PDA

View Full Version : Luvin' it....

Naja002
07-16-2009, 05:34 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f347/Naja002/PC/TeamStatsforXtremeSystemsinGPUGrid.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f347/Naja002/Smilies/peace.gif http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f347/Naja002/PC/YouRockHand.jpg http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f347/Naja002/Smilies/peace.gif

shadowwind
07-16-2009, 06:22 PM
im glad your happy i will be feeling better when we can have killer frogs stew ive never eaten them kind of frogs before i wonder if it taste like chicken.:rofl:

all playing aside its a good team and they do rack up the numbers.:clap:

Movieman
07-16-2009, 06:28 PM
question for you guys;
tried adding the 9600 card on the AMD940 last night.
It goes back and forth: "waiting to run" then running..
and shows it's using a cpu..
I don't have this issue with the gainestown and the 260 card.. They play well together but the 9600 card doesn't..
gainestown is on winXP pro 64, amd is on XP Pro 32..
Any ideas? I had to suspend the work on the 9600 card but the 260 is doing well so far.

shadowwind
07-16-2009, 06:43 PM
ive got 50% going to wcg and 50% going to the gpugrid at most im using maybe 2% of my cpu and i dont see that happening very often. and the 50/50 is showing up in projects . post a picture of what your seeing MM.

MikeB12
07-16-2009, 06:45 PM
the way it works with fah MM, is cards of different sp's dont play nice together in the same machine on the clients.. take that with a grain of salt, since I haven't played with gpugrid that way. :shrug:

Movieman
07-16-2009, 06:47 PM
ive got 50% going to wcg and 50% going to the gpugrid at most im using maybe 2% of my cpu and i dont see that happening very often. and the 50/50 is showing up in projects . post a picture of what your seeing MM.

yea, it shows 50/50 but on the gainestown it's 'working" and is taking a tiny bit from the cpu but on the AMD it's doing nothing.. I mean it would take a week to finish a WU at the rate it's going..
I think I'll just stick with the 260 card for now.
Sort of a moot point, I promised this 260 card to a friend as a gift never thinking of it being of use..:shrug:

shadowwind
07-16-2009, 06:57 PM
temptation is hard to resist i got 2 260s in the wife computer i want to use them she password protected her computer i guess she knows me if she wasn't storing 2 weeks worth of soaps on her hard drive those cards would be gpu crunching she at the cape for another week. god forbid if i mess around with her soaps. lol

Movieman
07-16-2009, 07:01 PM
temptation is hard to resist i got 2 260s in the wife computer i want to use them she password protected her computer i guess she knows me if she wasn't storing 2 weeks worth of soaps on her hard drive those cards would be gpu crunching she at the cape for another week. god forbid if i mess around with her soaps. lol

The hell with the soaps, steal one of the cards..
What the hell does she use the machine for that needs 2-260GTX cards?
and if she does complain, a gentle kiss on the inside of the thigh with a devilish smile will end all bad thoughts on her part!:rofl: :hrhr:

And: is A BFG 8800GTS 640mb card worth using on GPUGRID?

shadowwind
07-16-2009, 07:14 PM
i got them in sli im afraid to power it down to steal one card out where i cant go in and turn the recorder on tv card.im not sure that works any more i all ready got the devil horns in her eyes that how she got the cards i got caught sneaking the cards into the house i was in a pinch at the time i told her it was a up grade for her computer lol she went and got her computer put it on the kitchen table and said put them in,i knew right there then i was in trouble,lol

Movieman
07-16-2009, 07:16 PM
i got them in sli im afraid to power it down to steal one card out where i cant go in and turn the recorder on tv card.im not sure that works any more i all ready got the devil horns in her eyes that how she got the cards i got caught sneaking the cards into the house i was in a pinch at the time i told her it was a up grade for her computer lol she went and got her computer put it on the kitchen table and said put them in,i knew right there then i was in trouble,lol

Yup, your screwed!:rofl:

OldChap
07-16-2009, 10:34 PM
question for you guys;
I don't have this issue with the gainestown and the 260 card.. They play well together but the 9600 card doesn't..
Any ideas? I had to suspend the work on the 9600 card but the 260 is doing well so far.

You did check the run while computer in use box..???

Movieman
07-16-2009, 11:10 PM
You did check the run while computer in use box..???

yup, for WCG..is there a separate one for GPUGRID?
I did the same install on both machines..one works fine the other doesn't:shrug:

PoppaGeek
07-16-2009, 11:22 PM
yup, for WCG..is there a separate one for GPUGRID?
I did the same install on both machines..one works fine the other doesn't:shrug:

There is a "Use GPU while PC in use", needs to be checked.

Movieman
07-16-2009, 11:49 PM
There is a "Use GPU while PC in use", needs to be checked.

Found it, and also found 67 WCG WU showing computational error after each ran between 7 and 25 seconds.. Turned the machine down to 3500 and will see if that works..
Thanks Poppa for the advice!:up:

PoppaGeek
07-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Found it, and also found 67 WCG WU showing computational error after each ran between 7 and 25 seconds.. Turned the machine down to 3500 and will see if that works..
Thanks Poppa for the advice!:up:

All the same project or different ones?

