PDA

View Full Version : Waterblock Shootout: DangerDen Maze3 vs SwiftTech MCW462-UH

mdzcpa
08-08-2002, 04:40 PM
Liquid Ninjas (http://www.liquidninjas.com/index.php) is proud to announce it's latest liquid cooling review:

Waterblock Shootout: DangerDen Maze3 vs Swiftech MCW462-UH

This review pits two of the current top-of-the-line waterblocks against each other. A good read for anyone building a water cooled system, or just following the latest advancements in water cooling technology.

You can find the article here. (http://www.liquidninjas.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=17)

IFMU
08-08-2002, 04:50 PM
If I had the access (again) I'd put that up on the front page for yea, send JBell or Kurupt a PM and tell them about it. Im sure theyll get it up there.

mdzcpa
08-08-2002, 05:11 PM
Okay...I'll give it a shot:) Thanks.

IFMU
08-08-2002, 05:29 PM
No probs. Like I said, I would but since all the changes recently I dont have access.
Im sure one of them will though.

dmitriyaz
08-08-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by IFMU
Like I said, I would but since all the changes recently I dont have access.
why? what happened? :confused:

morphling1
08-09-2002, 03:11 AM
Hmm, looking at the review, I see that those blocks doesn't perform too good, I don't know maybe the clamping force was too low....
I get a lot better temps with my home made block with axp 1980 @2.18V my temperatures with calibrated xp diode reader are 50°C full load with water temps 25°C. My cpu put out more wats than his plus I use xp diode reader for temps, and my temp with 9°C warmer water are ~9°C higher than his temps with in socket probe....

mdzcpa
08-09-2002, 03:33 AM
Really? I think they performed about as expected.

Keep in mind that he used the stock mounting hardware for the test. He normally uses double springs to increase the pressure, which is very important for TECs and chillers (sub ambient cooling).

Feel free to drop Player0 a line and ask hm directly though...he loves to get questions regarding his work:)

Kurupt
08-09-2002, 10:48 AM
Go ahead and send me a pm and I Will get it up

morphling1
08-09-2002, 01:39 PM
I already send him email :)

Player0
08-10-2002, 12:05 PM
Hi guys,

My results were a little high because as Mike sais, I usually have more pressure on the block (as we all know offers a great improvement).

I always use two springs per post, although im scared of hard bolting things down because this can be quite deadly.

Because i have to compress neoprene, i need more pressure to get good results. Anyway, thats why the results dont look so good.

Also, I only have 300w of cooling power, which is low for me. :)

I am going to try to test the blocks at a higher voltage to see if they perform better, but I have to strip the system down and replace the screws with longer ones.