PDA

View Full Version : Watercool - MO-RA 2 Pro

ntvh
07-19-2009, 01:17 AM
Hi All,
Please help, does anyone know about this monster's Rad. How does it perform compair to the PA140.3 newest or other Rad?
Will it fit in Duality MM case? Thanks:eek: :up:

alacheesu
07-19-2009, 03:31 AM
Here is a review (http://www.scribd.com/doc/3194108/HighEnd-Radiatoren-im-Test). I believe it easily beats any triple or quad rad in most situations, but that's like comparing apples and oranges, imo. The Mo-Ra 2 is 3 triple rads. I don't believe it will beat 3xPA/RX/MCR.

ntvh
07-19-2009, 07:02 AM
Thanks but could not red the link...it is not english:confused:
if I put 3 PA120.3 will beat it (Mo-Ra 2)?

Holst
07-19-2009, 07:16 AM
Unless your dumping huge wattage into the system you will quickly hit deminishing returns using rads this big.

It might be slightly better but its expensive for a small performance gain.

Waterlogged
07-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Here is a review (http://www.scribd.com/doc/3194108/HighEnd-Radiatoren-im-Test). I believe it easily beats any triple or quad rad in most situations, but that's like comparing apples and oranges, imo. The Mo-Ra 2 is 3 triple rads. I don't believe it will beat 3xPA/RX/MCR.

QFT

Thanks but could not red the link...it is not english:confused:
if I put 3 PA120.3 will beat it (Mo-Ra 2)?

3 MCR's will likely beat it and cause a great deal less restriction in your loop. The real question is, do you have enough of a heat load for that much rad? Once you get to a certain point, you have diminishing returns (where you have to start spend 2-3 times as much money to see any results).

ntvh
07-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks, guys. I will wait for this monster
PA 140.3 Triple Radiator, G3/8" ** NEW Product **
$209.50
PA140.3 (15mm)

Bringing the "King of Cool" crown home... and keeping it...
The PA120 radiator series features a dual-row dual-pass 120mm form factor, available in single,
double, triple and quad sizes, optimised for the fans of today and putting into practice everything
learned about water cooling efficiency and performance over the past 3 years. The PA Series boasts
from 10-40% better performance over the HE Series. 10% for the high / noisy airflow end of the fan
market, and up to 40% for the low airflow / silence end of the market.

Sneak Peek/Review of early PA140.3 Prototype

Building on the original PA series radiators, ThermoChill now bring to the table a new
version with 15mm fan-spacing for better compatibility and housed in a more compact shell. Performance specs
on this new Radiator will be released soon.

•Dim: [LxWxD (mm)] TBA

•Plenumb: 10mm

•Fitting Thread: 3/8" BSPP (G3/8")

•Construction: Brass Tanks & Tubes, Cu Fins

•Finish: Matt Black

•Weight: 3Kg

•Fan Mounting Mechanism: Self-Tappers, no. 6 (12 provided)

•Compatibility: TBA

•Fan Centre to Fan Centre: TBA

•Optimised for fans up to 130cfm (to be confirmed)

•NOTE: Barbs not included - for barbs
:) will it fit in the MM duality ???

van_arnam
07-19-2009, 08:46 PM
along w/ that preview of the 140mm fan thermochill should be the review of the mountain mods "crystal ship". these were supposed to be about a while ago but should be coming soon. there's gonna be 140mm fan options on them...

waiting...waiting...

Waterlogged
07-19-2009, 09:27 PM

Sadly, no. . .it won't. The dimensions on that rad are

Dimensions: 142 x 480 x 60mm

480mm =18.898" which is a tad too big for that case.

ntvh
07-19-2009, 09:39 PM
cool will wait. Thanks

bluehaze
07-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks, guys. I will wait for this monster

Don't know if it will fit but it is 15" high by 16 1/2" wide without fittings. With Bitspower rotary Elbows and 3/4 compressions it's a little over 17 1/2" wide.

Edit: NM, Thought you were talking about Mo-Ra LOL

GrossmeisterB
07-19-2009, 09:43 PM
The MO-RA2 Pro is good for very low speed fans (~400 rpm) and external usage...a TFC Monsta or some of those newer quad-radiators with 140mm fans at higher speeds are equal in cooling power, but you need higher rpm fans on there (~1200rpm), to perform the same!

So, what are you aiming for? Absolute silence? Or do you want to keep it all internal? Do you mind having fans running at 1200rpm?

