PDA

View Full Version : XS HWBot Team

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Mafio
09-20-2012, 12:18 PM
I think setLOD needs .NET framework (don't know which version) to be installed.
if you are using an ATI you can try this: http://mafio.host56.com/ati-driver-tweaker/

ZenEffect
09-20-2012, 12:40 PM
setlod

I think setLOD needs .NET framework (don't know which version) to be installed.
if you are using an ATI you can try this: http://mafio.host56.com/ati-driver-tweaker/

tool looks nice. I will play around with it this weekend thanks! :)

trans am
09-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Hey team, I have a question. I can't seem to get any board to power on with this 3770k. Ive tried it in my mvg and ud3h and its the same thing. Board lights up, i hit the power button and it immediately powers off. I thought it was the psu but I tried 2 psus and same thing occurs. I contacted intel and they will give me an rma. I just want to know if there is anything else I should try before tossing in the towel.
I tried single stick of ram and several different slots, differnt ram, 1066, 1333, etc. cleared cmos. tried just ram, cpu and vga. same thing. the cpu looks totally fine underneath and both sockets looks fine. I dont know what the hell happened?

l0ud_sil3nc3
09-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Hey team, I have a question. I can't seem to get any board to power on with this 3770k. Ive tried it in my mvg and ud3h and its the same thing. Board lights up, i hit the power button and it immediately powers off. I thought it was the psu but I tried 2 psus and same thing occurs. I contacted intel and they will give me an rma. I just want to know if there is anything else I should try before tossing in the towel.
I tried single stick of ram and several different slots, differnt ram, 1066, 1333, etc. cleared cmos. tried just ram, cpu and vga. same thing. the cpu looks totally fine underneath and both sockets looks fine. I dont know what the hell happened?

Sounds, looks and smells like a dead cpu, so your on the right path, just wait for the replacement:yepp:

trans am
09-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Sounds, looks and smells like a dead cpu, so your on the right path, just wait for the replacement:yepp:
It has to be the cpu. What are the odds both boards are dead at the same time? With my luck anything is possible. I have a 3rd 1155 board at work I can try tomorrow just to be sure but I think its the cpu.
Its strange because Ive killed cpu's in the past and my experience has been fans start up and run for a bit and then it powers off. this just powers off as soon as i hit the power button. I doubt this was a golden chip so maybe I'll get one on the turnaround. Does intel have some extra warranty no questions asked deal with cpus? I saw a thread a while back about something like that. You pay extra and if something happens they replace it?

l0ud_sil3nc3
09-20-2012, 03:32 PM
It has to be the cpu. What are the odds both boards are dead at the same time? With my luck anything is possible. I have a 3rd 1155 board at work I can try tomorrow just to be sure but I think its the cpu.
Its strange because Ive killed cpu's in the past and my experience has been fans start up and run for a bit and then it powers off. this just powers off as soon as i hit the power button. I doubt this was a golden chip so maybe I'll get one on the turnaround. Does intel have some extra warranty no questions asked deal with cpus? I saw a thread a while back about something like that. You pay extra and if something happens they replace it?

Yes but you don't want to pay extra for that, just wait, they are usually quick if they are in stock.

trans am
09-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Yes but you don't want to pay extra for that, just wait, they are usually quick if they are in stock.

okay, thanks buddy. I hope you guys are well. I'm gonna go play some HL black mesa mod. see if I can figure out how to get the damn elevator to work.

l0ud_sil3nc3
09-20-2012, 03:42 PM
okay, thanks buddy. I hope you guys are well. I'm gonna go play some HL black mesa mod. see if I can figure out how to get the damn elevator to work.

Good stuff, I will be playing a bit of 01 tonight I think:D

I can't believe they actually released/leaked HL Black Mesa Mod, thought it was vaporware for sure lol

trans am
09-20-2012, 03:54 PM
if you are gonna bench 01 please set up the tripod and take some video for me. i wanna see you in action.

l0ud_sil3nc3
09-20-2012, 05:00 PM
if you are gonna bench 01 please set up the tripod and take some video for me. i wanna see you in action.

Haha would love to but my connection does not allow this, unfortunately pics is about it:(

BeepBeep2
09-21-2012, 07:50 AM
@loud what did you say the 8150 you sent me did on water? 5.5?
Do you know if it was all cores or just one?

Monday I think I'm gonna get LN2.

l0ud_sil3nc3
09-21-2012, 07:57 AM
@loud what did you say the 8150 you sent me did on water? 5.5?
Do you know if it was all cores or just one?

Monday I think I'm gonna get LN2.

You know I am not sure, as one of my friends did it, and he is a noob so I have no idea if it was all cores or just one, probably all though.

Just try it;)

BeepBeep2
09-21-2012, 08:09 PM
You know I am not sure, as one of my friends did it, and he is a noob so I have no idea if it was all cores or just one, probably all though.

Just try it;)
5.5 is decent on all cores, scaling seems to be about air/water + 2 GHz. If one, beats mine, if all then maybe 7.5+ GHz chip

l0ud_sil3nc3
09-21-2012, 08:54 PM
5.5 is decent on all cores, scaling seems to be about air/water + 2 GHz. If one, beats mine, if all then maybe 7.5+ GHz chip

Have you tested it on air/water yourself?

BeepBeep2
09-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Pshh no, unless I throw it into this machine with a UD5 in it and sh*t PSU...only time I used it was during memory stage team cup.
I'm not busy tomorrow, I mean I haven't slept yet and it's 4:15 AM...when I wake up I'll go ahead and throw a rig together with the Crosshair board.

I've had the flu for two weeks and has developed into bronchitis, having trouble talking lately without pain.

l0ud_sil3nc3
09-25-2012, 06:35 PM
tested some different LOD values for 01

this run was looking good until I realized half way through I forgot to enable the 01 tweak in the bios:rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/4ghb7.png (http://imgur.com/4ghb7)

got a new 3226B988 to test tonight:yepp:

ps those mem clocks were with a mere 1.8v, I am still waiting for some resistors to get here to hopefully fix my memory issue.

Don_Dan
09-26-2012, 08:56 AM
The OC Formula is looking really great, I saw they included memory profiles in their latest BIOS version, that's very good. :up:

45.6k in 06 (http://hwbot.org/submission/2316157_l0ud_sil3nc3_3dmark06_geforce_gtx_580_4564 6_marks) is nice too! :)

l0ud_sil3nc3
09-26-2012, 04:34 PM
The OC Formula is looking really great, I saw they included memory profiles in their latest BIOS version, that's very good. :up:

45.6k in 06 (http://hwbot.org/submission/2316157_l0ud_sil3nc3_3dmark06_geforce_gtx_580_4564 6_marks) is nice too! :)

Ya that chip was chit as well, 6.2XX 4c 8t and does not like high voltage, though it does run 32M 4c 8t at 1.4v and I figured out some weird way to get around q code 23 on the Z77 OC Formula, that works every time.

So all you need to do is walk it up in steps, i.e. set bclk >106 with memory at one divider lower, then reboot and set memory to proper divider i.e. 2600+, but if you try and go directly to 2600+, at least on this chip, I would 00 then 23 like it could not run that frequency which is crazy because the same settings were 32M stable. Crazy ivy chips lol

I will do a quick run with a GTX 680 Lightning and try to improve on that score tomorrow, just doing some reading on Keplar clocking:up:

BeepBeep2
09-30-2012, 02:55 PM
derp, was unable to get LN2 because others did not want to get it for me. AirGas 35 minutes away, close at 4:30, not good when I get home just before 4.

Have had lots of homework and had two computers to repair too...

Oh, and I'm going to talk to my Comp-tia A+ / Cisco CCNA teacher if I can hold an LN2 OC demo at school some time. None of the kids will get into this kind of stuff, but they might find it interesting to look at.

Bench room/entertainment room is a mess, so gotta clean up too to make space again, my brother's computer sitting where I had previously been benching.

andressergio
09-30-2012, 03:11 PM
hi guys !!!

i posted some new benchmarks not at my max but i wanted to be there, and damn i made a 3000+ mem shot air and didnt do the CPUID validation god...will do again lol

cheers to the great team !!!
Sergio

BeepBeep2
09-30-2012, 03:16 PM
hi guys !!!

i posted some new benchmarks not at my max but i wanted to be there, and damn i made a 3000+ mem shot air and didnt do the CPUID validation god...will do again lol

cheers to the great team !!!
Sergio
Hey andres :)

If you need any tips for efficiency or anything else just let us know, too :)

andressergio
09-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Hey andres :)

If you need any tips for efficiency or anything else just let us know, too :)

Thanks Beep i have to get an SSD for benchmark as all i post its on my only PC wich is a movie server for wife and kid and games but i have good stuff and sometimes i crap out install lol

my both reference GTX680's are very good they do +195/+545 air
my 3770K boots water at 2933CL11-13-13-35 1T@ 1.725 vdimm
and the RAM GSkill TridentX 2800 are awesome
and the M5F is awesome

my aim is to get a dimastech from the US and make a bench rig :) so i can post more benches but for now i have to get the $$$

Cheers to all !!!

here's my 3000 AIR i forgot to CPUID it and 5GHz HT 3770K using offset vcore

http://i.imgur.com/BpaoJ.png

and of course big thanks to all my friends of the forum that help me buy the good parts there and get the time to test, pack and send to my country :up:

BeepBeep2
09-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Nice :D
Looks like a nice CPU. :) Definitely nice IMC, looks like cores are strong too.

andressergio
09-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Nice :D
Looks like a nice CPU. :) Definitely nice IMC, looks like cores are strong too.

yeah taking care of it like a baby lol its a very strong IMC one when i get that benching SSD will run SPI32 on 2933 :D

what are you runing on this days Beep ??? remember the old days of the UD3P and The Hyper mem :D

BeepBeep2
09-30-2012, 05:42 PM
yeah taking care of it like a baby lol its a very strong IMC one when i get that benching SSD will run SPI32 on 2933 :D

what are you runing on this days Beep ??? remember the old days of the UD3P and The Hyper mem :D
Right now the only PCs in my house are my crappy 15.6" Compaq laptop, slightly better than a netbook but with 4x worse battery life, cheap chinese battery in there and replaced keyboard, I got it free.
Other machine is 965 BE on Gigabyte 990FX UD5 with 6 year old FSP 700w PSU and 4GB RipjawsX 1600 CL6, I have one of my HD 5770 in there.

Got FX-8150 here too and ASUS CHV, need to sell my 8150 though, uhh 2600K is still here and haven't sent RMA for MIVE yet after several months. Basically when I started OC on LN2 I had to tear apart my normal 24/7 rig (my 850w PSU, 8150, CHV, optical drives) ...didn't have money for a "bench set" of parts except for 2600K / MIVE which I payed for with money from a part time job I don't work anymore.

So here is a little story about why I haven't been overclocking:
I really haven't done anything the last few months...and I've been diagnosed with ADD, plus excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) and/or mild narcolepsy and I am an insomniac, and in the past I have been rather depressed so I take medication called Vyvanse (amphetamine stimulant) in the morning now.
School grades have been bad (struggling to pass my classes) on top of no overclocking or gaming so I'm really trying to turn my life around now.

Up until Friday (when I started medication) for a long time now I have had insomnia (sometimes really bad, sometimes not so bad) and just feeling tired/out of energy all the time. Furthermore I get migraines once in a while (used to be 1 a week!) which don't help things, I missed a lot of school, like almost 2 months during the last school year. (I am in my last year of high school)

Basically I don't sleep well at night or I sleep but it doesn't feel like it, I have very vivid dreams and bounce between dreaming and reality, sometimes dreaming mid thought without losing touch with surroundings...

For example:
I was sick two weeks ago and I was laying in bed, with the flu...I started thinking about what I needed to do for my Photography class at school because I was worried about not having my assignment done, and all the sudden I am standing in the classroom with my teacher yelling at me. Then another time, I was at the park, sitting on a bench alone and I just turned and laid down on it because I was so tired...I was thinking about things and my thoughts morphed into dreams but I was aware of my surroundings, when I finally got my eyes open it was like I wasn't sleeping because I never stopped hearing the ambient noises of others talking and children playing...it wasn't a surprise like I was really awaking.

Been doing things like going to bed on weekdays at 5pm an hour after getting home, not doing homework and lots of head bobbing at school. In my English class (At noon) I was reading a book we were assigned that we had quizzes on each chapter, even though I read the chapters I needed to there and again at home, I was half asleep the whole time and failed my quizzes. Teachers treating me like I'm every other slacker..."no, you can't retake your failed test, I let other people do it because they actually try"

This story is long but that sums it up.

andressergio
09-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Right now the only PCs in my house are my crappy 15.6" Compaq laptop, slightly better than a netbook but with 4x worse battery life, cheap chinese battery in there and replaced keyboard, I got it free.
Other machine is 965 BE on Gigabyte 990FX UD5 with 6 year old FSP 700w PSU and 4GB RipjawsX 1600 CL6, I have one of my HD 5770 in there.

Got FX-8150 here too and ASUS CHV, need to sell my 8150 though, uhh 2600K is still here and haven't sent RMA for MIVE yet after several months. Basically when I started OC on LN2 I had to tear apart my normal 24/7 rig (my 850w PSU, 8150, CHV, optical drives) ...didn't have money for a "bench set" of parts except for 2600K / MIVE which I payed for with money from a part time job I don't work anymore.

I really haven't done anything the last few months...and I've been diagnosed with ADD, plus excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) and/or mild narcolepsy and I am an insomniac, and in the past I have been rather depressed so I take medication called Vyvanse (amphetamine stimulant) in the morning now.
School grades have been bad (struggling to pass my classes) on top of no overclocking or gaming so I'm really trying to turn my life around now.

