that have taken a beating over the years, but couldn't loosen timings without it being unbootable, it just didn't like looser timings.

Anyway, I'll be back with more results in due time - Kudos to you all ;)

Linuxfan
01-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Warming up the cascade with some Wprime on an i7 965 C0 chip. Just passed 4815mhz at 1.45v. :up:
Preparing for some nice hardware points! :D

Jor3lBR
01-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Warming up the cascade with some Wprime on an i7 965 C0 chip. Just passed 4815mhz at 1.45v. :up:

Glad to hear your cascade was fixed Linux! Now happy 2D benching :D

I did some 2D damage today warming up for better results another day...

:up:

thijs
01-20-2010, 12:26 PM
omfg, i had 7L left so i wanted to try vantage cpu tests, how high i could get, omfg, if i can get this to finish with a 5870, we are in for a ride :D
perhaps with a bit more cold / vcore i can reach 5.3ghz

http://www.thijskramer.nl/tweakersdotnet/32153.jpg

Linuxfan
01-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Glad to hear your cascade was fixed Linux! Now happy 2D benching :D

:up:
You put up some nice 6ghz scores! :D
I'm just posting as I get the scores... Just ran the GTX 280 with the 965 at a safe 4.8ghz HT in 05 and 06 and got o.k. scores... I think this CPU is not quite as effecient clock for clock as the newer CPUs like my w3540 and i7 920...
Installing the 5970 drivers now so I'll run 03, 05, 06, and Vantage on it with the CPU at 4.8 or 4.85 and get my multicard global points up...
After that I'll try the 920 and w3540 and should get over 5ghz and improve everything...
I'm having fun with cascade. :up:

thijs
01-20-2010, 12:28 PM
omfg, i had 7L left so i wanted to try vantage cpu tests, how high i could get, omfg, if i can get this to finish with a 5870, we are in for a ride :D

http://www.thijskramer.nl/tweakersdotnet/32153.jpg

Linuxfan
01-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Thats a killer CPU thijs!
You have a 5870 now? You can sure get some nice points with that! Looking forward to some killer runs! :D

thijs
01-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Nah, availability in holland is still crappy, thought i saw one today for 330EU, paid it, only to find out 15 people in front of me have more right to get it then me, i mean common, why do you put it up as available in the first place :( prolly just their system or something. so waiting to get it refunded, and then going to see. perhaps im going to do a hwbot rampage with 260 / 4890 or something, 100/150EU 2ndhand cards, or a HD5870. im not sure yet, 'budget' cards are fun to play with aswell.

Linuxfan
01-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Nah, availability in holland is still crappy, thought i saw one today for 330EU, paid it, only to find out 15 people in front of me have more right to get it then me, i mean common, why do you put it up as available in the first place :( prolly just their system or something. so waiting to get it refunded, and then going to see. perhaps im going to do a hwbot rampage with 260 / 4890 or something, 100/150EU 2ndhand cards, or a HD5870. im not sure yet, 'budget' cards are fun to play with aswell.
I can sell and ship one to you if you can't get them there... :p:

thijs
01-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Well, they are here, but atleast 380EU. whilst the 'normal' price should be around 325, or atleast, that's i think the lowest they've ever gone for.
Alabama is quite far away, but you have one spare or?

Don_Dan
01-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Anyway, I'll be back with more results in due time - Kudos to you all ;)

Just try not to take any of Elano's WRs! :rofl:

j/k, keep up the good work! :yepp:

You have PM, I hope we'll fix you up so you can get the full potential from your cascade! :up:

Very nice scores Elano, touching 6GHz is cool! :)

Great frequency thijs, you can pretty much own a lot of 3D categories with that much CPU power, with a 5870 it should be good for some decent global points as well! Keep pushing it! :up:

By the way, great work team, we were able to stay ahead of i4memory! :up: :up: :up:

Linuxfan
01-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Got my 5870 back today from a friend who borrowed it for the weekend... Should be good for some quick globals tomorrow and then I'll work on the CPUs some more... :up:

TRG
01-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Simple question:

Suppose that I buy 4 top of the line graphic cards, bench with them, and sell them after a week. How much of the money do you think I can get back expressed in percentage? Personally I think that you will be lucky if you can get 75% of your original payment back.

My OC project is on a hold for the moment.. I had a spontaneous leaking Apogee GT in my main system (the copper base plate has become spherical, so much that it is leaking from the bottom of the block itself, I don't know what is the cause, it has been running full-time for the last 2 years :( ), destroying my 4890..

But I do got a Ti4600 voltmodded ready for the HWBOT competition, including Asrock s775/AGP and a E5300 coming in tomorrow. The only problem is that my Philips 42" 8404 has arrived this week, and its very difficult NOT to play with all the time :)

thijs
01-21-2010, 02:56 AM
Well, i see you live in holland aswell TRG, those 5xxx series you can sell for almost the purchase price, perhaps 10-20EU less then that.
So i wouldnt worry to much about that, it's a fairly save investment ;)

Linuxfan
01-21-2010, 05:10 AM
Yeah with the current top end cards you can pretty much sell them for what you paid and after fees probably end up with 90 or 95% back.

chew*
01-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Sorry linux :D

Linuxfan
01-22-2010, 06:17 AM
Sorry linux :D
Nice submissions!
I expect to get 460 total "easily", just ran out of time now. Going on a trip today and will be back Monday for some action. ;)

chew*
01-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Nice submissions!
I expect to get 460 total "easily", just ran out of time now. Going on a trip today and will be back Monday for some action. ;)

BTW I hit the same wall so it wasn't you.

Swapped bios out today and it woke the the bclk on the board up.

http://chew.ln2cooling.com/I7/bclk.jpg

Now I just need more cold, max I can bench water is 4.8 :/

thijs
01-22-2010, 08:40 AM
what mobo is that chew?

chew*
01-22-2010, 09:02 AM
what mobo is that chew?

Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, nice little affordable board :)

Linuxfan
01-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, nice little affordable board :)
I wish you would put it on LN2 and get some great 2D points and even 3D...;)
Great to know that the BIOS version fixed it, I should have tried it.

Quick question to anyone. What's the best way to flash back to an older bios on my Rampage II Extreme board? I think the one I got messed up something, the i7 965 doesn't hit good clocks with it. :confused:

chew*
01-22-2010, 09:18 AM
I wish you would put it on LN2 and get some great 2D points and even 3D...;)
Great to know that the BIOS version fixed it, I should have tried it.

Quick question to anyone. What's the best way to flash back to an older bios on my Rampage II Extreme board? I think the one I got messed up something, the i7 965 doesn't hit good clocks with it. :confused:

I like flashing backwards with afudos. Actually like flashing with it just in general.

Linuxfan
01-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks chew*, I'll try that.
After I pack well see if I'll have any time to flash it and rip out a few runs... :)

In-Fluence
01-22-2010, 11:27 AM
After my bout with my Q9650 and no funds for more memory just yet, I've been taking a look at my lappy, and the 8600m GT. I've managed 34,000 3dm'01 points with no mods which puts me in top place by over 1K for this gpu. I have the advantage of a proper 775 CPU in there, so I expected this :)
My question is, I can actually get a huge amount more out of this by installing 8600 GTS drivers using the rivatuner strap configuration and modded inf drivers. Would this still be legal?

