PDA

View Full Version : Bad air flow in case.. help!

FlyingHamster
11-18-2003, 12:31 AM
I just recently bought one of these "system blowers" from my local Fry'sthat kind of looks like this: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?description=35-888-602

It takes the spot of a pci slot, so I have it set right under my 9800Pro. The thing is, all the air that it is blowing out down there in the bottom of my case is cold air. I can feel this when I put my hand back there. The two case fans in the top in the back of my case are blowing out hotter air, but this system blower blows harder than both of my case fans put together! My system temp is about 32C at full load with the side case panel on, and ~23C with it off.

My question is: Can u help me think of a way that I can move that system blower up to the top of my case so taht it blows out the hot air and not the cold air at the bottom where its supposed to be??

Thanks in advance..

Jrocket
12-01-2003, 06:09 PM
You could drill two holes in the top of the case. Then you could drill to holes in the metal and screw it in vertically. I think that would probably work. Then it could suck the heat off the cpu heatsink too.

sandman
12-01-2003, 07:10 PM
Well, the main problem is that you don't have enough airflow.

What case do you have? And do you mind cutting it up for more airflow?

FlyingHamster
12-01-2003, 08:38 PM
I have an Antec SX-1030 case.

I dont mind cutting it up at all, its just that Im afraid too, lol. I dont have a dremmel or anything, and havent modded my case b4.. =(

levitate
12-01-2003, 08:57 PM
well i have one of those slot fans, and to make things easier incase you didnt know the metal grate that attaches the fan to the PCI slot iteself is removable.. and reattachable, you just gotta work at a little bit with a screw driver. Don't pull at the part that would attach closest to the motherboard though, thats really easily bendable.

levitate
12-01-2003, 08:58 PM
tell ya the truth, I have 2 of those fans though one is much older and doesnt work that well (got it for free) and I just have it moving air around in my case by basically hot gluing it to the ceiling and because I was lazy and didnt wanna really get "busy" with it I secured it with some duct tape to the psu :p lazy me :)