PDA

View Full Version : Mac OSX reinstall disk....

TheCarLessDriven
07-09-2009, 09:06 PM
the restore disk that came with my MacBook Pro, when I use it, and restore OSX, it erases everything and brings it back to OEM correct??

Also, will I be able to install all the updates that I have installed since I got my macbook pro, at one time from the Apple update utility?

TheCarLessDriven
07-09-2009, 09:15 PM
I need to know tonight, I am restoring my Macbook Pro because I just sold it on eBay, and I really want to ship it out in the morning. So a hastily reply would be much appreciated!!

HuffPCair
07-09-2009, 09:26 PM
I would guess so have you tried googling it or something?? THere are not many Mac guys here so I would definitely not just sit here waiting I would search around. Specially being this time of night.

TheCarLessDriven
07-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the response. Yeah Im gonna search around.

I'm in California so its not as late over here. I got all night though, lol.

HuffPCair
07-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the response. Yeah Im gonna search around.

I'm in California so its not as late over here. I got all night though, lol.

o true im in midwest and it seems most are either east or west coasters on here so many are asleep i would think now or gaming LOL

I would def look around and I will do a quick search for you too.

TheCarLessDriven
07-09-2009, 09:34 PM
This helped a lot!

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.5/en/8177.html

As well answered my question from the other thread I made here.

HuffPCair
07-09-2009, 09:35 PM
ok found this and it seems that you can choose what you restore so it does seem that you will have a clean install if you choose everything.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2281

Also I just thought if you sold it why not just try to begin with and if it doesnt delete everything try something else?

EDIT awesome glad you foudn that

TheCarLessDriven
07-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Wanted to make sure it was a full restore disk and did not leave any files behind. But now I see you have an option to leave user files, etc in tact as well.

WrigleyVillain
07-10-2009, 08:51 AM
You want to choose "Erase and Install".