Up until Friday (when I started medication) for a long time now I have had insomnia (sometimes really bad, sometimes not so bad) and just feeling tired/out of energy all the time. Furthermore I get migraines once in a while (used to be 1 a week!) which don't help things, I missed a lot of school, like almost 2 months during the last school year. (I am in my last year of high school)

Basically I don't sleep well at night or I sleep but it doesn't feel like it, I have very vivid dreams and bounce between dreaming and reality, sometimes dreaming mid thought without losing touch with surroundings...

For example:
I was sick two weeks ago and I was laying in bed, with the flu...I started thinking about what I needed to do for my Photography class at school because I was worried about not having my assignment done, and all the sudden I am standing in the classroom with my teacher yelling at me. Then another time, I was at the park, sitting on a bench alone and I just turned and laid down on it because I was so tired...I was thinking about things and my thoughts morphed into dreams but I was aware of my surroundings, when I finally got my eyes open it was like I wasn't sleeping because I never stopped hearing the ambient noises of others talking and children playing...it wasn't a surprise like I was really awaking.

Been doing things like going to bed on weekdays at 5pm an hour after getting home, not doing homework and lots of head bobbing at school. In my English class (At noon) I was reading a book we were assigned that we had quizzes on each chapter, even though I read the chapters I needed to there and again at home, I was half asleep the whole time and failed my quizzes. Teachers treating me like I'm every other slacker..."no, you can't retake your failed test, I let other people do it because they actually try"

Sorry for the illness but i know it from heart cauz i also take meds i have inheritance depression wich is horrible i have to say and also a life med for combat it as it cant be cured, so this is my lit space that since a kid i used to refugee, of course i didnt have money till 2005 where i started to OC, but believe me i understand

Keep it up mate ignore the stoopids that will always be to make u feel bad and go on u have some friends here really good ones maybe u never met but we are all here for a reason

Cheers !!!
Sergio

BeepBeep2
09-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Sorry for the illness but i know it from heart cauz i also take meds i have inheritance depression wich is horrible i have to say and also a life med for combat it as it cant be cured, so this is my lit space that since a kid i used to refugee, of course i didnt have money till 2005 where i started to OC, but believe me i understand

Keep it up mate ignore the stoopids that will always be to make u feel bad and go on u have some friends here really good ones maybe u never met but we are all here for a reason

Cheers !!!
Sergio
Thanks man :)

Anyone have spare GPU pot?
Will trade praise for one.

Or in case of loud silence, will hold his CPUs until I "receive what I want"
Not really.

Hey loud, guy said he wanted your CPU, I asked if I could have it till 10/1/2012, then I never got LN2 due to busy and bad life stuff, so I asked him if I could keep yours and drop ship him mine, which is a perfectly good CPU, should do 4.8 stable easy on good water.
...then he didn't reply. :confused:

Oh, and I'll have your 3870K out tuesday. If its dead, died on stock cooler with only 3.1 / 1.4v :p: No way to know, no board.

l0ud_sil3nc3
09-30-2012, 10:58 PM
No worries, not sure who pmed you exactly but I think I have an idea.

Don_Dan
10-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Cheers to all !!!

here's my 3000 AIR i forgot to CPUID it and 5GHz HT 3770K using offset vcore

1500MHz on air is looking great Sergio, well done! :up:

I'm sorry to hear about all this. :(

Focus on getting school done, everything else like overclocking isn't ( that ;) ) important. :)

andressergio
10-01-2012, 04:55 PM

Thanks Don ;)

BeepBeep2
10-01-2012, 06:14 PM

I'm sorry to hear about all this. :(

Focus on getting school done, everything else like overclocking isn't ( that ;) ) important. :)
I'm working on it :)

Working on managing time more efficiently.

BeepBeep2
10-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Gettin' quiet in here.
Guy that PM'ed about LS's 8150 did not reply back, so I went ahead and sold mine to another guy, and also my 955. I plan on getting another one, hopefully which wont be as bad. (As if 6.8 GHz was bad)

When stuff ships on monday, LS your 3870K will be out too. Sorry for holding on to it so long, guess I don't do stuff unless I have to sometimes.

Your FX-8150 is up next on the bench, in fact I might throw it my H70 and see what it does on air first tonight since I finally have time and caught up in school.

runmc
10-06-2012, 06:24 PM

For example:

Have you ever done a sleep study and been checked for apnea? Are you over weight?

BeepBeep2
10-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Have you ever done a sleep study and been checked for apnea? Are you over weight?
Yes, I've done a sleep study, I don't have apnea...

I weigh about 130 lbs, I'm 5 foot 9.

BeepBeep2
10-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Currently doing:
Benching vmodded HD 3450, looking for HWBOT domination

To do list:
Ship a bunch of :banana::banana::banana::banana:
Track down HD 3870 someone brought into school, convince them to trade it to me for my worse 5770.
RMA a bunch of :banana::banana::banana::banana:
Buy GPU pot
Buy more ram
OC good Phenom II 965 BE with a working AMD Motherboard
OC hopefully working Intel CPU on LN2 through all 2D
OC good HD 5770 on LN2 with a working Intel CPU on LN2
OC good HD 4850 on LN2 with a working Intel CPU on LN2
OC good HD 3870 on LN2 with a working Intel CPU on LN2
Bench a bunch of :banana::banana::banana::banana:
Sell a bunch of :banana::banana::banana::banana:
Write a review for TechReaction here and there
Continue to keep up with school work

Anyone have GPU pot they aren't using?

Don_Dan
10-08-2012, 04:00 AM
Your to-do-list is pretty impressive... :eek:

BeepBeep2
10-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Yeah.
AFAIK, trans_am has a tek-9 he isn't using...but he hasn't been active on the forum :/

I'm going to an OC event on the 27th so if someone in the US has a pot with them they'd be willing to let me borrow I'd cover shipping so I can do 3D with either Phenom II (03,05,06) or everything with intel.

I don't think the 3870 will work out so I might end up doing a combo of pencil-mod and AB on my good 5770 if I can get a GPU pot and also the same combo on a 4890 if I can trade the 5770 for it.

That way I have a 4850, 4890 and 5770 all worth large amount of GPU points on LN2.

BeepBeep2
10-09-2012, 06:25 PM
http://hwbot.org/submission/2319563_beepbeep2_3dmark2001_se_radeon_hd_3450_280 18_marks
http://hwbot.org/submission/2319551_beepbeep2_3dmark03_radeon_hd_3450_8304_mar ks

Working on getting HWBOT Aquamark wrapper running on TinyXP, and 05/06 doesn't quite have GPU clocks to do it...only got 4th place so far.
Need to revisit all with better cooling eventually, so gonna hold off on that.

Oh, and the guy buying my 955 and 8150 still did not pay me so shipping delayed until he pays... :/

BeepBeep2
10-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Scrapped 3870 idea, focusing on attaining a 4890 and 9800GTX+.

Don_Dan
10-13-2012, 12:52 PM
The Hitachi Deathstar in my laptop has finally lived up to its name after three years, it went bad with a few bad sectors. My data is safe but reinstalling everything on a new drive was great fun... :rolleyes:

@Beep: Let us know about your progress! :)

BeepBeep2
10-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Just got paid from a guy @ OCF for my 955 and 8150, made out with $250.
So gotta ship those out, dead MIVE (ASUS just gave me new RMA), GSKILL PSC and LS's 3870K tomorrow.

Also, got my dewar full to the point that it was spurting a little in the car.
LS's 8150 though is just now happy in my CVF with LN2cooling pot mounted...apparently AMD wanted it for Trinity OC event but I had it...whoops
Hope to do stuff with that in an hour or two.

Then later tonight, will be working the rest of my LN2 on my 965 BE and 990FXA-UD5.

Looks like trans_am is gonna dig up his Tek-9 too and send it off to me, depending on what lower-midrange GPUs I can get by next friday, I'll do whatever 3D is appropriate ('03, '05, '06 etc) with the 965.
Then if I get my MIVE back from ASUS by the 26th, I'll possibly beat up on it with the OCF guys at their group bench session. IMOG doesn't seem to have any trouble with me coming over.

Oh, and the amount of cups I have is increasing by the day..., at least I'm good at overclocking hardware nobody bothers with. :D

Don_Dan
10-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Good luck for your session! :up:

The amount of team power points increases with the amount of cups you have, that's a good thing! ;)

BeepBeep2
10-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Good luck for your session! :up:

The amount of team power points increases with the amount of cups you have, that's a good thing! ;)
;)
I'm overclocking for the team, not just myself.
I can only increase my HWP realistically about 100-150 more unless I start getting really deep pockets...I guess my user points will go up and my rank in hardware masters...

If I find out my 2600K isn't dead and stuff, there are a lot of points hung out on that CPU, and hung out on my GPUs there...
I never benched my 955 BE completely, no suitable board until now, but now I sold it.
My FX-8150 was crap, and when I benched it the first time for multi-thread in April, I got about everything I was going to, plus it wasn't worth much for that...no popularity
I have a board now for 965BE which I'm gonna try to get 2D done before Tuesday, then maybe buy another 955 or two...

I've got a lot of stuff here to play with, and theoretically I have a lot of time, it is just the willpower and ability to put combinations that work better together to give full potential of each part that is lacking.

GPUs with no Ivy, and for a while now no Sandy,
Phenom II with no good boards,
Best AM3+ board but no good AM3+ CPU...
Arguably best AMD Socket A board, and semi-decent ram where we lack very many TPP, but no CPU cooler, or way to run it on LN2 yet
Missing 2D globals for myself because I only ran a few benches with Sandy
Great AM2 board but no AM2 CPUs, and 5600+ not up to par with good ones, and have some decent DDR2, we're missing a lot of TPP in Socket AM2

No money to just buy a replacement for even one of those mismatches...
I'll figure it out here soon and you'll see a lot from me :)

Been applying for part time jobs like mad, America has such a slow economy, and all the teenagers are fighting for their 4 hours / week at $ 7 USD / hour at local McDonalds...:mad:

I have $500 in bank, but will not touch it, because hardware depreciates in value especially if I am unable to buy, bench and get rid of quickly.

BeepBeep2
10-15-2012, 12:45 AM
:p:
Whatever works...
http://hwbot.org/submission/2320953_beepbeep2_3dmark03_radeon_hd_3450_8666_mar ks

BeepBeep2
10-15-2012, 02:55 AM
The FX-8150, exact same as other one.
7375 on best CU.
So over 4 hours, wasted about 10L LN2 binning cores, best one did 7300 at 1.8v, thinks were looking up, then pushed all the way to 2.05v and no better than 7375.
Different CPU-NB/HT multipliers, 800 - 2800, DRAM 800 to 1866...
CPU-NB voltage from 1.1 to 1.45v, VDDA from 2.5 to 2.8...HT Link voltage, NB voltage up to 1.3v...
Single channel ram, dual channel ram,
Tried lower multipliers, but took me backwards... < 7 GHz
Nothing works, CPU sucks, just like the other one, but all cores do 7 GHz or higher, probably an average 24/7 chip right around 4.6 GHz.
Ironic both CPUs do exactly the same CPU clock and exactly the same DRAM clock...

Well, Phenom II 965 next.
Bought another 955 too. The guy lapped it without taking info from IHS, but sounds like mid 2010 - early 2011 chip. He had 4.4 GHz stable with it on water, so should be good. Abused it really hard though with 1.66v for Prime95, he ended up getting 4.5 stable for 2 hrs of Prime, but at that voltage who knows if the CPU will do jack-squat when it gets to me.

Don_Dan
10-15-2012, 11:16 AM
*snip*

I have a few interesting setups for team points as well, just no time to bin my chips or even overclock at all.
Most of the stuff I have is S775 of course, but I have some S939 as well.

Whatever works...
http://hwbot.org/submission/2320953_beepbeep2_3dmark03_radeon_hd_3450_8666_mar ks

Nice work! :up:

I saw this at the bot's frontpage tonight:

Two new HWBOT Staff members: Genieben and Tapakah (http://hwbot.org/newsflash/1827_two_new_hwbot_staff_members_genieben_and_tapa kah)

The HWBOT Staff is pleased to announce that Genieben (Romania) and Tapakah (Latvia) have joined the staff. Genieben will mostly be focusing on behind-the-scenes work related to improving the benchmark security (think 'wrapper'). Tapakah will be actively hunting down cheaters.

We wish both of them the best of luck and hope they will enjoy their HWBOT adventure!

The HWBOT Staff.

Now that Tapakah is a mod at HWBot things will only get better... :rofl:

BeepBeep2
10-15-2012, 04:43 PM
You can save on the biostar board, got a board here that will do well.
As for the GPUs, I'll be fine. Killing a $50 GPU is a lot easier than killing $550 CPU/motherboard combo.

Just bought 4890, so now I've got a 4850, 4890, 5770. Missed out on 9800GTX+ sale, but I'll look for another. Anyone know if the 1GB cards are much faster than the 512MB?

TA, stick around and watch the show ;)

EDIT:
In other news, I have a 955 BE worth 7-7.1 GHz and 4.5+ CPU-NB in my hands now. Bad news is, last 5-10 minutes board acts like CPU is dead.
This board is liquid electrical taped, will tear down and try the CPU in another rig. :/

Mafio
10-16-2012, 07:44 AM
lol, I also expect John Lam to be hired as results moderator. :rofl:

BTW, is someone going to join the Hwbot "October rush" competition?
I put up a decent result for the stage 3 but I don't think I'll be able to join the next stages, I don't have the right hardware nor the time to find it.

l0ud_sil3nc3
10-16-2012, 09:11 AM
I tried to get 3DMark2000 to run on XP SP3 and no dice, so nothing here:(

Don_Dan
10-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Just bought 4890, so now I've got a 4850, 4890, 5770. Missed out on 9800GTX+ sale, but I'll look for another. Anyone know if the 1GB cards are much faster than the 512MB?

