PDA

View Full Version : Benching Team

Pages : [1] 2

k|ngp|n
07-18-2009, 09:40 AM
Ok so things are coming together and I am vaguely seeing a starting point for us as a team. Maybe nab a few more recruits, then time to start digging in and getting it done.
Jody is currently working on the finished forum for the site, and we'll have a private section for the team where we can come together and go over strategy and discuss our benching. This WHOLE team will be benching at a "high" level, maybe higher than what some of you are used to :D. You have my word I will do whatever it takes to make that happen. Focus is less on my benching, but more on making some of you guys better benchers.

One of the first things is team name. KINGPINCOOLING.COM isn't the final name of the team yet. I have some other ideas, but I want some input from you as it is your team as well. Here are some others I like alot:

Dragon OC Team
PURE

[XC] gomeler
07-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Dragon OC Team would be sweet and the flag should be a skull and crossbones to represent the non-nationality :cool: Could always settle on a Somalian flag :p:

Gautam
07-18-2009, 08:21 PM
PURE you know I've always been a fan of that one

RAID
07-18-2009, 09:07 PM
PURE you know I've always been a fan of that one

+1 for PURE

NightRaven
07-18-2009, 09:10 PM
thou i dont know what PURE means yet. I think that's nicer :)

thebanik
07-18-2009, 10:28 PM
I definitely would like to be a better bencher for sure if nothing else, :)

metro.cl
07-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Great idea Vince, just wondering if you need to have a KP Pot to be a part of this team.

Pure +1

k|ngp|n
07-19-2009, 06:33 AM
hehe we are storming up the team ladder :yepp: ONly about 1100 points off of #8 spot and we haven't even started working yet :up:
Team is coming together nicely with a lot of quality guys.
Lets give them all hell....

@Metro no you don't have to have one of my pots to join the team, but I will do WHATEVER it takes to get you on one soon enough ;)...WHATEVER IT TAKES buddy.
Speaking of that did your F1 show up yet Nemesis?? :D

I have always liked PURE for a few reasons. First there use to be this UT clan called PURE, and whenever I ran into one of these guys in 1vs1 I always walked away from the PC afterwards utterly demoralized :). Every one of their members was so freaking stellar at the game it was scary and everyone knew it in the competitive UT community. Thats exactly the kind of vibe I want for our bench team.
Lets take a look at what the word means and see how it applies to us as a team and where we want to go:

(1): unmixed with any other matter <pure gold> (2): free from dust, dirt, or taint <pure springwater> (3): spotless, stainless b: free from harshness or roughness and being in tune —used of a musical tone cof a vowel : characterized by no appreciable alteration of articulation during utterance2 a: being thus and no other : sheer, unmitigated <pure folly> b (1): abstract, theoretical <pure research> (2): a priori <pure mechanics> c: not directed toward exposition of reality or solution of practical problems <pure literature> d: being nonobjective and to be appraised on formal and technical qualities only <pure form>3 a (1): free from what vitiates, weakens, or pollutes (2): containing nothing that does not properly belong b: free from moral fault or guilt c: marked by chastity : continent d (1): of pure blood and unmixed ancestry (2): homozygous in and breeding true for one or more characters e: ritually clean4: having exactly the talents or skills needed for a particular role <a pure shooter in basketball>

Anything with Dragon in it is a good choice too.

LardArse
07-19-2009, 07:31 AM
$GB$? or DD (the name before it - Deadly Disciples :) )
Thats my favourite UT Clan, best 1on1ers, OverToad, Destrukt, XS Pain, I think PURE got bigger after 99 though

massman
07-19-2009, 08:11 AM
I like the idea of PURE benching ... ! ;)

Good luck with the team guys.

carpo93
07-19-2009, 08:30 AM
DragonFire?
DragonIce?

BenchZowner
07-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Your ideas suck guys.
Let the teacher give you a proper name.
Ok, listen...

.::BCF::. aka Bill's Chosen Few

:D :rofl:

filmbot
07-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Good to see this coming together. After I saw the list of member list over at HWBot, I was really stoked to see a lot of younger and very skilled benchers being picked up. Seems you'll be grooming them to be some of the best around. Can't wait to see the upcoming scores and more meet ups from you guys. This looks like it could be a very good thing :up:

I like PURE for the team name.

Gautam
07-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Team Spicey.

zalbard
07-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Pure sounds great. :up:

chew*
07-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Team Spicey.

Here's a mascot for that name :rofl::ROTF::rofl:

http://chew.ln2cooling.com/TWKR%20contest/sunchair.jpg

k|ngp|n
07-19-2009, 06:59 PM
$GB$? or DD (the name before it - Deadly Disciples :) )
Thats my favourite UT Clan, best 1on1ers, OverToad, Destrukt, XS Pain, I think PURE got bigger after 99 though

Yah i remember Xs pain. Pure was pretty heavy for ut2k3+

I wonder what you would ping this dedicated server I am setting up at the lab..prolly not good :( Just from my house its 77 or so. Spent most of the day opening up ports on my routers firewall for the game server :down:, finally got it working and I can get to it outside the lan.

Kain XS
07-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Hey KP, thats great news! Great site you have, hope construction goes well around.
I was thinking on how is the new pot Venom going to perform vs F1EE.
Also I think IŽll buy some insulation items for prepare OCing again. Just got a new bench table.
Good luck on going to the top :)

HitandRun
07-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Very nice Vince! I checked out the forums the other day! :clap:

The Nemesis
07-19-2009, 09:52 PM
hehe we are storming up the team ladder :yepp: ONly about 1100 points off of #8 spot and we haven't even started working yet :up:

@Metro no you don't have to have one of my pots to join the team, but I will do WHATEVER it takes to get you on one soon enough ;)...WHATEVER IT TAKES buddy.

I didn't even know it shipped yet. I'm guessing it will be here tomorrow if you shipped friday. I've got a couple more purchases to make (as you know) and then my onslaught will begin. Quakecon will be here in a couple weeks and I had something special planned prior to the formation of the team.

Not sure about the name thing. K|ngp|n Cooling seems just fine to me.

Kain XS
07-19-2009, 09:59 PM
How about PureDragon?
I mean its simple, but has both great things.
PureDragon Team. My 2 cents.

N3RO
07-20-2009, 05:42 AM
Top10 is so close :)

All the best for your team :up: hope to be there someday ;)

k|ngp|n
07-20-2009, 06:01 AM
I didn't even know it shipped yet. I'm guessing it will be here tomorrow if you shipped friday. I've got a couple more purchases to make (as you know) and then my onslaught will begin. Quakecon will be here in a couple weeks and I had something special planned prior to the formation of the team.

Not sure about the name thing. K|ngp|n Cooling seems just fine to me.

Are you going to quakecon?

Top10 is so close :)

All the best for your team :up: hope to be there someday ;)

Thanx and I will look forward to that!

kiwi
07-20-2009, 06:26 AM
Yah i remember Xs pain. Pure was pretty heavy for ut2k3+

I wonder what you would ping this dedicated server I am setting up at the lab..prolly not good :( Just from my house its 77 or so. Spent most of the day opening up ports on my routers firewall for the game server :down:, finally got it working and I can get to it outside the lan.

Mate, too bad you are not EU based :) You still owe me a 1on1 or at least a TAM match :D

k|ngp|n
07-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Mate, too bad you are not EU based :) You still owe me a 1on1 or at least a TAM match :D

Yah for sure :(
I am actually getting into the game again since Sham left, maybe if we ever run into each other at an event in your area we can play :up: (though it's doubtful if/when I will travel again, I hate planes :down:

This is just solid gold man. Check out our trophy case team. 11 Global cups :D
GO ANDRE!!!
http://www.overclockingpin.com/trophys.jpg

massman
07-20-2009, 07:44 AM
I there any benchmark you guys DON'T have an cup for? :D

k|ngp|n
07-20-2009, 07:53 AM
1m for sure. Prolly one of my least competitive benchmarks. Hoping another team member can pickup some slack there :D
Never tweak or bench alone for it really and just run it quickly in between 3d01 runs usually on a 3d drive. Can't do that nowadays :D

Gautam
07-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Hey maybe we should call the team kingpingcooling like they like doing at hwbot :D

The Nemesis
07-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Are you going to quakecon?

Yes, I go every year. They haven't had the 3DMark contest since '06 but I won it then when they did:yepp: I play in the tournaments but I'm just not good enough to compete against the professional gamers. Toxic is just unbelievable.

Slovnaft
07-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Hey guys, just joined up on the bot.
looking forward to a week of intense benching as soon as i get my hardware back I'll be getting my W3570 cold and trying some DICE on my newfound cherry RAM.
OH and my GTX295 has been mounted up for weeks just staring at me admonishingly so I'll hopefully share the cold love with it. (any chance you might have some mod tips to share now vinny? :D maybe we can have a team-implicit NDA :rolleyes:)
It has been so long since I've been seriously benching and my account sure shows it, so I absolutely can't wait to get down to chasing those wimpy philosopher-politician-girly-men with you.

For Jody; wouldn't it be nice to have one of those snazzy chat windows like OCX?

anyone like the name Krew? or some variation therein? I like PURE a lot better though.

Fr3ak
07-20-2009, 10:12 AM
So who is allowed to join and who is not?

Gunslinger
07-20-2009, 10:59 AM

The million dollar question, seems to be invite only at this time, shouldn't be a problem for someone with your mad skills. :D

Good luck with the new team KP, looks to be off to a smokin start. :yepp: :up:

Don_Dan
07-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Hey maybe we should call the team kingpingcooling like they like doing at hwbot :D

Someone at hwbot has reacted right now! :D

Hwbot makes unforgiveable mistake ... It's Kingpincooling.com, without the 'g'
2 minutes ago from web

The Nemesis
07-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Pot arrived:up:

Gautam
07-20-2009, 11:45 AM

Hwbot makes unforgiveable mistake ... It's Kingpincooling.com, without the 'g'
2 minutes ago from web

lol

k|ngp|n
07-20-2009, 11:51 AM

Anyone willing and able to be one of the gears in a benching machine, we would consider.

massman
07-20-2009, 12:23 PM

Twitter allows me to speak as 'hwbot' ... :D

Sorryg Kingping andg friendsg, Ig willg neverg dog itg againg.

metro.cl
07-20-2009, 03:21 PM

I have always liked PURE for a few reasons. First there use to be this UT clan called PURE, and whenever I ran into one of these guys in 1vs1 I always walked away from the PC afterwards utterly demoralized :). Every one of their members was so freaking stellar at the game it was scary and everyone knew it in the competitive UT community. Thats exactly the kind of vibe I want for our bench team.
Lets take a look at what the word means and see how it applies to us as a team and where we want to go:

(1): unmixed with any other matter <pure gold> (2): free from dust, dirt, or taint <pure springwater> (3): spotless, stainless b: free from harshness or roughness and being in tune —used of a musical tone cof a vowel : characterized by no appreciable alteration of articulation during utterance2 a: being thus and no other : sheer, unmitigated <pure folly> b (1): abstract, theoretical <pure research> (2): a priori <pure mechanics> c: not directed toward exposition of reality or solution of practical problems <pure literature> d: being nonobjective and to be appraised on formal and technical qualities only <pure form>3 a (1): free from what vitiates, weakens, or pollutes (2): containing nothing that does not properly belong b: free from moral fault or guilt c: marked by chastity : continent d (1): of pure blood and unmixed ancestry (2): homozygous in and breeding true for one or more characters e: ritually clean4: having exactly the talents or skills needed for a particular role <a pure shooter in basketball>

Anything with Dragon in it is a good choice too.

Great count me in, i'll do my best and hope to learn a lot from you guys.

chispy
07-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Thank you Vince.

Angelo.

k|ngp|n
07-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Chispy welcome aboard my friend. How could I turn you down with that sig :up:

OCclub is about to become another victim of this extreme consortium :yepp:
Man I was looking at some of the member totals of teams left ahead of us lol,
some teams have 10-50 times our head count. This is gonna be an EPIC battle!

Kal-EL
07-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Looking great guys, #9 and climbing the chart like a bat outa hell. The points to member ratio is stellar and you look like a suped up version of a few small dedicated benching teams. Exciting times indeed. :up:

Bench hard and often, thats the member types you have now! :yepp:

[XC] gomeler
07-20-2009, 06:34 PM
K, we are now #8.

Kal-EL
07-20-2009, 06:41 PM
gomeler;3917485']K, we are now #8.

O.k. :confused: servers haven't sync'd?
(Still shows #9 when I visit hwbot)

Probably cuz I'm living in the past way out here in Hawaii. Its like 4:42pm

[XC] gomeler
07-20-2009, 07:18 PM
I just changed teams and moved ~600 points, KingpinCooling is now #8 in points but the ranking hasn't updated yet.

Kal-EL
07-20-2009, 07:40 PM
gomeler;3917540']I just changed teams and moved ~600 points, KingpinCooling is now #8 in points but the ranking hasn't updated yet.

Ouch! nice bwnage points. :up:

TheKarmakazi
07-21-2009, 05:07 AM
Yup im on board now to :up:

Added my 405pts. Thats makes the entire Uberclocker OC Team switched over. Slovnaft, Chispy, and myself. Brought the team over 1,000 pts :wiggle:

Putting a 4870x2 under LN2 soon for some single card fun. Also gonna explore my new 920 (3849B018) on ln2 hopefully this weekend/next week.

Edit: I like both potential names, but I think PURE has a nice ring to it.

blind_ripper
07-21-2009, 07:21 AM
1m for sure. Prolly one of my least competitive benchmarks. Hoping another team member can pickup some slack there :D
Never tweak or bench alone for it really and just run it quickly in between 3d01 runs usually on a 3d drive. Can't do that nowadays :D

dont forget CPU-Z ;).

tobad im all-ready on a team boy's :D.

GL though.

Viss
07-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Benchmarks Blind :p::D

Fr3ak
07-21-2009, 07:45 AM
Totally unrelatred to this thread, but Madshrimps, watch out, my team will overtake you soon ;)

The Nemesis
07-21-2009, 08:11 AM
Also gonna explore my new 920 (3849B018) on ln2 hopefully this weekend/next week.

I've gone through three of that batch, they all benched at 5GHz but cold bug at -60'c . my 3848B028 doesn't cold bug until well below -100. they're a fun batch otherwise.

Slovnaft
07-21-2009, 08:51 AM
I've gone through three of that batch, they all benched at 5GHz but cold bug at -60'c . my 3848B028 doesn't cold bug until well below -100. they're a fun batch otherwise.

HAAHAA
get ready for some more coldbuggin fun jamie :p:

think you've had enough for one week?:rofl:

Buckeye
07-21-2009, 09:08 AM
The 920 D0 batch# 3849B203 I have is booting into windows at -130c and benchable.

But it seemed to like -110c better when I ran my CPUz and benches

massman
07-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Totally unrelatred to this thread, but Madshrimps, watch out, my team will overtake you soon ;)

200 points to go and Madshrimps has 180L incoming tomorrow ... Yeah, I don't think so! :D

k|ngp|n
07-21-2009, 09:40 AM
200 points to go and Madshrimps has 180L incoming tomorrow ... Yeah, I don't think so! :D

Good luck guys! You and blind? Who else?

@Team
I think someone at the top of the team ranking has heard our message loud and clear because I heard from another guy that he wants to buy up a bunch of decent clocking quads for his teammates. I smell fear :up:

chispy
07-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Well time to fill up my dewar again for some LN2 action as my SS its up for modding, repair and regas :D. Lets Ryde team :up:.

@Vince , we are ready :yepp: for all those Quads.

Angelo.

massman
07-21-2009, 09:49 AM
@KP: If I'm not mistaken Gamer and Leeghoofd will pass by as well. Thomas might as well later this week, not sure.

Fr3ak
07-21-2009, 09:55 AM

We have more than 600l coming next month, so it might be interesting. As long as we beat Hardwareluxx, I dont really care ;D

massman
07-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Meh ... size (of the dewar) doesn't matter! :D

k|ngp|n
07-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Its not the size of the dewar but how you use it :D
Hey mm, when I change the team name in my profile, does it change for everyone else on the team as well automatically?

massman
07-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Changes for everyone automatically

Slovnaft
07-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Anyone located in the east?
I plan on getting a 180L for next weekend and anyone who can get their butts to MA is welcome.
Or I could try and use it all myself:D

TheKarmakazi
07-21-2009, 10:24 AM
@Team
I think someone at the top of the team ranking has heard our message loud and clear because I heard from another guy that he wants to buy up a bunch of decent clocking quads for his teammates. I smell fear :up:

I was looking to buy one anyways! What a joy not having to hunt down a good batch.... Im onboard for that :up::D

Ive never smelt fear before, but I know how victory smells.... :ROTF:

chew*
07-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Gautam is close to you. I am to but this weekend is well booked ;)

Avan
07-21-2009, 10:39 AM
I plan on getting a 180L for next weekend and anyone who can get their butts to MA is welcome.

Movieman is close. Have him bring his W5580s :rofl: Get some wPrime points

runmc
07-21-2009, 01:12 PM
I would like to be the "WaterBoy." Who do I need to talk to? :cool:

Kal-EL
07-21-2009, 01:36 PM

I don't think any of their benchers will be doing water. You'll have to be flask boy, container boy, or dewar boy. :ROTF:

k|ngp|n
07-21-2009, 02:01 PM
aight guys we are now team PURE. Gotta live up to that tag now :D. Good luck with all of your upcoming bench sessions I am hearing about this week. Prolly the first person that I ever told about this idea of a benching team was Jason(mickeymouse) maybe 2-3yrs ago when I first started hwbot when some of these other teams didn't even exist, thats how long I have wanted to do this. Wanted the same name (pure) back then too.

Don't know if I want over 20-25 guys as it will become diluted like alot of these other teams with large member counts. Thats not what this team is going to be about. I want something different here, thats the whole point of this.

