PDA

View Full Version : Someone is bringing on the ownage

DarthBeavis
06-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Glad he is a friend otherwise I would be curled up in a corner crying and sucking my thumb. This is serious talent.

http://www.pdxlan.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6941

Folks beg him to make a work log here. This is the same guy who did the famous Battle Star Galatica mod.

Utnorris
06-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Pretty sweet job so far. Would like to see the final product.

Blizzy
06-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Thats an epic build!

Yeknom
06-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Bod's mods are just all awesome like that... BSG=epic win

denice25
06-22-2009, 06:01 PM
that's cool.....

Eddie3dfx
06-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks for posting this Darth.
That is crazy cool. He is veryyyy talented.

Darth_Penguin
06-22-2009, 06:26 PM
The real question is can this build make it on to mdpc?

faster3200
06-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Did I see he is attending PAX? :up:

I have been watching the forum for a while. I have always wanted to go to PDXLan, but it conflicts with school :(.

tool_462
06-22-2009, 06:34 PM
The real question is can this build make it on to mdpc?

Sure the MDPC builds are mostly pretty badass but some of them aren't anything real special. There are hundreds of mods out there that deserve a spot on MDPC and this one is surely more involved than many of them that made it. We'll just see what the MDPC people(person?) think of it if the guy submits it.

I <3 that Trident cable cover for the tri-sli cards seen on page 10! That is completely unique from what I've seen before :)

dreamaxx
06-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Wow awesome inspiring work! That's what I'd love to be doing eventually. Amazing work!

I wish I had all the right tools lying around in my garage :(

Kibbler
06-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Geez that is bonbo ownage for sure.

The front fascia and the stacked arcylic channels...brilliant. Just amazing workmanship.

lennox
06-22-2009, 08:09 PM
really nice work. I like how he hides the pci-e cables :up:

Conumdrum
06-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Some folks might not of seen the DOOM mod yet. If you have forgive me. It's the best mod and such detailed work I have ever seen, even tho it's years old.
Doom was the first real 3D shooter past Wolfenstein. The first (I know of) networked multiplayer game.
Not dissing Darths post, but if 'ya ain't seen this you ain't seen nothin'.
The amount of time the Op spent and other amazing hands on cutting and creativeness amazes me. And I was a VERY early adopter of networking DOOM. Nothing like pour a beer for a best friend, then shooting him in the back with a shotgun. Sleep was unheard of in those heady days......... There was NO multiplayer except networked on a boot disk with friends.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=802808

silverphoenix
06-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Some folks might not of seen the DOOM mod yet. If you have forgive me. It's the best mod and such detailed work I have ever seen, even tho it's years old.
Doom was the first real 3D shooter past Wolfenstein. The first (I know of) networked multiplayer game.
Not dissing Darths post, but if 'ya ain't seen this you ain't seen nothin'.
The amount of time the Op spent and other amazing hands on cutting and creativeness amazes me. And I was a VERY early adopter of networking DOOM. Nothing like pour a beer for a best friend, then shooting him in the back with a shotgun. Sleep was unheard of in those heady days......... There was NO multiplayer except networked on a boot disk with friends.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=802808

I remember that mod, to this date I have yet to see any other themed mod taken so far and to such detail. He had motorized doors, that rotated open and he made all the mechanisms himself!!

DarthBeavis
06-22-2009, 08:42 PM
I remember that mod, to this date I have yet to see any other themed mod taken so far and to such detail. He had motorized doors, that rotated open and he made all the mechanisms himself!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sPVNyBX4AA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1UaIXbt1VA&feature=related

ORLY ;)

LogAn'sRun
06-22-2009, 08:47 PM
man, you guys need to surf other websites (http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=162276) every once in a while, he's had a log there since dec 08. . ..

silverphoenix
06-22-2009, 09:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sPVNyBX4AA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1UaIXbt1VA&feature=related

ORLY ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a89yRqqK1T8

hehe and this was made back in 04

DarthBeavis
06-22-2009, 09:22 PM
man, you guys need to surf other websites (http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=162276) every once in a while, he's had a log there since dec 08. . ..

Logan Bod is a buddy of mine so to speak . . .part of the BoxGods crew if you will. Some well known modders there . . .