Linuxfan
01-22-2010, 12:16 PM
After my bout with my Q9650 and no funds for more memory just yet, I've been taking a look at my lappy, and the 8600m GT. I've managed 34,000 3dm'01 points with no mods which puts me in top place by over 1K for this gpu. I have the advantage of a proper 775 CPU in there, so I expected this :)
My question is, I can actually get a huge amount more out of this by installing 8600 GTS drivers using the rivatuner strap configuration and modded inf drivers. Would this still be legal?
I think it'd be fine but I can't remember if it would still go in the same GPU category if GPU-Z shows an 8600M GTS... ;)

In-Fluence
01-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Yes, that's what I thought. I guess it depends if GPUZ accesses the hardware directly, rather than the driver - I'll investigate. Mind you, if I wipe the board with top spots anyway I guess it won't matter! :D

http://hwbot.org/hardware/videocard/geforce_8600m_gt_ddr2

*edit: It uses a rom strap so it didn't work :(

On the plus side, I'm so close to 1st place on 3dm'03 I think I'll be earning us a small number of points :)

chew*
01-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Seeing as this is a rarity I figured you guys would get a kick out of me torturing a chip on water, almost have this particular setup all figured out.

http://chew.ln2cooling.com/I7/LOL.jpg

Linuxfan
01-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Seeing as this is a rarity I figured you guys would get a kick out of me torturing a chip on water, almost have this particular setup all figured out.
http://chew.ln2cooling.com/I7/LOL.jpg/
Good stuff on H2O for sure. :D
I need to get some ram that good, mine maxes out at 1110mhz 9-9-9-24 1T at 1.80v BIOS. :mad:

Jor3lBR
01-22-2010, 01:30 PM
@Chew

Excellent water run! Do you mind telling us which ram you're using?

Linuxfan
01-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Yes, that's what I thought. I guess it depends if GPUZ accesses the hardware directly, rather than the driver - I'll investigate. Mind you, if I wipe the board with top spots anyway I guess it won't matter! :D

Run all of the 3dmark tests with its current BIOS then figure out whether after you flash it it goes in a different category or not. :up:
Don_Dan can probably give some insight on this. ;)

chew*
01-22-2010, 01:52 PM
hmm those are the Corsair GTX2's.

Just feeling the chip out to make sure the IMC is worthy of a ram review. Still a learning curve but getting the hang of it.

Splave
01-23-2010, 08:57 PM
we are coming for you XS

Hondacity
01-23-2010, 09:41 PM
bobbylite or splave?

dang! nice hardware thats good for like 500+ pts... all popular stuff.

like chess, we wait :D

metalop1g
01-24-2010, 12:23 AM
I left my old team of which I was the creator and joined the xs team. If anybody feels like taking 5 minutes and look at my submissions, I'm sure with a couple tips I could get more points for the team. I brought a little 13 points or so, and wish I could bring more!

TheGoat Eater
01-24-2010, 03:06 AM
back home from taipei - though after being stuck in Alaska and 50+/- hours of travel I will be tired a bit more than usual so I will take some time ot get back up to speed

In-Fluence
01-24-2010, 04:05 AM
Hi chaps & lasses, just wondering why it's showing none of my points towards XS. I have about 40-50 but none are marked us as 'for xtreme systems'. Have I missed something? Can't find much in the rules...

thebluemeanie1
01-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Hi chaps & lasses, just wondering why it's showing none of my points towards XS. I have about 40-50 but none are marked us as 'for xtreme systems'. Have I missed something? Can't find much in the rules...

It looks fine to me.

If the "Only count towards team total" field found on this page http://hwbot.org/community/user/in_fluence?tab=points is what you are wondering about, it is for hardware points that you may have earned after already scoring 300 hardware points.

In-Fluence
01-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Ah, ok, thanks for clearing that up ;)

Don_Dan
01-24-2010, 10:48 AM
My OC project is on a hold for the moment.. I had a spontaneous leaking Apogee GT in my main system (the copper base plate has become spherical, so much that it is leaking from the bottom of the block itself, I don't know what is the cause, it has been running full-time for the last 2 years :( ), destroying my 4890..

But I do got a Ti4600 voltmodded ready for the HWBOT competition, including Asrock s775/AGP and a E5300 coming in tomorrow. The only problem is that my Philips 42" 8404 has arrived this week, and its very difficult NOT to play with all the time :)

Awww, that's really terrible to hear, I'm feeling with you. :(

I'm looking forward to the modded Ti4600, do you have any test runs to share?

Nice submissions!

Did you get better performance now? Did removing some mounting pressure help you?
I'm sorry I couldn't help you more. :(

*edit: It uses a rom strap so it didn't work :(

On the plus side, I'm so close to 1st place on 3dm'03 I think I'll be earning us a small number of points :)

As far as I know, GPU-Z accesses the driver to determine which GPU you use. It's hwbot's policy that modded hardware belongs to the category it originates from, so this would be 8600M GT regardless of what GPU-Z shows.
I can asl Wizzard about that if you want.

Please try to take the other categories as well, did you try to run 03 with LOD already?

Damn, you're were faster than me.... ^^

I left my old team of which I was the creator and joined the xs team. If anybody feels like taking 5 minutes and look at my submissions, I'm sure with a couple tips I could get more points for the team. I brought a little 13 points or so, and wish I could bring more!

:welcome: on board!

I noticed you didn't run all the 3dmarks, please run all of them.
Can't you get any more speed from your chip? 4GHz should be possible at least. What kind of cooling do you have?

back home from taipei - though after being stuck in Alaska and 50+/- hours of travel I will be tired a bit more than usual so I will take some time ot get back up to speed

Good to see you back! I hope were able to enjoy Taipei! :up:

Thebluemeanie1 is right, the other categories in your points tab are only relevant if you have results that would earn you global points in more than one category. Since you only get the points for the most-rewarding global score, the other global points still count for the team's total!

we are coming for you XS

I removed my post from your hilarious thread on hwbot, I don't want to "embarass" my team any more. It's your show. :rolleyes:

Splave
01-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Im hardly embarrassed bro, sorry if you took offense to something. :confused: just the spirit of competition I guess.

In-Fluence
01-24-2010, 01:00 PM
As far as I know, GPU-Z accesses the driver to determine which GPU you use. It's hwbot's policy that modded hardware belongs to the category it originates from, so this would be 8600M GT regardless of what GPU-Z shows.
I can asl Wizzard about that if you want.

Please try to take the other categories as well, did you try to run 03 with LOD already?

I suppose if I show the same screenshot in a photo of my laptop (like I've done here (http://hwbot.org/community/submission/949012_in_fluence_3dmark_2001_geforce_8600m_gt_ddr 2_34517_marks)), I can't see how anyone could rightfully dispute it. If you could find out just to check and save me some time, that'd be great :D

Tried none of this with LOD adjustments. I wasn't aware they made any significant difference. Could anyone pass any hints on this, and how to run the tests in particular orders? I noticed some are using different LOD setting for each one which just adds to my mild confusion!