Naja002
07-17-2009, 03:59 AM
question for you guys;

It may be an XP thing, MM. AFAIK, they fixed that though. In the beginning....:shocked: One had to forfeit 1 core when running a GPU client in XP. That's when and why I upgrade to Vista 64. :up: But I'm almost 100% certain that that XP bug has been fixed--for both XP 32 and 64. What version of Boinc are you running? What Driver?

A 9600GSO is equivalent to the 8800GSs that I am running. A single card in a rig--well OCed--should be worth ~8K/day. :up: Maybe 9+K if you find it's max stable OC, and it's a good OCer.

im glad your happy i will be feeling better when we can have killer frogs stew ive never eaten them kind of frogs before i wonder if it taste like chicken.:rofl:

Oh, man.....You are in for a TREAT! 10 days to the All-You-Can-Eat-Killer-Frogs-Buffet. You're gunna like this......:yepp:

shadowwind
07-17-2009, 09:26 AM
ok im coming to your house Naja you can cook then up i will eat them up hmmm i hope they taste like chicken .i was hoping for some pie for some desert but Da goose wont share it. lol

Martijn
07-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Dave, you old FART! You aren't supposed to be using XP with this kind of thing :rofl:

DAK1640
07-17-2009, 11:52 AM
HONK, HONK, HONK...GPUGRID ran outta work for me...HONK...HONK...

Movieman
07-17-2009, 11:53 AM
It may be an XP thing, MM. AFAIK, they fixed that though. In the beginning....:shocked: One had to forfeit 1 core when running a GPU client in XP. That's when and why I upgrade to Vista 64. :up: But I'm almost 100% certain that that XP bug has been fixed--for both XP 32 and 64. What version of Boinc are you running? What Driver?

A 9600GSO is equivalent to the 8800GSs that I am running. A single card in a rig--well OCed--should be worth ~8K/day. :up: Maybe 9+K if you find it's max stable OC, and it's a good OCer.

Oh, man.....You are in for a TREAT! 10 days to the All-You-Can-Eat-Killer-Frogs-Buffet. You're gunna like this......:yepp:

boinc 6620

shadowwind
07-17-2009, 12:25 PM
you can still get W7 i think the beta down load for it ends 7/20 in fact i better get more keys while i still can.:) then run bionc 6.6.36 that one mike recommended its bin working great.

shadowwind
07-17-2009, 12:35 PM

im thinking every ones complaining about how fast the team is moving up so they went right to the source and said yup that's da goose we need tether his foot to the tree that will keep him from flying up the points. mike tell your dog its ok to come out of the hole he in its safe for now.:rofl: i had to do it:p:

Naja002
07-17-2009, 01:36 PM
boinc 6620

WARNING: don't use 6.6.1 - 6.6.20! (windows) (http://www.gpugrid.net/forum_thread.php?id=1045)

You may want to go ahead and upgrade. I've been using 6.6.36 on all 4 of these rigs w/o issue. I don't recall what the issue(s) were in the thread linked above, but 6.6.36 runs well...so it really doesn't matter. :up:

We were recently restricted to the Nvidia 180.xx and above drivers. I cannot seem to find the discussion--so, I cannot verify that that is still in effect. Sometimes things are implemented and then withdrawn for various reasons. But--to the best of my knowledge--we are still restricted to 180.xx and above. It's hard to recommend a driver. :yepp: 182.50 (I believe) is a good "If-all-else-fails" version. 185.26 has run well for me since March. 185.85 was accused of causing all kinds of problems, but ran well for many and has run well for me--since-- Gpugrid, Boinc, whoever fixed the issue on their end. 186.18 seems to being doing well for many.

Naja002
07-17-2009, 01:45 PM

Not sure what the issue is DAK. There is a 15 WU/day limit, but that's per gpu. None of your cards should be able to get beyond that, so there is some other issue.

Check the "Messages" tab inside Boinc and let us know what it's saying.

Is the issue on 1 rig? All rigs? :shrug:

DAK1640
07-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Hmmm...1 Quad with 2 GPU's says I reached my daily limit???

[XC] Hicks121
07-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Had that happen too. Did you just start Dak? It was when I had my 260 cranked up after I just joined. After a couple of days it started givng more wu's.

Movieman
07-17-2009, 02:35 PM
updatted to 6636 and same issue..
As soon as it starts I get a windows error message that ace_6 whatever has encountered an error and needs to close..and then watched two GPUGRID WU show computational error in the BOINC manager screen..
Time for me to go back to cpu computing as thats what I know..
This just plain doesn't like me!:rofl:

Naja002
07-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Hmmm...1 Quad with 2 GPU's says I reached my daily limit???

Ok, I would guess that this is the rig?

Gpugrid host 43368

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz [Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11]
(4 processors)

2] NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (512MB) driver: 18250

Microsoft Windows Vista
Home Premium x64 Edition, Service Pack 1, (06.00.6001.00)

If so, here's why (http://www.gpugrid.net/results.php?hostid=43368)--it's throwing errors for some reason. OC maybe a bit too high, maybe a bit hot for the OC, etc. :up:

Hicks121;3912118']Had that happen too. Did you just start Dak? It was when I had my 260 cranked up after I just joined. After a couple of days it started givng more wu's.