Some of you new green recruits ;), keep your heads up and don't pay any attention to MEAN people. Keep above it all and stay focused on our mission.
This too shall pass...

[XC] gomeler
07-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Scrounging the funds for another 295, Tek9 and 180L of LN2. I think Jody is within reach with just 60L of LN2 leaving plenty to pass Gautam :cool: Need more guys in the 800pts+ club :up:

k|ngp|n
07-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Lets have a BIG warm welcome for our Italian friends Leghorn and Giorgioprimo :welcome:

Kal-EL
07-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Congrats on the #6 spot guys.

The Nemesis
07-21-2009, 04:07 PM
gomeler;3919188']Scrounging the funds for another 295, Tek9 and 180L of LN2. I think Jody is within reach with just 60L of LN2 leaving plenty to pass Gautam :cool: Need more guys in the 800pts+ club :up:

I think I can get to 700 or so during the first couple weeks of August. Been reading up on how to configure a hard drive just for Super Pi runs. Then I'm gonna go dust off me opty 170, 165, 146, and even the K7 Athlon 500. I've also yet to make PCMark runs so working on ssd for that. After I grab a better cpu for 3DMark I'll make some more runs with a few cards I got laying around (3 8800GTX's, 3 GTX 280's, 2 7900GT's, and 2 GTX 295's.) :)

Lets have a BIG warm welcome for our Italian friends Leghorn and Giorgioprimio :welcome:

WELCOME GENTLEMEN

youngpro
07-21-2009, 05:40 PM
great to see another top team coming together, good luck guys, i think its a great idea..

not sure about the name though, PURE, definatly doesnt instill fear in me, i think more long the lines of....
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa50/preeeezy/lambs-1.jpg
j/k

Deanzo
07-21-2009, 05:47 PM
great to see another top team coming together, good luck guys, i think its a great idea..

not sure about the name though, PURE, definatly doesnt instill fear in me, i think more long the lines of....
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa50/preeeezy/lambs-1.jpg
j/k

After all the jokes I have to put up with from the Team AU guys, when James thinks of "PURE" this is what pops into his mind.

Sure!

dinos22
07-21-2009, 06:00 PM
:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

chispy
07-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Welcome aboard Leghorn and Giorgioprimio :welcome:.

Angelo.

k|ngp|n
07-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Thanx pro :up:

Raja@ASUS
07-21-2009, 11:08 PM

Lol..How could anyone refuse that offer?

k|ngp|n
07-22-2009, 05:43 AM
Waterboy huh Ron? Of course buddy. Lemme go check out your hwbot profile first ;) You sure you dont want to be a regular member though? There is always room for good people/friends like you :D

TheGoat Eater
07-22-2009, 07:34 AM
maybe I can get there soon - hoping to shoot for 400~ more points here in the next couple months :D - maybe all on DICE but will be hopefully switching from DICE to LN2 soon

[XC] gomeler
07-22-2009, 07:56 AM
water sucks! It really really sucks! but water sucks! It really really sucks!
Waterboy: You.. You Bad people!  R-R-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-!!!!!!!

chispy
07-22-2009, 08:51 AM
gomeler;3920397']water sucks! It really really sucks! but water sucks! It really really sucks!

:rofl: lol

Slovnaft
07-22-2009, 09:04 AM
gomeler;3920397']water sucks! It really really sucks! but water sucks! It really really sucks!

for a few minutes i didn't quite catch the reference and thought gom was just hitting the crackpipe again...:rolleyes:

k|ngp|n
07-22-2009, 10:28 AM
1K points till #3 worldwide :shocked: Great work so far guys I am seeing contributions on all levels now..thats what it's about. Do the best you can with what you got and we will prevail as a team.

loonym
07-22-2009, 10:34 AM
gomeler;3920397']water sucks!And air blows??! :p:

JasonDTM
07-22-2009, 01:23 PM
1K points till #3 worldwide :shocked: Great work so far guys I am seeing contributions on all levels now..thats what it's about. Do the best you can with what you got and we will prevail as a team.

Pretty cool deal, I'd join but school has raped my hardware budget. :rofl:

Hope I am welcome to troll your forums when they're up. :cool::p:

TheGreenFoX
07-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Kingpin: I think your team and the basic idear is so cool... It really brings xtreme OC to another level, and give the rest of us something to live up to... (dreaming that we one day could be worthy to become a member of your team)

chispy
07-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Vince the only way its up :sonic: :up:.

Angelo.

massman
07-22-2009, 11:31 PM

Change your name to "BeerBro" and I think you're in!

Nazar
07-23-2009, 12:22 AM
1K points till #3 worldwide :shocked:
You guyz are crazy :clap:
I really like this team :D

[XC] Oj101
07-23-2009, 01:31 AM
Joined you guys ;)

My points pushed us to number 4 :D

rdrash
07-23-2009, 05:15 AM
Howdy All....

Some may know this already but for the rest..... I have recently moved (Sunday, 19 July) from Korea to Japan and as such I am in a period of transition, it's gonna be a few weeks before I can get back to benching hard for this team. When I do get back up and running I'll be gunnin for Brian's SuperPi 32m WR (among other goals)...hehehehe, we'll see what his backups are at that point I hope. I have two (new to my assortment) CPUs coming my way that may give me a good fightin chance at grabbin some points for the team.

k|ngp|n
07-23-2009, 07:38 AM
Howdy All....

Some may know this already but for the rest..... I have recently moved (Sunday, 19 July) from Korea to Japan and as such I am in a period of transition, it's gonna be a few weeks before I can get back to benching hard for this team. When I do get back up and running I'll be gunnin for Brian's SuperPi 32m WR (among other goals)...hehehehe, we'll see what his backups are at that point I hope. I have two (new to my assortment) CPUs coming my way that may give me a good fightin chance at grabbin some points for the team.

I like the sound of that :up: Good luck.

k|ngp|n
07-23-2009, 07:52 AM
OCX is on the verge....:clap:

TheGoat Eater
07-23-2009, 02:12 PM
This :rehab: :banana: :banana2: is bananas!!!! B, A, N, A, N, A, S!!!! :rofl::ROTF::yepp::p:

K404
07-23-2009, 02:24 PM
This isnt meant to be harsh but.... whats the big deal about your HWB ranking boosts? At the mo, you arent collecting new scores...you're collecting new members. Thats easy, given the names and awareness of the guys already onboard. You're skimming the cream of several other teams. HWB might end up looking a bit lop-sided?

I fully believe you'll take No.1..... then what? :)

Kal-EL
07-23-2009, 02:41 PM
This isnt meant to be harsh but.... whats the big deal about your HWB ranking boosts? At the mo, you arent collecting new scores...you're collecting new members. Thats easy, given the names and awareness of the guys already onboard. You're skimming the cream of several other teams. HWB might end up looking a bit lop-sided?

Then the mothership lands and picks 10 overclockers to return to the home world.

I see some polarization occurring at the bot, the landscape will be changing fast now. Looking at History, when faced with a changing climate and environment, those quick to adapt succeed while those stuck in their ways often get swallowed up by change.

Then there are the exceptions to the rule who turn around and bring Rome to its knees.

k|ngp|n
07-23-2009, 03:02 PM

It's not harsh no worries mate. All I want to do is form my own competitive hwbot team. Do I have a right to have an hwbot team just like everyone else does? No one is being forced at gunpoint here to do anything, I promise. I'm not soliciting anyone from anywhere except getting 20 pms a day from guys(mostly who I have been friends with for a long time) who say they are unhappy with their current team because THEY ARE NOT MOTIVATED ON THEIR CURRENT TEAM BECAUSE THEY THINK THEIR TEAM DOESN'T PUT FORTH ENOUGH EFFORT OR IS LAZY OR WTFEVER I HAVE HEARD IT ALL. What am I supposed to say to that? What would you say to that bro? I can't believe the sh(i)t fits some guys are having about this, its :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing unreal man lol.
All I want to do is motivate people to bench and give them something cool to belong too that they feel they were a big part of. Is that so bad.
the team ranking at hwbot were so stale before. Just a bunch of teams hovering around the same point totals forever.
I never cared about hwbot team benching until now...
Only thing I am a little irrated with what you said is that we are not working, Thats not cool man..
I was up till 6 this morning benching and I am going all night again tonight for another result. I think a lot of guys that are working really hard atm would take offense to your statement but it's all good I understand where its coming from. We plan on being here for the long run and I have aspirations much higher than just taking #1 spot in the team ranking, I want to rewrite the books on what a top benching team is capable of.

k|ngp|n
07-23-2009, 03:18 PM
:banana::banana::banana::banana:!! Went out to get some caffeine and now we are even closer to knocking out OCX :shocked: Hopefully I can chip away some more tonight. 400 points or so to go

metro.cl
07-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Just registered at you forum KP :) hope to bench soon! so i can help.

massman
07-23-2009, 03:31 PM
:banana::banana::banana::banana:!! Went out to get some caffeine and now we are even closer to knocking out OCX :shocked: Hopefully I can chip away some more tonight. 400 points or so to go

Hahahaha ... awesome :D.

