PDA

View Full Version : black stuff around screen of iphone?

tdunks
07-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Ok so weird problem with my iphone. There is that black stuff around the actual "screen" between the screen and the chrome. Well n my phone i just noticed there is a "hole" in that black stuff tht i can really notice when the phone is off. it looks like the screen part and not the flat black it looks like.

anyone know what this could be or if rogers would cover it under warranty to be fixed?

570091D
07-19-2009, 09:05 AM
can you post a pic?

diredesire
07-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Yeah, probably going to need a picture to figure out what you're talking about. And which revision of iPhone you're using.

I disassembled a "2g" phone not too long ago, and it appears there is a rubber gasket/o-ring (very thin) that lies right behind the screen. This might be what you're talking about, but I doubt it. It sounds to me (looking at my phone) that you're talking about the black frame?

diredesire
07-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Yeah, probably going to need a picture to figure out what you're talking about. And which revision of iPhone you're using.

I disassembled a "2g" phone not too long ago, and it appears there is a rubber gasket/o-ring (very thin) that lies right behind the screen. This might be what you're talking about, but I doubt it. It sounds to me (looking at my phone) that you're talking about the black frame?

topdog5050
08-28-2009, 02:06 PM
yeah send us a picture of it and let us look at it.