EDIT:
In other news, I have a 955 BE worth 7-7.1 GHz and 4.5+ CPU-NB in my hands now. Bad news is, last 5-10 minutes board acts like CPU is dead.
This board is liquid electrical taped, will tear down and try the CPU in another rig. :/

Do you think your AMD setup is strong enough to push these cards?
I don't think memory size makes a difference on the 9800GTX+. If it did there would be separate categories at the bot. The first cards in the ranking are 512MB cards as well.

7.1 sounds great, a dead CPU doesn't... Did the chip survive?

lol, I also expect John Lam to be hired as results moderator. :rofl:

BTW, is someone going to join the Hwbot "October rush" competition?
I put up a decent result for the stage 3 but I don't think I'll be able to join the next stages, I don't have the right hardware nor the time to find it.

Yeah, John Lam and OPB are probably next. :D

There's nothing planned for the other stages as far as I know, to be honest I really don't like these super-short stages at all...

Here's a link to Mafio's competition entry (http://hwbot.org/submission/2321197) for those who want to take a look at it. Nicely done! :up:

I tried to get 3DMark2000 to run on XP SP3 and no dice, so nothing here:(

3DMark2000 was stage 2, right?
I don't have any experience with that benchmark, the first I ever ran was 2001. :shrug:

You could probably get some help in the HWBot forums, it might be useful for future competitions.

BeepBeep2
10-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Not sure if chip survived yet. Cranky, snobby 14 year old would not allow any CPU swapping nonsense in his computer

As far as Phenom II being strong enough to push the cards, it should be doable. 01 might suffer a bit, the others won't be so bad.

Don_Dan
10-18-2012, 12:48 PM
That sucks, you really have some bad luck. :(

BeepBeep2
10-18-2012, 05:49 PM
My first Phenom II 965 was the worst I had ever seen to date, needed 1.56v+ for 3.9 GHz.
Since then it's been stroke of good/bad luck back and forth.

I don't really fking understand...I was not doing anything outrageous, and if condensation was the problem, wtf do I do, I eraser the whole socket area, and the back of the board was covered in liquid electrical tape, sealed...

CPU was not wet itself either, it is sealed in socket with eraser all the time.

#$&$%*%&

Board always lives, built like a freaking rock...

The previous owner had 4.4 GHz stable with 1.55v, I knew it was a 7 gig chip and he was really abusing on it, trying to get 4.5 GHz out of his Phenom II, giving 1.65-1.7v in Prime95 with water.

Can't be surprised it died, probably got to me already degraded :/

Don_Dan
10-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Wow, Prime at 1.7V on water is insane, no wonder the chip gave in. Pretty sure it was degraded when you got it.

Mafio won the third stage of this month's competition with an improved score! (http://hwbot.org/submission/2321809) :up:

BeepBeep2
10-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Nice. :D
A tek-9 slim came in the mail yesterday.

Due to the hectic nature of my household, I still have not gotten shipped what I wanted to.

The 955...it lives!!!

EDIT:
Team lost 300 points? o.o

Don_Dan
10-21-2012, 12:34 AM
It lives! 955 zombie! :D

I think it's due to the heavy PCMark benching with the new tweaks, Steve lost about 300 points team contribution as well.

ZenEffect
10-21-2012, 10:37 AM

I think it's due to the heavy PCMark benching with the new tweaks, Steve lost about 300 points team contribution as well.

that will be fixed soon enough. the supertweaks are not valid and those subs will get pulled pretty soon.

BeepBeep2
10-21-2012, 01:49 PM
The board lives as well! ...just installed it in a 24/7 rig, will take the 990FXA-UD5 for a few spins cold.

This last CPU exhibited the same behavior as when I killed my other 955...
Everyone talking about PSCheck killing bulldozer CPUs, and BD CPUs just dying at random, I think the board might be doing it. Most of those guys say that the CPU just pops at random at what seems to be reasonable voltage, then never recovers...but a few people I know have had zombie CPUs too lately.

When running high voltage (1.9v+) on the Crosshair V Formula under LN2, it seems to have a tendency to crash, then never recover...

A few times now, the board has done that to me, and gotten stuck on CPU_LED, most of the time mashing reset and power cycling a few times fixes it...but afterwards, no settings will stick in BIOS. No matter what is set, it would boot up saying "Please enter BIOS to recover settings", in which case only pulling the CMOS battery, unplugging and leaving it would help.

It feels similar to the weird stuff with Ivy, stuck multipliers and weird behavior

trans am
10-21-2012, 06:17 PM
what was that mysterious nvidia card?

chew*
10-21-2012, 07:28 PM
It's called bios corruption and happens with unstable memory and imc, quite often inflicted by cold and high clocks. Higher you go the more likely imc will crap out....720's were notorious for it which is why few people could get good results especially on a ddr III board.

l0ud_sil3nc3
10-21-2012, 07:33 PM
It's called bios corruption and happens with unstable memory and imc, quite often inflicted by cold and high clocks. Higher you go the more likely imc will crap out....

Nice to see you posting chew*:up:

Wondering if I can send you some cards for modification and of course pay you for your time?

chew*
10-21-2012, 07:52 PM
I still need to ship some stuff back to one more member but there are complications with going to wifes house to get stuff.......

For same reason other than one big trip I haven't sold anything since I shipped a bunch of stuff to zeneffect to get back to members. Still got hardware there a few phase units, dewars, ln2 cooling stuff.....preety much everything is still there except most vid cards and ram is gone......

I pulled my personal beast computer I built which my buddy has had for a year.......and only paid me $300 of the $1000 I sold it for which was dirt cheap for what it has.......About to give him his $300 back just so I can sell it before it depreciates even more............

Maybe later on when my lifes a little more stable.

Right now i live in a 24ft tow behind trailer parked at my buddies garage and they suck in the winter and winter is coming.

l0ud_sil3nc3
10-21-2012, 07:55 PM
I still need to ship some stuff back to one more member but there are complications with going to wifes house to get stuff.......rather not already in over my head already with things I need to do.

No worries man I am slammed at least for the next month before I have some time to do anything anyways. Hope all goes well with the complications. . .

BeepBeep2
10-22-2012, 12:37 AM
It's called bios corruption and happens with unstable memory and imc, quite often inflicted by cold and high clocks. Higher you go the more likely imc will crap out....720's were notorious for it which is why few people could get good results especially on a ddr III board.
That doesn't make sense to me when I was running 2 GHz CPU-NB @1.4v and DDR3-1066 CL9.
990FX/Crosshair V is the wrong platform to be overclocking Phenom II anyway...SuperPi I know for sure, the board costs about 10 seconds under LN2 efficiency wise. I've only had this issue a few times and mostly when binning cores on LN2 or trying for max CPU-Z. CPU_LED being stuck, like I said either mashing reset helps it or it doesn't, and whenever it recovers, I get the problem with settings not sticking on reboot from BIOS...

I've had it cross over to air too...the settings not sticking, not the dead CPU syndrome...
CLR CMOS button seemingly doesn't actually clear CMOS...and I realized I don't need to leave a CMOS battery in the board either, my settings are still there without it, only RTC changes back to 2008
After this issue occurs on LN2, I can pop in a new CPU for air and it does the same thing...set easy 4 GHz OC and the board doesn't take settings...load optimized defaults (everything was already auto) or using the jumper on the board is the only way to get it to work again...

G.Foyle
10-22-2012, 06:21 AM
That's the worst thing with todays tech - reset button does not reset anymore, power button does not power off sometimes, even clearcmos won't clear cmos for real...

BeepBeep2
10-22-2012, 06:32 AM
That's the worst thing with todays tech - reset button does not reset anymore, power button does not power off sometimes, even clearcmos won't clear cmos for real...
It's kind of bull:banana::banana::banana::banana:...
Also on the Crosshair V with Phenom II, many times when you save and exit bios under LN2 it does not reboot, you have to hit reset once to get it to boot from there. I've set settings in BIOS, saved and went to refill my thermos, then I come back and the pot is empty/lost LN2 from UEFI load. I haven't noticed it on air.

Why put a damn CMOS battery too if the only thing it does is keep the RTC happy...looks like settings are all stored in flash memory now.
The board had no power for 24 hours with no CMOS battery and the first boot on air cooling said "Please enter BIOS to recover settings..."
Within the BIOS, all my settings for 6 GHz boot with 1.775v were there...from a different CPU. While I'm happy my CPU was not dead, those settings were not supposed to exist.

Is this similar to the issue that Maximus V boards have with Ivy and the CLR CMOS button?

chew*
10-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Crosshair V was tuned to bulldozer after a certain bios......due to the different architechture most phenom II support was dropped after this specific point. Gary asked me about this and I agreed that to move forward no matter how sucky BD was which was NDA at the time that dropping PH II support was a necessary evil to improve BD support. Not that it wont work it's just not optimized for it.......

Not that the board won't work right with PH II, just need to have the right bios however electrically the board was tuned towards BD.....electrically it was also tuned to go cold for hours or extreme cold with no issues with BD where as previous boards needed you to warm certain components chips etc etc. IIRC once on a BD bios there was no flashing back to PH II bios with ch5.

If benching anything AMD board choice down to even bench specific board choice is critical......even ram/cpu used impacts board choice.

To sum up there is a right tool for every job.......using a hammer to do every job well......thats basically what your doing using PH II on ch5....eventually something will break.

Of all chips AMD I have ever clocked still to this date my favs were 3800X2 on grouper/manta, sempron on biostar, and llano on gigabyte......oddly enough none of those were top tier products yet they provided the most tweaking required, patience, skill and were very enjoyable possibly due to the challenging nature.

BeepBeep2
10-23-2012, 05:48 AM
Crosshair V was tuned to bulldozer after a certain bios......due to the different architechture most phenom II support was dropped after this specific point. Gary asked me about this and I agreed that to move forward no matter how sucky BD was which was NDA at the time that dropping PH II support was a necessary evil to improve BD support. Not that it wont work it's just not optimized for it.......

Not that the board won't work right with PH II, just need to have the right bios however electrically the board was tuned towards BD.....electrically it was also tuned to go cold for hours or extreme cold with no issues with BD where as previous boards needed you to warm certain components chips etc etc. IIRC once on a BD bios there was no flashing back to PH II bios with ch5.

If benching anything AMD board choice down to even bench specific board choice is critical......even ram/cpu used impacts board choice.

To sum up there is a right tool for every job.......using a hammer to do every job well......thats basically what your doing using PH II on ch5....eventually something will break.

Of all chips AMD I have ever clocked still to this date my favs were 3800X2 on grouper/manta, sempron on biostar, and llano on gigabyte......oddly enough none of those were top tier products yet they provided the most tweaking required, patience, skill and were very enjoyable possibly due to the challenging nature.
From personal testing, BIOS 0051 is my "Phenom II" bios...(This bios does not support release-stepping BD)...
By the time I got into LN2 and wanted to run Phenom II on the board too I wasn't able to get earlier bioses (which may be more efficient?)

BIOS 9913/9920 (Shamino's betas for individual core disable) is my choice BIOS for BD CPU-Z and memory clock...ironically though, I have tested two 8150s of different weeks, one was like 1.31v VID (week 1149 IIRC), the other 1.4v VID (1210) on LN2, both hit max 1462 memory and 7374 MHz highest core. Otherwise any later 24/7-oriented bios is usually fine for multi-threading benches and stuff on FX...

Also, the way I have been overclocking with PSCheck and ROG Connect for CPU-Z is a bit different than I've seen it done. I enable what cores I want in BIOS, boot at 30.5/31/31.5 multi and like 1.725v ~6.3 GHz, then use PSCheck to lower P-State of unwanted cores + ROG Connect to do the rest. I think that's how AndreYang was doing it too, why bother messing with hex values/programming P-States in PSCheck when 31.5 is max multi and boots easy...(?)

Hopefully my method isn't what has been hurting my max clocks?

The Gigabyte 990FX boards support Phenom II in full too, full efficiency, SPi 32M times are around the same as Crosshair IV, and BD efficiency seems about the same as Crosshair V too. I picked up a UD5 so I could bench Phenom II because the M4A89TD Pro I had was not suitable for use under LN2. I talked to Infrared too which had the same problems - throttling or BSOD with any type of load on LN2...but he tried Phenom II on a 970A-UD3, had nice efficiency outside the VRM being a PITA without LLC.

I know you said you talked to Gary (where did he go? I can't get a hold of anyone at asus/rog since like December last year) about this and decided that Phenom II optimization had to be dropped but what differentiates it from possible performance on Giga? I love the board, you can almost run it in a puddle of water without issues and it doesn't die...but efficiency with Phenom II is similar to how MSI 790FX boards ran 32M vs ASUS CH III...

You gotta realize, it was because I couldn't afford another board. My M4A89 sucked and was broken, burnt trace a while back and I fixed it with a wire/solder but it pulled the trace completely off when I was trying to remove liquid elec tape from the back.

While I would have liked to had a CH III or CH IV, I put my limited money elsewhere...

chew*
10-23-2012, 06:33 AM
IIRC once on a BD bios there was no flashing back to PH II bios with ch5.

Flashing back was a issue. Certain code would not be rewritten if flashing back.

Don_Dan
10-23-2012, 07:18 AM
Good to see you posting again, Brian! :)

BeepBeep2
10-23-2012, 07:36 AM
IIRC once on a BD bios there was no flashing back to PH II bios with ch5.

Flashing back was a issue. Certain code would not be rewritten if flashing back.
I know what you said.
0051/0052 didn't support BD, try to put in a retail CPU and it will sit on CPU_LED all day.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?271751-ASUS-Official-AMD-9xx-Chipset-Series-Motherboard-Support

This thread will be used to provide official support for ASUS AMD 9** series chipset motherboards. Share your experience, tips, tricks and place support/technical queries...
[/...]
Crosshair V Formula beta BIOSes:

Fix improves NB Core frequency stability after making changes in UEFI:

51 is with S3:
dead link

52 is without S3, for extreme overclocking:
dead link
...Link to latest bios...(at the time was 0705 which was my backup in case I lost my copy 0051.)

