PDA

View Full Version : HTT multi for DFI LanPaty NF3 250Gb

Josifek
06-30-2009, 03:20 AM
Hi all,

I am having quite a struggle to get this board over 360FSB The 2,5 works fine untill 355 but if i set the HTT multi to 2 the board tries to post once and fails on the second post screen saying "Detecting array" Then i have to take out the battery for half hour and after that the board works... I tried different BIOSes but none of them solves this issue. Anyone had a problem like this ?

EnJoY
06-30-2009, 09:20 AM
360MHz HHT is massive. I'm surprised you even managed to get it that far. You're simply reaching the limit of the board by this point. But that is very impressive. What's your memory at, and with what divider?

Josifek
06-30-2009, 03:25 PM
I dont have a memory problem since i have a Vitesta 566 that does 600Mhz CL 2,5 easily... I am using 1:1 divider but i tried others with no succes... But i am not surprised that i am reaching the mobo limit but that the 2x HTT divider doesnt work on a FSB that 2,5 is fully stable :shrug:

i found nemo
07-10-2009, 02:07 PM
have you selected dram drive strength on level 1 or 2? what are chips on ur rams? tccd bh-5? is it 1 stick of ram or 2? if ur using 2 u might wanna have a kind of high max async latency or maybe ur read preamble is a bit tight? also try upping agp and chipset up a notch.

Josifek
08-28-2009, 04:53 AM
Okay here i am again :D

I had to deassamble my AMD rig cause i have only one PSU

So here goes:

I have one stick of Vitesta 566 Samsung TCCD 440 chips

Max async lat. is 9, read preamble time is 7, AGP voltage bumped to 1,6, higher chipset voltage means instability... Still unstable in games(like grid) for 330HTT and over 335 for SPI 32M and marks...

SocketMan
09-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Is there LDT (HT) voltage you can increase?
Can you try 1 instead of 2/2.5 for the HT multy?
Try something higher then 360 (reduce the CPU multy),could be a ""wall""
of 20-30mhz,probably won't boot but who knows.

AlleyViper
09-11-2009, 01:58 PM
@Socketman: these boards haven't ldt voltage regulation unfortunately

Hi, usually this board responds well to keeping insert pressed right as you press reset. Stop pressing insert when image on monitor returns, and you'll enter bios after with default settings, load defaults save&exit, return to set at your will. In years of using these boards, it's been very rare to have to resort to a serious cmos clear.

Playing with TREF will also help at high mhz, but still, 300mhz 1:1 on 754 it's very good. As suggested, play with drive strenghts 1 and 3 are weak and 2 4 are normal but nf4 rules don't apply as bhx will most times perform better on 1 as an example unlike normal/strong values on nf4; set TREF to a less agressive value, like the 3.9ns or 1.95ns value that matches your memory divisor (there are tables on these forums), some sticks will clock way better than on the usual 3120 for 15.6 ns @200. Over 9/7ns for preamble assynch, there aren't many returns so better keep it there, other nf4 rules apply, like disabling idle cycle counter, and see if you gain some mhz with a looser trf/trfc.
Unfortunately I've only used bh6 and new bh5 on this board which dont require most of this stuff because they cap way earlier, but still, they helped a lot with crappy samsung TCCC.

i found nemo
11-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Okay here i am again :D

I had to deassamble my AMD rig cause i have only one PSU

So here goes:

I have one stick of Vitesta 566 Samsung TCCD 440 chips

Max async lat. is 9, read preamble time is 7, AGP voltage bumped to 1,6, higher chipset voltage means instability... Still unstable in games(like grid) for 330HTT and over 335 for SPI 32M and marks...

put your max async at a max of 11 and read preamble from 4.0-5.5

what is ur oc, timings, and ram frequency. screen shot plz