If you want silence => MO-RA2 Pro
If you want it internal => TFC Monsta, Xchanger 480, PA140.3

EDIT: Not to get that wrong: you can run the PA140.3 with 400rpm-fans, too, but it won't cool as well as the MO-RA2 Pro with 9 fans at 400rpm!! So, to get the same heat dissipation, you'll need about 1200rpm

Here's the link to some test:

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/showthread.php?t=623565

bluehaze
07-19-2009, 09:50 PM
The MO-RA2 Pro is good for very low speed fans (~400 rpm) and external usage...a TFC Monsta or some of those newer quad-radiators with 140mm fans at higher speeds are equal in cooling power, but you need higher rpm fans on there (~1200rpm), to perform the same!

So, what are you aiming for? Absolute silence? Or do you want to keep it all internal? Do you mind having fans running at 1200rpm?

If you want silence => MO-RA2 Pro
If you want it internal => TFC Monsta, Xchanger 480, PA140.3

EDIT: Not to get that wrong: you can run the PA140.3 with 400rpm-fans, too, but it won't cool as well as the MO-RA2 Pro with 9 fans at 400rpm!! So, to get the same heat dissipation, you'll need about 1200rpm

Here's the link to some test:

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/showthread.php?t=623565

Mo-Ra is a pretty neat rad, I bought one to play around with. Will be switching out a Monsta for the Mo-Ra in the next couple days. Interested to see what effect it has on temps. Will post back some results in the next few days.

HESmelaugh
07-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Here's another test (http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/showthread.php?t=226445) (in English and everything! :P).

Mo-Ra will definitely beat a PA120.4, but unless you have a huge heat load, not by very much. The Mo-Ra is perfect for extreme heat loads and for very, very silent systems. It also has the advantage that you can stick with it through many upgrades and system changes. It will still offer more than enough cooling performance for a long time to come.

GrossmeisterB
07-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Here's another test (http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/showthread.php?t=226445) (in English and everything! :P).

Mo-Ra will definitely beat a PA120.4, but unless you have a huge heat load, not by very much. The Mo-Ra is perfect for extreme heat loads and for very, very silent systems. It also has the advantage that you can stick with it through many upgrades and system changes. It will still offer more than enough cooling performance for a long time to come.

That was the test I was looking for :D

I think the MO-RA really is for silent systems, and it's not that expensive as well, price is about the same as GTX560, RX480 etc., so the difference is not that huge, only the fans are a bit more pricey :D

Blueking
04-30-2010, 07:09 AM
Anyone been thinking on modify watercool mo-ra 2 pro to highflow radiator?
cut off 180 bends and solder on water canal on ends

Mech0z
04-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Apparently there is news on the Mora 3 in a week or so, so wait for that.

Waterlogged
04-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Anyone been thinking on modify watercool mo-ra 2 pro to highflow radiator?
cut off 180 bends and solder on water canal on ends

It would perform even worse then. It already takes the MO-RA2 in it's present form to effectively compare to 2 standard 3x120, if that mod is made your probably reducing it to a single 3x120 capacity.

Blueking
04-30-2010, 08:52 AM
It would perform even worse then. It already takes the MO-RA2 in it's present form to effectively compare to 2 standard 3x120, if that mod is made your probably reducing it to a single 3x120 capacity.

water would flow slower in each tube on that radiator since flow is splitted, that what matters is surface on fins, it will disipate same heat as before a mod, one can argue with slower flow in each tube reduces turbulence in water and only cool down water close to tube walls and not beeing effective that way, one can put something in radiator tubes to 'push' water to metal walls. If do a properly mod it will be good as before with added highflow.

Waterlogged
04-30-2010, 09:01 AM
water would flow slower in each tube on that radiator since flow is splitted, that what matters is surface on fins, it will disipate same heat as before a mod, one can argue with slower flow in each tube reduces turbulence in water and only cool down water close to tube walls and not beeing effective that way, one can put something in radiator tubes to 'push' water to metal walls. If do a properly mod it will be good as before with added highflow.

There is a reason why the rads most of us use don't have round tubes in them, it's because they are vastly inferior at removing heat from the water. The reason the MO-RA2 is as good as it is is because it twists the water back and forth many many times in order to get as much turbulence in the water so it'll shed all the heat by time it get to the other end. If you put standard style tanks on each end, you'll be severely crippling it. I suggest reading the radiator section of Maxxx's sticky to verify my point.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54331