AFAIK, I can flash back and forth from any bios without issue...as long as I have an X4 to flash with...been doing it for a while and it works every time :shrug:
The BD bioses like 9913/9920 betas, and later finals, you can't OC Phenom II worth a :banana::banana::banana::banana: on. Getting CPU/CPUNB/DRAM settings to stick/work is extremely tedious and memory compatibility (ie. trying to run 1800 CL6) gets much worse.

chew*
10-23-2012, 08:37 AM
I feel like I'm talking to a wall.......but lets try one more time......flashing forward at a certain point overwrote part of the bios.......flashing back could not overwrite this part of bios becasue it's not part of the flash.......yes you could flash back but it would not write the previous microcode back.........We made this very clear back then in the ch5 beta bios thread.

Elpida hyper compatibility was dropped as well for justifiable reasons......IC's no longer being made would be a good start of the reason.

You had quite a few boards and stuff donated, you sold them. Your choice. I don't even OC anymore and I still never sold my "tools" and what I did sell I kept "close to home" so to speak.

As far as Gary, we haven't chatted much but I can imagine that time spent on AMD platforms probably got cut with ivy on the way.

I never really tried to contact people, they contacted me, thats the way this industry works.

BeepBeep2
10-24-2012, 03:57 PM
I feel like I'm talking to a wall.......but lets try one more time......flashing forward at a certain point overwrote part of the bios.......flashing back could not overwrite this part of bios becasue it's not part of the flash.......yes you could flash back but it would not write the previous microcode back.........We made this very clear back then in the ch5 beta bios thread.

Elpida hyper compatibility was dropped as well for justifiable reasons......IC's no longer being made would be a good start of the reason.

You had quite a few boards and stuff donated, you sold them. Your choice. I don't even OC anymore and I still never sold my "tools" and what I did sell I kept "close to home" so to speak.

As far as Gary, we haven't chatted much but I can imagine that time spent on AMD platforms probably got cut with ivy on the way.

I never really tried to contact people, they contacted me, thats the way this industry works.
1. Yes, I understand what you've been saying. However AGESA microcode is reported in BIOS as changed when I flash the older BIOS back and all compatibility comes back too- the board acts like it did when I had it before Bulldozer. I'm not saying you're wrong or right- and I remember the discussion you talk about- but all I'm telling you is how it behaves and what I can see...and having had the board before BD came around and having done some OC on it with Phenom II before ever having flashed a BD bios, I know that the board behaves the same now to me with a Phenom-only BIOS than it did before BD was here. Maybe the microcode you are speaking of only relates to the efficiency problems I'm mentioning???...

But IIRC, you and I both agreed early on, a year or more ago, that none of the BIOSes were tuned for Phenom II, because even the BIOSes without BD support already had preliminary Bulldozer ES support.

2. Elpida Hyper compatibility dropped? I don't think so. I was able to hit almost 2133 P95 stable (http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/691/hyperfx2162.png) with my first FX-8150, over 2000 stable with two after that. Phenom II, still 1830+ in 32M under LN2 (but like I was saying, the board is slow)- http://hwbot.org/submission/2295560_beepbeep2_superpi_32m_phenom_ii_x4_965_be_ 10min_31sec_657ms

3. You/Simon/unclear exactly who donated an 890GPA-UD3H...Gary donated me a 4870X2 after I already owned HD5770s and it was doing nothing but sitting...eventually I wanted to upgrade, I had no cash, what did you expect? Anything else that was given to me, I still have...the Micron D9 from you and chispy, the 565 BE from Simon, the M4A89 / X25-V from Gary and the Corsair H70 you donated are still in my hands and being put to good use, minus the M4A89 that committed suicide in a 24/7 machine. Talking to me like I just turned around to take $$$ for all of the stuff that was donated to me is pretty low, the 4870X2 went to a good home (kid my age at TPU that needed a GPU badly for cheap, sold for like $90 shipped long ago) and the 890GPA-UD3H I sold local to a guy 15 minutes away who I have met personally...

Gary was going to send me a lot more stuff in July 2011, gave FedEx a package, told them to hold it until I got back from vacation, then disappeared...I never heard from him again except a few short PMs, (one saying smth like "Hope you're enjoying your new stuff"), and tried to email him but the package never arrived and till this day is unclear if it even got back to him...after a few months I gave up on bothering him about it, he was too busy with other things to remember he had sent it/realize it hadn't gotten here.

4. That makes sense, but he hasn't been around at all for a year now, nor has Brian(@ASUS), the only people around are Raja and Praz who IMO are a little bitter toward the community and often ignore people...futhermore barely post here and don't update here anymore, just keep to ROG Forums.

5. While it's nice that people contacted you, how much does it hurt to ask? At least one person contacted me too, I didn't go ask Gary for stuff, he asked for my addy and it showed up at my door...but things have changed, those people got reassigned, nobody is asking anymore because nobody is looking for people to ask. Furthermore, if I ask and don't receive, I'm not gonna sit and :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: about it...I don't take stuff for granted, I am appreciative of what is given to me.

You and I are much alike, and that's why we don't get along. We both have thick skulls and are very opinionated, we're confident in what we say and aren't extremely receptive to change. We don't always go about things the most efficient way, either. While I'd love to sit here and argue all day about what you think and what you think about my methods or what you think I don't understand, I've got bigger things to do...

BeepBeep2
10-24-2012, 04:26 PM
This thread has taken quite a turn for the worse...
Prepping my UD5 and zombie 955 now...got like 5-10L LN2 left, gonna try to use it up tonight tackling CPU-Z/1M/32M on a fresh OS. Had a migraine all morning/afternoon so skipped school and was bedridden...now I'll just stay up the night to fall back into sleep rhythm.

7088 MHz was the highest number I saw with it on the CHV, hopefully I can match that again and get that validated...
Top 3 32M should be easy, depending what it has in it for CPUNB, then 1st/2nd will be a stretch with this CPU. Feels good to have a 7 GHz 955 though :)

chew*
10-24-2012, 08:33 PM
While it's nice that people contacted you, how much does it hurt to ask?

Gary contacted you shortly after my donation and thread and while we were in daily contact and I was working closely with ROG. Things that make you go hmm.

I'll answer this only.....

In this industry?

More than you can fathom.

Won't even comment on the rest other than I gave you advice......do with it what you will.

We are far from alike.

You remind me of my son........who is now court ordered in dcf custody and facing many charges because he doesn't listen to quality advice.

BeepBeep2
10-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Am I missing something here?
What am I missing? I heard what you said about the microcode, and I believe you. But WTF does it do and what does it affect is all I'm asking, because so far I've found that it affects nothing or doesn't appear to "not work"...

Okay, I realize why Gary contacted me, what's the problem? You're gonna fault me for asking people? The worst that can happen is that they say no, and I move on...I don't get all bent out of shape because I'd get denied free :banana::banana::banana::banana:, that's delusional...but I'm not gonna sit around and hope for someone to reach out when nobody is watching either...what is wrong with being opportunistic?

What people do you think I've asked? I never asked anyone to give me free hardware to OC all for myself...

I've asked AMD for some CPUs so we can upgrade 10 lab PCs in our high school, where the kids studying for CompTIA and Cisco certs pull apart PCs and we use them for other things too...senior project coming up and plans are to do a distributed computing project...no $$$$ in the program means I'm looking for grants. I asked him for another CPU or two too so I can provide a live LN2 OC demonstration at the school building next month...the guy gave me a maybe.

You claim they (ASUS) dropped Hyper support for CHV, yet it works up to 2133-2200 in 32M with FX, you claim a specific part of microcode didn't flashback for Phenom II, yet it appears to have (who knows if it does or not, and I you still won't explain what it does), you basically claim I sell off anything people ever give me or make it seem like I don't care about it, which isn't true...

I sold off one motherboard to a guy a know and sold a GPU I was given but couldn't use to a person that could put it to use for a lowball price...the rest of the stuff is all still here...

You have always made it seem like I don't know what I'm doing too, you act like I'm an idiot for running Phenom II on Crosshair V, I've been doing it because I had to...my 890FX board took a $#^t in my brother's PC and I didn't have money for another board...all my intel stuff (57x 2600K/MIVE/good PSC) took a $#^t too or otherwise it would have been benched and sold...

Now I have the 990FXA-UD5 which actually works efficiently with the X4s only because my M4A is FUBAR...

I don't see where you're going with this, saying I'm like your son who is in DCF custody because I don't listen, I'm not a little kid anymore chew* and while I'm not always right you probably shouldn't pretend like I'm always wrong either...

chew*
10-24-2012, 09:21 PM
No faulting.

Just the harsh reality how this industry works.

The phrase "ask and ye shall receive" does not apply here. In fact it's rather the opposite.

Old boards are dirt cheap, buy em use em. Less chance of killing PH II's, better results etc etc.

BD's imc is looser everything clocks higher. Hyper works....but not like it should no where near what it could.

Example? Use it for 3d benching on Llano. It seems ok, you can run 32m fine but when you try cranking them up and running 3d you see they lack the support and have conflicts with the cpu.

BD is no different. CH5 runs preety relaxxed so combine that with BD's relaxxed imc and you can see decent speeds...about it though.

Sons 17.....he isn't a kid either....well until he's 18...he is to the courts......

BeepBeep2
10-24-2012, 09:32 PM
No faulting.

Just the harsh reality how this industry works.

The phrase "ask and ye shall receive" does not apply here. In fact it's rather the opposite.

Old boards are dirt cheap, buy em use em.

BD's imc is looser everything clocks higher. Hyper works....but not like it should no where near what it could.

Example? Use it for 3d benching on Llano. It seems ok, you can run 32m fine but when you try cranking them up and running 3d you see they lack the support and have conflicts with the cpu.

BD is no different. CH5 runs preety relaxxed so combine that with BD's relaxxed imc and you can see decent speeds...about it though.
I realize that I will probably fail 9/10 times I ask, but it barely hurts to put the 5 minutes in to ask in the first place...I get what you mean with "not worth the effort" but who knows, maybe I'll get lucky. I don't think the lottery is worth the effort either, but people still play it.

Old boards are also hard to come by.
I posted up wanted threads for CHIVF/CHIVE/Giga 890FX for a while, no answers...eventually I got the 990FXA-UD5 which should do well:
http://hwbot.org/submission/2263667 (Giga 970 UD3, but no LLC, same with 990FX UD3 no LLC, so Infrared recommended I just pick up UD5)
vs
http://hwbot.org/submission/2295367 (Crosshair V)

I saw about 3D and Hypers on Llano. I thought it was really interesting. :)

On BD though I can get P95 stable up to 2133 which is pretty nice, not much worse than PSC, kinda like difference on Thuban with Hyper/PSC.

chew*
10-24-2012, 09:45 PM
One spec for hyper is 2250 8-8-8. If this can not be acchieved at stock dram and stock NB volts then one needs to ask what is the issue. Is it the board? Is it the cpu? Is it the ram?

In BD's case its the cpu.....can it be fixed with bios? Well psc is tuning is 180 degrees tuning of hyper and no compat issues with BD and sold currently.

Worth electrically retuning board for a dated IC? No.

Worth losing compatibility with a currently sold IC? No.

This is just the basics before release of a product.

BeepBeep2
10-24-2012, 09:49 PM
One spec for hyper is 2250 8-8-8. If this can not be acchieved at stock dram and stock NB volts then one needs to ask what is the issue. Is it the board? Is it the cpu? Is it the ram?

In BD's case its the cpu.....can it be fixed with bios? Well psc is tuning is 180 degrees tuning of hyper and no compat issues with BD and sold currently.

Worth electrically retuning board for a dated IC? No.

Worth losing compatibility with a currently sold IC? No.

This is just the basics before release of a product.
Of course.

Same goes for intel setups though (not sure bout lynnfield/bloomfield as much), but same went for Thuban, I feel like the clocks have more to do with something of the IC than just tuning the platform...of maybe just all the platforms aren't tuned for Hypers...but I feel there's more.

As far as microcode not flashing back on CHV, I still don't really understand this...

chew*
10-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Make more sense if it was a bar graph but......one flash was designed to write over part of a file not usually written to other one wasn't and it will read only not write back.

BeepBeep2
10-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Make more sense if it was a bar graph but......one flash was designed to write over part of a file not usually written to other one wasn't and it will read only not write back.
Okay, I get this much now...
But I don't understand what that part does or why it is important, because it acts the same to me. On 9913 for example, I can't OC CPU-NB or Hypers very well at all...flashing to 0051, everything works great again.

When I had this board in virgin state (no BD BIOS) I only used it on air though, so maybe I'm missing something in regards to how it acts/behaves or how it would have on LN2.

Don_Dan
10-25-2012, 12:55 PM
This thread has taken quite a turn for the worse...
Prepping my UD5 and zombie 955 now...got like 5-10L LN2 left, gonna try to use it up tonight tackling CPU-Z/1M/32M on a fresh OS. Had a migraine all morning/afternoon so skipped school and was bedridden...now I'll just stay up the night to fall back into sleep rhythm.

7088 MHz was the highest number I saw with it on the CHV, hopefully I can match that again and get that validated...
Top 3 32M should be easy, depending what it has in it for CPUNB, then 1st/2nd will be a stretch with this CPU. Feels good to have a 7 GHz 955 though :)

I'm looking forward to seeing some scores! ;)

Okay, I realize why Gary contacted me, what's the problem? You're gonna fault me for asking people? The worst that can happen is that they say no, and I move on...I don't get all bent out of shape because I'd get denied free :banana::banana::banana::banana:, that's delusional...but I'm not gonna sit around and hope for someone to reach out when nobody is watching either...what is wrong with being opportunistic?

Don't be so sure about that...

BeepBeep2
10-26-2012, 07:33 AM
Oooookay

ZenEffect
10-27-2012, 12:12 PM
when your name comes up in private conversation such as pm or in a private section of various forums, you are being watched. its something to think about before posting up criticisms or sarcastic remarks as without doing so, you wont get far.

