PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates deserves a hug...

JBELL
11-18-2003, 07:28 AM
This is the best move he has ever made. (http://money.cnn.com/2003/11/17/technology/techinvestor/hellweg/index.htm)

Lithan
11-18-2003, 11:24 AM
Nice. I never trust popup blockers though. Like firewalls they play hell with popups you want too. Easier for me just to close the popups I get. Right now the only places I find heavy popups are warez and :banana::banana::banana::banana: sites. I can buy :banana::banana::banana::banana:, so I dont have to deal with the search all the teens must put up with. And warez? I download a nocd hack once in a blue moon and I'm quick enough to kill the popup chains before they start. If you surf for :banana::banana::banana::banana: or warez alot and don't like downloading shareware blockers however... this is good for you I suppose. And probably soon it will be needed for even myself.

The irony? I get 90% of my popups from MSN. They kick up 2 or 3 everytime I use their chat program. And I think even msn.com has a popup now.

Death ++
11-18-2003, 02:45 PM
i got a pop up when i closed the window from that artical. i have a button on my keyboard that will alt-F4 for me so it doesnt bother me much.

Lithan, u might wanna review the forum rules then edit ur post.
and welcome to the sickness :welcome:

Attitudx
11-18-2003, 02:58 PM
netscape and mozilla have built in popup stoppers that is what i usually use

edit ** on a side note yeah you might want to check the forum rules not harping on ya but iknow you cannot post adult related links I am not for sure about mentioning the word :banana::banana::banana::banana: is actually a rule but you might want to check**

Johnny Knoxvill
11-20-2003, 12:09 PM
the version of internet explorer in Longhorn beta already has a popup blocker.

Tedinde
11-21-2003, 09:28 PM
I havnt updated to a new longhorn in 3 months, Still got the bad memory leak??

It would get up to 700mb before i knew it. Had to keep hitting the kill exploer patch.

amd3001
11-23-2003, 11:11 AM
its about time they added a popup blocker..

IFMU
11-23-2003, 11:13 AM
Opera (http://portal.opera.com/)

What else can I say?

Lithan
11-24-2003, 10:28 AM
I have a buddy who swears by opera. Says it's much faster than IE. Of course he only uses opera when hes explaining how great it is. Then he's right back on IE. What is so great about it?

Johnny Knoxvill
11-25-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Lithan
Of course he only uses opera when hes explaining how great it is. Then he's right back on IE. What is so great about it?

IMO, nothing. I use Mozilla Firebird

st0nedpenguin
11-25-2003, 09:09 AM
LMAO @ the CNN popup on closing the window... :rotf:

funnyperson1
12-11-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Knoxvill
IMO, nothing. I use Mozilla Firebird

Indeed, Mozilla Firebird kills Opera. I mean Opera is nice, but firebird is just as good or better without the ads. Also new features are always being added. Open source rocks.

3rd-Dimension
12-21-2003, 03:17 PM
yep firebird all the way. I like the sparse use of resources especially on my little old laptop.