DarthBeavis
06-22-2009, 09:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a89yRqqK1T8

hehe and this was made back in 04

http://www.boxgods.com/dept/modding/index.php?Action=Article&ID=94

LOUISSSSS
06-22-2009, 09:56 PM
creative mods, but the cooling is pretty weak with only 3x 120.1 radiators if hes going to cool anything other than his cpu/mb. lets hope he doesn't throw in his gtx260's in there.

hellcamino
06-22-2009, 10:14 PM
creative mods, but the cooling is pretty weak with only 3x 120.1 radiators if hes going to cool anything other than his cpu/mb. lets hope he doesn't throw in his gtx260's in there.

Yeah from what I have seen he could probably use your help! You should offer him some lessons in water cooling =P

ROFLMAO!!!

Conumdrum
06-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Yeah from what I have seen he could probably use your help! You should offer him some lessons in water cooling =P

ROFLMAO!!!

OMG LOL again, that input is aways worth a giggle. :rofl::rofl:

Anemic
06-23-2009, 12:06 AM
It's going to be sweet once it's finisht!

WaterFlex
06-23-2009, 12:20 AM
That guys is talent .

Mech0z
06-23-2009, 01:57 AM
Very nice made, but damm its a waste to only have 120.1 rads and then a typhoon res with a pump for EACH of those small rads :S He has skills but too much money or too good sponsers :p

DarthBeavis
06-23-2009, 05:22 AM
He gets advice from someone who designs water-cooling products (Geno). The general thought of what is necessary for a radiator here is way over what real water-cooling professionals I talk to say is really needed. Again, I am talking about the folks who actually DESIGN, MANUFACTURE, and SELL the stuff.

hellcamino
06-23-2009, 06:16 AM
He gets advice from someone who designs water-cooling products (Geno). The general thought of what is necessary for a radiator here is way over what real water-cooling professionals I talk to say is really needed. Again, I am talking about the folks who actually DESIGN, MANUFACTURE, and SELL the stuff.

Are you suggesting that he doesn't need some of the advice offered here ? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

From what I've seen the guys build's are all art and function as good as they look.

SNiiPE_DoGG
06-23-2009, 06:20 AM
thats quite the build, I was thinking of doing hard channeling for the wires on flow but I was planning on using something more sturdy than acrylic ;) now its bare nekked wire for me though

Darth_Penguin
06-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Sure the MDPC builds are mostly pretty badass but some of them aren't anything real special. There are hundreds of mods out there that deserve a spot on MDPC and this one is surely more involved than many of them that made it. We'll just see what the MDPC people(person?) think of it if the guy submits it.

I <3 that Trident cable cover for the tri-sli cards seen on page 10! That is completely unique from what I've seen before :)

I just realized that I didn't use a smiley face at the end of my comment hence why no one took it as me poking fun at the "mdpc fanboism" :p:

DarthBeavis
06-23-2009, 07:07 AM
Are you suggesting that he doesn't need some of the advice offered here ? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

From what I've seen the guys build's are all art and function as good as they look.

Advice is always something to ponder . . . .

ownage
06-23-2009, 07:09 AM
It should be the other way around.
He should bring it to Ownage :D

Mech0z
06-23-2009, 07:13 AM

IMO its a waste of money to get water for your cpu if your only getting a 120.1 its not much better than air and its more complex and much more expensive. If it was a 120.2 then it was a different story though.

SNiiPE_DoGG
06-23-2009, 07:17 AM
IMO instead of making the bottom slats perfectly horizontal across the case he should have made them angled and installed 2 x 2 fan rads ;)

hellcamino
06-23-2009, 07:21 AM
IMO instead of making the bottom slats perfectly horizontal across the case he should have made them angled and installed 2 x 2 fan rads ;)

You did read the part where he was theming the entire build on the number three right?

DDR3
3tb hdd's
3x gfx cards
3x loops

...get it ??

In any case the lcs he put together will handle that pc easily, it might be a little louder than some would like but will run just as cool as any.

shazza
06-23-2009, 07:23 AM
Have been following this build for a while ... pretty amazing stuff.

SNiiPE_DoGG
06-23-2009, 08:01 AM
You did read the part where he was theming the entire build on the number three right?

DDR3
3tb hdd's
3x gfx cards
3x loops

...get it ??