Movieman
10-27-2012, 12:35 PM
snip...
Okay, I realize why Gary contacted me, .
I could write you a book on that guy..:rolleyes:

Dumo
10-27-2012, 01:55 PM
So many talented overclockers that went exile, either by choice or made it that way by its peer.

For those peeps theres no more audience for their overclocking achievement, they will become obscure as quik as new cpu release:(

Just be nice and decent to your peers.

Just my 2 cents

BeepBeep2
10-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Learning everyday. Thanks guys. However to address a few comments...

My 2c:
My scuffle with chew* is reminiscent of the past, apparently I never understand anything he says...I believe some of what he says is true and some is false, I think he is sometimes a bit quick to come up with a conclusion without all the information necessary to do so.

I'm a bit frustrated with personal attacks too, some I feel don't have any place. Much of what I said earlier I could have stated more elegantly...I didn't mean to say that nobody is watching, because I don't know that or not, but I was being faulted for apparently "asking" for everything and asking everyone which quite simply is not the case, (and I was saying, "what could it hurt to ask courteously?") outside of you guys when you've had some spare hardware or such...and I appreciate it immensely.

I just felt as if he was saying I don't appreciate it, that I just sold all the stuff that was given to me, like I'm some kind of rotten person...

EDIT:
Also, while it may seem rude to challenge his position, most of the time he is talking regarding my issues after I ask a question, I never really get an answer to my question, just bickered at because I never listen to his advice or because I'm doing something really stupid and expecting it to work perfectly (which I don't...)...

BeepBeep2
10-28-2012, 10:10 AM
With recent strokes of bad luck and a rough life lately in general, I've been pretty afraid of killing hardware.
I didn't have time the other night to run this 955 again, school was more important. Now I've got the evening and 1/3 dewar of LN2. Hope I don't kill something. I've got a lot of mountains to climb in many places in my life and it's funny that I'm even afraid to climb them in a hobby of mine, I guess I'm worried about the money, I've gotta go to college in 9 months...my money should really not be in this right now, nor should I feel like I have something to prove since I've left a lot of points on the table...

I need to start having fun again...maybe I should swap some CPUs for Semprons/Pentiums and swap GPUs for low-end, grab some TPP along the way.

Sorry guys about cluttering the thread here too, what should have been a civil discussion about some simple things got heated rather quickly and I said some stuff I didn't mean, probably because I never listen to "good advice". There's a lot more I want to say but I should be respectful to my peers too. I feel like there should usually be mutual respect though and there never is.

I feel dumb. Not really sure what all I did wrong but I did something.

Here we go, pouring LN2...

chew*
10-28-2012, 08:47 PM
I could write you a book on that guy..:rolleyes:

His forum presence and support etc etc is his job.....

I can tell you from personal experience however that when the job is not in the way Gary is the type of guy that will give you the shirt off his own back.

I watched him spend the better part of 2 days tossing a free complete ground up AMD rig together and installing OS etc etc for some poor girl ( complete stranger ) who's system took a dump at quakecon.

After what he did there I will defend him personally as an individual till the cows come home.

My :2cents:

Movieman
10-28-2012, 08:56 PM
His forum presence and support etc etc is his job.....

I can tell you from personal experience however that when the job is not in the way Gary is the type of guy that will give you the shirt off his own back.

My :2cents:
I'm sure thats what you saw from him but you know me well enough that I'm not BS'ing you and this guy has a lot to learn about dealing with people.
ALL I have ever asked of anyone was to tell me the truth. Good news, bad news, doesn't matter just don't play me because that pisses me off beyond belief.
Someday I'm going to sit down and write it all out with the emails, the dates and then going from him to dealing with that Raja guy..
You know that old expression 'Couldn't find his ass with both hands"? Substitute the word truth for ass and your damned close..
Heading to bed pal,take care of yourself..

BeepBeep2
10-28-2012, 09:48 PM
I agree with both of you on a few things.
A few times I've gone to PM Raja over the last year about ASUS products and his PM box was full every time...
Then I'd go to ROG Forums and he wouldn't answer...never has never does.

Then about Gary, I think he is a kind guy personally since he was willing to scrap quite a bit of stuff together for me, just so I could have fun, but also, he would just disappear for no reason at all for weeks, then come back like he was never gone, I'd ask him some questions and by the time he could get back to me he didn't know what I was asking anymore or what I was saying, like when a package he was said to have sent me never arrived and when he finally got back here to talk about it, it was a single PM and he acted like he was glad I was enjoying the stuff that never arrived.

I didn't mean to pester him about it but I was worried the package was lost, apparently at one point it was in Fedex's system...
Just went away and never found out if it got returned to him or if lost completely or whatever...

Then Brian@ASUS, which usually answered any questions I had, just disappeared last year with Gary, though Gary logs in here like once every 4 months for 5 minutes to say something then never follows up on what he says or on the discussion...

...confusing.

I've seen Gary around xda-developers forums pretty active earlier in this year about ASUS tablets/mobile products, but nowhere else.

chew*
10-28-2012, 09:53 PM
Gary is under pressure of his job. I'm sure many people can relate to having to do things we don't like for the sake of supporting our family which I know for a fact is very important to him......theres an inside story to that that is personal and his business so I'm not going into detail as I respect peoples privacy.

Raja is just Raja and i'll leave it at that.

Brian@ASUS left ASUS shortly after I quit. He had been accepted at another job.

BeepBeep2
10-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Okay, I think I remember talk about Brian@ASUS getting a new job elsewhere, must have slipped my mind.

I tried emailing Gary at his work email about that package during that time too and no replies, seems to me several hundred dollars of hardware he gave up were just lost in the mail or something...he was gonna send me a 990X board to test in early July I believe and mentioned something about "extra surprises" in the package as a type of birthday present or something. (Birthday is in July)

After two months after shipping date (~Sept 2011) I gave up on trying to contact him, I figured he was busy and had more important things to do. :shrug:

I know his daughter was struck ill...

Dumo
10-28-2012, 10:49 PM
Imo, the right thing to do is not talking bout other peeps in this thread, especially if it personal and they're not here to give their side of the story (or whatever it is been discussed).

It just not cool:(

Don_Dan
10-29-2012, 08:55 AM
With recent strokes of bad luck and a rough life lately in general, I've been pretty afraid of killing hardware.
I didn't have time the other night to run this 955 again, school was more important. Now I've got the evening and 1/3 dewar of LN2. Hope I don't kill something. I've got a lot of mountains to climb in many places in my life and it's funny that I'm even afraid to climb them in a hobby of mine, I guess I'm worried about the money, I've gotta go to college in 9 months...my money should really not be in this right now, nor should I feel like I have something to prove since I've left a lot of points on the table...

I need to start having fun again...maybe I should swap some CPUs for Semprons/Pentiums and swap GPUs for low-end, grab some TPP along the way.

Here we go, pouring LN2...

Did you get some results in with the 955?
I understand you're worried about the money and this makes pushing hard kind of impossible. :(
I thought you bought some Socket A stuff, maybe work on that some more. It's cheap and CPUs can be easily replaced. I don't think beching (cheap) VGAs is such a good idea as you'll still need a decent setup to push them and if you go subzero there's always a risk to the motherboard.

Of course we respect you for what you're doing, however sometimes I think you try to achieve too many things at once, focus on one thing and complete it before you think about the other stuff you can bench! By the way, I'll reply to your PM later. :)

Imo, the right thing to do is not talking bout other peeps in this thread, especially if it personal and they're not here to give their side of the story (or whatever it is been discussed).

It just not cool:(

I agree with you, all this shouldn't be discussed in public. I'll clean up a bit when I get the rights to do so.

Guys, if you want to discuss these issues, please take it to PM. :)

Mafio
10-30-2012, 12:25 PM
hey guys, some days ago a dude called me and offered me something which I couldn't really say no.
I'm not going to explain what he offered me etc etc, but one of the terms of the agreement was to leave the team XS.
I hope you guys understand, this is going to be a really big step forward for me and I really couldn't say no to him.

keep up the good work team XS.
Fabio

BeepBeep2
10-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Uhh...

No, no results with 955. Only got OS installed and decided I was out of LN2

Don_Dan
10-31-2012, 03:13 PM
hey guys, some days ago a dude called me and offered me something which I couldn't really say no.
I'm not going to explain what he offered me etc etc, but one of the terms of the agreement was to leave the team XS.
I hope you guys understand, this is going to be a really big step forward for me and I really couldn't say no to him.

Fabio

Well, it makes me very sad to see you leave the team. :(
I guess I have an idea what you've been offered, so good luck with your new overclocking endeavours!

Movieman
10-31-2012, 03:16 PM

Fabio
Just my 2 cents but asking someone to leave a team over any offer is crossing the line of shall we call it "class"

BeepBeep2
11-04-2012, 10:40 AM
@Movieman - Nobody cares about class anymore in this world, everyone is fueled by emotion, not logic and the game is every man for himself.

Looking down in my dewar, seems I have 3-4L LN2 left. Like 2 inches on the bottom.
Didn't want to bother with 5L the other day on the 955...but might as well not let this go to waste.

But my HD3450 is sitting here and I think can easily take #1 for all HD3450 benches on LN2. All I need is the CPU on the stock cooler, don't really need to push it any.

Pretty soon here I'm gonna prep the card and re prep the motherboard to see what I can get here. I just now ordered some liquid electrical tape, but I think I can spread eraser pretty thin on the card for now to where it shouldn't be an issue.

Don_Dan
11-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Good idea, let's get back on topic! :up:

Guys, show some scores please! :)

ZenEffect
11-05-2012, 04:57 PM
http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2326554_zeneffect_aquamark_radeon_hd_4890_462926_m arks ?

easy 1st run on 7. xp was 10k LESS... stupid wrapper.

this weekend was a disaster of 55! stupid eraser getting in the way. next time george, we will be more prepared.

BeepBeep2
11-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Quick question:
Does the 4800 series just not scale well with LN2 or something?

It's hard to look at air results at 1000-1100 MHz and LN2 results at like 1100-1200.
I've got a 4890 too; for future benching I was just wondering.

That run is really impressive :up:

Mafio
11-06-2012, 02:13 AM
to unleash the full potential of HD4890 you need this: http://downloads.hwbot.org/downloads/VGABIOS/4890refpll.bin
back in the days I had two cards both capable of 1250+ at LN2 using this bios.

G.Foyle
11-06-2012, 10:02 AM
I did 1200/1200 without SF3D's BIOS, but my card wasn't 100% retail. IMO 4890 could benefit from a better PCB/power circuitry.

Splave
11-06-2012, 10:32 AM
nice aq3 zen

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-06-2012, 12:58 PM
nice aq3 zen

Indeed, the 7970 Lightning we were benching was all problems, but that first try on 7 for his card was smooth sailing, 465k should be doable.

Had a great time benching even with the 55 woes lol

Don_Dan
11-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Is that Aquamark run the only score from your session? That must've been a lot of "55"... :rofl:

chew*
11-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Quick question:
Does the 4800 series just not scale well with LN2 or something?

It's hard to look at air results at 1000-1100 MHz and LN2 results at like 1100-1200.
I've got a 4890 too; for future benching I was just wondering.

That run is really impressive :up:

Some cards cold bug, some are mod challenged (ref), some are pwm challenged(ref).....combine digital pwm challenged(ref) with really no incredibly successfull or proven mods(ref) and a possible cold bug at a given temp and your limited to the quality of the card (core/mem).....and or how much ln2 you want to waste to get one run to pass at slightly higher clocks......

Not many ref 4890's topped 1250 core....many were plagued with a funky screen over 1200 core with or without a certain bios.

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Is that Aquamark run the only score from your session? That must've been a lot of "55"... :rofl:

Well. . . . yes haha

We were testing my 7970 Lightning on the UD7, but the card was not cooperating at all, constant artifacts crashes and random black screens.

Not sure if the card needs any mods or just doing it wrong.

Oh well I will be tackling it once I fill up again on Thursday.

ZenEffect
11-06-2012, 04:53 PM
ALOT of 55. we only benched about 6 hours total.... the rest was fighting a stupid mount and dealing with motherboard issues. next time... im not even going to bother. just run on what i know works 100% of the time and go with that (like i do normally.)

fyi... 4890 was completely unmodded. its being prepped right now (conformal drying, hard mods done) for another stab. the last weekend was just too frustrating and my head wasnt "in it"

Don_Dan
11-07-2012, 04:17 AM
Well. . . . yes haha

We were testing my 7970 Lightning on the UD7, but the card was not cooperating at all, constant artifacts crashes and random black screens.

Not sure if the card needs any mods or just doing it wrong.

Oh well I will be tackling it once I fill up again on Thursday.

I thought the 7970 didn't need mods, maybe ask someone who has mastered the card what they did and if they encountered those problems as well. Might just be a bad card, who knows.

ALOT of 55. we only benched about 6 hours total.... the rest was fighting a stupid mount and dealing with motherboard issues. next time... im not even going to bother. just run on what i know works 100% of the time and go with that (like i do normally.)

fyi... 4890 was completely unmodded. its being prepped right now (conformal drying, hard mods done) for another stab. the last weekend was just too frustrating and my head wasnt "in it"

If you could improve our scores with the 4890, that would be awesome. A first run for Heaven would nice as well! Good luck! :up:

Don_Dan
11-09-2012, 09:02 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img716/584/topscoresnovember9th201.jpg

Let's hear it for Marcolecorse! Nice benching with SB-E and two 7970 Lightning! :up:

marcolecorse
11-09-2012, 03:32 PM
hello

:up:
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8021/20121110002857.jpg (http://img545.imageshack.us/i/20121110002857.jpg/)

Don_Dan
11-09-2012, 04:04 PM
I see you were able to improve your 2x VGA Vantage result by almost 500 points! Nice work! :up:

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-09-2012, 11:56 PM
awesome work Marco:D

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Some BBSE cold:D

http://i.imgur.com/xkqqQ.jpg (http://imgur.com/xkqqQ)

Don_Dan
11-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Crazy picture, I already replied in the 32M thread! :D

Either you were benching for days or the humidity in your area is very very high...

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Crazy picture, I already replied in the 32M thread! :D

Either you were benching for days or the humidity in your area is very very high...

ps no vaseline was used:)

BeepBeep2
11-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Hey guys.
Finally got all my life sorted out, and for this moment, life is sublime. Finally shipping things out that have needed to be for a long time too. I'm glad I have resolved so many of my personal problems.

I never got to benching anything I said I would, but that's okay. I did prep my HD 3450 for LN2 yesterday morning. I'm going to install the OS and set up everything tonight with an identical HD 3450, but dewar needs a refill. This card I have has the best clocking ram of all cards on HWBOT and I think it can take 1st on all benches for HD 3450 on LN2.

I am using liquid electrical tape to seal the cards/motherboards - anyone using silicone conformal from MG Chem? How easy is it to take off? The LET can be hard to remove, especially in areas where it's thin.

I should have started sealing boards a long time ago since maybe I would still have a working intel setup.

Regardless-
I've gotten a lot of things sorted and organized lately, I'm making sure I'm not procrastinating about anything that needs to be done. I've gotta starting enjoying doing things again too. I think it's been tough for me to make decisions about anything since I've got 50 things I can bench but haven't, and lots of schoolwork/housework otherwise I didn't do when I should have. Life just overwhelms me, I think too much, and I can't let it be that way.

Thanks to the guys that reached out to me and gave me some advice too, that made me realize my life is what I make of it.

SteveRo
11-12-2012, 04:28 AM
Hey guys.

I am using liquid electrical tape to seal the cards/motherboards - anyone using silicone conformal from MG Chem? How easy is it to take off? The LET can be hard to remove, especially in areas where it's thin.

Good morning Beep,

I have used both liquid tape and MG chem conformal.
MG chem conformal seem to work great (never in or too close to the socket though).
I think the MG should be a little better than the liquid tape but both work.
MG was always through the mail, liquid tape is at walmart - 5 minutes away.
I used multiple coats of both when I used them.
Actually even used tape over conformal when I thought the conformal coat was weak.
Never tried to take any of the stuff off - always fearful of damaging the board.
Hope this helps :)

Steve.

BeepBeep2
11-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Thanks SteveRo :D

The liquid tape comes off the PCB fine if it's super thick...it sticks to itself well and doesn't adhere to the board after you begin pulling it up. Seems it just shrinks tight as it dries.

It's just, it is a pain to take off unless I do like 3 thick and even coats over the whole area...I'm wasting a lot of it I don't need.

Is the conformal a bit softer?

Don_Dan
11-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Hey guys.
Finally got all my life sorted out, and for this moment, life is sublime. Finally shipping things out that have needed to be for a long time too. I'm glad I have resolved so many of my personal problems.

Thanks to the guys that reached out to me and gave me some advice too, that made me realize my life is what I make of it.

I'm glad you got it sorted! :)

chew*
11-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Conform is pretty permanent on motherboards, vgas can be submerged in an acetone bath to clean them. Motherboards not so lucky, crap will get in cpu sockets, dimm slots and pci slots.

SteveRo
11-13-2012, 05:04 AM
Conform is pretty permanent on motherboards.

totally concur. :)

BeepBeep2
11-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Conform is pretty permanent on motherboards, vgas can be submerged in an acetone bath to clean them. Motherboards not so lucky, crap will get in cpu sockets, dimm slots and pci slots.
Alright, then I'll stick with the liquid tape.

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-14-2012, 01:05 AM
^no need for any of that stuff unless you live somewhere extra humid imho.

BeepBeep2
11-14-2012, 06:05 AM
^ About 45-55% humidity 24/7 here in the house.
We get a lot of rain up here in NE Ohio :(

Not super humid but I need to seal GPUs because after a little bit there is just frost all over. I try to run a dehumidifier in the room when I'm benching but I bench in a large room so it doesn't help as much as I wish.

When I tried HD 3450 bare on LN2 frost was getting all over the VRM and stuff and I could boot to windows but everything was corrupt and unstable...then it worked it's way down to the PCIE riser cable I was using and that got all wet and frozen over.

The card was still partially functional when I gave up that night, so I dried it and prepped the whole thing now so it could run in a puddle.

I don't worry about motherboards quite as much, the eraser does well enough...except I'm going to start removing the VRM/PWM heatsinks from now on if I plan to bench a long session.

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-17-2012, 03:20 AM
testing a new chip:cool:

http://i.imgur.com/77Zn9.png (http://imgur.com/77Zn9)

inefficient 1M

http://i.imgur.com/xd4Vl.png (http://imgur.com/xd4Vl)

cpu has a bit more in it, I was just having issues with the IMC as it does not want to run 2600+ c8 with tight subs on BBSE.

Don_Dan
11-17-2012, 06:22 AM
Very nice chip George, getting closer to four fortytwo. :D

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/11/3/0P6K3BsDsUaufUmANrphNw2.gif

SteveRo
11-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Master Loud, very nice!! :up::clap:

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-21-2012, 10:37 AM
and of course I forgot to save the file:rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/m7B0U.png (http://imgur.com/m7B0U)

also not expecting a top 20 for 11 and I just realized I forgot to save a validation link:eek:

http://i.imgur.com/h8z6I.png (http://imgur.com/h8z6I)

SteveRo
11-21-2012, 01:26 PM
^^ Still great clocks!! :clap::clap:

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-21-2012, 01:41 PM
^^ Still great clocks!! :clap::clap:

thanks Steve, going to fill up today so I will be stocked for the long weekend.

Don_Dan
11-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Great clocks!! :up:

Maybe a bit left in the CPU for AQ3 so you can improve your score?

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Great clocks!! :up:

Maybe a bit left in the CPU for AQ3 so you can improve your score?

For sure that was my good IMC chip, with a poor core.

That submission sucks anyway score is way off point so I will redo AQ3

Don_Dan
11-22-2012, 08:04 AM
You have too many IB chips, I'm getting confused all the time! :rofl:

Is this still the same 7970 that didn't cooperate when you benched with Zen?

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-22-2012, 12:20 PM
You have too many IB chips, I'm getting confused all the time! :rofl:

Is this still the same 7970 that didn't cooperate when you benched with Zen?

lol I am down to 3 cpus now all others are gone:p:

This is the same Lightning Zen and I benched a few weeks ago, and it seemed to do okay even though the memory on it sucks.

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-23-2012, 07:11 AM
not sure why efficiency is so off for this

http://i.imgur.com/ipZU7.png (http://imgur.com/ipZU7)

Don_Dan
11-23-2012, 07:43 AM
not sure why efficiency is so off for this

Blame it on the wrapper like everyone else! :p:

I don't think efficiency is that bad. You'd need a few more MHz on the CPU to break 500k.

BeepBeep2
11-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Ram seems to be running single channel too.

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Ram seems to be running single channel too.

It was the first two slots froze up so massive 55, had to run it in gimp mode lol

I have maybe 3l left for a quick run and then I am done, hopefully 500k is doable.

ZenEffect
11-23-2012, 04:11 PM
looks like its not taking all cores ;)

rename teh am3 binary and have the wrapper point to the new file name.

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-23-2012, 06:01 PM
looks like its not taking all cores ;)

rename teh am3 binary and have the wrapper point to the new file name.

All ready done.

Splave
11-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Definitely from single channel. Nice 11 dude

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Definitely from single channel. Nice 11 dude

Thanks Allen you have been very helpful:up:

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-24-2012, 04:31 AM
small improvement, not sure why in x8 mode though:shrug:

http://i.imgur.com/XLrqk.jpg (http://imgur.com/XLrqk)

http://i.imgur.com/vlHS1.jpg (http://imgur.com/vlHS1)

SteveRo
11-24-2012, 06:09 AM
500k done!! :clap::clap:

Don_Dan
11-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Nice work! :up:

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-25-2012, 07:37 PM
working on 3D11 pt

BBSE with optimized timings

http://i.imgur.com/Vaus8.png (http://imgur.com/Vaus8)

Will test PSC 4X2GB at 2600 next and I still have to turn off core parking so that should be a healthy boost

Dumo
11-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Awesome run L0ud:up:

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Awesome run L0ud:up:

thanks Roy, hopefully I can break 17k on 11 after a refill.

Dumo
11-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Can you try twcl 6, ref interv 14360 and trsh refresh auto on your blues?

Mine needs 1.91V

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Can you try twcl 6, ref interv 14360 and trsh refresh auto on your blues?

Mine needs 1.91V

I will test TWCL 6 with the above settings, the only reason I did not is Zen said the score was lower than TWCL 7.

Zen's dimms need 1.87v while my blues need 1.88v and testing Honda's old sticks as we speak:)

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-26-2012, 04:23 AM
PSC in 4X2GB:D

http://i.imgur.com/J8fkR.jpg (http://imgur.com/J8fkR)

I think this is the way to go for pt on 11, I am sure combined test will be strong as well.

Also what is the best way to turn off core parking? Registry or Control Panel?

Don_Dan
11-26-2012, 04:55 AM
Strong efficiency with both BBSE and PSC! :)

What's the Vdimm for the 8GB PSC?

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Strong efficiency with both BBSE and PSC! :)

What's the Vdimm for the 8GB PSC?

1.835vdimm for the PSC run

Dumo
11-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Back to blues

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7443/1m5e1.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/1m5e1.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Don_Dan
11-26-2012, 11:18 AM
1.835vdimm for the PSC run

Not bad. Did you try the minimum Vdimm for 1300MHz 9-12-9 with that kit?
And did you make a run with 4x2GB BBSE?

Back to blues

Something is wrong with that pic... Or my eyes have gone bad xtremely fast. :p:

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Not bad. Did you try the minimum Vdimm for 1300MHz 9-12-9 with that kit?
And did you make a run with 4x2GB BBSE?

Never tested 9-12-9 in either 2X2 or 4X2GB, what would a good voltage be for either?

Also 4X2GB BBSE is not happening at least not with my chip/IMC/board:p:

Something is wrong with that pic... Or my eyes have gone bad xtremely fast. :p:

A bit hard to see but it looks like 6.18.7xx at 2600 c8 with ultra tight secondaries and tertiaries:up:

Don_Dan
11-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Looks like 6m18.734s but a slightly higher resolution would be nice. :D

@dumo: Vdimm?

Dumo
11-26-2012, 02:04 PM
1.915V / ccsa 1.25 / vttddr 0.85

Don_Dan
11-26-2012, 02:33 PM
1.915V / ccsa 1.25 / vttddr 0.85

Thanks! That's a very good kit and a great score! :up:

ZenEffect
11-26-2012, 04:33 PM
George, turn off core parking by registry or use this program.

http://www.coderbag.com/Uploads/Unpark-CPU-App.zip

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-27-2012, 02:49 AM
So I think I am starting to like 3D:D

http://i.imgur.com/dxHtV.png (http://imgur.com/dxHtV)

http://i.imgur.com/QySXt.jpg (http://imgur.com/QySXt)

http://i.imgur.com/fuE4x.png (http://imgur.com/fuE4x)

Will redo Vantage as I think the cpu has a bit more in it:up:

Splave
11-27-2012, 06:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/FH5eL.png

You're hungry bro. Very impressive work, and very fun to watch you grow in this sport dude :)

Don_Dan
11-27-2012, 09:48 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img838/6004/topscores27thnovember20.jpg

Great work l0ud_sil3nc3 and Ace123! :up: :up: :up:

3000th post. Yay! :YIPPIE:

Don_Dan
11-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Please check this out: Asus OC KnockOut (http://rog.asus.com/156012012/overclocking/what-is-oc-knockout/).

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Please check this out: Asus OC KnockOut (http://rog.asus.com/156012012/overclocking/what-is-oc-knockout/).

I will echo my sentiment from hwbot, wtf are you thinking Asus?

Dumo
11-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Imo, hwbot should go back being "independent" like in their beginning.

BeepBeep2
11-28-2012, 07:42 PM
This game is retarded.
You win by getting the fastest speed or highest benchmark score in overclocking, it's as simple as that. This docks points for instability. How the fluck to you push the limit and win if you lose points for trying? Also, with the risks of competitive LN2 overclocking, nobody can afford to be playing around...maybe on air, but not extreme cold >_<

It's like, if you were to add objectives to racing...like you'd have to stop and do something special or if you drop a cylinder and you're crippled you lose more points than where you already finished...

Found out my 2600K isn't dead today, pretty stoked to have it back. IMOG @ Overclockers.com was nice enough to test it for me. He said he found 4 pins that looked burned/darkened, but they cleaned up okay...1155 socket burn? I was pushing VCCIO a lot to troubleshoot with Hypers, I think one or two of the pins that usually burn are VCC related.

MIVE still at ASUS RMA Facility, though I find it a little odd because when I look up the RMA status it says it doesn't exist.
Finally back home now, my thanksgiving was probably the worst string of days I'd had in a while. I've been in and out of my house, living with others, on police order. I still have some packages to mail out, that have expired shipping labels...

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-29-2012, 02:14 AM
knocking on 520k:D

http://i.imgur.com/5nmiY.png (http://imgur.com/5nmiY)

what is even crazier is that 514k was done with vga at stock clocks, so truly a cpu intensive bench.

Also had a bugged run that froze the screen at 600k before rebooting:shocked:

Splave
11-29-2012, 06:51 AM
you USA guys doing anything for country cup? maybe we can organize something here so we dont overlap on what we plan to run

BeepBeep2
11-29-2012, 07:06 AM
you USA guys doing anything for country cup? maybe we can organize something here so we dont overlap on what we plan to run
I should be able to cover AMD SuperPi 1M. I've got two CPUs that are pretty decent, one I haven't tested CPU-NB yet though.