Damn, you're were faster than me.... ^^

Thebluemeanie1 is right, the other categories in your points tab are only relevant if you have results that would earn you global points in more than one category. Since you only get the points for the most-rewarding global score, the other global points still count for the team's total!

Thanks for the info boss! Trust me, I've been working on the other 3dmarks, but they're proving to be right little buggers to catch!

After some bios modding with the memory timings, I've managed to get ram clocks up to 590MHz, which allowed me to beat the top 3dM'03 score by enough, and I've even added amost another 2K points to my '01 score! (catch me if you can :D)
All this is without the rom strap mod, so I could even get a thousand or so more! I guess making bigger gaps between 1st & 2nd in the category doesn't count for any lot more points does it?
What's more - I've just found out I could plonk an E7500 in my lappy, and probably get a significant increase there too!

Anyone know a way to find out which of the 8 timing sets apply to which 2D/Throttle/3D profile in NiBitor? I've managed to get some good memory clocks by loosening the general timings on-the fly, but I'd like to program them into the GPU bios, but I can't find any info on it for this card, and I've been meddling all day :/

Thanks for the hints - more to come ;)

metalop1g
01-24-2010, 01:10 PM
I noticed you didn't run all the 3dmarks, please run all of them.
Can't you get any more speed from your chip? 4GHz should be possible at least. What kind of cooling do you have?

While I perfectly agree that 4 ghz is totally possible, cooled by megahalem w noctua in push/pull, the fact is that I have many memory instability issues. Can't get the corsair dominator 1600mhz to run at 1600 mhz 8-8-8 24 without having failboots 9 times out of ten! Also, I don't get what you mean by all 3dmarks. I know I should run 3dmark06 too, but I didn't have time to install it and run it. Will definately be done soon, today or tommorow.

Linuxfan
01-24-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm back and ready to get cracking at the icing again! :D
What's up with this new team with members merging from other big teams? Looks like some copy of team pure... :rofl:

In-Fluence
01-24-2010, 04:22 PM
I sussed out the memory tweaks which finally got me into 1st place with ease on every chart except vantage - just realised it requires vista, so will get around to putting w7 on my lappy in good time. Need to back up stuff first. Only worthy of a ~17 points, but they all count I guess :D

I'm thinking of upgrading to a 9600m now, just gotta find me a cheap one. If I do, then that'll be another nifty little mission, particularly if I get my hand on this E7500 :cool:

Jor3lBR
01-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Just lost our PCMark05 2x Gold Cup to a Clarkdale... Have to bench the E8600 and E8700 to get the top again.

I will have a p55 soon to hit those 2d big numbers too.

Linuxfan
01-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Just lost our PCMark05 2x Gold Cup to a Clarkdale... Have to bench the E8600 and E8700 to get the top again.

P55 with YOU on LN2? Wow, that'll be dangerous!!! Go for the gold! :D

Hondacity
01-24-2010, 09:46 PM
weather...is very good here ...i might do some 3d... :D

also i'm not that busy now :D

G.Foyle
01-24-2010, 10:25 PM
What's up with this new team with members merging from other big teams? Looks like some copy of team pure... :rofl:

Yesterday they had almost 11k and were called "Overclocking Alliance". Today it's 7k and "Overclockaholics"... I wouldn't bother. We are The Team :D

In-Fluence
01-25-2010, 12:17 AM
Yep, good luck with that Jor3lbr. perhaps I can be left alone to take the Q9650 rankings :rofl:

Honestly, if you get the success you had with that Q9650, then you're onto a winner!

thijs
01-25-2010, 06:14 AM
Just paid for a 8800 GTX to play with, got room for 140 or so more hardware points, which should be a cake with the 8800 GTX, hope she clocks well, deff going under LN2!

Linuxfan
01-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Finally got an i7 (a new w3540 on the UD7) over 5ghz.... Getting all the scores I can!
Go team XS! :D

pr@$r1g
01-26-2010, 06:30 AM
i was trying to contribute lost my 5770 .......... feeding 1.4v its dead now :(

will go for a 5850 or bring another 5770 :rolleyes:

Linuxfan
01-26-2010, 07:54 AM
i was trying to contribute lost my 5770 .......... feeding 1.4v its dead now :(

will go for a 5850 or bring another 5770 :rolleyes:
Sorry to hear that. :(

Looks like that i7 965 XE CPU died on me.... No more scores from that chip! :ROTF:

In-Fluence
01-26-2010, 09:23 AM
My 5770 died too, with no extra volts :/ Was it an xfx by any chance?

*edit - I see now that you had a sapphire..

Linuxfan
01-26-2010, 09:27 AM
My 5770 died too, with no extra volts :/ Was it an xfx by any chance?
Maybe you guys had a bad batch...
I've tested two or 3 XFX 5770s over the last few months and they have all been fine with the max CCC voltage overclocking and gaming for a few hours at a time... :shrug:

Don_Dan
01-27-2010, 07:56 AM
Im hardly embarrassed bro, sorry if you took offense to something. :confused: just the spirit of competition I guess.

It's not your fault. :)

Tried none of this with LOD adjustments. I wasn't aware they made any significant difference. Could anyone pass any hints on this, and how to run the tests in particular orders? I noticed some are using different LOD setting for each one which just adds to my mild confusion!

Thanks for the info boss! Trust me, I've been working on the other 3dmarks, but they're proving to be right little buggers to catch!

After some bios modding with the memory timings, I've managed to get ram clocks up to 590MHz, which allowed me to beat the top 3dM'03 score by enough, and I've even added amost another 2K points to my '01 score! (catch me if you can :D)
All this is without the rom strap mod, so I could even get a thousand or so more! I guess making bigger gaps between 1st & 2nd in the category doesn't count for any lot more points does it?
What's more - I've just found out I could plonk an E7500 in my lappy, and probably get a significant increase there too!

I didn't find the time to ask Wizzard yet, sorry. :(

LOD will make a lot of difference in 01, also in 03, but 05 and 06 are rather CPU bound. Tweaking your running order could be helpful if you were fighting for the top spot, but since you're already 1st I wouldn't spend too much time on finding a good working order. Send me a PM if you're interested in this, I could give you a basic running order and some LOD values to test.
Getting bigger gaps between 1st and 2nd doesn't do anything for points btw.

I sussed out the memory tweaks which finally got me into 1st place with ease on every chart except vantage - just realised it requires vista, so will get around to putting w7 on my lappy in good time. Need to back up stuff first. Only worthy of a ~17 points, but they all count I guess :D

I'm thinking of upgrading to a 9600m now, just gotta find me a cheap one. If I do, then that'll be another nifty little mission, particularly if I get my hand on this E7500 :cool:

Congrats on taking all the category's top spots in the meanwhile! :up:
Everything counts of course, we need to catch i4 again. Everytime I thought we passed them and had gotten some points between us and them in the past week, they submit some more results and then they are ahead of us again. I wonder who will be at 12k first...

