PDA

View Full Version : Touch Pro WM 6.5 Rom

Russian
07-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Hey guys, i just wanted to share with you my experience with the WM 6.5 Roms since they've been out for a while and have had time to work out most of the bugs. :D

I have found the mother of all TouchPro Custom ROMs. I know 6.5 has been out for a while but it seems like most of the bugs have been fixed and now most of the ROMs are G2G!

Its fast, clean, and full of awesomeness. Ive used this guy's roms before and so i decided to come back for more. But this time, i decided that i was going to use a Kitchen instead of a prebuilt rom. Kitchen allows you to pick and chose exactly what you want installed on the OS.

Here are the links to the ROM im using Im using the WM 6.5 Version not the 6.1

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71588

Follow the readme in the .rar file for the Kitchen to show you how to use the Kitchen. its reallly easy. If you've never flashed your phone before i highly suggest you go over here...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266
and understand how the process works (easy).

Personally, i prefer the activesync method.

Screenshots!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/JEWISHMAFIA/sshot001.png

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/JEWISHMAFIA/sshot002.png

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/JEWISHMAFIA/sshot000.png

diredesire
07-15-2009, 08:36 AM
This looks pretty sweet. Are you really using IE? No Opera?

Tried Fennec yet? (mobile FF)

benko
07-15-2009, 08:44 AM
flashed my first wm 6.5 rom 2 weeks ago, i will never go back to 6.1 :)

diredesire
07-15-2009, 10:19 AM
I actually had flashed a winmo 6.5 (older beta) on my Kaiser, and I thought it had potential, but I ended up migrating from it to a "2g" iphone. I'm getting a fuze (broken LCD) sometime soon, so I'll be toying around with winmo again in the near future :)

gr8golf
07-15-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm still running the Mighty Mike ROM - up to MR6 now.

Warboy
07-15-2009, 09:12 PM
I like mighty rom, but I'm using a palm pre now days. Linux FTW.

Radamanthys
07-17-2009, 06:27 AM
Works with HTC touch Viva ? Anyone knows?

Best Regards !

enzoR
07-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Have you given Energy ROM series 3 a go? (XDA-developers) Im happy with it.

Russian
07-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Works with HTC touch Viva ? Anyone knows?

Best Regards !

I dont think so, but id recommend heading over to XDA Developers or PPCGeeks and seeing what Roms have been cooked up for your phone. Im sure there are a few ;)

Have you given Energy ROM series 3 a go? (XDA-developers) Im happy with it.
Unfortunately, i have not. My choice of roms is limited due to the fact that ive got a Verizon Phone which means i have to lower my pagepool, which in many cases results in sluggish performance on certain roms.

benko
07-18-2009, 01:59 AM
@russian-how did you get working titanium weather, do you have a link for this theme?

Russian
07-18-2009, 08:46 AM
@russian-how did you get working titanium weather, do you have a link for this theme?

The one i had before was 2.3.2
You can get it either off PPCGeeks or Sskusers.net

Im already moved onto 2.4 since i try to make sure im using the latest and greatest. But i have to warn you, 2.4 does not have titanium weather or radar. It was removed in 2.4, but the version that i posted was 2.3.2 and that had Titanium weather and Radar.

gr8golf
08-13-2009, 12:55 PM
I just put the Energy ROM on my Touch Pro. It looks pretty good - I've been using Mighty Mike's ROM and having a LOT of issues keeping the data connection from getting jacked up.

What is everyone else running lately?

Russian
08-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Im running SSKs 2.5 Beta... my biggest problem is the lack of memory on my phone and a lot of the pro roms don't compensate for that and may cause slowdowns.

diredesire
08-13-2009, 09:51 PM
do you guys have any memory leakage issues? Your ram utilization continues to climb, even though you aren't running any more apps?

I've found this to be a problem in a lot of the ROMs i ran on my kaiser. I'm trying to get a broken Fuze from my friend, but it's taking forever :(

quattro_
08-14-2009, 02:21 PM
i wish there were 6.5 Roms for TP2, still waiting for HARDSPL :mad: :mad: :mad: i was soo board i got an HTC Hero .

Russian
08-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Well, the TP2 is really new. We can expect to see some TP2 Roms in the near future.

Russian
08-14-2009, 02:31 PM
do you guys have any memory leakage issues? Your ram utilization continues to climb, even though you aren't running any more apps?

I've found this to be a problem in a lot of the ROMs i ran on my kaiser. I'm trying to get a broken Fuze from my friend, but it's taking forever :(

The memory leaks are bugs in certain ROMs. I noticed that its much worse in 6.1 than in 6.5. I don't get memory leaks in 6.5. And if it does happen on occasion i can use ram clear and get some back. :D

gr8golf
08-14-2009, 03:35 PM
i wish there were 6.5 Roms for TP2, still waiting for HARDSPL :mad: :mad: :mad: i was soo board i got an HTC Hero .

Which carrier has the TP2 available?

Russian
08-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Which carrier has the TP2 available?

Tmobile officially. ATT is coming soonthereafter and the we can expect sprint and then verizon to bring up the rear.

zanzabar
08-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Tmobile officially. ATT is coming soonthereafter and the we can expect sprint and then verizon to bring up the rear.

sprint and verizon have a tenative date of aug 22, att has no date and tmo is out now. but sprint and verizon have an 1/8th audio jack and att might be late and have the only gsm and 1/8th in audio. im just pissed that its so late for att since its the same as the global one and they are having a new one out this winter so when i get my tp2 ill be a generation back instantly

Russian
08-14-2009, 11:35 PM
sprint and verizon have a tenative date of aug 22, att has no date and tmo is out now. but sprint and verizon have an 1/8th audio jack and att might be late and have the only gsm and 1/8th in audio. im just pissed that its so late for att since its the same as the global one and they are having a new one out this winter so when i get my tp2 ill be a generation back instantly

I heard early to mid sept for ATT.