But I haven't gotten any LN2 for a while, not sure if I'm financially able to very soon.

Don_Dan
11-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Found out my 2600K isn't dead today, pretty stoked to have it back. IMOG @ Overclockers.com was nice enough to test it for me. He said he found 4 pins that looked burned/darkened, but they cleaned up okay...1155 socket burn? I was pushing VCCIO a lot to troubleshoot with Hypers, I think one or two of the pins that usually burn are VCC related.

MIVE still at ASUS RMA Facility, though I find it a little odd because when I look up the RMA status it says it doesn't exist.

Good to hear your 2600k is still alive. And props to IMOG for helping you out! :up:

knocking on 520k:D

what is even crazier is that 514k was done with vga at stock clocks, so truly a cpu intensive bench.

Great work! :yepp:

l0ud_sil3nc3
11-29-2012, 12:42 PM

Sounds good I have some stuff but what an obscure list of crap to bench this year lol

BeepBeep2
12-05-2012, 04:17 PM
loud, you just missed the last requirement, your name has to be in the top 20 of this list to compete for your country :p:
http://hwbot.org/league/hardware_masters

EDIT:
Bought some BBSE off ebay tonight, 1333 ECO but it was only $26, couldn't go wrong with that. If it's any better than my RipjawsX I'll sell those.

EDIT:
Hope errybody's ok with linux...
http://hwbot.org/submission/2333653_beepbeep2_superpi_a6_5400k_26sec_55ms
http://hwbot.org/submission/2333660_beepbeep2_pifast_a6_5400k_38_sec

Don_Dan
12-06-2012, 02:40 AM
EDIT:
Bought some BBSE off ebay tonight, 1333 ECO but it was only $26, couldn't go wrong with that. If it's any better than my RipjawsX I'll sell those.

Are you sure they're BBSE? They might be BABG as well.

EDIT:
Hope errybody's ok with linux...
http://hwbot.org/submission/2333653_beepbeep2_superpi_a6_5400k_26sec_55ms
http://hwbot.org/submission/2333660_beepbeep2_pifast_a6_5400k_38_sec

Linux is not allowed, (http://hwbot.org/forum/showpost.php?p=30797&postcount=2) scores deleted. Sorry Sam!

Splave
12-06-2012, 06:18 AM
loud, you just missed the last requirement, your name has to be in the top 20 of this list to compete for your country :p:
http://hwbot.org/league/hardware_masters
]

This competition is open to everyone. You can join by simply submitting a score.
were did you read that?

BeepBeep2
12-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Are you sure they're BBSE? They might be BABG as well.

Linux is not allowed, (http://hwbot.org/forum/showpost.php?p=30797&postcount=2) scores deleted. Sorry Sam!
That's cool, I'll shrink my partition a bit and install Windows. There is absolutely nothing in the written HWBOT rules stating it is not allowed though.

I've only seen BBSE/PSC for ECO on the i4memory ramlist, but the 1333 kit is only listed with "Powerchip"...
This was the cheapest G.Skill ram on Ebay.com last night...1600 7-8-7 honestly would be okay. We will find out when it gets here.

@Splave,
I wasn't being serious, obviously

Splave
12-06-2012, 07:31 AM
^ 10-4

Don_Dan
12-06-2012, 11:27 AM
That's cool, I'll shrink my partition a bit and install Windows. There is absolutely nothing in the written HWBOT rules stating it is not allowed though.

I've only seen BBSE/PSC for ECO on the i4memory ramlist, but the 1333 kit is only listed with "Powerchip"...
This was the cheapest G.Skill ram on Ebay.com last night...1600 7-8-7 honestly would be okay. We will find out when it gets here.

I know, it has been discussed at a German forum yesterday, therefore I had that quote available. ;)

The RAMlist is not complete, I try my best but lots of kits are still missing! Ron has been inactive for a while too, so many kits are missing from the list but they're listed in the submission thread. I'm looking forward to your test and I'll add the kit when you have some definite info on what ICs are used.

trans am
12-07-2012, 12:05 AM
sorry to be a stranger everyone. I've been playing drums.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L78Ajm275Mg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm-8Qz0VoPY

BeepBeep2
12-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Nice stuff man!
Trying 2600K in my MIVE now, crossing fingers...

Doesn't look like ASUS did anything to my board and sent back the same one :/

Don_Dan
12-07-2012, 02:53 PM
sorry to be a stranger everyone. I've been playing drums.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L78Ajm275Mg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm-8Qz0VoPY

You're pretty good at playing the drums, now it's time to practise some overclocking again! :p:

Nice stuff man!
Trying 2600K in my MIVE now, crossing fingers...

Doesn't look like ASUS did anything to my board and sent back the same one :/

Did it work?

BeepBeep2
12-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Yep!

I've got really mediocre ram though :/

Freaked out the last 20 minutes. My young brother unplugged the power cord from my PSU while I was running 3D01, I figured "Okay, no issue, I'll just plug back in"

"00"
"00"
*2nd BIOS*
"00"
Mash reset "00"
"00"
"00"
"F**K!!!"

Then 1 minute ago it came back to life. Maybe I should stick to AMD >< I always seem to have the worst luck.

Don_Dan
12-08-2012, 01:31 AM
This might help to prevent something like this in the future:

you > :slap: < your brother

I'm glad you were able to revive your board.

BeepBeep2
12-09-2012, 11:30 AM
:D
Eager to get benching more again. Since trans_am lent me his Tek9 Slim, I can finally get rolling with GPUs and put up some good scores. My goal right now though mainly is to bench 2D with the 2600K and maybe focus on 3DMark06, outside that is a little bit of a waste it seems.

Once I've done that, I'll move to Ivy and not worry about '06 because there will be minimal gain, but overall the other benches should scale with CPU.

I've got to shop around for a decent BD/PD CPU too for the global points...maybe some minor binning is in order.
Hopefully all that transition is done before Christmas, but I've got to get to work. :)

So much potential, I've got stockpiles of hardware XD Socket A, AM2, AM3 boards and room to grow there, plus 1155 and 3450, 4850, 4890, 5770s, 7540D...7100GS trans_am sent...

Will have 2 weeks soon where I can do nothing but bench.

Don_Dan
12-09-2012, 03:15 PM
I doubt the low-end GPUs will gain lots of performance going from SB to IB, if I were you I'd bench them on SB while you're at it. Just focus on a piece for a longer time to avoid condensation issues from changing parts to often. Later on you can bench 48xx and 5770 on IB.

BeepBeep2
12-09-2012, 06:36 PM
I don't think I'd gain anything from SB to Ivy on any of my cards for '06, the other benches will probably gain. No reason to do LN2 GPUs though and waste LN2 just for 06...I'd want to run 01/03/05/Aqua/3DV/11 too.

I had a decent session today feeling out the CPU again:
http://hwbot.org/submission/2334803_beepbeep2_superpi_32m_core_i7_2600k_5min_5 0sec_125ms
http://hwbot.org/submission/2334804_beepbeep2_superpi_core_i7_2600k_6sec_437ms
http://hwbot.org/submission/2334805_beepbeep2_pifast_core_i7_2600k_12.77_sec
http://hwbot.org/submission/2334802_beepbeep2_cpu_frequency_core_i7_2600k_5759 .36_mhz
http://hwbot.org/submission/2334812_beepbeep2_ucbench_2011_core_i7_2600k_1364. 6_mpt_score

With no 3D driver, I was getting ~13.5 sec Pifast, so I wrote a batch file to start the batch file for hexus_pifast minimized...all the batch file does is run pifast41.exe with the settings in hexus.txt so no foul. Same goes for UCBench, gained a few points when it runs minimized.

wPrime 32M was pretty horrible, 4.5 seconds vs 4.2 competitive on HWBOT, I guess I gotta install Win 7 for that which will be done tomorrow...

Don_Dan
12-10-2012, 08:58 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img20/8128/topscores10thdecember20.jpg

Not bad, BeepBeep2! :up:

Please congratulate Aerou for becoming HWBot's official representative for the Czech Republic and Slovakia (http://hwbot.org/forum/showpost.php?p=214160&postcount=18). :clap:

BeepBeep2
12-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Missed 5.76 target by 0.4 MHz though. :D

Congrats to Aerou!

BeepBeep2
12-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Noticed something peculiar today, HWBOT bug:
http://hwbot.org/submission/2314040_zeneffect_superpi_core_i7_3770k_5sec_375ms
http://hwbot.org/submission/2324606_zeneffect_superpi_core_i7_3770k_5sec_320ms

zen has global points for two different submissions...not sure if this happens to other people, I don't seem to have this issue.

Don_Dan
12-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Nice find... :rofl:

ZenEffect
12-11-2012, 04:48 PM
thats because i double fist the ln2 like an alcoholic.

BeepBeep2
12-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Well, finalizing some plans to mine bitcoins for a few months with ASIC hardware.
A friend is becoming an investor and we've got nothing much better to do so I'm going to be downsizing my hardware collection considerably for the next few months.

Looks like I'll be going on a Phenom II benching frenzy before christmas to get HW/global points on that hardware and closing up shop for a while. I forgot my 565 BE is worth some 3x wPrime Global points.

I'm going to keep my GPUs for Ivy projected in February.

Worst case scenario that I can think of, my friend and I break even in 60 days after the mining hardware arrives, $600 is not going to make or break my college fund and there are no part time job hirings in the area. Best case, we pay off the hardware in 10-20 days.

Don_Dan
12-13-2012, 12:37 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about, but good luck for that! ;)

BeepBeep2
12-13-2012, 04:29 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin#Bitcoin_mining ;)

Benching is a lot of fun but I get poorer every day :(

Don_Dan
12-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Alright, so it's some kind of WCG/F@H for electronical money that you run on dedicated hardware... Right?!

I have a decent amount of cash bound in hardware as well, I try not to think about it though... ;)
Most of it was bought used so resale value is close to what I paid for it anyway.

BeepBeep2
12-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Alright, so it's some kind of WCG/F@H for electronical money that you run on dedicated hardware... Right?!

I have a decent amount of cash bound in hardware as well, I try not to think about it though... ;)
Most of it was bought used so resale value is close to what I paid for it anyway.
Yep, pretty much, and can be directly exchanged for dollars, but value fluctuates worse than stocks. In case of a total market crash I think I could still break even by February.

I try not to think about it either, but I've got to, since I need to go to college ;)

Don_Dan
12-14-2012, 12:36 PM
I try not to think about it either, but I've got to, since I need to go to college ;)

Yeah, I know, me too. However spending some money on hardware is fine... ;)

I was watching an auction for a P5E3 Premium tonight hoping to find one finally, so I can run Celerons on X48, but in the end it was sold for 110? shipped! :shocked: :shakes:

BeepBeep2
12-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Trust me, never look for obscure, low-end or depreciated motherboards on ebay, they usually sell for $80+...

Was bad enough I bought a low end AM2+ GeForce 8200 motherboard for $75 for Team Cup

Don_Dan
12-15-2012, 12:18 PM
It's not really low-end, actually I think it's one of the best boards for S775, but the price is just insane. I paid 150€ for my (then) new REX. Three years ago.

It's the same for the DFI S939 boards, I'm watching them when they pop up from time to time, but I don't feel like pulling the trigger on one. ( I have one of those already of course, but I wouldn't mind having one more... :D )

BeepBeep2
12-15-2012, 12:49 PM
It's not really low-end, actually I think it's one of the best boards for S775, but the price is just insane. I paid 150€ for my (then) new REX. Three years ago.

It's the same for the DFI S939 boards, I'm watching them when they pop up from time to time, but I don't feel like pulling the trigger on one. ( I have one of those already of course, but I wouldn't mind having one more... :D )
I know that isn't low-end :D

I think I ponied up $60 for my DFI LP Ultra-B, I need more Socket A CPUs and a heatsink though :(

Don_Dan
12-15-2012, 12:53 PM
I paid 65? shipped for my Ultra-D, still have to test it. :rolleyes:

I don't need more S939 CPUs though... :wasntme:

chew*
12-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Obscure mobo's

Dfi wasn't good really till 754......ABIT and Epox ran the socket A era providing you replaced all the caps.

Epox 8rda/ga+ check
ABIT NF7S 2.0 check
DFI lanparty socket 754 check
DFI Ultra d check
ATI R480 grouper check
ATI R580 manta check
TCCD and bh-5 sets plus some 4 gig OCZ plats for certain benches check
+ Other misc boards from those era's check

BeepBeep2
12-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Ultra-B seems ok outside of DRAM compatibility, have to set stuff before I put the "real" ram in >< Couldn't find any NF7S to buy :( ...had to replace caps too.
Only TCCD and CH-5 right now...

Nice collection chew*!

Don_Dan
12-16-2012, 07:52 AM
Obscure mobo's

Dfi wasn't good really till 754......ABIT and Epox ran the socket A era providing you replaced all the caps.

Epox 8rda/ga+ check
ABIT NF7S 2.0 check
DFI lanparty socket 754 check
DFI Ultra d check
ATI R480 grouper check
ATI R580 manta check
TCCD and bh-5 sets plus some 4 gig OCZ plats for certain benches check
+ Other misc boards from those era's check

That's a nice collection Brian, when will you make your comeback? :p:

I shouldn't have looked after the Expert and the Ultra-D only, found a SLI-D for cheap, 20?. I'm very happy right now... :D :D :D

BeepBeep2
12-16-2012, 02:18 PM
sodfregfoubg
MIVE won't change BCLK now, corrupt Intel Management Engine after downgrading bios from 3603 to 1901...I guess since 3603 is Ivy compatible, can't flash back without issues.

Wasted 5-6L LN2 yesterday failing at wPrime, best I could get was 4.36s which isn't the 4.23 I need. Flash bios back in hopes for efficiency gains and voila, trash for any real overclocking.