While I perfectly agree that 4 ghz is totally possible, cooled by megahalem w noctua in push/pull, the fact is that I have many memory instability issues. Can't get the corsair dominator 1600mhz to run at 1600 mhz 8-8-8 24 without having failboots 9 times out of ten! Also, I don't get what you mean by all 3dmarks. I know I should run 3dmark06 too, but I didn't have time to install it and run it. Will definately be done soon, today or tommorow.

I meant you should run 3dmark 05 and 06 as well on your setup, since you didn't post any results of your rig by now. ;)
Post about what problems you're having and some of your settings and I think we should be able to fix you up!

Yesterday they had almost 11k and were called "Overclocking Alliance". Today it's 7k and "Overclockaholics"... I wouldn't bother. We are The Team :D

I wonder what they were aiming for too, they were a merger of Overclockaholics and NBOC members.

I agree with you: We are The Team! :up:

Finally got an i7 (a new w3540 on the UD7) over 5ghz.... Getting all the scores I can!
Go team XS! :D

Very nice achievement! What did the trick in the end?

You're getting addicted, aren't you?! :D
I'm really looking forward to your results! Keep pushing it! :up:

Yesterday and the day before yesterday many nice scores were posted, which I don't want to let pass unnoticed.
Here's an update for the 25th and 26th:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/479/topscoresjanuary25th.jpg

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5209/topscoresjanuary26th.jpg

Don_Dan
01-27-2010, 12:26 PM
This justifies a double post! :D

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9669/pointsjanuary27th.jpg

Sooooo close, and we're ahead of i4memory again.

Please welcome hoss331 to the team! :welcome:

Thanks for joining us! :)

Linuxfan
01-27-2010, 12:35 PM
This justifies a double post! :D

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9669/pointsjanuary27th.jpg

Sooooo close, and we're ahead of i4memory again.

Please welcome hoss331 to the team! :welcome:

Thanks for joining us! :)
As soon as I finish benching here and post my scores we will be over 12k. :)
Welcome hoss331!

Don_Dan
01-27-2010, 12:42 PM
As soon as I finish benching here and post my scores we will be over 12k. :)

Nothing to say but :up:

snoro
01-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Will try out asus bios on my hd5770 to see if adding more than 1.35 volt could let me go for higher clock in vantage. Really want to get past that 1120mhz limit i have.

Don_Dan
01-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Will try out asus bios on my hd5770 to see if adding more than 1.35 volt could let me go for higher clock in vantage. Really want to get past that 1120mhz limit i have.

Be careful when doing so, we already have enough dead 5770s in this thread. ;)

It's done!!!

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2341/pointsjanuary27th12kdon.jpg

:party:

thijs
01-27-2010, 04:27 PM
yay, received my XFX 8800GTX today, thing of beauty, it's as long as a 5870 i presume. it's even a XXX edition i think, stock she runs at 630 core ( normal is 587 or so ) and 1000 mem ( norma 900 ). quick testing on stock volt / air @ 100% yielded me 690 core 1090 mem and almost 1500 shader, but havent tried shader seperate yet, so perhaps there is some more to gain there.

Next up is voltmodding it and see how fast she goes, next week it's liquid nitrogen time. if it all goes well, and i have enough time, i hope to get alot of points! should be easy, considering top3 yields alot of points in every benchmark with 8800GTX, most benched card i think :)

Linuxfan
01-27-2010, 04:36 PM
yay, received my XFX 8800GTX today, thing of beauty, it's as long as a 5870 i presume. it's even a XXX edition i think, stock she runs at 630 core ( normal is 587 or so ) and 1000 mem ( norma 900 ). quick testing on stock volt / air @ 100% yielded me 690 core 1090 mem and almost 1500 shader, but havent tried shader seperate yet, so perhaps there is some more to gain there.
Next up is voltmodding it and see how fast she goes, next week it's liquid nitrogen time. if it all goes well, and i have enough time, i hope to get alot of points! should be easy, considering top3 yields alot of points in every benchmark with 8800GTX, most benched card i think :)
Great!
I'm working hard to get in the top 100.... And am under 10 points away... :)

snoro
01-27-2010, 06:55 PM
I quite seem to be a complete flashing nobb, 3rd try and never got it right, always something that dosent work.I also (for some very starnge reason) cant get my card to do anymore some 1115core run in vantage, it just wont do it. Look like i am done benchmarking with this rig. But dont be afraid, i have a new rig this summer comming and i should be able to get some point when i get it all done.

pr@$r1g
01-28-2010, 02:18 AM
^^^ :up: just keep pushing ur's is a very good one mate .......can u provide me urs :D 5770 i need to be at the top spot RMAing mine

would be out of this may be for 2 to 3 weeks depends :shakes:

snoro
01-28-2010, 03:59 AM
well the 5770 will be the only thing i keep of the rig with the trident kit. Everything else goes to my dad. So when i get my new rig, i might go buy a hd5770 block for lolz and see what it can do :D

In-Fluence
01-28-2010, 06:00 AM
I might just do the same when I get mine back (unless I have more bad luck). Would be nice not to see Vantage drop to 1fps or below unlike my lappy lol. Even so, I've just completed wiping the board with my 8600M GT in combination with w7.64, 4Gb of better ram, and my E7500 all running on a modded C90s and Nvidia bios. I managed 50 pts mre than the previous guy which is pretty good considering the points actually scored.
For some reason, my GPU clocked a lot better at different CPU fsb, so I know that certain values do not play well with certain pcie clocks. I could spend time fine tuning pci too, but for what it's worth, I'm happy with my laptop's performance overall now. Particularly now I know the CPU is stable at 3.2GHz+ in my lappy.

Anyhow, that's 2 more points for xs like you asked lol.

Linuxfan
01-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Don_Dan,
Dunno what my problem was with the CPU and motherboard combination last week... I just gave up on it and ordered a new identical board and CPU and sold my last ones. The new W3540 and new UD7 are both performing just fine under cold. Can't seem to get it stable over 4.9ghz with HT or ~5.1ghz without HT and have been messing with settings a lot... :shrug:
Maybe somebody can help out? :D

Nice work In-Fluence and PcCi2iminal!
We are still managing to keep ahead of i4memory!

G.Foyle
01-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Linuxfan, are you using an even or odd multi? even multipliers are less stable on Nehalems.

Linuxfan
01-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Linuxfan, are you using an even or odd multi? even multipliers are less stable on Nehalems.
I'm running the CPU on its 23x multiplyer with an even multi uncore. I think it was at 38 or 36x...
Thanks. :up:

Going to get an SS unit for single GPU benching.... we'll see how it performs... It might help a lot with my 5870! :D
Would it be helpful to do some type of mod to the 5870 when its on the SS cooling to get it over 1.3v to overclock higher?

mk-ultra
01-28-2010, 02:23 PM
i have an asus laptop n70sv available for benching, it should be good for a few points, now let's see if don_dan's GT130m gold cups will hold up :)....sorry mate ;)

Don_Dan
01-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Anyhow, that's 2 more points for xs like you asked lol.