In any case the lcs he put together will handle that pc easily, it might be a little louder than some would like but will run just as cool as any.

ok well 3 x 220's then, I bet it could be done ;) I just forgot the amount of rads he had there now :up:

genERIC
06-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Woah, let's cut down on the elitism.

No offense, but if some of your opinions mattered, It would be YOUR log that people linked to. I think his mod is brilliant and I've been following it for awhile on bit-tech. It's refreshing to see mods that bring the aesthetics and are original. Anyone with the $$$ can throw 8 radiators into a mountain mod case, or copy a murdermod. There's just as much art in creating something merely because it looks good, despite its inability to overclock like a monster or cool to negative temps, as there is in the people who achieve those overclocks and temps. I would think we could all agree that, despite if you think it looks good in your opinion, the level of creativity and originality, not to mention the planning and execution of which, is impressive. Of course, some people are too stubborn to see the forest through the trees. :end rant, terminate transmission:

SNiiPE_DoGG
06-23-2009, 10:28 AM
sorry if I came off as elitist :) you'll see in my history that I am always a critic even of my own work and the best work ;)

of course its beautiful and one of the top mods I have seen in a long time from an aesthetic standpoint but I love to ask the question: how could it be even better?

LiQuidator
06-23-2009, 11:20 AM
sorry if I came off as elitist :) you'll see in my history that I am always a critic even of my own work and the best work ;)

of course its beautiful and one of the top mods I have seen in a long time from an aesthetic standpoint but I love to ask the question: how could it be even better?

Well said SNiiPE_DoGG :clap::clap::clap:

Reminds me of the Leonardo Da Vinci and Michaelangelo contests!

The world was much better for it!

It is through applause that we feel accomplished.
But it is by criticism that we excel.
And that which once was great is now sublime.

I have only being posting on this site for 2 days now - and I must say SNiiPE_DoGG that you are always trying to help effectively by providing meaningful input. :clap:

DarthBeavis thank you for that great link!

That is amazing work by Boddaker! :up::up::up:

genERIC
06-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Sniipe, that wasn't necessarily directed at you, I guess it was more of a blanket statement. Although I'm a "new" member, I've been trolling this site for a while and I always see the same thing; people not offering constructive criticism, but rather insulting the creator. I believe every single build on this site has something unique to offer, even if it's just somebody switching out their fans or throwing some ccfls onto their rig. When I don't agree with someone's aesthetic decisions I keep my mouth shut about them and instead comment on the creativity or workmanship. It can discourage people, especially those new to modding, like myself, and that is the last thing anyone should be trying to do on this site. Simply put, we're all on here because we are unsatisfied with just buying a beige or gray box and filling it with components. We have a need to customize, to create, and it's one of human beings' oldest desires (see cave man paintings). That, my friend, is a beautiful thing. In summation, saying something like, "that's great, but you should try x, y, or z" is a great thing, it challenges people to see things they might not have seen before and betters them. But saying something like "that's dumb" or "that's ugly" helps no one out.

shazza
06-24-2009, 09:36 AM
It's refreshing to see mods that bring the aesthetics and are original. Anyone with the $$$ can throw 8 radiators into a mountain mod case, or copy a murdermod.

I agree with your points about people offering constructive criticism. I find it a bit ironic though, that you indirectly dissed the folks who do builds in Mountain Mods or murderMod cases ;)

I love to see all the builds here, and hope we can keep encouraging everyone to post their work. I appreciate a well done Cosmos / V2000 / TJ07 / P80 / or Generic Box build - whether it's a first time effort or from one of the many accomplished folks. I hope we can keep a friendly atmosphere where newcomers and talented individuals like Boddaker feel welcomed to post their work.

SNiiPE_DoGG
06-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Ive been reading through TBCS.com since last night and boy do they have some crazy stuff there :eek: they are very purist modders and from the looks of it 80% of the builds on that site are scratch builds or might as well be scratch builds with the insane amount of modifications they do; they also do a lot of hand work for the most part which is very impressive :D I am pondering whether I should throw my log up over there or not but I fear the repercussions of me having to go out and buy my own paint spray gun and drill press from their influences :rofl: (I do wish I had my own spray gun though :D)...

it seems to be a very heavily trafficked site for the small member base they have. Last night I saw 588 guests and 50 members on line.