PDA

View Full Version : TTGI 520 Waat PSU - Not happy :(

Warden
11-21-2003, 09:30 AM
I ordered a TTGI (Super Flower) 520 Waat PSU the other day and installed it yesterday. I had thought my Raidmaxx 500 Waat was giving me poor voltages but it turns out it was some setting in MBM that was giving me an incorrect reading. Anyway, even on its lowest setting the TTGI PSU has to be one of the loudest most annoying PSU's I have ever heard. It was significantly louder then my HSF as well as the 4 80mm case fans that I am running. The Raidmax PSU is probably les then half as loud. I'm certain it's a great PSU but it's going back on monday... too loud for me.

Warden

NyCUndaGrounD
11-21-2003, 09:43 AM
Are u sure u have the fan setting correctly at lowest. Mine is virtually silent at low and very loud at high settings. Also did u play around with the pots in side?

Warden
11-21-2003, 10:02 AM
Yes, it has 3 speed settings. On the 2nd highest and highest speeds it sounds like a couple of Delta's screeming inside the case, on the lowest setting it's still far loudre then any PSU I have ever owned.

Warden

Kunaak
11-21-2003, 10:21 AM
switch out the fans.

Dr.Demonic69
11-21-2003, 10:24 AM
A true overclocker like myself and many others in here really dont mind the sound from fans because thats what enables us to overclock in the first place. You sound like u don't belong in here, no offense.

Warden
11-21-2003, 10:26 AM
Kunaak -

Did I see a review at Newegg from you on the Zalman CU7000 (I think thats model, for the P4 and Socket 754).

Anyway, if it was you I was curious as to how you like it on an A64 Platform. I'm currently using the stock HSF and am considering this one as an upgrade.

Demonic - No offense but a true overclocker uses water or phase change systems to cool their CPU/GPU, etc and doesn't care to have such loud fans in his system. While my phase change system is being built I'm air cooling at the moment so no offense but you sound like you don't belong here.

Warden

Kunaak
11-21-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Warden
Kunaak -

Did I see a review at Newegg from you on the Zalman CU7000 (I think thats model, for the P4 and Socket 754).

Anyway, if it was you I was curious as to how you like it on an A64 Platform. I'm currently using the stock HSF and am considering this one as an upgrade.

Warden

yep thats me, I have zillions of little reviews at newegg.
I buy tons of stuff there and when I like something I say it.
if I don't I usually keep it to myself unless its really bad (creative 5700 speakers come to mind)

its a great heatsink, I don't see why people worry so much about the size, it's fit 2 P4 boards and 1 AMD 64 board so far.
manufactures don't put CPU sockets 3 centimeters away from the PSU, and this heatsink isn't much bigger then other things I used like the swiftech MCX4000B I had with a 93mm fan.
of the SLK 900 I used a few months ago.
I was able to benchmark all the way to 2.52 ghz on air cooling alone with it, but thats cause of a few different tricks, like junkie hard drives, and Nvidia cards.
but the best air cooling I could get certainly helps.

I moved onto watercooling for my AMD64 till Nventiv finally releases a AMD64 kit.
but I still keep the zalman cause it's solid, and fits lots of stuff.