"Hmm, I'm really tired, I really should stop and go to bed now. OOOOORRR, I could get some boost to stay awake!!" :rofl:

Hyperhorn
07-23-2009, 03:35 PM
I`m watching this since a few days and to be honest it`s quite impressive what you achieved so quickly. It`s like the guys were waiting for PURE all the time.

But...
when is smokin`George going to join your team? :rofl:

Planet
07-23-2009, 03:35 PM

Get some rest man. You sounded beat on the phone. :hm:

MTP04
07-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Its all good Vince, wish you and your team all the best!!:)

Only about 3k to dethrone H.O.T. LOL.

k|ngp|n
07-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Just registered at you forum KP :) hope to bench soon! so i can help.

Awesome :up: Better team "hideout" is coming :D

TheKarmakazi
07-23-2009, 03:51 PM
I got a very promising high leakage 8400 going under the gun tonight. Lets keep pushing it guys, #2 will be ours soon! :)

k|ngp|n
07-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Hahahaha ... awesome :D.

"Hmm, I'm really tired, I really should stop and go to bed now. OOOOORRR, I could get some boost to stay awake!!" :rofl:

I went into the place with a Tek and boosted everything they had including the cooler :shocked:
I'm ready for some modding and some cold now :D
http://www.overclockingpin.com/motivation.jpg

k|ngp|n
07-23-2009, 03:57 PM
That avatar is tight :D. Maybe I should give something up for the most creative skull and bones ava :up: Good luck with that leaker. Bad Air = Good cold

TheGoat Eater
07-23-2009, 04:12 PM
I went into the place with a Tek and boosted everything they had including the cooler :shocked:
I'm ready for some modding and some cold now :D
*SNIP*
LOL - was going to say "where is the Monster LOL, I cold tell you like that stuff" ;) :yepp:

EDIT - Hipro, I found you an avatar if you join up >LOL<
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7914/cigarettes.jpg

K404
07-24-2009, 01:01 AM
Oh... I have absolutely no problem about a new heavy-hitting team or a good motivator for benchers :) Of course there will be some highly motivated guys and they'll bench anyway because they have that spark. Backups... pre-bench testing of course that goes on :)

I should have added a "....yet" to a thing or two I said. Is the rise PURE are having at the moment because of new scores or new members?. The point gains have been easy because its new members joining. Sure, when everythings set up and the team members are benching new gear and adding new scores.. THATS when things get cool to watch ;) and THATS when you guys will be doing things you can be proud of. Changing a selection in a drop-down box is nothing, its what you do and feel once you've made that selection :)

:toast:

k|ngp|n
07-24-2009, 06:39 AM
@goat..there is not a chance in hell hipro will join this team, he has his own :up: Not that I wouldnt love to have him, but then 80% of my motivation to do this is gone.

@k404.. I realize where you are coming from with what you said and I understand where some frustrations could creep in from certain teams about losing members. Yah a major part of our rise atm is from taking on new members for sure, thats undeniable. You know thats gonna happen when you start a team with only two members and I am still pleasantly shocked that we have come this far this quick :shocked:. Seems like alot of guys want something new to bench for. There are some of us still working very hard and doing what we have always done trying to lead by example and motivate the rest, thats NEVER gonna change.
After the smoke clears and we have settled in as a team, I think you will see a hellish work pace set by all PURE team memebrs benching to the best of their abilities/within their means and contributing whatever they can. The leaders of our team not only want to set an example for the team, but also to set an example and torrid pace for the rest of the league.
Shaking up the team standings is a good thing, ocx and H.O.T have been on top forever(deservedly so because they are great teams full of fantastic benchers).

hipro5
07-24-2009, 06:48 AM
EDIT - Hipro, I found you an avatar if you join up >LOL<
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7914/cigarettes.jpg

:D :up:

k|ngp|n
07-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Gratz on the 50k hip :clap:

Nazar
07-24-2009, 07:58 AM
OCX is on the verge....:clap:

Done :)

Avan
07-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Done :)

Wow...that was quick. Guess that stops any of the stuff about adding members is how this team climbs. Gained 400+ points to hop OCX without adding a single member. Nice work! :clap:

hipro5
07-24-2009, 10:31 AM

Thanks Vince... :)

massman
07-24-2009, 10:36 AM

By "hip", do you refer to the fact that George is now so old he's probably having problems with his hip? :D

Drop some bombs, George, they are teasing you!!

pauld5999
07-24-2009, 11:50 AM

I am anxiously awaiting result from this :D

Slovnaft
07-24-2009, 12:31 PM
I am anxiously awaiting result from this :D

Yeah, i've got yer cpu under DICE right now.
It's not CBing like you were seeing. but i have another problem...

IT'S TOO HOT FOR DICE

my pot is a 5lbs solid copper monster and windows splash at 1.53v makes temps climb from -63 to -45 in about two seconds and it will just keep climbing unless i crash it.
Bad air chip. Bad dice chip. =crazy ln2 chip?
we'll see.

pauld5999
07-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Yeah, i've got yer cpu under DICE right now.
It's not CBing like you were seeing. but i have another problem...

IT'S TOO HOT FOR DICE

my pot is a 5lbs solid copper monster and windows splash at 1.53v makes temps climb from -63 to -45 in about two seconds, then crashes.
Bad air chip. Bad dice chip. =crazy ln2 chip?
we'll see.

I like that logic :)

yeah I was 99.9% certain that cold bug issue was a board thing (seeing as it was doing it with already proven cold chips :p), replacement board just arrived yesterday for me

best of luck man!!! hope that chip PURE entertainment for you :)

k|ngp|n
07-24-2009, 04:22 PM
1800 points and some change to go :eek: PUSH!!

[XC] gomeler
07-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Give me a week to finish up school for the semester and I'll add another 200 points at the minimum :)

hipro5
07-25-2009, 12:26 AM
By "hip", do you refer to the fact that George is now so old he's probably having problems with his hip? :D

Drop some bombs, George, they are teasing you!!

Ahmmmmmm........!!.....

Fr3ak
07-25-2009, 04:19 AM
Time for me to start benching again I suppose =)

Is it just me or does PURE and a pirate flag have as much in common as planes and good food?

[XC] gomeler
07-25-2009, 07:04 AM
Time for me to start benching again I suppose =)

Is it just me or does PURE and a pirate flag have as much in common as planes and good food?

Should we have a rainbow flag or a flag with a prancing unicorn? We are PURE evil and we'll rule these easy HWBot seas with an iron fist :cool:

More seriously PURE needs an international flag and that damned question-mark flag is stupid lame. Now a pirate flag.. that strikes fear into the hearts of those above us.

k|ngp|n
07-25-2009, 08:05 AM
I've asked for the pirate flag the day I made the team, hwbot admin explained to me that it isn't possible as those flag are all from some program or something and can't be changed. They did however say that they might be switching over to avatar style representations for teams which would be killer, cuz we still get our pirate flag :up: Hopefully it gets implemented in the next round of revisions they make over there. Haiving international flags to represent teams is prolly not the best way to go anymore, as alot of teams have multinational players.

Pirate flag fits us atm so well :D

I am going to see a local graphic designer about having some team t-shirts made for representing at live events and get togethers :yepp:
We need to come up with 2-3 cool designs. Input from team members is welcome and expected :up:

[XC] gomeler
07-25-2009, 08:18 AM
On second thought I think we should have a flag with a prancing unicorn. A little psychological warfare goes a long way. It would throw off our competition with the guise that we are cuddly and cute while we plan global domination. Tell Brian to tone down the 32M domination till the other pieces are in place :yepp:

Expat GriZ
07-25-2009, 08:38 AM
gomeler;3926437']On second thought I think we should have a flag with a prancing unicorn. A little psychological warfare goes a long way. :yepp:

Next you will want the Official Team colour to be PINK:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now to be serious, Congrats on the speedy climb up the ranks gentlemen, nice to see something "NEW" shaking the tree.:up:

TASOS
07-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Good luck to team PURE.

Have fun you guys.

From what i see,it's only a matter of time for you to hit the No1 spot.
We'll do our best though.

@Vince
...that's why...we cant find a single (Classified) board here in Athens

http://www.overclockingpin.com/motivation.jpg

k|ngp|n
07-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Ahh those are mostly dead, one caught on fire.
Hey tasos :D How are you my friend? Thanx again so much for the dinner when I was in Athens :up: We will have to work hard to beat H.O.T, because we won't be taking on any more members soon. I don't mind being second to hipro in ANYTHING, but I am not so sure about the rest of these guys now, seems I've created some kind of monster here. They want blood I think.

carpo93
07-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Ahh those are mostly dead, one caught on fire.

here i can't find one:(

They want blood I think.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Brian y.
07-25-2009, 03:48 PM
gomeler;3926437']On second thought I think we should have a flag with a prancing unicorn. A little psychological warfare goes a long way. It would throw off our competition with the guise that we are cuddly and cute while we plan global domination. Tell Brian to tone down the 32M domination till the other pieces are in place :yepp:Hurry up and get your new place together so I can come over and we can nail down some benches!:slapass::D

Gunslinger
07-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Hurry up and get your new place together so I can come over and we can nail down some benches!:slapass::D

Amen, I need to bust my LN2 cherry. :ROTF:

[XC] gomeler
07-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Hurry up and get your new place together so I can come over and we can nail down some benches!:slapass::D

Hrm, you bring up a very good point... going to give you a buzz tomorrow :up:

AndreYang
07-25-2009, 08:30 PM
I NEVER saw any team can finish 01 03 05 06 Vantage PCMark05 NO1 at the same time.

http://www.iamxtreme.net/andre/PURE-WR13.JPG

metro.cl
07-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Just got a borrowed 965 + Gigabyte X58 to bench, i only have the stock cooler but will try to mod my WC to fit, i'll have some time to learn and tweak i7 before some subzero temps :)

[XC] gomeler
07-26-2009, 12:11 AM
We are clearly slacking in our 2nd place finishes. I'll pick up the slack there, aim for second :D

k|ngp|n
07-26-2009, 07:28 AM
I NEVER saw any team can finish 01 03 05 06 Vantage PCMark05 NO1 at the same time.

13 top globals and every single FM bench single and dual card. Wow :up:

Just got a borrowed 965 + Gigabyte X58 to bench, i only have the stock cooler but will try to mod my WC to fit, i'll have some time to learn and tweak i7 before some subzero temps :)

Thats the spirit Metro! Good luck with your benching buddy, if you have any questions or need some crash courses in i7, don't hesitate to pop some questions in here for help.

It's all of you guys with lower point totals working hard to improve your profiles that are going to take us over the top as a team :up:. Getting points from my profile is like getting blood from stone :)

k|ngp|n
07-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Amen, I need to bust my LN2 cherry. :ROTF:

Good work with the dry ice though Mike.
Every bit helps brother. Work your way up at your own pace. Keep it up :up:

Nazar
07-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Tried today Evga E760 with retail 950 CPU. What BIOS version you guys are using? Cant make system run 3D 5300 more :(

chuchnit
07-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Good work with the dry ice though Mike.
Every bit helps brother. Work your way up at your own pace. Keep it up :up:

nonono don't tell him that. I've been prodding him for some time now to get a darn dewar. I figured you guys would for sure push him over the edge :yepp:

[subliminal msg] gunny, buy a dewar [/subliminal msg]

AndreYang
07-26-2009, 10:12 AM
Tried today Evga E760 with retail 950 CPU. What BIOS version you guys are using? Cant make system run 3D 5300 more :(

I think it depends on your CPU.

Brian y.
07-26-2009, 02:11 PM
boy really do need to get the "secret hideout" up and running...I can't help it but I keep getting this weird feeling people other than our teammates are reading this....:p::rolleyes::rofl:

[XC] gomeler
07-26-2009, 02:14 PM
boy really do need to get the "secret hideout" up and running...I can't help it but I keep getting this weird feeling people other than our teammates are reading this....:p::rolleyes::rofl:

Agreed. Jody, wtfmate?

Brian y.
07-26-2009, 03:13 PM
gomeler;3928946']Agreed. Jody, wtfmate?
I think he is actually visiting family atm, but as soon as he gets a chance he will be putting the finishing touches on it.

[XC] gomeler
07-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Unacceptable. We are team Awesome, err PURE :D

3oh6
07-26-2009, 09:39 PM
gomeler;3929191']Unacceptable. We are team Awesome, err PURE :D
i am just waiting to hear from the web tech as i am ready. i replied to your e-mail Vince, let me know if you didn't get it. going from web mail while on the road so who knows if it is working. LMK

Slovnaft
07-27-2009, 05:24 AM
is there a chatbox? :D

TheKarmakazi
07-27-2009, 06:38 AM
Jody if you need any photochop or web designing help, Ive got quite a few sites and forums under my belt. I can help out with whatever you need :) Got some cool vb addons too :up:

No results from my leaky 8400, since I have now killed BOTH my rampage extremes :( Sucky Asus RMA here I come!

Gonna try the 920 on MSI eclipse plus soon...

chispy
07-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Jody if you need any photochop or web designing help, Ive got quite a few sites and forums under my belt. I can help out with whatever you need :) Got some cool vb addons too :up:

No results from my leaky 8400, since I have now killed BOTH my rampage extremes :( Sucky Asus RMA here I come!

Gonna try the 920 on MSI eclipse plus soon...

Ahh , im in the same boat :( im awaiting an RMA for my rampage eXtreme X48 too , should be here this week :up: , good luck with the 920 bro :up:.

@Julian , bro WTF its that in your Avatar :rofl: , a Unicorn :shakes: Now my friend have become a fan of the movie the last Unicorn :ROTF:.

j/k :D

@Jody , Jody you are in charge of making happen the new place '' Hide Out ''
you skills are very handy :up: , good luck and make it nice :).

@ Bryan Y - Bro I like your Avatar ,it looks awsome :up:

Angelo.

[XC] gomeler
07-27-2009, 08:51 AM
@slovnaft excellent avatar, I approve :D

My k-type temp reader died last night, went to bench on the cascade and I couldn't combat coldboot bug effectively with the bypass when I had no clue what the evap temps were :doh: Sourcing a replacement and having some HWBot fun :D

Brian y.
07-27-2009, 09:51 AM
what are load temps on your cascade?? (From memory of course:p)

chispy
07-27-2009, 10:38 AM
gomeler;3930466']@slovnaft excellent avatar, I approve :D

My k-type temp reader died last night, went to bench on the cascade and I couldn't combat coldboot bug effectively with the bypass when I had no clue what the evap temps were :doh: Sourcing a replacement and having some HWBot fun :D

:eek: , Chris you too are a fan of the Last Unicorn :confused: , lol thats my little daughter favorite movie :rofl: m i hope you find a replacement for your K-type temp reader soon bro , have fun :up:

Angelo.

[XC] gomeler
07-27-2009, 10:57 AM
:eek: , Chris you too are a fan of the Last Unicorn :confused: , lol thats my little daughter favorite movie :rofl: m i hope you find a replacement for your K-type temp reader soon bro , have fun :up:

Angelo.

Last unicorn? Quote from a few days ago.

gomeler']Should we have a rainbow flag or a flag with a prancing unicorn? We are PURE evil and we'll rule these easy HWBot seas with an iron fist :cool:

More seriously PURE needs an international flag and that damned question-mark flag is stupid lame. Now a pirate flag.. that strikes fear into the hearts of those above us.

what are load temps on your cascade?? (From memory of course:p)

The little one I'm tuning idles at -94C and was loading with SPi 32M around -89C. Problem was the CBB on this chip is around -80C so I have to use the bypass to warm up the evap 25% of the time when the board gets stuck on FF due to CBB. The bigger cascade should idle around -10xC and load around -98C to -95C but that one along with the little one are going to new homes in a week's time.

They will be replaced with something bigger :cool:

Gunslinger
07-27-2009, 11:16 AM
The small one is for Loonym? :) And the other...:woot:

Brian y.
07-27-2009, 01:10 PM
gomeler;3930730']Last unicorn? Quote from a few days ago.

The little one I'm tuning idles at -94C and was loading with SPi 32M around -89C. Problem was the CBB on this chip is around -80C so I have to use the bypass to warm up the evap 25% of the time when the board gets stuck on FF due to CBB. The bigger cascade should idle around -10xC and load around -98C to -95C but that one along with the little one are going to new homes in a week's time.

They will be replaced with something bigger :cool:good deal man as I was hoping you would say idle 135~140 and load 120~130:D
that would be something definitely fun to play with:up:

Hopefully you be able to find some serious time to put to the side to get your "bigger" one up and running:)

[XC] gomeler
07-27-2009, 01:30 PM
good deal man as I was hoping you would say idle 135~140 and load 120~130:D
that would be something definitely fun to play with:up:

Hopefully you be able to find some serious time to put to the side to get your "bigger" one up and running:)

That is what my new project will be. I want -130C or so loaded :)

The small one is for Loonym? :) And the other...:woot:

Trying to find a wire-shroud enclosed fan for your condenser. Proving to be harder than I imagined :(

[XC] gomeler
07-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Mailman just dropped off two packages, two GTX295 dual-PCBs :D Driving out to grab a spare thermometer, tonight should be fun :up:

Brian y.
07-27-2009, 03:17 PM
gomeler;3930917']Mailman just dropped off two packages, two GTX295 dual-PCBs :D Driving out to grab a spare thermometer, tonight should be fun :up:

I got the therm man!!!!!!save your money:D

k|ngp|n
07-27-2009, 03:18 PM
gomeler;3930917']Mailman just dropped off two packages, two GTX295 dual-PCBs :D Driving out to grab a spare thermometer, tonight should be fun :up:

Good news Gpu unit went out today ;)
Bad news another Italian bites the dust... Giorgio is leaving us :(

Gotta make up for it now and bust ass :up:

[XC] gomeler
07-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Dude I suck so bad. Rather than play with these new toys I went out chasing women tonight. Guess I am once again postponed. Tomorrow I'll be studying for my last final of the semester and then Thursday-Saturday benching for MOA09. PURE Unicorns, your time will come.

I got the therm man!!!!!!save your money:D

Sweet, I'm lazy and didn't give you a ring, it is on my list of things to do tomorrow before 5pm :up:

Good news Gpu unit went out today ;)

Gotta make up for it now and bust ass :up:

Shame to hear the Italians are leaving us. Guess that means the rest of you guys need to make up for it while I sit here and pretend I can benchmark.

Nazar
07-28-2009, 07:40 AM
Creating a team with "pirates" you should be ready for bad news :D

TheKarmakazi
07-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Too bad about memory extreme team leaving :(

Im sure we will still make it to the top though :)

TheKarmakazi
07-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Whoops double post.... anywho, I'm bored here at work and I whipped up a signature for the team to use on hwbot. Should be available to any team member :up:

Slovnaft and gomeler, your sig is coming soon :p:

Kal-EL
07-28-2009, 08:06 AM
Whoops double post.... anywho, I'm bored here at work and I whipped up a signature for the team to use on hwbot. Should be available to any team member :up:

Well, where the heck is it? Under NDA still? :ROTF:

chispy
07-28-2009, 08:11 AM

Thanks Jamie :up: , Jamie you got PM :yepp:.

Angelo.

Gunslinger
07-28-2009, 12:29 PM
You got one for me also? :D

k|ngp|n
07-28-2009, 01:54 PM
ooo me too :D
I want a fancy hwbot sig but I dont have any time to make it :(

DPA is killing it in 05 and nice AM3's brian and Deanzo :up: keep it up guys! Team AU is on fire, watch your backs!!

Brian y.
07-28-2009, 02:00 PM

DPA is killing it in 05 and nice AM3's brian and Deanzo :up: keep it up guys! Team AU is on fire, watch your backs!!
are you kidding me?!?!that has got to be the worst AM3 on the bot for the clocks:ROTF::shakes:

You can be tough on me, your the boss remember?;)

I only had about 5L of Ln2 but it is still no excuse. Got to figure out how the heck these guys are putting up these scores....and at the rate Pro is benching I will never get a chance to get back to 3D benching.......

k|ngp|n
07-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Well I guess that depends if your a glass half full or empty kind of thinker.
When I see submissions for our team, I light up regardless. As long as your result keeps going higher and I can live with it, keep it up man, your proving your work ethic :D
Every other day I see DP banging on his kit making small improvements, its cool :up:

We have some MAJOR strategy to go over once the hideout is open.

Brian y.
07-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Well I guess that depends if your a glass half full or empty kind of thinker.
When I see submissions for our team, I light up regardless. As long as your result keeps going higher and I can live with it, keep it up man, your proving your work ethic :D
Every other day I see DP banging on his kit making small improvements, its cool :up:

We have some MAJOR strategy to go over once the hideout is open.The glass will always be half empty as long as I'm thirsty......I see your point though and I can tell you one thing though, that I will keep benching my ass off for the team:up:

Slovnaft
07-28-2009, 04:25 PM
I can't believe i haven't gotten any results for you guys yet.
I've been benching with nothing to show, it's as painful as 'getting to know you' from the sound of music on repeat.
But this weekend I [hopefully] get my ass in gear with some LN and my mistress.

The pace you brothers are setting is just pure inspiration.

PS, anyone find it funny that my very first line of credit is with Airgas?

TheKarmakazi
07-28-2009, 04:37 PM
I can't believe i haven't gotten any results for you guys yet.
I've been benching with nothing to show, it's as painful as 'getting to know you' from the sound of music on repeat.
But this weekend I [hopefully] get my ass in gear with some LN and my mistress.

The pace you brothers are setting is just pure inspiration.

PS, anyone find it funny that my very first line of credit is with Airgas?

Hahaha thats awesome Julian. I agree also the pace being set by this team is stupefying. Gonna take the first crack at my 920 tonight, see how it goes :)

For any other USA team members who have an airgas in their area...

I have a corporate account there under "Uberclocker Semiconductor Test" (ask Slov for details about our "startup company"). Basically if you have good enough credit to get your own account, I can sweep you in under my corporate account.

The benefit of doing this? 50 cents per liter sound good? :D:up:

You got one for me also? :D

PM me some details of what you would like in it, and I'd be more than happy to accomodate you guys :up:

Slovnaft
07-28-2009, 04:49 PM
jamie that sig is PURE BAMF

now just add a unicorn for me

aditya
07-28-2009, 05:03 PM
thanks for the awesome siggy, jamie :D

chispy
07-28-2009, 05:59 PM

+1:D

TheKarmakazi
07-28-2009, 05:59 PM
jamie that sig is PURE BAMF

now just add a unicorn for me

What did you think I was gonna add to yours and gomelers? :ROTF:

+1:D

Your welcome!!

If I have some more time I will personalize everyone a sig with their name or graphic. Just let me know :D I also have a hefty collection of Piratey Fonts, even a "wingding"-ish font set with pirate graphics! For any of you feeling like taking a stab at photochop!

[XC] gomeler
07-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Hey guys, noob question with GTX295s. Using Vista 32, 2 295s, and testing various drivers. Problem is Rivatuner is currently saying "No supported drivers for this display adapter" with the 190s or 186s.

Do I need to use older drivers or is there something up with the GTX 295 that I don't know about?

TheKarmakazi
07-28-2009, 10:21 PM
gomeler;3933189']Hey guys, noob question with GTX295s. Using Vista 32, 2 295s, and testing various drivers. Problem is Rivatuner is currently saying "No supported drivers for this display adapter" with the 190s or 186s.

Do I need to use older drivers or is there something up with the GTX 295 that I don't know about?
Googled some stuff and found this, dunno if it will help :shrug:

Under the Power User tab:

RivaTuner \ System

Set the "ForceDriverVersion" option to 18585

This will allow you to use Rivatuner as normal with the 185.85 drivers.

[XC] gomeler
07-28-2009, 10:23 PM
k, trying the 182s right now, will try that next.

[XC] gomeler
07-28-2009, 10:29 PM
182s work. This is what I get for not having touched Nvidia since the 8800GT..

The Nemesis
07-28-2009, 10:50 PM
You can force any drivers as The Karmakazi said. I'm running 186.18. Are you running dual or single PCB? The older drivers don't work as well with the single pcb. I haven't tried 190 yet but might give it a go. Also set memory lowgap to auto in bios so you will have at least 1.5GB of avail system memory. This improved my gpu's performance in vantage. I still seem to score better with 3 GTX 280's in 3DMark 06 than with 2 GTX 295's.

[XC] Oj101
07-29-2009, 01:38 AM
I also want a custom hwbot sig but whenever I try to change it from my current one nothing happens. I click the force refresh link and right click the old one, View Image, CTRL F5 as it says you must do on hwbot but it NEVER changes :(

TheKarmakazi
07-29-2009, 05:05 AM
I also want a custom hwbot sig but whenever I try to change it from my current one nothing happens. I click the force refresh link and right click the old one, View Image, CTRL F5 as it says you must do on hwbot but it NEVER changes :(

Looks like your sig is working to me?:shrug:

Brian y.
07-29-2009, 05:40 AM
Googled some stuff and found this, dunno if it will help :shrug:

Under the Power User tab:

RivaTuner \ System

Set the "ForceDriverVersion" option to 18585

This will allow you to use Rivatuner as normal with the 185.85 drivers.

:up:

[XC] Oj101
07-29-2009, 07:42 AM
I see that, weird thing is any other sig than this and the small black one don't work. I've had it on the white hwbot sig for about two months but the black one always showed.

loonym
07-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Good work breaking into the top 100 Nemesis! :up:

Slovnaft
07-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Alright guys,

I've got a 230L to be delivered Friday morning ($78 +delivery :shocked:). Unless we have any mates near MA with absurd hardware to bench, I'll be looking for cool ways to waste LN2.

Getting bored with these SPi32 WRs getting tossed around AU.
Time to CRACK DOWN.

k|ngp|n
07-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Time to CRACK DOWN.

:up:

3oh6
07-30-2009, 08:53 PM
so any word on the database there boss? haven't gotten an e-mail or anything and it has been a couple days.

k|ngp|n
07-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Still waiting on the mysql info, its out of my hands atm, should be any day, Is it ready?

3oh6
07-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Still waiting on the mysql info, its out of my hands atm, should be any day, Is it ready?
yeah, i can't really do much more until i have it up on your server so it will be ready a couple days after i get the info if i am not busy when it comes down the pipeline :up:

TheKarmakazi
07-31-2009, 05:47 AM
ok guys i gotta quit wasting time & LN2 on LCC crap and get back into the top100...

[XC] gomeler
07-31-2009, 08:48 AM
Alright guys,

I've got a 230L to be delivered Friday morning ($78 +delivery :shocked:). Unless we have any mates near MA with absurd hardware to bench, I'll be looking for cool ways to waste LN2.

Getting bored with these SPi32 WRs getting tossed around AU.
Time to CRACK DOWN.

... I am driving to New Hampshire to deliver a cascade Sunday and I can stop by Boston on Monday if you have any LN2 left and a place I can possibly sleep for the night?

Slovnaft
07-31-2009, 01:28 PM
gomeler;3936512']... I am driving to New Hampshire to deliver a cascade Sunday and I can stop by Boston on Monday if you have any LN2 left and a place I can possibly sleep for the night?

I have my digital circuit design class during the week so I won't be benching during the day at least.
And my girlfriend will be over so I definitely can't sleep more.
If you wanted to stop by on your way up though you might be able to squeeze a few hours of benching in ;)
I live in North Andover which is only about 20-45min from pretty much anywhere in NH.

The 230L monster is sitting in my garage. But JAMIE I still need that hose/phase sep!!!

Gautam
08-01-2009, 12:33 PM
gomeler;3936512']... I am driving to New Hampshire to deliver a cascade Sunday and I can stop by Boston on Monday if you have any LN2 left and a place I can possibly sleep for the night?

damn you guys are picking the worst weekends for me, too bad i'll be in europe, i do owe you one

[XC] gomeler
08-01-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm backed up a day due to MOA09 and blowing a board late last night. Don't think I'll be able to stop in Boston on the way down, being pushed back a day screws up my schedule for next week.

Slovnaft
08-01-2009, 03:13 PM
damn you guys are picking the worst weekends for me, too bad i'll be in europe, i do owe you one

gomeler;3938260']I'm backed up a day due to MOA09 and blowing a board late last night. Don't think I'll be able to stop in Boston on the way down, being pushed back a day screws up my schedule for next week.

It's all cool. This is so cheap I can afford to do it....whenever :up:

Just getting started, and everything about this sesh is ghetto.
Ghetto black pvc mount
Ghetto makeshift pvc tubing gas hose no phase sep.
Ghetto thermoses instead of a lab dewar.

The chip is finnickey as hell, firm CBB at -115, runaway current as low as 1.4v if i don't fight it.
The problem is my horrible pot, Gautam knows what I'm talking about.
I need an F1:(

But I'm working on it and I'm not too far away from an initial 5.3 SPi32. :D

Gunslinger
08-01-2009, 03:51 PM
It's all cool. This is so cheap I can afford to do it....whenever :up:

Just getting started, and everything about this sesh is ghetto.
Ghetto black pvc mount
Ghetto makeshift pvc tubing gas hose no phase sep.
Ghetto thermoses instead of a lab dewar.

The chip is finnickey as hell, firm CBB at -115, runaway current as low as 1.4v if i don't fight it.
The problem is my horrible pot, Gautam knows what I'm talking about.
I need an F1:(

But I'm working on it and I'm not too far away from an initial 5.3 SPi32. :D

Sounds like fun. I finally get a GPU pot to pair with my F1, but forgot to get sinks for the uncovered parts. :shakes:

Good luck.

[XC] gomeler
08-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Depending on the cards, it is possible to run with just the GPU pot. I've been running my dual-PCB GTX295 through Vantage with no sinks on the fets or io/GT200 chips. I have a 60mm fan blowing over the GT200 chip and a 80mm fan sandwiched between the fets and it works like a charm. I ran my HD4850 naked also, never had problems blowing fets on them.

Gunslinger
08-01-2009, 05:02 PM
gomeler;3938393']Depending on the cards, it is possible to run with just the GPU pot. I've been running my dual-PCB GTX295 through Vantage with no sinks on the fets or io/GT200 chips. I have a 60mm fan blowing over the GT200 chip and a 80mm fan sandwiched between the fets and it works like a charm. I ran my HD4850 naked also, never had problems blowing fets on them.

It's a dual pcb 295, but only using DICE, so I'll wait for the sinks. Should be here Wed.

You have them vmodded or are you using software voltage adjustment?

[XC] gomeler
08-01-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm using a dual-PCB on dry ice also :) Just using the software right now.

Brian y.
08-01-2009, 07:13 PM
gomeler;3938459']I'm using a dual-PCB on dry ice also :) Just using the software right now.

Are you using an EVGA card?

I have a BFG and Jody mentioned that I need to flash it to the EVGA BIOS as that might help with some of the issues I have been having under cold......

[XC] gomeler
08-01-2009, 08:54 PM
MSI GTX295, haven't had any issues yet. I'm not pushing hard clocks either though, I'm afraid of blowing up this board also :D

Brian y.
08-02-2009, 12:22 AM
gomeler;3938651']MSI GTX295, haven't had any issues yet. I'm not pushing hard clocks either though, I'm afraid of blowing up this board also :D

hahaha.......my board is somehow still kicking with all the times it's condensed. Even has a nice bulge coming from the underside of the board that is growing like a pimple.

Slovnaft
08-02-2009, 06:03 PM
well it was a frustrating weekend.

This is about all i got done:

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs128.snc1/5491_1114623626162_1244070152_30426910_2149319_n.j pg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs128.snc1/5491_1114623666163_1244070152_30426911_1702133_n.j pg

It's an accomplishment, but not quite the caliber i was hoping.
Results soon. I'll drain this tank yet...

Brian y.
08-03-2009, 06:39 AM
Keep it up man:)

Here is the bulge I was talking about it..........it's getting bigger

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab19/Brian30102/IMG_1115.jpg

@gunslinger

Thanks, I will take you up on that offer:up:

btw,

Happy B-Day to the "G" man:pimp:

Slovnaft
08-03-2009, 08:06 AM
@Brian
I see that a lot in boards where hot air reworking has been done improperly resulting in uneven heating. Also iirc that is right below the dimm's buck inductors, so i guess they might be just inordinately heating up, though I couldn't imagine that's the case.
It's certainly not a good thing.

Happy birthday Gautam! I'll splash some LN 'for the homies'.

TheKarmakazi
08-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Happy Bday Gautam :P

@Slov when will you mail out classified? I can mail out eclipse now since its useless for my 920

Slovnaft
08-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Happy Bday Gautam :P

@Slov when will you mail out classified? I can mail out eclipse now since its useless for my 920

I'm finishing up benching today, I'll probably send it our tomorrow.

chispy
08-03-2009, 12:42 PM

Whats wrong with your eclipse bro ? low bclk wall :( ?
Hows that board bro ?

Jamie you got PM bro ;).

Angelo.

Gautam
08-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks everyone :)

check out Deanzo's recent super-efficient AM3 runs :eek:

JasonDTM
08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Keep it up man:)

Here is the bulge I was talking about it..........it's getting bigger

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab19/Brian30102/IMG_1115.jpg

@gunslinger

Thanks, I will take you up on that offer:up:

btw,

Happy B-Day to the "G" man:pimp:

Holy :banana::banana::banana::banana:, is the board de-laminating in that photo?

Slovnaft
08-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Sorry guys,
cpu can't even bench 05 at 4.8 and now my 295 is condensed out of its mind. i'm tired and i have actual work to do. I'll katch up when i get a new chip.

dinos22
08-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks everyone :)

check out Deanzo's recent super-efficient AM3 runs :eek:

happy birthday mate

heh deanzo the old fella is doing pretty good there :D:up:

The Nemesis
08-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Starting LN2 runs with Xeon 3540 so far I've had it up to 5.5GHz while just seeing where the BCLK crashes. Odd thing is the system restarts now after I get past -88'C so I'm guessing I need more volt on vtt or something. What voltages do you guys typically have set for vcore & vtt for say a 5.2GHz run?

Gautam
08-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Try 1.55v to start and go easy on vtt (like +200) until you actually need it, and then inch it up slowly. Seems like most d0's run into issues past 1.5-1.55, so if you're beyond that, you might be overdoing it.

Deanzo
08-03-2009, 05:00 PM
heh deanzo the old fella is doing pretty good there :D:up:

The sad part of that is, my wee girl turns 12 on Thursday, and it made me feel old thinking about having a teenager in a years time :(

But thanks anyhow :D:D

dinos22
08-03-2009, 05:13 PM
The sad part of that is, my wee girl turns 12 on Thursday, and it made me feel old thinking about having a teenager in a years time :(

But thanks anyhow :D:D

i've still got a few more years up my sleave then :rofl::D

chispy
08-04-2009, 06:00 AM
Just a few Dinos , just a few :ROTF:.

Jamie i need yor help bro , you got PM.

Angelo.

k|ngp|n
08-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Team is currently locked at 24 members and I am not sure we are going to take on much more. Maybe if guys leave they can be replaced with new members. I really like our group and from an overclocking perspectivem, our team is deadly efficient from an overclocker/team total point ratio. Thats cool :)

k|ngp|n
08-04-2009, 08:14 AM
Try 1.55v to start and go easy on vtt (like +200) until you actually need it, and then inch it up slowly. Seems like most d0's run into issues past 1.5-1.55, so if you're beyond that, you might be overdoing it.

"Teamspeak" is kept to PM's ONLY until we get the hideout up, ok braniac?

k|ngp|n
08-04-2009, 09:08 AM
yeah, i can't really do much more until i have it up on your server so it will be ready a couple days after i get the info if i am not busy when it comes down the pipeline :up:

checka u pma !!

Gunslinger
08-04-2009, 10:09 AM
"Teamspeak" is kept to PM's ONLY until we get the hideout up, ok braniac?

:ROTF: Vince> :cord: <Gautum

Gautam
08-04-2009, 10:22 AM
lol

Nazar
08-04-2009, 10:38 AM
I have a couple days of vacation and decided to help PURE team with PURE HW points :D Hope 75 litters of LN will help me gather 200+ hw points with all of "old" GPU's I have. This is a small part of hardware I have :D

http://s07.radikal.ru/i180/0908/3d/9c6385da646ct.jpg (http://radikal.ru/F/s07.radikal.ru/i180/0908/3d/9c6385da646c.jpg.html)

http://s55.radikal.ru/i148/0908/bf/288e85e4c1eet.jpg (http://radikal.ru/F/s55.radikal.ru/i148/0908/bf/288e85e4c1ee.jpg.html)

http://s05.radikal.ru/i178/0908/a7/fe4b08e45b5dt.jpg (http://radikal.ru/F/s05.radikal.ru/i178/0908/a7/fe4b08e45b5d.jpg.html)

But cant find water blocks within all of this stuff :(

Slovnaft
08-04-2009, 02:24 PM
I have a couple days of vacation and decided to help PURE team with PURE HW points :D Hope 75 litters of LN will help me gather 200+ hw points with all of "old" GPU's I have. This is a small part of hardware I have :D

But cant find water blocks within all of this stuff :(

Good luck brother! Looks like you've got some great stuff brewing.:up:

Today it just occured to me that with the random EEPROM and random POST looping from 69/C1 my problem may have been a case of dead/dying/error-ing hypers.

IT WAS *SMACK*. Popped in my kit of DJ-E and i was able to bench 05 fine at 4.8, 1.4v. ONCE. Then I tuned 295 to my 1.24v sweet spot got ready to find some serious gpu clocks, went to refill my thermoses and find
I'm out of LN2. Drained 230L to find out that my hypers are dead. :clap:

chispy
08-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Go Nazar go bro go :D , Good Luck.

@ Julian , and i thought me and Jamie were official hardware killers lol , i imagine you running 1.85v on those elpidas ? or more ? :shakes:
Hopefully by this weekend i will have some free time , a full LN2 Dewar and i will engage PCMar05 with my Acards and SSDs for some hwbot damage + 3Ds
benchies , knock on wood that everything hopefully will survive this time :rofl: , i have been killing hardware on my last LN2 benching :shakes:. I just got finish talking to Jamie on the Phone and he really have killed lots of hardware lately :shrug: , bad luck with his Elpidas Hypers too. Lets pray to the overclocking Gods for mercy and let live our hardware longer :ROTF:.

Angelo.

Slovnaft
08-04-2009, 05:12 PM
2.05v actually...:D

massman
08-04-2009, 09:12 PM
KP should better watch his back, I heard there's a Greek coming very close :D

TheKarmakazi
08-05-2009, 05:15 AM
Go get 'em Nazar!! :D:up:

I just got finish talking to Jamie on the Phone and he really have killed lots of hardware lately :shrug: , bad luck with his Elpidas Hypers too. Lets pray to the overclocking Gods for mercy and let live our hardware longer :ROTF:.

RMA List::shakes:
1.)Two (2x) Asus rampage extreme
2.)3x2gb hypers (came in yesterday)
3.)4890
4.)E8200 capable of 655fsb booting
5.)E2160
6.)WD 160GB sata hdd (came in yesterday)
7.)2x1gb CSX Diablo 2000
8.)2x1gb Supertalent 1800
9.)arrived DOA 4870x2

[XC] Oj101
08-05-2009, 05:19 AM
How do you like my PURE avatar? :D I've got some scores which need uploading, 100+ points waiting ;)

k|ngp|n
08-05-2009, 06:30 AM
I love it! :D Thanx for your hard work too :up:

@Nazar good luck on the HW points buddy I'm watching ya.
We have som serious team strategy discussions comign up very soon guys.
Trench time :up:

Nazar
08-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Seems I have killed my Classified :mad: CPU dropped into the socket and crushed few pins :down:

chispy
08-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Seems I have killed my Classified :mad: CPU dropped into the socket and crushed few pins :down:

Nazzar ask Jody how to fix it , i watch him fixed his classified after he had dropped the cpu into his socket, he then got some very small tweezers and got all the pins straighten up :up: very good fixing mobos Jody :yepp:.
Good Luck bro.

Angelo.

Gunslinger
08-05-2009, 10:51 AM
A magnifying glass and tweezers will fix that thing, I've done the same as you.

Nazar
08-05-2009, 11:06 AM
A magnifying glass and tweezers will fix that thing, I've done the same as you.
There is no problem with magnifying glass and tweezers, blade, needle etc. :)
The problems is with shaking fingers and weak sight :D
Anyway I have already asked my friends to fix it :)

Fr3ak
08-05-2009, 01:18 PM
How can you drop a CPU onto the socket? O_o

TheKarmakazi
08-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Here is my trick. Get a mechanical pencil (the kind with refillable lead) and empty the lead from the tip. The tip is the perfect size to fit onto a socket pin and straighten it. Ive had success at least

Aerou
08-05-2009, 06:15 PM
ahh ... Intel LGA pins ... are sensitive. I rather call'em springs.
Anyway, I did a couple of surgeries and -
- a magnifying glass (a nice clear one) - it's handy, I used it to check on the results in detail although I was able to work on the pins without it
- the magic tools in my case were two needles with one having a bent (twisted, curved ... ) tip - IMO better and with steady fingers more precise than the pencil method

// can I post here although I ain't a ''pirate''??

[XC] Oj101
08-06-2009, 12:04 AM
I've fixed an MSI P45 Platinum before RMAing it using a Stanley blade :ROTF:

Fr3ak
08-06-2009, 04:59 AM
My secret weapons for bending pins are watchmaker screwdrivers and a steady hand :)

The Nemesis
08-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Just got a sweet deal on New Fluke 52-II. Deal was even better if I bought two. I don't need two so if anyone on the team needs one I will sell it for $175 shipped US. International members will need to cover the extra cost of shipping please. My Xeon W3540 doesn't seem to like me so I will try to throw up some numbers with an i7 950.

Planet
08-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Best things for fixing LGA sockets are Push Pins, Razor Blades and Exacto Knives. I fix probably 4-6 sockets a day with them. Dont even need a magnifying glass anymore.

Nazar
08-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks guys! My secret weapon is to bring the mobo to professionals :D Now it works fine.
BTW pushed today 4x4870 and took all the golden cups for 03-05-06-vantage. Something wrong with ORB, cant submit 03 and 06 :(
3x8800 ultras and 2x9600gt tommorow :D

[XC] gomeler
08-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Mine Classified died last week, wish it was just a bent pin. Won't respond to pwr/rst/clrcmos buttons :(

triple 8800Ultra would be a lot of fun, good luck!

Harshal
08-12-2009, 06:00 AM
After long time I come to this section and a very good surprise. Good going everyone!! :up:
Always, keep pushing :D

Kal-EL
08-12-2009, 11:13 AM
PURE marketing?????? :shrug:

Cooler Master Readying CM Cosmos Pure
Cooler Master is preparing yet another variation of the Cosmos full-ATX chassis, the CM Cosmos Pure. This design develops further on the aesthetics of the CM Cosmos Black Label limited edition, and makes use of matte black metal surfaces. The panels and front-door are made of slate/carbon-black coloured brushed metal, and a similar scheme continues inside. Regions of the case are located right where you'd expect them to be.

Measuring 266 x 598 x 628 mm, and weighing 16.9 kg, the CM Cosmos Pure packs enough room for E-ATX motherboards (and every ATX form-factor smaller than that), enough room is provided for even the longest of the graphics cards. Air-flow in the expansion card area is directed by a wind-flow tunnel. Fan provisions include a bottom 120 mm intake (instead of a front-intake), two 120 mm top exhausts, one rear 120 mm exhaust, and provision for an optional 120 mm fan to the HDD cage. Speaking of which, the 3.5" HDD cage can hold six drives. There are five exposed 5.25" bays, including a 3.5" to 5.25" converter bezel. Located on the top, the utility panel provides four USB ports, and one each of FireWire, eSATA, and audio I/O. Tentatively priced at 249 Euro, the CM Cosmos Pure is almost your Cosmos Black Label "unlimited edition".

http://www.techpowerup.com/img/09-08-12/76a.jpghttp://www.techpowerup.com/img/09-08-12/76b.jpghttp://www.techpowerup.com/img/09-08-12/76c.jpghttp://www.techpowerup.com/img/09-08-12/76d.jpg

Source: Case&Cooling.fr

Nazar
08-12-2009, 11:26 AM
and weighing 16.9 kg,
It should be PURE COPPER :D No! PURE GOLD :rofl:

k|ngp|n
08-29-2009, 06:45 AM
One of the happiest overclocking days of my life :D

Skull and bones is numero uno :up:
http://kingpincooling.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=29&stc=1&d=1251555220

sofos1990
08-29-2009, 06:51 AM
Well done guys:D