Good work, PcCI2iminal and Linuxfan posted some great scores today as well. :up:

Don_Dan,
Dunno what my problem was with the CPU and motherboard combination last week... I just gave up on it and ordered a new identical board and CPU and sold my last ones. The new W3540 and new UD7 are both performing just fine under cold. Can't seem to get it stable over 4.9ghz with HT or ~5.1ghz without HT and have been messing with settings a lot... :shrug:
Maybe somebody can help out? :D

Nice work In-Fluence and PcCi2iminal!
We are still managing to keep ahead of i4memory!

That's really weird, sometimes hardware is acting up with no apparent reason. I'm glad your new setup is clocking so well. Your clocks on that W3540 aren't bad, most people that got higher clocks are using LN2. :)

i have an asus laptop n70sv available for benching, it should be good for a few points, now let's see if don_dan's GT130m gold cups will hold up :)....sorry mate ;)

If it doesn't have such a crappy SiS chipset like the one I tested it should be fairly easy! ;)
Take some golden cups away from delly as well! :up:

Which processor does it have?

mk-ultra
01-28-2010, 05:04 PM
it's a p8700, i did a quick 03 run and came ~100marks short of your gold, i'll definitely work harder on benchs he's holding gold

In-Fluence
01-29-2010, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the props guys.

I just took the plunge on a pair of PI 9600's (at last). Hopefully this will help with my beching scores on my Q9650, possibly by tomorrow! :D

Following that I could try for some 5770 marks, but I really don't want to risk having to RMA that in the future unless I get a block for it.

snoro
01-29-2010, 01:11 AM
Damm it, i can run furmark for 10 minutes without a single crash at 1100/1450 1.35vcore with my hd5770 but i cant even do anymore some 1115core run in vantage ilike i did alot before. Its annoying.

pr@$r1g
01-29-2010, 03:18 AM
^^^ just be patience ...... every thing will be fine :up:

Jor3lBR
01-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Good work everybody, keeping us on the top!
Welcome new member Hoss!

------------------------------------------

Question for the ram experts: Which Corsair kit should I buy for benching on p55 platform? GTX1 or GTX2 - Looking at the specs it's tough to decide... Would be so nice to have sponsorship, these things are expensive... :shakes:

-----------------------------------------

I did a sub 8secs wPrime32m with the Q9550 with some help of these baby's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZu6H7lROVA

:rofl:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4067/img0031pw.th.jpg (http://img707.imageshack.us/i/img0031pw.jpg/)...http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4499/img0027p.th.jpg (http://img64.imageshack.us/i/img0027p.jpg/)

Hondacity
01-29-2010, 08:26 AM
rampot FTW!!!

how bad was the condensation?

andressergio
01-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Good work everybody, keeping us on the top!
Welcome new member Hoss!

------------------------------------------

Question for the ram experts: Which Corsair kit should I buy for benching on p55 platform? GTX1 or GTX2 - Looking at the specs it's tough to decide... Would be so nice to have sponsorship, these things are expensive... :shakes:

-----------------------------------------

I did a sub 8secs wPrime32m with the Q9550 with some help of these baby's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZu6H7lROVA

:rofl:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4067/img0031pw.th.jpg (http://img707.imageshack.us/i/img0031pw.jpg/)...http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4499/img0027p.th.jpg (http://img64.imageshack.us/i/img0027p.jpg/)

awesome mate :up:

In-Fluence
01-29-2010, 09:57 AM
v.ghetto indeed :rofl: did those sticks survive? did the board?!

PI9600's are on their way, but probably not 'till monday - hope I get some more cups - happy days :D

Jor3lBR
01-29-2010, 03:20 PM
rampot FTW!!!

how bad was the condensation?

Hi HONDA, Well if you don't have a relative humidity of 25% or below I don't recommend doing this without using dielectric grease on the ram sockets and use kneaded rubber on the entire rams.

I didn't need to do this because they don't sweat here, if you keep the liquid nitrogen in it's pretty much safe, but as soon as benching is done I did remove them.

awesome mate :up:

v.ghetto indeed :rofl: did those sticks survive? did the board?!

PI9600's are on their way, but probably not 'till monday - hope I get some more cups - happy days :D

Thanks guys.

They did survive of course. They are better then ever! :yepp:

I have a 23% relative humidity where I bench and liquid nitrogen evaporates very fast so bo harm done to the mobo or rams :up:

Jor3lBR
01-29-2010, 05:28 PM
You're getting addicted, aren't you?! :D

I am! :ROTF:

Symptoms: no more 24/7 computers in a pretty case, everything is setup on the floor under office desk, cables everywhere, wife complaining, 1 room in the house dedicated to computer hardware, liquid nitrogen dewar as a bed side table; more keyboards and mouses that one will ever need, at least 10 boxes of kneaded rubber, at tons of trips to ace hardware to buy screws, nuts and bolts, at least 2 changes of motherboard a day, xs forum daily posts, hwbot daily checks, more wife complaint's, among many others.

Cure? :shrug:

Hondacity
01-29-2010, 06:01 PM
just keep benching :D

Linuxfan
01-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Nice chilled ram setup! :D
Going to be benching an 8800GT 512mb card and get some nice hardware points hopefully this next week! :up:
Also waiting on the chiller for my 5870 to get some more globals and get in the top 100... possibly over 500 total...
Keep on going, we have to pass i4 again! :up:

TheGoat Eater
01-30-2010, 11:43 AM
warning be heard - brace for ignition ;) and a hold on to your arses

Linuxfan
01-30-2010, 12:02 PM
BRING IT ON! :yepp:
Edit: Core i3 540 action? :D

Could somebody PM me the best OS and how to run AM3? My score with XP and my 5870 wasn't up to par with other guys scores on hwbot by 20k. :(

TheGoat Eater
01-30-2010, 01:06 PM
BRING IT ON! :yepp:
Edit: Core i3 540 action? :D

Could somebody PM me the best OS and how to run AM3? My score with XP and my 5870 wasn't up to par with other guys scores on hwbot by 20k. :(

not by me atm

add me to IM of your choice for help ;)

Don_Dan
01-30-2010, 02:59 PM
it's a p8700, i did a quick 03 run and came ~100marks short of your gold, i'll definitely work harder on benchs he's holding gold

I checked your entries, you have a SiS chipset as well, so in fact you have the same setup essentially. BUT you got a significantly better efficiency out of it than I did, good work! :up:

If you want to use them on Clarkdale both kits will be enough to reach the limit of your IMC imho. GTX1 should be the highest bin though.

I am! :ROTF:

Symptoms: no more 24/7 computers in a pretty case, everything is setup on the floor under office desk, cables everywhere, wife complaining, 1 room in the house dedicated to computer hardware, liquid nitrogen dewar as a bed side table; more keyboards and mouses that one will ever need, at least 10 boxes of kneaded rubber, at tons of trips to ace hardware to buy screws, nuts and bolts, at least 2 changes of motherboard a day, xs forum daily posts, hwbot daily checks, more wife complaint's, among many others.

