PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex II demo

Teus
11-21-2003, 03:39 PM
http://www.de2files.com/file.info?ID=20772

WTH???

1. crap graphics
2. doesn't run smooth at all on my nforceĀ², barton 2500+ and ti 4200 (all overclocked)
3. keymappings are reset every time I load a savegame

Deus Ex is my favourite game ever

but this demo? I played the deus ex1 demo over and over again. this demo? even deus ex 1 ran better on my P3 700

Death ++
11-21-2003, 05:16 PM
im waiting to download the demo now, will see how it runs on my comp

Death ++
11-21-2003, 10:45 PM
ur right about it not running to well. the graphics are kinda "different" and u need high res to make them look good and now fuzzy. it crashed when i used anti-aliasing. i dont like how all of the settings r restored to defaults either, and when u up the res, u have to do it one at a time, it loads the new res, then u go more, and it takes more time. game play seems alright so far and the story line should be more developed in the full version. u also need to remember that this is just a demo and im sure hasnt been optimised to its full potential yet. give is some time and hope they dont rush the game and release it with tons of bugs and no optimisations. im a big fan of the first one too, and cant wait for the new one, as long as the bugs r all worked out and the optimisations r all set

hedge
11-22-2003, 12:12 AM
Sounds like a pushed out demo to me if there are these obvious problems like the screwed up key mapping. I still highly anticipate this game.

Nookie420
11-26-2003, 02:20 PM
Yeah, i played the demo, graphics were fine to me, i played it 1280x1024 with 2x AA 4x AF on my Ti4600 with barton at 2800+ speed. Didn't run as smooth as i hoped. If i tried 1600x1200 res the game would crap out and display would go nuts.

And yes, the key mapping reseting really pissed me off!

hedge
12-01-2003, 09:18 PM
The key mappings reset because the
user.ini file is set to read only. If you go into the system folder of the demo and right-click on the user.ini file and select properties, you can change the file from read only to not read only.

Death ++
12-01-2003, 11:20 PM
thanks hedge :) i was meaning to check into that, but since i beat the demo a couple times already, i never bothered. the full product game should be fixed so n00b dont have to bother with it. im still highly anticipating the final game. im just upgrading my rig right now and i hope to still have enough money to get deus ex II, half-life II and doom III. thats close to $200 right there. :D

Teus
12-01-2003, 11:36 PM
it doesn't work here

hedge
12-04-2003, 07:54 PM
I found out that the demo was from the current build at the time it was released. That kind of worries me if that was the state of the game only 2 weeks before the final release. I am going to pick a copy of the final here soon, hopefully I can get a good discount through work.

Techmasta
12-04-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by hedge
I found out that the demo was from the current build at the time it was released. That kind of worries me if that was the state of the game only 2 weeks before the final release. I am going to pick a copy of the final here soon, hopefully I can get a good discount through work.
Let us know how it runs.