I need to get this stuff out the door ASAP because I'm broke. I need those points though :(

BeepBeep2
12-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Scored some Patriot Sector 5 2x2GB DDR3-2000 CL9 on ebay today. Couldn't make out details (2000 9-9-9 or 9-11-9) either way, I think it's PSC. In the picture I think it is 9-9-9 but I'm just looking at lines and blur. Maybe this kit won't suck! :p:

...if even I get to use it, that is...

chew*
12-16-2012, 08:06 PM
That's a nice collection Brian, when will you make your comeback? :p:

I shouldn't have looked after the Expert and the Ultra-D only, found a SLI-D for cheap, 20?. I'm very happy right now... :D :D :D

Davis is filling in for me :)

BeepBeep2
12-17-2012, 06:49 AM
So...I need a bigger dewar :D

l0ud_sil3nc3
12-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Glad to see the team thread so active:D

chew*
12-17-2012, 07:34 PM
So...I need a bigger dewar :D

30L MVE almost new $350 + shipping

BeepBeep2
12-17-2012, 07:50 PM
30L MVE almost new $350 + shipping
I could maybe bite in January but no guarantees...

G.Skill sent me a week 1250 (yesterday was 1250) PI Series DDR3-2200 7-10-10-28 1.65v kit with PSC today from RMA for my PIS DDR3-2133 7-10-7-27... my mind is absolutely blown.

Also just scored 4 iPod 4th gen 32GB working from ebay for $90 each, just gotta install an LCD/touch digitizer assembly ($20)...

Don_Dan
12-18-2012, 12:08 AM
sodfregfoubg
MIVE won't change BCLK now, corrupt Intel Management Engine after downgrading bios from 3603 to 1901...I guess since 3603 is Ivy compatible, can't flash back without issues.

Wasted 5-6L LN2 yesterday failing at wPrime, best I could get was 4.36s which isn't the 4.23 I need. Flash bios back in hopes for efficiency gains and voila, trash for any real overclocking.

I need to get this stuff out the door ASAP because I'm broke. I need those points though :(

Did you contact raja? I'm sure he'll be able to help you with this problem.

Scored some Patriot Sector 5 2x2GB DDR3-2000 CL9 on ebay today. Couldn't make out details (2000 9-9-9 or 9-11-9) either way, I think it's PSC. In the picture I think it is 9-9-9 but I'm just looking at lines and blur. Maybe this kit won't suck! :p:

...if even I get to use it, that is...

2000 tRCD 9 can be BBSE as well... How much did you pay?

I was watching an auction for a 3500+ Venice that ended yesterday but got distracted... This listing has ended. :shakes:

G.Skill sent me a week 1250 (yesterday was 1250) PI Series DDR3-2200 7-10-10-28 1.65v kit with PSC today from RMA for my PIS DDR3-2133 7-10-7-27... my mind is absolutely blown.

I have a Ripjaws X kit from April/May 2012 too, I think they have a small stock of kits and they print out labels when they send out the kits.

Going from 2133 7-10-7 to 2200 7-10-10 is a nice upgrade! :)

Davis is filling in for me :)

I know, I know... :p:

BeepBeep2
12-18-2012, 04:28 AM
Did you contact raja? I'm sure he'll be able to help you with this problem.

2000 tRCD 9 can be BBSE as well... How much did you pay?

I was watching an auction for a 3500+ Venice that ended yesterday but got distracted... This listing has ended. :shakes:

I have a Ripjaws X kit from April/May 2012 too, I think they have a small stock of kits and they print out labels when they send out the kits.

Going from 2133 7-10-7 to 2200 7-10-10 is a nice upgrade! :)

I know, I know... :p:
Yeah I talked to Raja, after some digging he gave me a guide that should let me fix it at home :D

I payed $35 + $2 for the Patriot kit.
EDIT:
The seller told me the timings were 9-9-9-27 1.65v too. The i4memory RAM list says Powerchip but maybe they could be BBSE :shrug:

I just want something that will bench at least 2133-2200 6-9-6/7-9-7 with less than 1.8v...all my PSC so far needs 6-10-6/7-10-7.

ZenEffect
12-18-2012, 04:31 PM
look for a stripe at the bottom of the ic when you look at them.

Don_Dan
12-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Yeah I talked to Raja, after some digging he gave me a guide that should let me fix it at home :D

I payed $35 + $2 for the Patriot kit.
EDIT:
The seller told me the timings were 9-9-9-27 1.65v too. The i4memory RAM list says Powerchip but maybe they could be BBSE :shrug:

I just want something that will bench at least 2133-2200 6-9-6/7-9-7 with less than 1.8v...all my PSC so far needs 6-10-6/7-10-7.

Good to hear that. :up:

They might still be BBSE, if they are Elpida eTT/uTT chips they might have been added as PSC when we didn't know better. :shrug:

BeepBeep2
12-20-2012, 06:46 AM
That's cool, I need a pair of BBSE. They should be coming today but I'm not living with my parents right now, same old problems.
I'd be benching too but I don't think I'm gonna get LN2 for a while again.

Maybe I can go over there and pick them up to try in my Trinity M-ITX rig. I brought that with me.

I need to test my PIS kit too. I think they might do 2133 6-9-6. My 2133 kit did almost that.

Don_Dan
12-24-2012, 04:21 AM
Sorry to hear that... Did you get them nontheless?

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Don_Dan
12-27-2012, 06:41 AM
Where is everyone? Show some pics of your new hardware! :D

ZenEffect
12-27-2012, 04:40 PM
no new hardware for me... just new tweaks ;)

(just passed you DD)

Don_Dan
12-28-2012, 11:22 AM
I saw it, I really have to do something now. :D

I didn't get new hardware either, but I got a Dimastech Bench Table mini to keep my benching area clean and tidy. :)

BeepBeep2
12-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Did you get them nontheless?

Merry Christmas everyone! :)
Yep, BBSE :)

I hope everybody had a Merry Christmas and has a Happy New Year too!

ZenEffect
12-29-2012, 11:46 AM

nice score!

btw for those of you who dont know.... kingston has some bbse kits that are rated for 1.7-1.9v (have kits 4 of these at work, ive taken off the heat-spreaders to verify that it is in fact bbse)

patriot has a quad dimm kit that is also bbse. 1333 9-9-9.

BeepBeep2
12-30-2012, 07:40 PM
nice score!

btw for those of you who dont know.... kingston has some bbse kits that are rated for 1.7-1.9v (have kits 4 of these at work, ive taken off the heat-spreaders to verify that it is in fact bbse)

Yep! Some adata 2000 9-9-9-27 BBSE sold for $25 shipped too, I didn't get those though.

Don_Dan
12-31-2012, 06:58 AM

Nice find! :)

Thank you and Happy New Year! :toast:

I didn't get any memory for Christmas, but I have some money left and there are some kits I'm interested in... :D

andressergio
12-31-2012, 07:26 AM
happy new year for all from South America !!!

Don_Dan
12-31-2012, 07:53 AM
Thanks! Happy New Year, Sergio! :up:

MTP04
12-31-2012, 08:49 AM
Hope everyone's had a good holiday and I wish everyone all the best for 2013!:)

Don_Dan
01-01-2013, 06:09 AM
Happy New Year, David! :)

G.Foyle
01-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Happy New Year everyone :up:

I have a new year resolution: to use at least as much LN2 as I did in 2011 :D

BeepBeep2
01-01-2013, 05:42 PM
nice score!

What kind? Like DJ-F or whatever it is...?

I can't believe they'd sell BBSE with 1.7-1.9v rating...

Don_Dan
01-02-2013, 05:51 AM
Happy New Year everyone :up:

I have a new year resolution: to use at least as much LN2 as I did in 2011 :D

Happy New Year, Mateusz! :)

My new year resolution is similar: Get at least one session done in 2012.

What kind? Like DJ-F or whatever it is...?

I can't believe they'd sell BBSE with 1.7-1.9v rating...

A-Data had BBSE and PSC rated for up to 1.75V as well, and Hyper rated for 2.05-2.15V.

BeepBeep2
01-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Happy New Year, Mateusz! :)

My new year resolution is similar: Get at least one session done in 2012.

A-Data had BBSE and PSC rated for up to 1.75V as well, and Hyper rated for 2.05-2.15V.
They had BASE Hyper MNH/MGH-E rated at 2.05-2.15v? If that's true, I'm sure the kits only lasted through POST or first boot...:rofl:

I'm 99.998% sure this is pure fantasy.

ADATA rated their BBSE/PSC/Hyper all (majority, enthusiast/mid/highend kits) for 1.55v-1.75v, just like the sticks I missed on ebay were DDR3-2000 9-9-9-24 @ 1.55 - 1.75V. XPG series kits (Hyper MG/MNH-E) were 1.55-1.75v too.

If the kit you're talking about is the one I'm looking at on the i4Memory list right now (2133 10-10-10-30 2.05-2.15v) I don't think they are Hypers. This kit came out in Early Spring of 2009 and I'm guessing it's something else, HCF0, Micron GTx, very bad obscure early PSC, Nanya, Qimonda, whatever...

Here's my proof:
Andre shows 3x2GB 2000 CL7-8-7-20 "Extreme" kit (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?214317-A-DATA-Triple-channel-2133X-quot-ELPIDA-quot-ICs-2000-CL7-8-7-20-1T-1.55V-Memtest), 1.55-1.75v on XS that were Hypers.

Shortly after, eva2000 posted this in the i4memory thread. (http://i4memory.com/f94/ddr3-ic-list-submissions-8426/index4.html#post103942) His post didn't tell what model number/voltage or anything, just the series...the heatspreader.

"Rone" shortly after replied that he added all the kits (http://i4memory.com/f94/ddr3-ic-list-submissions-8426/index4.html#post104544) listed in the thread at that time. The CL7 kit doesn't exist in the ramlist. :) The 2133 CL10 kit I also can not find in that thread or on the internet with mention of Hypers outside eva2000's post. Therefore I'm assuming (and pretty sure) Rone added the wrong kit to the ramlist.

Don_Dan
01-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Fair enough, I agree that 2.15V is a lot for Hypers, but did you check the labels and the XMP in Andre's thread?

http://www.iamxtreme.net/andre/Adata-2133X/3.JPG

http://imageshack.us/a/img202/5871/adatahyper1.jpg

The kit is just running at 2000 7-8-7, as far as I know, A-Data never had a kit rated for this speed. I've never seen a kit like Andre's in the wild either, or I'd have tried to buy it. The only other Hyper kits A-Data made were the 1866 8-8-8 kit ( which I own ) and the 2200 8-8-8 kit ( which is too expensive :D ).

BeepBeep2
01-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Wow. I apologize. I only read the thread title and skimmed his results. Absolutely my fault.

Let me go pick up the bits of my brain that just flew all across the room..."mind blown".

Don_Dan
01-02-2013, 08:51 AM
It's okay, Sam! :D

Mafio
01-02-2013, 09:00 AM
I have a retail 3x1 GB kit of those A-Data 2133x, they are the first MNH-E-Hyper kit I bought (probably from memoryc).

http://thumbnails101.imagebam.com/22985/411767229848648.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/411767229848648)

2300+ 7-8-7
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1067704

2000+ 6-7-6
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1067732

can't find any screenshot but I remember they were good for benching at 2300+ 7-8-7 with reasonable volt.

ps. I'm a bit late, but happy new year xs team :)

I.nfraR.ed
01-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Some of the older Hyper kits run happily at 2.0+ V on air. I have some Kingstons that like it as well :p
I often run BBSE at 1.8+ V too, but not all of them scale :)

Don_Dan
01-03-2013, 03:38 PM
I have a retail 3x1 GB kit of those A-Data 2133x, they are the first MNH-E-Hyper kit I bought (probably from memoryc).

can't find any screenshot but I remember they were good for benching at 2300+ 7-8-7 with reasonable volt.

ps. I'm a bit late, but happy new year xs team :)

Thanks for the info and happy new year, Fabio! :yepp:

Some of the older Hyper kits run happily at 2.0+ V on air. I have some Kingstons that like it as well :p
I often run BBSE at 1.8+ V too, but not all of them scale :)

Yeah, but rating them at 2.15V is still pretty crazy. :D
They might have been spec'd before the release of S1366 when many high-Vdimm D9xxx/HCF0 kits were around and no one thought about limiting Vdimm to treat the IMCs with care. :shrug:

l0ud_sil3nc3
01-04-2013, 01:46 AM
Hey guys been busy with the holidays and such, but things are starting to quite down which means more time for some sessions:D

Definitely been getting the itch lol, on a positive note both dewars still have quite a bit of LN2 even after a month of sitting.

Hope to see many subs in this thread for 2013 guys.

Don_Dan
01-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Hey George, happy new year to you! :)

BeepBeep2
01-07-2013, 06:35 AM
I'm beginning to taste Ivy Bridge in the mouth...February will be interesting.

Don_Dan
01-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Hey guys, check out this new team points history:

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/3351/teampointshistory8thjan.jpg

PS: This afternoon I got an E-Mail from my university saying that I've been admitted for the Master program, starting next semester! :YIPPIE:

PPS: I just noticed that this thread has hit 400k views! :eek:

BeepBeep2
01-09-2013, 05:59 AM
Saw on facebook this morning, great stuff!
Congrats about your education :)

I think I'm gonna be home soon, so February will be benching frenzy month. :)

Don_Dan
01-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks Sam! :)

I'm looking forward to your benching session! :up:

l0ud_sil3nc3
01-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Congratz Dan, awesome news you were accepted to your Masters program.

Sam glad to see you will be benching again, I ended up having to RMA the 3870K, but once it gets back I will test it on an Asus A75 FM1 Pro board, maybe htpc duty lol.

I just score some older Hynix CFR kits, 2133 c9 RipZ and half of a 2400 c9 RipZ kit (I got yours Roy:D) so some CFR binning is in order.