Cure? :shrug:

I'm sorry, there is no cure. :D

I'm waiting. :cool:

Did you check if the other guys are running higher memory speed of tighter timings? AM3 likes memory bandwidth, possibly Ryan can give you some more tips.

Linuxfan
01-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Did you check if the other guys are running higher memory speed of tighter timings? AM3 likes memory bandwidth, possibly Ryan can give you some more tips.
He did help me out so I think I can do it right now. :up:
I'll be sure to tighten the poor ram kit as much as I can for the bench. :yepp:

thijs
01-31-2010, 02:37 AM
Going to vmod my 8800 GTX now, lets see how good the extra voltage helps. although i do think it needs some cold,
wednesday = LN2 day :D

Don_Dan
01-31-2010, 05:37 AM
Good luck to both of you! :up:

OC Alliance is back by the way.

TheGoat Eater
01-31-2010, 09:31 AM
think I added some decent points here now for the team ;)

so my 40+ points for the team now puts us in front of i4 :p:

Linuxfan
02-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Chew* is on fire and put up a few great runs today! :up:
You're on the track to passing my profile points... Can you do it? :D
I'm busy now so I haven't powered up the cascade and tested with my new OSes but I'll work on it ASAP!

G.Foyle
02-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Congrats chew*! but you need a lower temperature on that GPU :D

Jor3lBR
02-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Nice submissions guys, we are very close to top ten again :clap:

I need a i5 670 L934 ES to get above 6.8 on the p55. If someone has the contact please let me know.

chew*
02-02-2010, 07:42 AM
Congrats chew*! but you need a lower temperature on that GPU :D

Tek 9's were installed on 5970's almost got these cards working with a normal coldbug now, just a few more mods :)

That card wasn't spectacular on cold in pretesting so was pointless to waste resources, will search for a better cold card :)

TRG
02-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Awww, that's really terrible to hear, I'm feeling with you.

I'm looking forward to the modded Ti4600, do you have any test runs to share?

I had all my hardware prepared (asrock/E5300/2x Ti4200/1x Ti4600), but I just didn't had enough time to get to serious benching because of being away the last two weekends :(

STUPID QUESTION: I've got an opteron 165 hooked up under my MACH II, and I think that I'm approachings its cooling capacity. Is there any risk involved in putting to much load on the evap?

thijs
02-02-2010, 03:03 PM
if all goes well i should be getting 35L of LN2 tomorrow again, got a 5870 in today, with 1.35V i can almost finish firefly+canyon in a row ( half on canyon i get alot of dots ) with 1050 core / 1250 mem. i dont have a 50 ohm thingything to vmod it with now, i should be getting that tomorrow aswell.

Going to prep my 8800GTX first, i dont really have the proper mounting holes for it, but i hope i can still get it on properly. should be getting some nice HW points, and hope the 5870 likes cold for some global ;)

chew*
02-02-2010, 03:06 PM
if all goes well i should be getting 35L of LN2 tomorrow again, got a 5870 in today, with 1.35V i can almost finish firefly+canyon in a row ( half on canyon i get alot of dots ) with 1050 core / 1250 mem. i dont have a 50 ohm thingything to vmod it with now, i should be getting that tomorrow aswell.

Going to prep my 8800GTX first, i dont really have the proper mounting holes for it, but i hope i can still get it on properly. should be getting some nice HW points, and hope the 5870 likes cold for some global ;)

No need to mod at least not VGPU but.....Mod works better IMHO.

thijs
02-02-2010, 04:06 PM
You cant raise above 1.35V right? cant test it now, or can you with msi afterburner? ( with that config.cfg file thingy thing )

chew*
02-02-2010, 04:56 PM
1.35 is not the software limit ;) it might just be msi afterburner limit.

G.Foyle
02-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Hard mod is way better (circumvents OCP & OVP). I always prefer hardware control. Besides, there are four voltages on that card, software only lets you adjust one. Vddci helped me much (~80 MHz gain on memory clocks at high core clocks).

thijs
02-03-2010, 02:55 AM
Yeah, well im going to run my 8800GTX first anyway, but think ill just vmod it. ocp mod can wait, the newer examples should have less leakage or so i heard?
hope the 8800GTX scales nicely, but so far it looks promising :) just hope it's mounted ok, with 2 bolts in different holes i could get it semi-stuck, o well, once its cold it'll stick :P

thijs
02-03-2010, 09:23 AM
weird question, but i just ran a full 3dmark06 and to my surprise i passed the number 1 on 3dmark06 with 100 points or so, but i cant really explain my good eff, xp 32bit, most services shut off, theme's and such. i ran it under my phase @ 4ghz - 4ghz uncore - 2000mhz mem , and there is a guy with 100mhz more on the mem ( gpu card ) and a 5250mhz i7.

I havent turned off physx, but does that even help in 3dmark06? aka, is it submittable to hwbot?

//edit

someone with a 920 @ 4,5ghz scored 8700 points, so i assume it didnt affect anything?
watched the screen the whole time, no artifacts or what ever either.

Don_Dan
02-03-2010, 09:36 AM
I had all my hardware prepared (asrock/E5300/2x Ti4200/1x Ti4600), but I just didn't had enough time to get to serious benching because of being away the last two weekends :(

STUPID QUESTION: I've got an opteron 165 hooked up under my MACH II, and I think that I'm approachings its cooling capacity. Is there any risk involved in putting to much load on the evap?

Too bad, unfortunately the categories aren't worth lots of points either. :(

Sorry, I have no experience with single stage/cascade cooling.

weird question, but i just ran a full 3dmark06 and to my surprise i passed the number 1 on 3dmark06 with 100 points or so, but i cant really explain my good eff, xp 32bit, most services shut off, theme's and such. i ran it under my phase @ 4ghz - 4ghz uncore - 2000mhz mem , and there is a guy with 100mhz more on the mem ( gpu card ) and a 5250mhz i7.

I havent turned off physx, but does that even help in 3dmark06? aka, is it submittable to hwbot?

//edit

someone with a 920 @ 4,5ghz scored 8700 points, so i assume it didnt affect anything?
watched the screen the whole time, no artifacts or what ever either.

PhysX doesn't do anything in 06, can you post your screenshot?

thijs
02-03-2010, 09:43 AM
submitted it:

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/955190_thijs_3dmark_2006_geforce_8800_gtx_20216_ma rks

Don_Dan
02-03-2010, 09:53 AM
I checked some other scores as well as your score, you have a high SM3.0 score, but besides that I can't see anything wrong with your score at first glance.