Good call. He's been going for 3 or 4 days now, but some of his rigs haven't been running Gpugrid even that long yet. It's some other issue, but still a good call. :up:

updatted to 6636 and same issue..
As soon as it starts I get a windows error message that ace_6 whatever has encountered an error and needs to close..and then watched two GPUGRID WU show computational error in the BOINC manager screen..
Time for me to go back to cpu computing as thats what I know..
This just plain doesn't like me!:rofl:

Is "Use Gpu while computer is in use" checked in preferences? Advanced>Preferences>Processor usage tab. If so, then you can try this:

Make a file in notepad
Name it: cc_config.xml

Copy and paste the below into it:
------------------------------

<cc_config>
<options>
<ncpus>4</ncpus>
<report_results_immediately>1</report_results_immediately>
<use_all_gpus>1</use_all_gpus>
</options>
</cc_config>

Save it to: C:\Programdata\Boinc\

"ncpus" = whatever works to get things running and may not be needed. I had to add it back when I started (9-08), then removed it, then added it back recently. Originally the number was the total cores + gpus. Now it the same except minus 1. Example: i7 running 8 threads and 2 gpus=9. Same for my other rigs....go figure.

"use_all_gpus" stays at 1 regardless of how many you have.....the number is irrelevent from what I understand. :up:

Not as much hassle as it seems....only takes a few minutes...:up:

Can you give a better description/name for the ace_6 error so I can google it and see what it is? I'm coming up blank right now, unless it has something to do with vmware....?

DAK1640
07-17-2009, 03:57 PM

Gpugrid host 43368

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz [Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11]
(4 processors)

Microsoft Windows Vista

If so, here's why (http://www.gpugrid.net/results.php?hostid=43368)--it's throwing errors for some reason. OC maybe a bit too high, maybe a bit hot for the OC, etc. :up:

Good call. He's been going for 3 or 4 days now, but some of his rigs haven't been running Gpugrid even that long yet. It's some other issue, but still a good call. :up:

Is "Use Gpu while computer is in use" checked in preferences? Advanced>Preferences>Processor usage tab. If so, then you can try this:

Make a file in notepad

<cc_config>
<options>
<ncpus>4</ncpus>
</options>
</cc_config>

"ncpus" = whatever works to get things running and may not be needed. I had to add it back when I started (9-08), then removed it, then added it back recently. Originally the number was the total cores + gpus. Now it the same except minus 1. Example: i7 running 8 threads and 2 gpus=9. Same for my other rigs....go figure.

"use_all_gpus" stays at 1 regardless of how many you have.....the number is irrelevent from what I understand. :up:

Can you give a better description/name for the ace_6 error so I can google it and see what it is? I'm coming up blank right now, unless it has something to do with vmware....?
Damn naja002...you are good !!! Thx for helping me...

Movieman
07-17-2009, 04:03 PM

Gpugrid host 43368

(4 processors)

Microsoft Windows Vista

Make a file in notepad

<cc_config>
<options>
<ncpus>4</ncpus>
</options>
</cc_config>

I'll try this now.. Thanks.:up:
question, on my machine I have 8 core with HT or 16 threads..
The third line where you have a 4, does this effect me?

DAK1640
07-17-2009, 04:21 PM
You were SPOT ON naja002...Now running both GPU's...Thx:up:

Naja002
07-17-2009, 04:21 PM
I'll try this now.. Thanks.:up:
question, on my machine I have 8 core with HT or 16 threads..
The third line where you have a 4, does this effect me?

Yes. Add up your total cores + gpus and then subtract 1 and replace the 4 with that number. Don't count HT "cores"...just "real" cores.

When you installed Boinc--during the install--you need to install as "unprotected". Do you know if you did that? It has to be changed during the install....default is "protected".

Also:

Movieman
07-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Yes. Add up your total cores + gpus and then subtract 1 and replace the 4 with that number. Don't count HT "cores"...just "real" cores.

When you installed Boinc--during the install--you need to install as "unprotected". Do you know if you did that? It has to be changed during the install....default is "protected".

Also:

you got PM..:D

Naja002
07-17-2009, 04:22 PM
You were SPOT ON naja002...Now running both GPU's...Thx:up:

No sweat, DAK, glad to help. :up:

DAK1640
07-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Mike's dachshund isn't gonna like that you helped Da Goose though... He's building da bunker now...:rofl:

shadowwind
07-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Mike's dachshund isn't gonna like that you helped Da Goose though... He's building da bunker now...:rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: at least he got to come out of the bunker for some air mike its code red time to dig in again,:rofl:

Naja002
07-17-2009, 05:06 PM

Mike is quickly becoming the resident expert.....and that just gives me more time in the cooling shed. :up:

DAK1640
07-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Mike is a deep thinker...Can't even begin to count the number of times he has straightened me out. naja002, you too are very detail oriented. Bless peepople like you guys. Goose is causing me to loose conciousness...:rofl: