PDA

View Full Version : one way valves...

JOCKTHEGLIDE
07-21-2009, 09:06 AM
just curious if anyone makes one way valves for liquid cooling computers?

relttem
07-21-2009, 09:12 AM
you can get/use check valves. I don't think they are water cooling specific tho.

millertime359
07-21-2009, 09:17 AM
just curious if anyone makes one way valves for liquid cooling computers?

What do you want them for?

There are Quick Disconnects that Koolance and Bitspower sells that shut off flow when you disconnect them.

NaeKuh
07-21-2009, 09:17 AM
one way valves are more used with air pumps so water doesnt flow backwards and damage the pump.

i havent seen one for water usage in our hobby because if u were to do an oops and reverse it, you'd be seriously screwed.

Hondacity
07-21-2009, 09:25 AM
one way valves are more used with air pumps so water doesnt flow backwards and damage the pump.

i havent seen one for water usage in our hobby because if u were to do an oops and reverse it, you'd be seriously screwed.

not so...

but i think koolance will make one just for "restriction" :rofl:

relttem
07-21-2009, 09:32 AM

good point to make sure things are flowing in the right direction.

If you are only doing a single loop and your pump is operating correctly you really have no need for a check valve (quick disconnect)..except when you take things apart to keep stuff from spilling everywhere.

millertime359
07-21-2009, 09:36 AM

As long as the pump is primed, I don't think you would blow anything up if you had everything hooked up backwards. You just wouldn't get great temps. :shrug:

Well I guess you could if it overheated and you weren't paying any attention.

Maxspam
07-21-2009, 11:38 AM
from what i have been told, It doesnt really matter which way/order you do your loop in. It will all balance out

millertime359
07-21-2009, 11:49 AM
from what i have been told, It doesnt really matter which way/order you do your loop in. It will all balance out

Well some components do have specific inlets and outlets. That was what i was referring to as you may not get the best temps if they are hooked up backwards.

Gamekiller
07-21-2009, 03:17 PM
As long as the pump is primed, I don't think you would blow anything up if you had everything hooked up backwards. You just wouldn't get great temps. :shrug:

Well I guess you could if it overheated and you weren't paying any attention.

He means if you had a check valve hooked up backwards. At least that's what I got from it.

millertime359
07-21-2009, 03:22 PM
He means if you had a check valve hooked up backwards. At least that's what I got from it.

Ahh, yep, he was referring to check valve. I had loop order on mind when I read that. :doh:

Thanks for correction :)

NaeKuh
07-21-2009, 04:59 PM
water can only go one way, until it hits a paralell

so i dont really see the point in a 1 way valve. Water will always travel on with the output on your pump, so a one way valve is pointless when you have head pressure.

millertime359
07-21-2009, 05:30 PM
water can only go one way, until it hits a paralell

so i dont really see the point in a 1 way valve. Water will always travel on with the output on your pump, so a one way valve is pointless when you have head pressure.

exactly, and that is why I am still curious why he is asking about them. :shrug:

JOCKTHEGLIDE
07-21-2009, 09:56 PM
exactly, and that is why I am still curious why he is asking about them. :shrug:

I ask this because I did have my pumps in parrell one time and noticed that one pump is slightly stornger than the other pump even though identical after PM martin back and forth he suggest series pump through a loop its better performance increase. Ok anyways in a parrell looop I had a Y connector seperate after the two pumps and noticed one pump was pushing hard than the other so in a way the water pushing back to the other pump at the Y was killing its flow or forced to go the other way. Now with a one a pump valve where no back flow happens I could resolve this. Just a question I was curious about if there one way valves for more future projects I could do thats all.

millertime359
07-22-2009, 05:18 AM
I ask this because I did have my pumps in parrell one time and noticed that one pump is slightly stornger than the other pump even though identical after PM martin back and forth he suggest series pump through a loop its better performance increase. Ok anyways in a parrell looop I had a Y connector seperate after the two pumps and noticed one pump was pushing hard than the other so in a way the water pushing back to the other pump at the Y was killing its flow or forced to go the other way. Now with a one a pump valve where no back flow happens I could resolve this. Just a question I was curious about if there one way valves for more future projects I could do thats all.

Ok, I got you now. If you are stateside, I would just go to a plumbing supplier's store. If you can't find on there that would work, they probably are not made.

You could check places like Lowes or Home Depot if you can't find supply house near you.