Let's see if someone else complains about your score, if that's not the case, good work! :up:

Linuxfan
02-03-2010, 09:56 AM
submitted it:

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/955190_thijs_3dmark_2006_geforce_8800_gtx_20216_ma rks
It seems a little high compared to the other's CPU clocks but its not too far out of line..
Run again wtih a 5ghz+ CPU and let us know what you get! :)
Keep on pushing and run 03 and 05 next! :D

Don_Dan
02-03-2010, 10:05 AM
That's what got me wondering too, CPU clock is very low compared to number 1 and 2, but take a look a gprhellas' score, he's running a 4.5GHz Q6700 and scoring more than 19.5k.

thijs
02-03-2010, 10:19 AM
ill rerun @ 5.2ghz yeah, installing W7 for vantage, going to tweak it, and then run both fast.
But damn the 8800GTX is a hotty, it dropped 20 degrees within a 3dmark06 run, and the tube was always full of LN2.
i think i can go alot higher still, but this is a good start.

I think ill stick with 06 / vantage now, i dont really have any know how of running 03 / 05 , so i should try that when
im on air again.

G.Foyle
02-03-2010, 11:23 AM
But damn the 8800GTX is a hotty, it dropped 20 degrees within a 3dmark06 run, and the tube was always full of LN2.
You sure about pot/die contact? I had the same problem with GTX280, it turned out that I had too much insulation above the GPU and contact was very poor.

thijs
02-03-2010, 12:02 PM
i know the mounting is crap, but shouldnt it respond differently then? but my guess is there is to much thermal compound, but the gpu-z temp is like 6-8 degrees hotter then my probe, which isnt bad at all. i had the same with my 5770, so i doubt it's really crappy crap contact.

thijs
02-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Oh crap :( , i read about it somewhere, but now i experienced it aswell. i used my heatgun to warm it up again, usually i just hover above it for a bit, and it warms up, but i was busy with the GPU aswell, so i just let it hang in there. result -> whenever i put ln2 in , it just flashed away, you go down in temp fast, but it sucks for eff, i was burning away liters on my F1 :( i thought hmm 15L for 8800GTX, 20L for 5870. i tried 5.2ghz cpu vantage fast, worked, so i used the same settings on the GPU as i did with 06, first test was fine, 2nd test i get a vantage error. ARGH!! , so didnt even do vantage :( i did do another 3dmark06 @ 5.1ghz, yielded me quite an increase, perhaps someone has 1year old backup, ill wait for that :D but it was like 21,3k or so.

Dont know when ill be trying the 8800GTX again, i'm sure i will, but not yet :P
Saturday night ill be benching 5870 with a friend, hopefully getting some nice core speeds going then!

Linuxfan
02-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Sorry to hear that the rest of the 8800GTX benching didn't work... sounds like you really killed the 3dmark 06 rankings though! :D
Good luck with the 5870!

Linuxfan
02-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Going to have a friend over today and bench hard with him he's going to have a 920 CPU, 5770, and 5970 so he'll rack up some points on my cascade...
I'm going to try to get him to join xs and well have another good bencher on our side of the fray. ;)
I had bad luck with a 920 I picked up today but still have a few points to post as well as some stuff to bench next week...
Keep on benching guys, we're about to catch up with #10!

Don_Dan
02-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Good luck and have fun! :up:
Do your best to convince him to join us! We still need some points to enter top 10. :D

:bday: Happy birthday Brian! :bday:

Linuxfan
02-05-2010, 11:47 AM
:coffee:
Hope you have a good one!

G.Foyle
02-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Happy birthday chew :) :toast:

Jor3lBR
02-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Enjoy the 'day off' chew*

chew*
02-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Enjoy the 'day off' chew*

whats a day off?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=244724

Hondacity
02-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Jor

1.6v on air....on the e8700?

Jor3lBR
02-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Getting ready to dust off old RE again, while my Clarkdale#2 arrives. This time I'll have to try LN2 on the North Bridge.

Material Needed:
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7620/img0007ze.jpg (http://img168.imageshack.us/i/img0007ze.jpg/)

Modded:
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4885/img0011q.jpg (http://img407.imageshack.us/i/img0011q.jpg/).http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3108/img0010qg.jpg (http://img442.imageshack.us/i/img0010qg.jpg/)

Leak test:
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3836/img0012xf.jpg (http://img13.imageshack.us/i/img0012xf.jpg/).http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5958/img0015wo.jpg (http://img22.imageshack.us/i/img0015wo.jpg/)

I will shot some video of this thing benching and see how it performs :up:

Jor3lBR
02-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Jor

1.6v on air....on the e8700?

Hey Honda, volt's were 1.48vcore but then I went to try max valid and bumped and forgot to tone them down :up: 1.6 with LCC disabled = 1.52 under load.

Yes temps where around 41oC idle. 18oC room temp.

Don_Dan
02-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Elano, you made news on hwbot! :up:

That's an xtremely ghetto NB pot you built there. :D
642 MHz max FSB on air is nice, should be enough for a decent CPU frequency if the chip can be run at 10.5 multi all the way up.

Jor3lBR
02-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Elano, you made news on hwbot! :up:

That's an xtremely ghetto NB pot you built there. :D
642 MHz max FSB on air is nice, should be enough for a decent CPU frequency if the chip can be run at 10.5 multi all the way up.

Yeah break 2xcore cpu PCMark05 global World Record and nobody talks about it but post a crappy 5ghz on an old E8700 boom :rofl:

TRG
02-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Nice modding Jor3lBR!

I always like the 'cheap and functional' concept, especially when performed very well :)

Jor3lBR
02-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Nice modding Jor3lBR!

I always like the 'cheap and functional' concept, especially when performed very well :)

Yeah me too, to adapt a NB_pot there would be more then a hassle. This is easy, cheap, fast and hopefully very efficient.

I will finish up mounting it into place and take pics after testing is done. I also plan to cover the entire base up to the middle of the cup with kneaded rubber. :up:

mk-ultra
02-06-2010, 03:21 PM
i did my first vmod ever!!, now let's just hope it won't blow up :D
hopefully it's the first of a long list

soldering on the pcb is not that difficult, it's a precision job. I practiced all afternoon on a dead 7600gt i had and i think it's decent for the first one :)

i haven't wired the ground yet because i'm not sure where i should put it

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4606/1004738.th.jpg (http://img684.imageshack.us/i/1004738.jpg/)

Don_Dan
02-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Looking good, reminds me of the fact I need to improve my soldering skills as well.

Which card is it? Seems like another 7600GT?!

mk-ultra
02-06-2010, 03:39 PM
yes i killed my 7600gt, but my mom had one in her PC (my old amd 939) so I took hers, she was easy to convince i told her i'd put a 8800gt in place :)
it was a non-reference desing but i found a pic showing what i needed for this one too, same mod just different locations on the pcb.

i just powered it up, and no smoke or anything :)

EDIT:
it looks like i failed with the gpu mod, because i can't change voltage.
vmem is fine tho

dammit, i should have check that BEFORE putting the card into my WC loop...n00b!
did a few quick test, card did passed 03/AQM3 @ 950mhz(MEM) with 2.05v, i did not crank the voltage yet

EDIT2:
ok now it's working and back in the loop

thijs
02-07-2010, 09:21 AM
tested 5870 last night, but epic fail on a huge scale -> fail meter was like [------------------------|-] , card had coldbug @ -70, alot of strange dots even in 2D
And we tried 1100mhz core fast, but just failed hard even at loading screen. so that one is going back, dont know if i will purchase a new one instantly, dont think so...

Linuxfan
02-07-2010, 08:00 PM
tested 5870 last night, but epic fail on a huge scale -> fail meter was like [------------------------|-] , card had coldbug @ -70, alot of strange dots even in 2D
And we tried 1100mhz core fast, but just failed hard even at loading screen. so that one is going back, dont know if i will purchase a new one instantly, dont think so...
Can you do a bunch of quick tests on air with your CPU cranked up and it running 1050/1250? That will still give a significant amount of points for the time being! Either way, hope you get a good ln2 card that does 1300 core next time! :up:

thijs
02-08-2010, 01:14 AM
Depends, i have like 15L remaining or so. want to bench my 8800gtx for last time, some 3dmark05 and vantage i think, if i have a few liters left i could do that yeah.

Linuxfan
02-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Just got my ss unit with the gpu head... We'll soon see what it can do!
I'll get a picture of it soon!

thijs
02-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Sad day for us all , especially sad for the 8800GTX which left us to join many other cards who were tortured and abused.

R.I.P. 8800GTX 8-2-1020

1.6V load was to much for the 90nm, mem / core readings are 0V or 0.1V

if i didnt murder it, i could have gotten n1 @ 3dmark05 i think, but it wasnt ment to be :(

After that i just ran 06 and vantage fast with 1GHZ core / 1250 mem on the 5870,
got some points out of it, but im sad the 8800GTX left me :( , we could have gotten so many more records!

Don_Dan
02-08-2010, 03:00 PM
EDIT2:
ok now it's working and back in the loop

I'm glad it worked out, you got some decent runs for a watercooled card.

Just got my ss unit with the gpu head... We'll soon see what it can do!
I'll get a picture of it soon!

You know, pics or it didn't happen. ;)

R.I.P. 8800GTX 8-2-1020

Oh, that sucks man, I'm feeling with you. :(

Edit: You pushed the team above 10k hardware points though! :clap:

Elano, I heard you killed a Clarkdale already?! What's up with hardware this week? :confused:

Linuxfan
02-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Sorry to hear that thijs! Really sucks to lose hardware.
I lost my ud7 board this weekend, it died after an 8hr cascade session with my friend while I was gaming on air and it was dried. :confused:
can't find my camera ATM... :rofl:

Strong submissions even though you wernt able to max out either gpus, great work!
The 5870s have a lot of headroom... Should do 1050 core on air with just afterburner voltage...

Jor3lBR
02-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Yes hardware witch is out there guys be careful. I like to say that it 'committed suicide' Don Dan because I didn't push it at all I was just installing OSes to start benching this week. Lasted 20secs 1.5vcore.

I'm sorry to hear about your losses guys but let's keep it cool and stay benching!

Linuxfan
02-08-2010, 03:33 PM
No problems though, that 2nd ud7 that I got(and the one that died) didn't do good bclk from the start... Maxed out at 227 for my w3540 and last weekend it wouldn't function over 225. :(
The RMA should be better. :D
I still have the R2E so I'll keep the points coming while the ud7 is away and hopefully run over 230 bclk again.

Keep your eyes on the oca team, they are trying hard!
If neccesairy I'll get a truckload of 8800 series cards for a few hundred team points to keep us high and dry. We are still shooting for 10th for sure.

thijs
02-08-2010, 03:38 PM
:D , the 5870 is going back tomorrow. i'm not sure what to get next yet, the hardware points fun is over pretty soon, i have like 50 points or so to take and then i reached the 300HW point thingything. a GTX260 could be fun, but i think ill just get another 5870.

Linuxfan
02-08-2010, 03:54 PM
:D , the 5870 is going back tomorrow. i'm not sure what to get next yet, the hardware points fun is over pretty soon, i have like 50 points or so to take and then i reached the 300HW point thingything. a GTX260 could be fun, but i think ill just get another 5870.
You will not get any more profile points for more points than 300 BUT it'll still add to the team's score so it's great if you can get another card worth 150 hardware points!
I'd go for the 5870 though becase you will kill global and hardware rankings at the same time!
Hope I can get my w3540 closer to your 5.2 3d06 stable clock, that's powerful! :up:

vistageek92
02-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Just switched over from my old team to XS. I am sure that'll be a good thing, seeing that the OC Alliance was catching up with you guys. linuxfan and i bench together, hope to contribute as much boints as i can!

Linuxfan
02-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Found the camera... here are some pictures of the unit!
Runs quiet compared to my cascade and reads great temps after a few minutes, dunno how it does with a 5870's heat though. :D
Here's the info on it...
How do you guys think it will hold up? :shrug:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243941

Hondacity
02-08-2010, 09:38 PM
too much vcore...lol

Vistageek :welcome:

another subzero bencher :D

:party: :D

thijs
02-09-2010, 02:12 AM
You will not get any more profile points for more points than 300 BUT it'll still add to the team's score so it's great if you can get another card worth 150 hardware points!
I'd go for the 5870 though becase you will kill global and hardware rankings at the same time!
Hope I can get my w3540 closer to your 5.2 3d06 stable clock, that's powerful! :up:
Ill see, most likely another 5870 yeah, but this one was a real bummer. hope to be more lucky next time :)

And the cpu can go a bit higher still, last night at the end i tried some more cpu vantage testing. 5290 fails @ half on 2nd cpu test, perhaps a bit more tinkering and i can get that one to work aswell. didnt try 06 cpu test yet, but i suppose that is 5.3ghz+ territory :)

Witchdoctor
02-09-2010, 05:12 AM
Just switched over from my old team to XS. I am sure that'll be a good thing, seeing that the OC Alliance was catching up with you guys. linuxfan and i bench together, hope to contribute as much boints as i can!

Vista you trader ... your as bad as Linux leaving EOCF hi and dry .......:rofl:

What will EOCF do now .............. :shrug:

Linuxfan
02-09-2010, 05:55 AM
Ordering 1 8800 series card today for some points... :D

thijs
02-09-2010, 06:17 AM
Dont make me buy a new 8800gtx linux!! :D , just kidding. go for it!
Besides, did anyone look how close we are to 10th place? like 100/150 points left :D

going to send back the 5870 today, hopefully get a new one later this week or whenever the
money is deposted @ my acc. :)

Jor3lBR
02-09-2010, 07:55 AM
What ATI drivers ver. you guys use for the HD5870?

TRG
02-09-2010, 11:06 AM
There is lot of increasing activity lately in the P3 section regarding subzero submissions, I guess more people realize that its not a bad place for grinding some boints.

I've lost 12 gold cups over the last weeks to VasGTO from PURE, he has been benching a lot with LN2. In order to regain some of the cups I've ordered some extra reinforcements: a MACH II GT will soon accompany my MACH II ST, and the ST will be modded for GPU usage. My best P3 chips will be stored in a special box, and be saved for some LN2 action somewhere in the future :)

BTW: It's a real hassle to find out which cups were lost because the point-evolution page is not alive anymore. I really hope they will re-introduce this feature because it saves loads of time..